Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

I actually dont change the FullBacks actual player tactics, i just take dangerous player into consideration in opposition instructions. With Robben I'd close down always for example.

I'f its a very strong team or i'm particually worried about a player like Ballack, then i maye more my RMC into the DMC position in order to help my back line.

I'm afraid I'm removing my email and contact details from my profile, and requesting that nobody else adds me to their msn.

Don't take this personally, I just do not have the time to answer hundreds of basic tactical questions when the answer are clearly in this thread.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

I actually dont change the FullBacks actual player tactics, i just take dangerous player into consideration in opposition instructions. With Robben I'd close down always for example.

I'f its a very strong team or i'm particually worried about a player like Ballack, then i maye more my RMC into the DMC position in order to help my back line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to add only the opposition instruction against dangerous wingers.

I'm already doind the RMC->DMC trick against strong AMC/MC, anyway thanks again icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

I'm afraid I'm removing my email and contact details from my profile, and requesting that nobody else adds me to their msn.

Don't take this personally, I just do not have the time to answer hundreds of basic tactical questions when the answer are clearly in this thread.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont be afraid icon_biggrin.gif if they want answers they sould post there questions in this topic

icon14.gif

Guest Krisne

oh the pain, i have been struggling to finish above 9th in the premier league with gretna and dont know what i can do.

been following the advice on here and struggling.

i have lost my last few games 4-3, 4-3, 3-2 and 2-1 with the winning goal being scored somewhere in the last few minutes.

i am going to switch to ass manager team talks for a while. also, what does everyone switch around when hanging on to a lead?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what does everyone switch around when hanging on to a lead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Krisne, attached is the formation I use when defending a lead late doors. It’s a 4-5-1 with 2 DMs, and it’s a counter attacking tactic which is best used with the solitary striker playing as a target man, with team instructions to play direct through balls to him which he can run on to and exploit the space down the flanks when the opposition is pushing on looking for equaliser etc. So best with an Andy Johnson/Jermaine Defoe type striker.

4-5-1 Defensive

Anyway FuSS, good stuff this, it’s working well for my Everton side – a couple of blips, and well behind Chelsea (who are unbeaten in the first 25 games), but I’m second and I’ve a lot of new players and suppose they’re still gelling. Should be good enough for Champions League qualification.

I’d recommend that even if you’re not using this tactic you should follow FuSS’s tactical instructions on page 13 of this thread. Really think that the making of minor tweaks to any formation just prior to kick-off works very well and is essential for success.

Finaly got time to look at V4 last night, half read tips and played a couple of games struggled to score and lost to one shot one goal games.

So I re read a lot and found one vital thing I missed - it is so important to tweak EACH individual player sliders to yours players, but leave team instructions mostly alone.

Example: Put long shots for players good at this

Short plassing for good passers of the ball.

Long shot for players good at this... and so on.

Spent nearly 1 hour tweaking all the individual players and what a difference. More good chances, more posession, 2 wins and 2 clean sheets.

Thanks again for this

KUTGW icon14.gif

FuSS Thanks for the mid season tip, I also found that picking out 3-4 key players and giving them improved contracts helped boost morale and this in turn helped my results icon_smile.gif

gallo123 - spot on mate, tactic works fairly well as is, but tweaking it to your won team makes it near unstoppable. More people need to understand that all downloadable tactics can really offer is a solid base on which for you to build according to your own team.

A quick update for those that are interest.

I am still unbeaten with both teams.

Tamworth league 2. W18 W16 D2 L0 a healthy 16 point lead over second place.

League cup facing my other team in quarter finals.

Still in johnstones and fa cup.

Newcastle premier league. P9 W7 D2 L0 joint top, but second on goal difference.

Still in europe and all cups.

As you can see, in a desperate attempt to make one of my teams lose, they have been matched against each other in the league cup quarters.

So far, I have not had to play defensive by replacing a strker with a DM. The re-ranking on Tamworth is kicking in, but I am still winning.

I am having success with using hold up ball on my right MC or free role (or playmaker) on my left MC.

Guest Krisne

after my post above, this is how the season finished.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9519/didshituk8.jpg

then i got serious with fixing things up with the tactic and got a couple of new players in. i put the rmc into the dmc spot and set the assistant to team talks.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/125/doingbetteryf5.jpg

as you can see, i think i was doing something very wrong in the team talks. i am in the semi finals of the league cup as well.

hopefully we can keep it up for the season.

Havnt experimented with hold-up and free-role like Lambs, but I'm gunna try it out. West Ham look set to win the prem and r still undefeated in my game, but got knocked outta Europe 6-5 to Arsenalicon_frown.gif

Well i played with this Tactic with 1 year and got to the premiership from the championship with hartlepool.Making 3 Promotions in 4 Years for me:P

I just won the Champions league, Prem and FA Cup. Also was in final of carling cup. With Spurs in my 5th (i think) season.

Probably my best ever season, nice one Fuss icon_smile.gif

/dances oh yes!

I've now played about 5 games with this tactic, first season with Spurs. I'm using this tactic alongside a modified CM Addict 07 tactic and a 4231 tactic for really tough games against the big four. I spent the first half of the season using various iterations of V3.

Currently mid January, sitting 2nd behind Arsenal on a ten game unbeaten run. What I have definitely noticed is that this version seems much more defensively sound - the opposition seem limited to chances from set-pieces or quick counters.

Has anyone noticed that you get caught on the break with this tactic? Probably due to defenders going up for free kicks/corners, and then being out of position on the counter. Any thoughts on how to shore this up without impacting the attacking threat?

i sound really stupid sauing this, but where do i download version 4 from as i can only see version 1 on the front page!!

thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

hey lambs can you please help me out. i am with chievo first season champions league. first knouckout round opponent is arsenal. i tried playing a defensive line(deep). two defensive mid fielder option but to no avail. i always loose 4-0, 2-0. i have reached this point with the v4 without cheating. i know this cheating. but can you please help me out further with the tweaks useful for a small club like chieve against arsenal. i will be really very gratefull. thank you

and hey. i have also tried the man marking wingers and strikers option. are they too good for me?? or is there any way to beat them? please reply

Hi folks, ive downloaded V.4 but when I come to import it I get a message saying " unable to import tatic ".

Any ideas ?

wow there's alot of good feedback doing on.

Here's a nice simple tweak that will help you out for wet matches and might just work better for your team anyway: Set Team Passing to 'Direct', but only the first notch or 2 into it.

Have fun!

I'm using this tactic with Man Utd and it appears to be working quite well. One thing I've noticed is that my ML and MR swap places. For example Giggs is ML and Ronaldo is MR. Partway though the game they will swap sides on a permanent basis. I can't see anything to make this happen in the tactics. Has anyone else noticed this?

Might that be fixed in the v4 tactic? I've just realised I've only got v1.

Yea that was taken out in V2 I believe, been gone along time mate, try out V4.

Yea that was taken out in V2 I believe, been gone along time mate, try out V4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks FuSS for your reply. Just downloaded that. I noticed something weird when I loaded it up though. Instead of the two strikers being up front centrally, one was in the centre with the other stuck between him and the forwards arrow of the ML.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8324/fussv4or1.jpg

Version Summary

V1 & V2 are very similar and both for 7.0.0

V3 was a big step with quite alot of changes and was he last tactic for V7.0.0

V4 is an updated version of V3 with tweaks to suit the new game version so is for v7.0.1

Hi

Now reranking is hitting me hard. From the 24th of november I won all 7 games in a row, but when it turned the 1st of january i lost my first match in 7 games. Now out of 12 games I've lost 6, drew 4 and only won 2. I'm using the version 4 and the team played so well until january.

Now what to do?

I've tried ticking off counter-attack when meeting teams where I was favourite but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyone got some tips?

Try reading the thread theres loads, infact there's quite alot regardining re-ranking on this very page!!

This tactic works great with tall strikers with high heading abilities:

zigicsn5.gif

Need I say more?

Played for 10 games with this tactic and won only one. Switched back to an old tactic of mine and won 13 in a row. Nevermind.

mikos9 - The right hand FC is the target man. icon_smile.gif

Orkun, that is very impressive, but it is in the dutch league which is hardly very strong. Have you tried the same tactics in a stronger league, e.g. english prem or spanish le liga?

14 straight league wins with Juve in Serie A after I switched to this tactic. I wouldn't say I'm sweeping all the teams, the games are still tough against Roma and Inter but the tactic definitely makes my team shell out some pretty solid performances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Re-Ranking (Thanks Lambs):

There is no such thing as the AI cracking tactics. What actually happens is that based on you teams success the AI starts giving you more respect. So the more games you win the harder it becomes to break teams down. This is known as re-ranking. This usually relates to playing defensive and hitting you on the counter attack.

It's generally though that there is a big re-rank halfway though season point, hence many tactics report slumps here. <STRIKE>It's been suggest that there is a re-rank when the game is saved or maybe started, this would seem quite logical and may explain how you're form can suddenly seem to change just by restarting the game.</STRIKE>

I am reliably informed that relaoding is a waste of valuable FM07 playing time and makes no difference, so ignore that last part. Watch your match odds to see how re-anking is affecting you.

Remember Morale is very very very important, there is a simple formula knocking around that allows you to improve a players morale by the player interaction. This is a cut down version and while not devised by me (credit to Mertle) I do use it to good effect:

Add up the last 3 form scores for the player and then base your response on the following:

19 or less = below

20-21 = acceptable

22 = pleased

23 and above = delighted

As this is affected by lots of factors, there can be small errors that neeed to be addressed on a player by player basis, but in general this can vastly improve a players morale. It also seems to get you added to their favourite personnel after about 3 uses, which is nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about the '20=acceptable'? All my players reacted badly to this. When I changed to 20=below (21=acceptable) they are reacted positive.

V4 is working very good for me btw! In my first year I promoted with lotsa luck as number 6 in the playoffs. Now with only a few signings and a young and a maybe the worst squad of the PL i'm playing in the top. Just bouncing from 2 to 7 all the time. Playing with 2 defensive mids instead of an attacking one.

Almost january though, maybe I'll try the one with the real defensive midfielder after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PulpVictim:

Are you sure about the '20=acceptable'? All my players reacted badly to this. When I changed to 20=below (21=acceptable) they are reacted positive.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally depends on your team of course. For me, at Chelsea, 21 from 3 is unacceptable (though I look at the last five matches though, so five sevens isnt good enough for me. I rarely criticise someone over it though, but I do expect more.

If you're playing a relegation battle, I think you'd be very happy with straight sevens..

good tactic

I'm cruising with default Shrewsbury in League 2. By the way this team fits tactic quite well because of classic pair of forwrads upfront - Cooke as a targetman and Asamoah as a pacey..

Just bought one MC just to make squad a bit deeper. Decided to use two MCs with DM settings (as your left MC), then it looks more solid..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Lister:

Yea that was taken out in V2 I believe, been gone along time mate, try out V4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks FuSS for your reply. Just downloaded that. I noticed something weird when I loaded it up though. Instead of the two strikers being up front centrally, one was in the centre with the other stuck between him and the forwards arrow of the ML.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8324/fussv4or1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi all ,

Just downloaded this tactic for the first time and noticed the same "quirk" as Marc Lister .

Can anyone please tell me if this is how it's meant to be before i make a complete arse of myself and loose every game i play .

thanks in advance .

• Weather - If its raning short passing dosnt work, make it more direct.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You change this for every single player (who got individual instructions on passing) or only the the team instructions?