MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

Not the tactic for me i'm afraid .

Familly away today so a total gaming day , downloaded this early this morning with a Boston Utd team 13th in the Championship . saved the game , thank God , prior to using this tactic and after 16 games they are now 21st after not keeping a clean sheet in any game . add to this 7 red cards and 36 goals conceded i think i'll revert back to my old 4-4-2 and start at my saved game again .

Guess it's one of those tactics that work fine with great player , but then don't they all , but not so well with free transfers and loanee's .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fuss, and h guys, i havestarted a new game with west ham, but with the version 3 of this tactics i have played 12 game with 2 won 2 draw and 8 lost, i have tested the version 1 and i have played 10 game with 9 won and 1 draw icon_wink.gif.

I don't know the reason of all this, but i'm very happy for fuss V1

Hi and sorry for my english i'm italian

Has anyone got suggestions how to adapt this tactic for away games?

Normally I play narrow, fast counter-attacking football away, but that seems contradictory with the idea behind this tactic, since it is based on crosses towards a big targetman. Also it is known that fast tempo and 'down the flanks' do not combine well in FM2007.

Ambi I use this but do not have a big bustling target man. If you switch Team Instructions to play mixed balls to target man it’ll do the trick. I think the left-hand striker being fast is more important than having a big target man.

For away games, I jack the mentality down a little (maybe three clicks to defensive), and maybe turn the more defensive of the midfielders a little further down (even move him the DMC if req’d).

This seems to work most games for my Everton team (save a 4-0 reverse I’ve just had at Old Trafford).

What I really really like about this is the corner taking/positioning. With Arteta taking my corners to front post, and Cahill waiting there for them, it’s working a dream. They’ve combined to net 15 times in this way in my first 25 games. Deadly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craigthejack:

Just one question, is the goalie meant to kick it long to the MC?

Rewind, to the MC, rewind, to the MC...Ok, enough icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have changed it to a kick towards my targetman.

Since my MC has crappy heading it is of no use for me, but I think that it was meant to be the FC after all (since it was that way in the previous tactics)

Guest train_spotter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rammalc:

Not the tactic for me i'm afraid .

Familly away today so a total gaming day , downloaded this early this morning with a Boston Utd team 13th in the Championship . saved the game , thank God , prior to using this tactic and after 16 games they are now 21st after not keeping a clean sheet in any game . add to this 7 red cards and 36 goals conceded i think i'll revert back to my old 4-4-2 and start at my saved game again .

Guess it's one of those tactics that work fine with great player , but then don't they all , but not so well with free transfers and loanee's . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been using the V4 tactic with Hinckley Utd. By February I'm in a two-horse title-race with Nuneaton Borough (booo!). I was expected to be there or there-abouts before the season started though.

I'm scoring goals for fun but also shipping them (my two central defenders are very slow and this seems to be a tactic which leaves you open to the ball over the top).

One complaint I have is that the tactic doesn't fully utilise the target man as my defenders and midfielders have a tendency to overplay for the level of football I'm at. It's quite rare for my target man to go in for more than a dozen headers a game which is a shame as he tends to win almost every header he does go in for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benoit2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PulpVictim:

Are you sure about the '20=acceptable'? All my players reacted badly to this. When I changed to 20=below (21=acceptable) they are reacted positive.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally depends on your team of course. For me, at Chelsea, 21 from 3 is unacceptable (though I look at the last five matches though, so five sevens isnt good enough for me. I rarely criticise someone over it though, but I do expect more.

If you're playing a relegation battle, I think you'd be very happy with straight sevens.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do tend to do more "below" for a total of 20, but that can upset them as well. I find that is the total that varies from player to player, while the other totals are always spot on. I have a note saved on each player that tells me what I have to use for 20.

UPDATE!!!

Well not really, more of a final statment. I will not be updating my tactic and please please stop adding me to msn. I've removed my contact details so where you all keep getting them from is beyond me.

I don't want to offend anybody but you have no idea how frustrating it is to have what's now been over 100 people add me to msn and ask me questions that are clearly answered in this thread.

Now I will be working on a new tactic because I simply fancy something new, but I will no longer be supporting this tactic, sorry but you're on your own now.

Much thanks to 'The Lambs' and 'Cleon' you guys have been nothing short of amazing in this thread, cheers.

Just a quick question for anyone who is using V4 of this tactic.

I'm very sorry if I've missed this but I've looked through all of the previous pages and might have overlooked it.

I've noticed that the two strikers are both set on team mentality which is bang in the middle rather than their own individual mentalities.

Is this a mistake or am I supposed to tweak this depwending on the opposition or my own preferences.

As I said sorry if I've missed this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CREW:

Just a quick question for anyone who is using V4 of this tactic.

I'm very sorry if I've missed this but I've looked through all of the previous pages and might have overlooked it.

I've noticed that the two strikers are both set on team mentality which is bang in the middle rather than their own individual mentalities.

Is this a mistake or am I supposed to tweak this depwending on the opposition or my own preferences.

As I said sorry if I've missed this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We found that if you increase their mentality more than the teams then they got caught off side quite a lot. If you do want more attacking play, do try increasing them based on their pace.

I would suggest looking at an earlier version (v3) for a suggestion of where to put their mentalities if you wish to go that way.

Sorry Fuss, i related you my result.

Now i'm first in premiership, with your first version of tactic, My team is West ham.

At the end of season i post you the table icon_wink.gif

Fuss! Thanks soooo much. Just patched up my fm and beat Man U @ home with everton 4 - 1. V4 of the tactic is fantastic with Eddie Johnson as target and Andy Johnson as the pacey striker. Eddie alone had 10 shots with 6 on target.

Thanks

Glad its still going well for alot of you.

Maarin - As I've said to others, you may share it if full credit is given to Myself and Lambs.

Plus please post a link back to this thread, as it answers so much.

And be sure to copy as man of my hints and instructions as you can, as they help massively.

I have just downloaded your tactic and hope it will give me a huge boost as I have only won 1 out of 11 but only losing 2. I have trouble finding the net (5 goals in 11 games). I have also had 5 0-0 draws. Im empoli and I will inform you on how the tactic goes.

Having fantastic results with V4 with my basic liverpool side. Currently just into the january period and am 3 points from top with a game in hand over chelsea.

The target man role is ideally suited to crouchy, and unbelievably he's topping my statistics with 33 goals in 34 appearances. He's just behind Henry in the premiership top scorer race. I also find luis Garcia does really well as the additional striker.

Top stuff lads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ginja-Ninja:

Orkun, that is very impressive, but it is in the dutch league which is hardly very strong. Have you tried the same tactics in a stronger league, e.g. english prem or spanish le liga? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope not yet, but I did play alot of Champions League games and he managed to score in almost every single one of them.

this tactic is great on my pne game 1st season im 2nd after 21 games and danny dichio is a peter crouch double!! seriusly tho he's scored 20 in 21 games and although he's 32 im thinking of selling him as i have neil mellor bak from injury and think hed can do a ob until i get nygaard in january what do you guys think? iv'e been offered 500k for him will my promotion dream fall apart if i do sell him help me make my mind up

Just thought I would add my latest tactical changeup for this tactic:

At the moment I have a striker who isn't the perfect target man or a great pace-man in Kerlon but I have moved him to the slightly off centre and put the fast striker (Eddie Johnson) in the central striker position. Works great! btw Eddie made the perfect target man before i got Kerlon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glynnbob:

this tactic is great on my pne game 1st season im 2nd after 21 games and danny dichio is a peter crouch double!! seriusly tho he's scored 20 in 21 games and although he's 32 im thinking of selling him as i have neil mellor bak from injury and think hed can do a ob until i get nygaard in january what do you guys think? iv'e been offered 500k for him will my promotion dream fall apart if i do sell him help me make my mind up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever u do don't sell dichio. I used this tactics with north end and dichio was an absolute legend, top scorer, top assister and highest average rating, one of the best target men on the game imo. Keep him upfront for rest of season then, if u get promoted, u can sell him for nearly £1 million and buy a new target man as he can't hack it in the prem.

this has to be the best tactic. works superbly with any club once your players get used to it. i am with villa second season. won the league and the F.A. cup first season. winning against chelsea, manchester united without any defensive play or any defensive formation. trust me guys this is the best tactic. give it a go. thanks a lot lambs and fuss. i know using this tactic is a kind off cheating. but the results are simply awesome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

Fuss-V4 doesnt work witn NO-patch,am i right ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am playing with the patch and I believe that FuSS is as well.

This means v4 was designed to work with the patch.

If my memory serves me well, v1 and v2 are both pre-patch.

Devils-haven, thanks for the praise. I had a similar second season with my two teams, Tamworth in league 2:

played 46, won 40, drew 6, lost 0. For 143 against 16.

Tamworth also made it to the final of the FA cup knocking out Liverpool and Tottenham on the way, but lost to penalties against Arsenal. Not bad in my humble opinion.

i've played Fuss' tactic before (prepatch) but it wasn't as good as Rashidi's Wolverine.

After patch hovewer Wolverine doesn't work, so v4 Fuss again is good. I use it together with KMan tactic.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/5732049172/p/1

KMan tactic is risky but very attacking.

I start with KMan tactic in hope to bang a few goals fast then I switch to Fuss to be better in defense, and often score another 1 or 2 goal.

I don't play KMan tactic away against much stronger teams then mine.

Switching this tactics is very comfortable because they place players in the same places, so you don't need to reassign players at all.

This tandem of tactics works for me in Conference North with Harrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Lost my first league game in about 70 games last night. I fancy a play with other tactics, so I might go for a blast at Kman's tactic for those must win games. Cheers for the suggestion Marx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whta vers. did you use 4?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gabi80:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Lost my first league game in about 70 games last night. I fancy a play with other tactics, so I might go for a blast at Kman's tactic for those must win games. Cheers for the suggestion Marx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whta vers. did you use 4? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, version 4.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Very nice,

I've just played my 100th game in charge of West Ham on 7.0.1 using my own tweaks of V4.

Won 80

Drawn 17

Lost 3

Goal Difference 182

Not bad er. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you changed tactic for away games?

Marx,

I tend to have a goal ratio of about 2.0 to 2.8

So you can see that on most games I am scoring 2 goals, but occasionally there is a big 4 to 9 goal bonanza in there.

Gabi80,

it don't know about FuSS, but I only alter my tactics based on my scouts report and on the match odds.

As the odds take into account if you are home or away, then there is a small amount of altering tactics for away games.

As a rule of thumb, the more the odds are stacked against me, the more defensive I play and the deeper I have my defensive line. But obviously this is also dependant on the oppositions tactics.

As an example to compare to FuSS's results my results are as follows:

Newcastle.

Played 150

Won 93 (55 in the league)

Drew 33 (21 in the league)

Lost 24 (16 in the league)

For 284 (1.9 p/m)

Against 121 (0.8 p/m)

Tamworth

Played 155

Won 129 (96 in the league)

Drew 17 (14 in the league)

Lost 9 (5 in the league)

Scored 436 (2.8 p/m)

Against 66 (0.4 p/m)

About defending: deep defensive line doesn't work for me. Opposition crosses often. I tend to alter arrows on wingers to be back arrows, sometimes I play wider to caught their wingers

Or I swith to very offensive tactic and try to score more goals cracking their weakened defence

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marx:

About defending: deep defensive line doesn't work for me. Opposition crosses often. I tend to alter arrows on wingers to be back arrows, sometimes I play wider to caught their wingers

Or I swith to very offensive tactic and try to score more goals cracking their weakened defence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried setting "clossing down" to "always" on their wingers opposite instructions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyHorseLegend:

I liked this tactic, but when i started my second season this tactic seemed to play into the AI's hands as they start to play a defencive counter attacking style when your rep increases, as this tactic relies on counter attacking itself i just couldn't win and kept drawing/ losing 1-0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read FUSS's notes on the v4 on page 13, he specifically states that you should untick counter attack before game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord Crumb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyHorseLegend:

I liked this tactic, but when i started my second season this tactic seemed to play into the AI's hands as they start to play a defencive counter attacking style when your rep increases, as this tactic relies on counter attacking itself i just couldn't win and kept drawing/ losing 1-0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read FUSS's notes on the v4 on page 13, he specifically states that you should untick counter attack before game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS

What I have to do to get in my second season another succeed whit chelsea, because in my first season i dominated and in my second season I almost can whin :S What I have to do to winn in the second season

-----------------------------------------------

Re-Ranking (Thanks Lambs):

There is no such thing as the AI cracking tactics. What actually happens is that based on you teams success the AI starts giving you more respect. So the more games you win the harder it becomes to break teams down. This is known as re-ranking. This usually relates to playing defensive and hitting you on the counter attack.

It's generally though that there is a big re-rank halfway though season point, hence many tactics report slumps here. It's been suggest that there is a re-rank when the game is saved or maybe started, this would seem quite logical and may explain how you're form can suddenly seem to change just by restarting the game.

I Readed that butt i dindt understand

sorry for my english

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmmY:

What I have to do to get in my second season another succeed whit chelsea, because in my first season i dominated and in my second season I almost can whin :S What I have to do to winn in the second season

-----------------------------------------------

Re-Ranking (Thanks Lambs):

There is no such thing as the AI cracking tactics. What actually happens is that based on you teams success the AI starts giving you more respect. So the more games you win the harder it becomes to break teams down. This is known as re-ranking. This usually relates to playing defensive and hitting you on the counter attack.

It's generally though that there is a big re-rank halfway though season point, hence many tactics report slumps here. It's been suggest that there is a re-rank when the game is saved or maybe started, this would seem quite logical and may explain how you're form can suddenly seem to change just by restarting the game.

I Readed that butt i dindt understand

sorry for my english </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically the game notices how well your team has been playing, so your opposing team will change their playing style to match IE more defensive if you are playing well, more attacking if you are crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GizzMo:

I created game with 7.0Patch but i already update to 7.0.1 ,what version i should be use.

Thank You </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use v4, its the best one in my humble opinion.

Archived