MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmmY:

What I have to do to get in my second season another succeed whit chelsea, because in my first season i dominated and in my second season I almost can whin :S What I have to do to winn in the second season

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you brought loads of new players?

A lot of second season slumps are inflicted on our-selves. I

f you buy a lot of new players at the start of a new season then it takes them a long time to learn how to work togethor.

I had a fantastic second season playing as Newcastle, because I only brought a few players. I am having a hell of a difficult third season because the board gave me loads of money, which I spent on a winger, a central defender, an AMC, an AMR and a new fast striker.

On paper the team should be awsome, but I have struggled more and lost more games by January than I did all last season.

My assistant manager has now told me the team has a good understanding (in his team report) and now I am stringing togethor a good run. I am still top, but I now have a 6 point lead.

Have a look at Cleon's new post on his new season with Sheffield Untited, he is playing a diamond 4-4-2 with counter attack, every thing he says in his thread will work for FuSS's tactic.

Please remember, that as Chelsea you will be the best team in England, this means every single team you play will try and hit you on the counter attack.

Against weak teams:

Try turning your counter attack off and moving the mentality slider 4 clicks to the right. Also try turning off the target man option, it may limit a team with your quality.

Against strong teams:

move the mentality slider 4 clicks towards defensive and move you defensive line to 6 clicks from the left hand end.

Hope this helps.

p.s. your English is much better than some English's people that I know. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 reason why i am hating FM, really onrealistic, the oppent was come 3 times to my goal and scores 2 with strikers like: Beasley and Vassell and I get *(^&%*( 24 chanses with strikers like Iaquinta, Shevchenko, Drogba, Samaras, Villa, and scored just one goal, what I have to do, pleaze help me, because if i will play like this every match i will brake the fm cd :@

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laxly:

As FMDownloads seems to have been hacked, does anyone know where I can get V4 from? I am using the old version with some success, but would like to try the improved version.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laxly:

As FMDownloads seems to have been hacked, does anyone know where I can get V4 from? I am using the old version with some success, but would like to try the improved version.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes can somebody also post it to the mail in my profile

V4 is by far the best tactic I have tried on FM07. Won promotion with Southampton with almost original squad + Eddie Johnson of course icon_biggrin.gif.

The strikers positions is brilliant, Johnson and Rasiak scored almost 70 goals for me, in those positions.

Had to make a couple of tweaks for the defence, but this tactic has a lot of potential and can be used with many different teams, I think.

Thanks Fuss.

Going to try it with a conference team now. Looking forward to it.

i think this is one of the best tactics i have encountered...with the right tweaks and changes to adapt it to your players and type of squad and you'll have not an unbeat tactic but a regular one...simple and direct which can compete with the biggest teams (chelsea, MU, Inter, Brazil...)

i tried it with milwall, sporting, porto and Portugal...i'll run one more season to discover how the AI will face it...

Good Job

Excellent work FuSS and The Lambs.

Got to the January window and things went a bit pearshaped. Managed to counter this by cloning the LMC to the same settings as the RMC and taking the wingers farrows off but advancing them both to the AML and AMR positions. Seems to be working a trat again! icon_smile.gif

Guest mrknight13

I can't seem to downoad the tactic. I don't use Rapidshare and the others come out as .rar files instead of .tac

Any help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrknight13:

I can't seem to downoad the tactic. I don't use Rapidshare and the others come out as .rar files instead of .tac

Any help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to download winrar. Search on www.download.com

ZZ600 - you cloned the LMC? i.e. the attacking one? havnt tried that myself, i often clone the RMC for tough games to be more defensive.

I also push my wingers up like u sometimes, useually against weaker opponents.

Just wanna say a massive thanks to fuss and everyone involved in creating these tactics i became very dissalusioned with football manager and have struggled with 06 and 07 but know thanks to your tactic and help i feel i understand the game better now im currently using v4 and i finished 6 in the champ with wolves and won the play-offs so a massive thanks i never thought i would get wolves to the prem just got to stay up now many thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

ZZ600 - you cloned the LMC? i.e. the attacking one? havnt tried that myself, i often clone the RMC for tough games to be more defensive.

I also push my wingers up like u sometimes, useually against weaker opponents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't explain that properly, I've now got two defensive midfielders, as you suggested earlier in the thread. icon_smile.gif

I, too - like some others - was beginning to get a bit disillusioned with FM... and now I'm turning to this tactic. I tried it once before with Forest Green and didn't do too well.

Now I've restarted and gone back to the 7.0.0 version, such was my dismay and not getting anywhere!

Solaar

fingers crossed

I'd just like to mention Alan Smith.

It's my third season with West Ham, last season Smith played as a backup for Ashton and was very solid.

Ashton went out for 2month with a hip injury this season, in which time Smith scored 8 in 5 matches.

I prasied him saying his perfromances had been good. His persona status now read...detemined to do even better in order to force his manger to lavish more praise on him.

He has gone onto score 2 hattricks in 2 games....simply amazing run! and worthey of comment.

I have had gradually increasing success over 3-4 seasons playing Savilla in La Liga using v4. Last season pipped to top by Barca by only 2 points. My problem was drawing more games than any other team. I realise the way to overcome this is in-match tweaking to more attacking options whether home or away. Now I have a stronger team I often tweak to team attack (3 notches); passing and tempo normal, at start of match. This works. This tactic plus very good training equals impressive results. I do not see it as a quick fix however. You need well trained players.

i have found that if you happen to have 2 quick strikers in the side you still have success if you make the bigger of the 2 strikers the target man and set the target man supply to "feet" and the tactic is still sucessful. i tried it with my Reading side using Doyle and Lita. Very Sucessful

Using v4 with Partick Thistle.

Signed James Grady from Gretna for £2k. He is 5ft 7" but is described as being good in the air, he has 16 for Jumping, 14 for heading.

Sitting 6pts clear at start of Novn season 1. Beat Hearts at home in Lge Cup quarter final, now have a cash fest of Celtic away in Semis.

Won the Challenge Cup.

The only person that can beat Grady in the air regularly is Kevin James who is 6ft 7" with 20 Jumping and 19 heading. When I play against him I put the target to feet and Grady still runs riot!

Tactic working well, only changes I make are as follows:

If I want to hold a lead, drop one of mids to def mid and the other then plays cm.

If I want to score, remove def minded cm and put on amc.

Working a treat so far!!! C'mon the Jags!!!

Playing as Manchester United and am struggling a little bit.

My main problem is the opponent scoring. I lost 2-3 to Sheffield United. 2-0 up, 80 minutes, they had had no shots on goal. Within 10 minutes and 4 shots i was 2-3 down. Fans = ****ed.

I drew 2-2 with tottenham in the cup. They had 2 shots on goal.

I drew 2-2 in europe away to HSV. They had 4 shots, 3 on target.

My problems are my strikers not finishing there chances. 12+ shots on target per game should get more goals.

My other problem is with my defense. Has anyone got any tips on what instructions i should give my defenders. Any other defensive ideas?

I have also noticed i have a vulnerability from corners. I am conceding a goal every other game from a corner. Any ideas on how to overcome this?

sounds less like a problem with the tactic and more like a problem with your choice of opposition instructions mate. Theres plenty of threads on good opposition instruction set-ups.

You can also try changing the back 4 onto man-marking, as ur ManU ur defenders should be more than capable.

This tactic has been pretty special for me.1st season in championship with sheffield wednesday downloaded this tactic tried 2 tweak it for my players but had no luck.I think the main problem was the lack of a target man.So i decided to make my own tactic which got my promoted to the premiership.well pre-season i managed 2 purchase some fairly good players + Greg halford for peanuts,well pre season wasnt going to well so decided to use minimal fuss v4 again tweaked 2 my players strengths etc...lost the 1st few games but was playing good football.Roll on 14 games later and im sat nicely in mid-table with the second best defence in the league and target man halford is top scorer.ive lost 5 but 3 of them were to chelsea,man utd and arsenal all away in which its was by one goal.Ive got to say mate good stuff KUTGW icon14.gif

Being using minimal fuss since getting the game. Started with version 2 with my Birmingham team and walked the championship with only two major signings. The next season I finished a respectable 8th after making a flying start to the season. Found that having less quality in the squad made my team tail off towards the end of the season. Highlights from that season were coming back from 3-0 down at half time at st james park against Newcastle to win 5-3 (ripping into them at half-time did the trick) and my major signing recieving signing of the season.

In my third season got offered the Liverpool job and took it. Decided to use the new V4 version of the tactic but found that my players were struggling to adapt to it, especially away from home, so went back to V2 and the team is flying again. Am using 7.01 patch.

Great tactic FuSS

Ok fuss, i am going to try using your tactic. I have used v1 not very successful a lot of draws. Not really happy, then from the reviews of v4 i decided to try this. worked well for a few matches winning 5 on the trot. Then my target man every match was getting picked out for special treatment and three of my players became violent.

2 right hooks and one kick. bad as i only pick up at least 3 reds a season and now i have 4. Plus is it necessary to have a target man or if i de-select it will the tactic not work so well, has anyone tried not using the target man?

But i really want to give this a chance as it has been getting possibly the best reviews and results for any tactic on FM. Will come back with more questions if i need to. Thanks FuSS

hey fuss (and lambs) felt inclined to mention your good work here! i too have a west ham side on the go (the attraction of those two argies did it for me!)

played my fist season with my own tactics and a couple of signings guardado and modric, came a lowly 9th, semi's of fa cup and uefa, second season, sold the argies and built a new side, adopted your tactics and came 1st in the league, final of fa and final of uefa (had to go via the intertoto!) lost the finals to the arse and the chelski

finished off my squad (or so i thought) in the close season and am quite happy with it, however i fear the re-ranking you mentioned has gazzumpted me, pl 8, w3, d2, l3, f19, a 9. so i began a tweak massive tweak overhaul, didnt work for a couple of games but just beat pompey 4:0, hopefully the turning of the tides. Perhaps the champions league is taking it out of my team!!!

here she blows:

green/amelia

gorluka/neill

koncheskey/bale

tuia/gabbidon

ferdinand/digard

wright-phillips/modric

guardado/skjelbred

fabregas/reo-coker

leandro lima/ buonanotte

ashton/jo

higuain/kerlon

Guest Marcusulas

mid way 3rd season with Portsmouth, finished 8th & 5th in 1st two seasons, got to the final of FA cup & UEFA cup in season two, Ive pushed up the backline & closing down slider a touch on the original V4, being Portsmouth its difficult to generate revenue from ticket sales but the challenge makes it that much more intersting!!

Through to the final of the league cup in 3rd season & 10th in league at mo with a few games in hand.

For gamers looking for a super formation to win the treble with lower teams forget it!! liken this game to real life....could Pompey go & win the premiership & euro cup??!! I rest my case.

I am doing a Boro career and doing really well with the pre-patch version of this tactic. The only thing that keeps letting me down is my home form. I keep conceding late goals against teams I should easily beat to either draw the game or lose it.

What can be done about this? Please help bcos my posts never get replies. TIA.

Ok started out a month ago(in game of course) with v4 and I have had a mixed bag or results:

LC 2-3 Fulham

EC 3-1 AEk

PRM 1-2 Pompey

EC 1-2 AC Milan

PR 3-0 Leeds

PR 2-2 Everton

PR 1-0 Newcastle.

So 3 wins out of 7, 10 points from 21...

And i have tried tweaks, my journey goes on

Guest Zapp Brannagan

Carried on a Man Utd from the demo, thought I'd try this tactic for a bit as I'm still messing about with the game...and, it's interesting.

I hardly dominate teams, but will still win. Think I've only dominated about 2 or 3 teams with it, mainly LL opposition in the cup. I find that the defence let the opposition strikers have too much room, no matter what I tweak, and pacey strikers seem to cause a lot of problems.

I also think it's a bit to defensive, and you rely on 2 amazing forwards to get the goals...rarely do they come from other areas.

I've also had some shocking results with...4-1 loss to Portsmouth, 3-2 loss to Watford, and in both cases they looked like Brazil 1970...I hardly got a touch of the ball, no matter what I changed.

I'm still top of the league mind, so it can't be that bad!

Archived