MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

Its a really inconsistent tactic for me, i have played roughly 20 games with it and to be honest im not impressed, should i give it more time?

Because i am dominating teams and I havent conceded so many goals as with other tactics, would you recommend previous versions or what? Or would you like me to send you a saved game?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

outstanding tatcic. i am in 2012. my club aston villa is the richest club now thanks to lambs and fuss. the value is a staggering 476 million. i am the first seed for the champions league draw. i have just won the european championship with mexico. you guys have created one of the best tactic ever. you should be really awarded for your outstanding work. you have cracked the game finally. i went on an unbeaten run of 41 league games in all competitions. tip for others. if u find that the tactic isnt working. give your players the time to adjust to this tactic. and dont keep on changing the players or their positions. for e.g. play barry as a winger for 3-4 consecutive matches so thaht he gets used to this tactic and his position. similarly do dis for all your players. and the results will come automatically. cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

outstanding tatcic. i am in 2012. my club aston villa is the richest club now thanks to lambs and fuss. the value is a staggering 476 million. i am the first seed for the champions league draw. i have just won the european championship with mexico. you guys have created one of the best tactic ever. you should be really awarded for your outstanding work. you have cracked the game finally. i went on an unbeaten run of 41 league games in all competitions. tip for others. if u find that the tactic isnt working. give your players the time to adjust to this tactic. and dont keep on changing the players or their positions. for e.g. play barry as a winger for 3-4 consecutive matches so thaht he gets used to this tactic and his position. similarly do dis for all your players. and the results will come automatically. cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to ask you, do you make the same tweaks etc every game or what would you generally do? Not being lazy, but would like to know how you managed 41 games unbeaten? Are you conceding many, i have one of the best regens in the game playing for me and it stops mostly anything but with this tactic the opp always seem to come back and draw or win after i have controlled the game for large periods.

no tweaks requried mate..if you are in need of a goal remove counter attack or also if your playing agaisnt a team with a defensive formation. if still not scoring change the pasing to mixed. but most importantly you players should be used to the tactic for the tweaks to work

Very Nice Tactic Mate. Took me a Couple of seasons to get used to it (getting the right players in) but once I did I was flying. Took Barnet from Div 2 to the Premiership in consecutive seasons.

First season avoided relegation, Second season lost in first round of playoffs. Third season won 2nd Div, Fourth season won 3rd Div (and got to 6th round of FA Cup beating 2 Prem teams along the way at home) and last season won the Championship playoffs (beat Bolton in extra time 4-2 with only 10 men)

This tactic might not get you instant results (unless you have a good team to start with) but stick with it!

FuSS. I really like the work you've done in this thread since the v1 to the v4!!

Not only the tactic but all the explanation that goes w/ it.

Your tactic is really good and the tweaks help a lot to improve it depending on the weather, the team you play against or the players you have on the pitch.

It's not the time of tactiv you cut and paste. You have to adapt it to your team, I find this challenging and the game becomes...fun again.

2 small concerns though :

- strikers don't score much (i have to say I don't have really good target men but more complete forwards)

- I have difficulty to even tie away!

(in my new season I have 4 wins at home w/ 10 goals for, 0 against) and I lost 3 games away, always by one goal 0-1.

All the small tweaks (play a bit more offensive, defensive, remove counter att., less creativity, etc) don't work.

It's hard also to know what's wrong cause my game stats are almost the same home and away

(same possession, same # of shoots) and my players have good ratings too. It's just...they cannot get it in and the opposite team does.

Suggestions?

Where to look at to understand this pattern?

Thanks in advance and great work!

PS: I play w/ Le Havre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

no tweaks requried mate..if you are in need of a goal remove counter attack or also if your playing agaisnt a team with a defensive formation. if still not scoring change the pasing to mixed. but most importantly you players should be used to the tactic for the tweaks to work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a godsend! Thanks man, since taking your advice i let the team play the first half without changing anything then made some tweaks. Then i tried switching on and off the counter attack, worked wonders without the counter attack! 16 games i played this evening W13 D0 L3 wow! Now I will be a victim of re-ranking, any ideas of how to combat this element?

Hello

I started with Juventus.

Friendlies:

Juve 3 : 0 Barca

Juve 2 : 0 Chelsea

Juve 8 : 0 Celtic

Juve 13: 0 Juve u20

Juve 7 : 0 Atalanta

And Serie B started

Juve 0 : 0 Spazia

Juve 0 : 0 Vicenza

Juve 0 : 0 Albinoleffe

Juve 0 : 0 Modena

Juve 1 : 1 Triestina

Juve 0 : 0 Verona

Juve 1 : 1 Lecce

Juve 1 : 1 Crotone

Juve 0 : 0 Treviso

I Dominate on every game but I fail to score many goals.

pre-season was great.

But now I draw with clubs where I am clearly superior.

I use all the tweaks.

Oh and all my players are getting injured.last three games 6 injured.

May this tactic not work with non-patched FM07

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sparkysrovers:

I'm so lazy and i cant delete or edit posts but don't reply FuSS as i have just found it on page 13 the strikers moved. Is the center forward the target man or is that the guy to the left of center? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Central striker is the player who should be on the target man list.

On the whole counter attack on or off.

This is how I do it.

Look at your scouts report, if the odds of winning are strongly in your favour, then turn off counter attack.

If the odds are strongly against you, leave counter attack on.

If it is an even gaem, look to see if your opponent usually plays counter attack, if they do, then turn off counter attack. If it does not mention counter attack, then leave it on.

Basically, teams that expect you to win will play more defensive, so you want to attack them.

Teams that expect to beat you, will play more offensive and attack you, so turn on counter attack and hit them on the break.

This tactic is great! Ive changed a few things around to suit my style of play and its works brilliantly with arsenal. Im in my first season played 20 games lost 0 won 18 drew 2 top of the league and my goal difference is far superior to anyone else.

Ive read some people are saying they dont score many goals with this tactic? I score 2.6 goals a game average and henry has 39 goals in all competitions in only 20 games!

I found it didnt really work with the 4-4-2 formation with my squad so i changed it around till i found the perfect 4-2-3-1 formation and neva looked back since

Thanks Fuss this tactic is amazing when tweaked!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

On the whole counter attack on or off.

This is how I do it.

Look at your scouts report, if the odds of winning are strongly in your favour, then turn off counter attack.

If the odds are strongly against you, leave counter attack on.

If it is an even gaem, look to see if your opponent usually plays counter attack, if they do, then turn off counter attack. If it does not mention counter attack, then leave it on.

Basically, teams that expect you to win will play more defensive, so you want to attack them.

Teams that expect to beat you, will play more offensive and attack you, so turn on counter attack and hit them on the break. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers lambs, i was turning it off and on based on where the team was in the league. But do you know should you adjust the counter attack in the tactics before match or after you give team talk(at the match basically)

Oh and another Q. Is it better to tweak at the start or at half time?

sparkysrovers - Persoanlly I tweak at the start, and dont do it every game. If ur not doing great at half time, change things around a bit.

ilovecharlie - spot on mate, adapt to ur team and ur unstopable. I have a particually pacey squad so play a little wider and a little more attacking.

- I'm 4 seasons in and now play completely without counter-attack as most people seem toplay defensive without....turning off counter-attack should be based on ur personal experience, dont be afraid to try it.

Yo FuSS, can I ask you something.....what I have to do with the V4 tactic to get the best results?

Look, I just played versus Manchester and it was and with a 2-2 draw, butt I was the better one and I has to win that match but didn't because the strikers didn't score, what I have to do to get them score, I play with Tottenham, my forwards are: - Berbatov, - Defoe, - Keane, - Mido...and who do I have to select as targetman?

And how I have to play away against clubs like: Liverpool, Manchester, Arsenal and Chelsea, and how to play against, Aston Villa, Bolton, Middlesbrough?

Thanks, I hope you will help me to get the best results in FM icon_cool.gif

Sorry for my English if there is anything wrong, I am from the netherlands

all I have to say is.. The tactic is brilliant..!!

I'm using Watford and it done wonder for my team..!!

here are the results: icon14.gif

6-0 won H vs Wigan (I'm very impressed..!!)

3-0 won A vs Man City (Create not much chance, but the quality of the attacking made the differences..!!)

2-1 won A vs Milwall (Creating loads of chances.. just not enough lucky..)

1-1 draw H vs Tottenham (leading 1-0 but conceded at the last minutes of the game..)

0-1 lose H vs West Ham (Struggling for the whole match..)

2-1 won A vs Portsmouth

6 games

4 wins

1 draw

1 lose

using Watford.. and Darius Handerson is my Ace-player.. A very good header..!!

thanks for the super tactic.. icon_wink.gif

NT: anyway, i'm using version 3..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EricTan:

all I have to say is.. The tactic is brilliant..!!

I'm using Watford and it done wonder for my team..!!

here are the results: icon14.gif

6-0 won H vs Wigan (I'm very impressed..!!)

3-0 won A vs Man City (Create not much chance, but the quality of the attacking made the differences..!!)

2-1 won A vs Milwall (Creating loads of chances.. just not enough lucky..)

1-1 draw H vs Tottenham (leading 1-0 but conceded at the last minutes of the game..)

0-1 lose H vs West Ham (Struggling for the whole match..)

2-1 won A vs Portsmouth

6 games

4 wins

1 draw

1 lose

using Watford.. and Darius Handerson is my Ace-player.. A very good header..!!

thanks for the super tactic.. icon_wink.gif

NT: anyway, i'm using version 3.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at me!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmmY:

Yo FuSS, can I ask you something.....what I have to do with the V4 tactic to get the best results?

Look, I just played versus Manchester and it was and with a 2-2 draw, butt I was the better one and I has to win that match but didn't because the strikers didn't score, what I have to do to get them score, I play with Tottenham, my forwards are: - Berbatov, - Defoe, - Keane, - Mido...and who do I have to select as targetman?

And how I have to play away against clubs like: Liverpool, Manchester, Arsenal and Chelsea, and how to play against, Aston Villa, Bolton, Middlesbrough?

Sorry for my English if there is anything wrong, I am from the netherlands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your target man should be good at heading and strong. out of those forwards mido or berbatov would suit the role the best

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SucksAtFM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmmY:

Sorry for my English if there is anything wrong, I am from the netherlands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your target man should be good at heading and strong. out of those forwards mido or berbatov would suit the role the best </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what I have to do at the matches away, I lose them all with this tactic icon_frown.gif Almost all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SucksAtFM:

your target man should be good at heading and strong. out of those forwards mido or berbatov would suit the role the best </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what I have to do at the matches away, I lose them all with this tactic icon_frown.gif Almost all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u explain where u are losing goals in away matches someone might be able to help you. dont use the tactic tweaks until your team are used to the original formation and when they are dont use all the tweaks at once.

also, what version of minimal fuss are u using? it seems like everyone has their own favourite version. i had no success with v4 on the patched fm but when i went back to v2 everything went brilliantly again.

nikola zigic is nt a bad choice either..giv him a try.it works wonders.

cheers.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SucksAtFM:

This game is turning me into Lunatic! I am so fkn ****ed off with the fecking tactics!!!! Beaten 4-2 by southampton, beat porto 6-0 and then beaten by city 4-3 both of the losses were away! and both comebacks!

And now i have dropped down to fourth! And also can not win my games in hand!

When i lost against City i wanted to pick up my mouse and smash off the wall! and scream really loud obscenities!

Dont have a clue how im up near the top of the table seeing as my away form is absolutely rubbish! Suffering big losses too! Is this game for me? i am starting to doubt my love for this game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pinkfloydd:

bad tactic, waste of time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your a really good contributor to these forums aren't youicon_rolleyes.gif

why is it a bad tactic?

who have you used it with?

what went wrong?

have you got any proof that its a bad tactic?

or yet again are you just abusing other people, and rubbishing their ideas?

me thinks its the last 1icon_frown.gif

people like you are not needed here, you are a t***(sorry for language mods, lol)

i for one and i probably speak for a lot of others when i say i hope you get banned soon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Sounds like u need to read up on re-ranking mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya i have FuSS thanks, but this happened after a great run of games my teams morale was verygood-superb, condition on first team squad was 100% and it was five or six games in, now i have followed every instruction on this thread, i like the tactic as most results i have had where with 4-4-2, but i think that this game is designed to make you lose matches, even if everything is great/perfect, my team either goes to sleep in the 2nd half or else there is re-ranking in the transition from 1st half to second. Muy dissappointed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">think that this game is designed to make you lose matches, even if everything is great/perfect, my team either goes to sleep in the 2nd half or else there is re-ranking in the trans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When 8 hit a rough patch I recommend a formation change, persoanlly i tend to drop the Defensive MC back to DMC and move the other MC ot the middle....and possibly push the wingers into AMR/L positions.

Also turn off counter attack...when u get a good string of results other teams start playign defensivly against u, which makes them hard to break down..so u need more build up (thus counter attack should be turned off).

---------------

Mis.Danon - There will be no V5. I'm not officially even supporting any of my previous version anymore, everything anyone could possibly need to know i in this thread.

Simply put = Read the entire thread and u cant go wrong!

I played v1 for a long time with maccabi tel - aviv (israel). I had no idea that there are 3 more versions so I started a new save, this time with Manchester United and v4 is an amazing tactic when you are doing some tweaks.

I'm Man City & was struggling in league with my prev tactics finding myself in 19th, with V4 up to 13th on a 10game unbeaten run. Not made any tweaks to the tactic, Brilliant - Got a draw away to liverpool, draw away to arsenal & beat man u at home in last 3 games. Scored on one goal in each game, can anyone recommend what tweaks I could make to help score more

Thanks in advance

thank fuss's great job

i have some question about mid-season slump

whether i need to chang the mentality & other things if i change rmc to dmc

also chang the mc to rmc?

thank you very much

The mid season slump is a result of re-ranking. As your team has been playign well other teams decide to play more defensivly against you. This makes them very hard to break down and they will usually try to hit you on the break.

There are many suggestions all over the forum with how to deal with this. One of the simplest and most effective ****ions is simply to TURN OFF counter attack.

Those leaking goals:

-Try removing backwards arrows on DR/DL.

-Try man-markin with the back 4 (I prefer this).

-Try tight-marking and not tight marking.

-See what combernations of the above work for your defence, theres no golden answer.

Those wanting to score more:

-Try notching mentality up a couple of notches(I use one below attacking myself).

-Turn off counter-attack, more buld up play is often the answer to alot of problems.

Hi guys,

Just wondering - as I was foolish enough to buy the 360 version - if somebody could post a couple of screens so I can get an idea of how the tactic works?

No worries if you can't, I know it's a bit time-consuming. =(

Cheers anyway!

FuSS, as many problems i have had with your tactic, in the last two seasons i have finished second in the premiership always losing out on first place by some slump! I have also one the Super cup and UEFA cup.

Have now left derby for Barcelona to a bunch of 30 somethings, its time to get busy, do i keep the experience or get rid?

Archived