MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for double post but I just played 5 games with Malmö and it didn't go well... icon_frown.gif

1 win

2 draws (1 we were worth winning easily)

2 losses (one 1-5 vs. rivals)

I tweaked it a bit but the results never improved.

I will try this tactic a bit more but that will be later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by willyw:

Hey fuss, nice tactic! one question tho, about the swap positions. do u swap places with the ml-mr and the two strikers or do u swao the ML with the left striker and the MR with the right striker? im confused icon_smile.gif ty mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should just be the MR and ML swapping with each other although I've tuned it off now.

This is the best tactic i used so far.

The first three games i never scored a goal, so i switched off the swapping wide men and now won eleven out of twelve!

The only thing i do is to change the Target Man supply every half. I do this completely at random. I will choose any of the four to start the game and then switch to any other one at half time.

I've have noticed a pattern, usually it is 0-0 at half time, i switch to something else and virtually always win!

After 13 League games i've conceded the least and scored the most. Still in the Cup also! Could not ask for more, cheers Fuss!

Hi there,

Thanks for the tactic. I have been using this tactic with Villa during my second and third season (5th and currently 7th respectively).

The one thing I noticed which may explain why you tend to concede a lot from corners is that you have your target man marking their tallest player and since strikers aren't the best at marking that could be the problem. The other thing is that for some reason on offensive corners you seem to have your target man set to outside the box. I've got him attacking the far post and it works fairly well.

I agree with the other tweakers -

reduce tackling

reduce long shots by everyone

I wonder if you can come up with an effective amc/dmc tactic in midfield - I've got Edu and Huddlestone and it would work great! The other thing is swapping wingers is truly awesome - I have Adu and Kalou changing sides and it works a treat!

Thanks for the tactic!

I "kinda" like the tactic...

Ive tried it with my portsmouth team, and my playing style got refreshed, so far so good... BUT - ive played 6 matches with it (in the middle of a season) and only won the matches on the home field... All away games is lost?? icon_frown.gif

My tweaks : Ive turned down on the tacklings (so it suits my players).. Ive unticked the swapping AMR/L part.

Anyone has any tweaks for away matches? Im struggling icon_frown.gif

This tactic has done wonders to my Bury side. I won the Third Division with relative ease.

I haven't found out any particular weaknesses yet which I can report, although it seems that the computer is on the verge of cracking it as I haven't been performing too good anymore the last 4 matches so maybe I'll have to tweak it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simsejensen:

FFS FuSS - i love you...

This is incredible... I tweaked your tactic so it suits my style, and my players.. And DIIING - my team performs like they fear no one.. Oh my god :O

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unavngivetvw0.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be so sceptical... but beating Arsenal 5-0??? That's unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that you were hot favourites according to the odds shown on the bottom of the page. You been doing a bit of cheating and raiding players from other teams Simse? hehe.

I am playing Milan using a slow tempo/short passing 4-1-2-1-2, Ancelotti style. Doing very well but found out that I often had problems against 4-4-2 formations. So to counter that I made my own 442 which is actually VERY similar to yours. The results came quickly. After having lost heavily 0-4 to Inter I employed the 442 next time we met. Milan won 3-0.

Thanks for sharing with us, Fuss.

I had developedmy own 442 home and away before i started to use this which was working well West Ham upto 4th in Prem.

My Nephew told me about this tactic and I thought I'd give it a try. Beat Man U, Chelsea & Liverpool and drew with Arsenal but lost to Pompey who are bottom. Just read the instruction with it and am going to try a few things but so far a small improvement to my own tactics performance.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rittings:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simsejensen:

FFS FuSS - i love you...

This is incredible... I tweaked your tactic so it suits my style, and my players.. And DIIING - my team performs like they fear no one.. Oh my god :O

Sorry to be so sceptical... but beating Arsenal 5-0??? That's unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that you were hot favourites according to the odds shown on the bottom of the page. You been doing a bit of cheating and raiding players from other teams Simse? hehe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raiding players from other teams? Ehhhh? Do you want to see my squad icon_smile.gif ?

Only ones ive bought is Ratinho, Marcelo, Jo, Cardenas and Guardado...

Accusing me of cheating, thats a bad one champ.

I ended up the first season for Portsmount being third in the league behind Chelsea and Man Utd... Won the FA cup vs Chelsea...

This tactic worked wonders, and only started using it when i was half in the season.. Wonder what the result would be if i used it throughout the entire season...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rittings:

FFS FuSS - i love you...

Sorry to be so sceptical... but beating Arsenal 5-0??? That's unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that you were hot favourites according to the odds shown on the bottom of the page. You been doing a bit of cheating and raiding players from other teams Simse? hehe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hot favourites? Only just, and thats not impossible considering he is fourth and its already march. If Arsenal are behind him (maybe way back), its not weird to consider Portsmouth the favourites.

Acusing someone of cheating is just lame icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benoit2:

FFS FuSS - i love you...

Hot favourites? Only just, and thats not impossible considering he is fourth and its already march. If Arsenal are behind him (maybe way back), its not weird to consider Portsmouth the favourites.

Acusing someone of cheating is just lame icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Benoit2 - allthou i dont think he meant it that seriously, atleast i dont hope so...

Here's some screenshots from the first season, after using FuSS's tactic (with selfmade tweaks)

Fixtures / Results after using FuSS tactic... I used the tactic after the Blackburn match - hence the black paint : http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leagueuf8.jpg

This kid also had a big part of my success after changing tactic.. He didnt performed that well before i changed, but he sure made his appearence well known i all matches. Getting "news" about him match after match about him causing havoc in the oppositions defense.. : http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unavngivetrg6.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

Tweaked this tactic for my spurs team and won the league in the second season, my only buys were niko kranjcar, andres guardado, sherman cardenas and hamit altintop. brilliant tactic.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/leedsjay/spurschamps.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell us what did you "tweak" icon_wink.gif

Well im back from my wknd break, Man theres alot of new comments. For once im not gunna answer tem one by one cos im a bit rushed this morning. But here's the mian comments after reading it all:

-Sombody complaining about lack of goals but said they turned off target man! You just answered you're own problem son, turn it back on and cofigure it properly to suit your strikers.

-Swap positions, As i've said loads in this thread already....Works fantastically IF your wingers are both R/L...if not it will have negative effects, so switch it off.

-Thanks for the set-peice info.

NEW VERSION TONIGHT IF I GET THE TESTING TIME.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Well im back from my wknd break, Man theres alot of new comments. For once im not gunna answer tem one by one cos im a bit rushed this morning. But here's the mian comments after reading it all:

-Sombody complaining about lack of goals but said they turned off target man! You just answered you're own problem son, turn it back on and cofigure it properly to suit your strikers.

-Swap positions, As i've said loads in this thread already....Works fantastically IF your wingers are both R/L...if not it will have negative effects, so switch it off.

-Thanks for the set-peice info.

NEW VERSION TONIGHT IF I GET THE TESTING TIME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good good and welcome back

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romayrag:

I had developedmy own 442 home and away before i started to use this which was working well West Ham upto 4th in Prem.

My Nephew told me about this tactic and I thought I'd give it a try. Beat Man U, Chelsea & Liverpool and drew with Arsenal but lost to Pompey who are bottom. Just read the instruction with it and am going to try a few things but so far a small improvement to my own tactics performance.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the end didnt tweak to much myself Tried Tevez (fast skillfull st) in the 'withdrawn role' and gave him a farrow to fc and this worked for a while. Found that the further throught the season I got the more inconsistant I became loosing to the smaller side in the prem and spanking the big teams. ended up 8th semi final of FA cup quarters of Euro Cup and 3rd round of League cup 'before i started using the tactic and with virtually a res side out against spurs'

Over all It's not bad. I found Zamora the most effective target man he scored 10 goals using this tactic but in only 4 games then got injured. Tevez ended the season on 29 and Harewood with 25. Ashton spent more time injured than playing and I think that coupled with Zamoras injury and Etherington being out for 3 months took it's toll on my small squad.

I will give this another go in season two when I have stregthend the squad. Probably with another cb, rb mr and maybe another st. Tevez will go to fund the rebuild so he will need replacing, but I am hoping that 20 mil will go into the pot as a result.

I will keep you informed as to my progress.

Well been testing V2, not gunna be many big changes in this one (if it's not broke don't fix it).

Mostly you'll noticed new improved set peices and a teaked target man (Bagging tonns of goals for me so far), along with the small tweaks that have been mentioned here so far (through balls/longs shots/switching).

I'm playign with man marking right now as I'm getting ****ed off with some of the seemingly loose marking I'm getting out of the present system.....I'd be very greatful for any feedback on man-marking as it was quite poor in 06.

Hey fuss,

im playing with carlshanton (**** team from england, not playable in the beginning (dafuge challenge) and this tactic is pretty decent! i am already promoted to the Championship with average players. What i do tho, is two pacey strikers instead of tall guy + pacey. This works a treat! they run on everything, and score a lot of goals. But i think the defence is a bit weak, esp. the flanks! all the goals I concede are mostly by flank attacks combined with crosses. I am trying to tweak a bit (marking - mentality u know) but this doesnt really work. And I feel that the strikers only go for own glory, cuz of the creative freedom u gave em. They dont pass to each other but try to shoot from impossible corners and angles (wich gives some mega goals but not enough goalsicon_biggrin.gif) I really want to test V2 for my shitty squad, since this is the only tac that got me on 13/15 winning streaks! anyway, good luck with the V2 and Versions to come! Cheers, WillyW

I'm not sure about the attacking part of this (based on using Rooney, Torres and Saha) but the defensive part seems spot on. I've been hammered by Chelski as Man U but they hardly had a shot in with this tactic. Even with The Polish Keeper!

------------------------------------

••• MiNiMaL_FuSS_07 v2 •••

• It's HERE!, so here's a brief run-down.

• I think afew of you will be disapointed with the lack of change, however it's very hard o decide which changes will benefit the tactic when it's already doing so well.

• Because of this V2 would more acturately be described as 'V1.5'

• Rest assured however I'm testing some big changes at te moment and V3 should stir things up a little.

••• OFFICIAL CHANGES •••

• Mentalities tweaked a little

• Closing down tweaked a little

• Target man settings RE-DONE!!!

• Set Pecies RE-DONE!!! (still not happy though)

• Winger swapping removed as default (feel free to re-enable)

••• NOTES/TIPS •••

As before make some important last minute changes, this works amazingly well in 07.

• You'll notice in V2 Target man is set to aim for 'HEAD' by default, try changing this at half time during a game for some seemingly fantastic results (as long as your target man is capable) - I'm guessing that by half-tike the opposition has worked out that your using a target man and how your using him, and so they will likely counter this (marking him with a taller striker if he's reciving to head for instance). And so by changing the way your target man is reciving the ball you seem to out-fox the enemy.

• Sometimes Alter pacey striker free-role

• Sometimes Alter target man hold-p ball

• Sometimes use Swap position for the wingers

• Sometimes use it for the strikers (also you manually swap tem occasionally)

It's small but important changes like this that will keep the tactic fresher and help beat the enemy.

••• V3? •••

I'm experiemnting alot at the moment and nothing is concrete, but here's some of the things im considering:

• Man marking system

• 4-4-2 Diamond formation change

• Back-Arrows on the Full backs (seems to stop people getting in crosses)

• Standard 4-4-2 but with one more DMC like player and one more AMC like (rather than the same MCs)

• Set-Peices are still driving me nuts

• Creative freedom.

You may share my tactic else-where as long as I'm given appropriate credit.

Thanks, V3 will blow your minds!!

Vash420 - I've already discussed Man Utd's lack of target man earlier in this thread. The poster responsed by buying Klose and is now having great success.

NB:

This tactic requires a target-man, no seriously...Im not joking.

I've just altered the forwards to AMC behind the striker, and tweaked Rooney as AMC to behave more how he does for United IRL, though I'll have to test this out a bit. I've lost 2-3 to Roma but I've still to lose in the Premiership (and qualified for the knock-out stages in ECL anyway) which hasn't happened ever on FM07, they've been a shambles up until now. I'm still using a target man for whoever is up front to see how it works out.

Just started using this tactic with bristol rovers, after a long and torrid season i was sacked as manager of grimsby town, was then offered the bristol rovers job and needless to say i've gone 5 games unbeaten since using this tactic.

It was a plug and play affair for me as i simply used any players, Ricky Lambert and Claridge up top for me - hardly target men, hardly pacey strikers, but all good. Niceone mate! You've saved me pouring petrol on the game and lighting it!!!!

I'm on my 3rd season with Nottingham Forest and my current tactic is okay but too inconsistent, so I decided to give this a try.

Before I tried this I was 2nd at Championship so I was doing quite well.

First game was against Aston Villa (who were 5th at Championship) at home in FA Cup 3rd round. They dominated the game, shots were 12-6 to them however the match ended 0-0.

Second game was an away game against Plymouth who currently lie at 21st place in the Championship. The too dominated me which I found rather conserning, and I eventually lost 1-2. Shots were 8-6 to them.

Third game was a re-match against Aston Villa in FA Cup 3rd round, this time at away. This one was a disaster. They totally dominated me (shots 15-4 to them) and I ended up losing 1-4.

I realize that my players need time to get used to the new tactic and I will give it more games. Still, my team's performance in these first three games was really concerning... I don't know what were the "main problems", main problem was that I was being dominated througout the games, it was as I were playing against clubs from higher leagues.

Fourth match was at home against Bristol City who were 22nd in the Championship. At first half they had more chances than me and scored 1-0 at around 30th minute. At 2nd half I dominated them but had very little real chances. Shots 13-4 to me, score 0-1. icon_frown.gif

Fifth match was as away against Leicester who were on 13th place. Shots 10-10. Result: another loss, 2-3.

Sixth match was at home against Barnsley (currently 10th). This time I actully had more shots than them (9-4). However I failed to score (their keeper was MoM) and the game ended 0-0

So I've now given this 6 games with my Nottingham Forest in Championship, and here's the summary:

Games: 6

Wins: 0

Draws: 1

Losses: 5

Goals: 4

Conceded: 10

I've dropped from my 2nd spot to 6th and it's starting to look like as this tactic might just lose me my promotion. Promotion that seemed almoust certain a while ago icon_frown.gif

I'm gonna give this another 6 games and report back here...

Fuss I must say you struck gold with this tactic. I was testing it with a Slovenian side CMC Publikum and it's solid gold for my team. I won the leauge and the cup with ease and got in a group stage of CL in the second season beating Benfica and Dinamo Zagreb on the way. It's a fantastic tactic and KUTGW icon14.gif

FuSS - a few questions..

Left striker : 14 Mentality and 9 Creative Freedom...

Right striker : 10 Mentality and 17 Creative Freedom...

What are your "plan" for these strikers? Left one more attacking and the right one comes deep to get the ball, being the creative striker?

Just wanted to clear this out..

Other people than FuSS can state their opinions too icon_biggrin.gif

League cup success icon_wink.gif

Very weird final though, i went into it with only one stiker that wasn't injured. Was 1-0 down till 85th min when Reina brought down keane in the box and got sent off. They had to put kewell in goal lol. I won 2-1, the pen and some long shot icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ah well, i guess the game felt sorry for me!

First season with Farnborough in Conf National using FuSS v1

Won 14

Drew 11

Lost 21

I'm putting the indifferent season more down to the increase in competition level rather than AI cracking the tactic.

Just about to embrack on next season in Conf National with FuSS v2, will post the results.

Apryo - lets have a screeny of that Liverpool game please mate.

jsl - it seems to take longer to adapt to a new tactic in 07...espeically if you've used a previous tactic fairly solidly to get promotion with Notts forest....glad to see its working now.

simsejensen - striker settings are still under going tweaking....although its been a long long trial and error job.

The striker setup is quite obvious really:

-The Right forward is your target man, he is more attacking as he should be forward to recieve the ball in the box (and maybe hold it up for the other striker or shoot). He has less creative freedom to encrouage him to stick to this role....i found with too much creative freedom he went out wide to recive the ball and thus eliminated the point of a target man.

-The left striker is your

small/pacey/creative/finisher the typical litle striker, he is less attacking so he holds backs a little often to recieve the ball from the target man and polish it off. As he's less attacking an has more Creative freedom he also sometimes go out onto the wings and crosses the ball in for the target man (especially useful if your target man likes to try to finish the job himself).

-As for going deep neither striker does particaully, this tactic uses wing play and corsses, so going deeper in the middle of the park dosnt provide much.

R Side =

-Target man

-Stays up to recieve ball (more attacking)

-May hold up or pass to on-coming striker

-Lower Creative freedom encourages him to stay put and not always try amazing shots to finish him self.

L Side =

-Small striker

-Hang back a little (less ttacking)

-There to finish the jobs the target man dosn't

-High Creative allows him to get wide and cross to target man.

PS: simsejensen I enocurage peoples opinions and anwser nearly all comments, something very few tactic creates do here now.

I'm having great success playing lazio with this tactic. Scoring 3-4 goals most matches and conceeding little. One peculiar thing about this tactic is that it seems you can field just about any strikers no matter how bad, and they still net a lot of goals.

Archived