MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by redstar1:

Just to add to this argument... I've been playing a lot of FM this week, using mostly Fuss' version 2 tactic. I've had success with:

Manchester United

Linfield

Red Star Belgrade

Santos

Northern Ireland

It works, but you cannot expect to load the tactic, pick 11 players and sit back and watch the results come in. There are so many other factors involved than just tactics. Fuss' tactics work, and work very well, but you need to take some time to understand why they work, and how to make them work for you.

If they don't work for you then fair enough, by all means say so. However I wouldn't expect to see you back in this thread afterwards unless you had some constructive criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would you do then before a match to "make the tactic work"?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my liverpool team is now 19th in the league..i guess if 2 more matches i lose in a row ill get sacked...dis tactic is my only hope...

Tried this Tactic with Luton Town.

1st season was pretty hard and alot of the squard were poor and the side lacked alot of pace. I brought in a few bargains and managed to keep the club at mid table.

06/07 Season

I finished 12th and from watching the games I could see I needed to invest in better finishers some stronger midfield players and improve my defence alot. Alot of players that did well for me were sold and this freed up some money to go and buy in personal that were better suited to playing with this formation.

I was pretty confident I could finish top 6 if I could one keep the squad together through the season and not have too many injuries.

Results 07/08

Season 07/08

As you can see the team won the Championship and managed to make it to the final of the FA Cup!!!

I had 2 job offers during the season...Spurs and Roma!!!

Thanks FuSS. This tactic is fantastic. Finishing and Pacey strikers with a pair of good center banks and I was marching all the way to the title. Now going to see how I do in the premiership. Fingers crossed.

Just completed my premiership debut.

08/09 Results

08/09 League Table

And one night I wont forget in a hurry

Cup Glory!!!

All in all a fantastic season. I had to switch to the v4 tactic int he early part of the season due to 4 straight league defeats. Teams like Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal are very hard to beat and thanks to my side being able to grind out wins againsts the other teams I achieved way above what I was expecting.

Not sure what I will do in the summer as playing in a ground that cant hold more than 12K makes it hard to keep the players I bring in. Not so sure I can repeat the success I had this season with this team next season but thanks once again to Fuss....this tactic with the right type of players works.

In Summary

Season 1 - Crap Players finished 12th in Champ

Season 2 - Good potential Players 1st in Champ and FA CUP finalists (lost to Arsenal but got in Europe!)

Season 3 - Better potential Players 3rd in Prem and WON Euro Cup on Penalties.

FAO Paddy Pants Down

I am about to start a championship game with my favourite team Barnsley. I am just curious to know which version of fuss you used to get you promoted to the prem as i intend to use fuss as well. Also was it on version 7.02. Thanks in advance

FAO Grossen.

7.02 And used v3. When I got to the prem I was doing okay and then it stopped working about 5 league games into the Prem Season. I switch to v4 and I was okay till the end of the season. Next season in Prem started well but then I started to struggle again. Then Barca came in for me and I couldnt turn down the offer :p

Had great success with the different versions of the tactic, with a few changes to make it more direct. Added long throw in's, made the centre midfielders more defensive and generally brought in lot's of hard working thugs.

Started out as Western-Super-Mare boss and yesterday got the FC Porto job via a spell with Stoke City.

Hi ive used this tactic as Droylsden in conference south, though it took me three seasons to get promoted here are the results using only this tactic V.4

Season 1 = 14th Conference N

Season 2 = 6th Conference N

Season 3 = 2nd COnference N(Won PLayoff)

Season4 = 10th conf

Season 5 = 2nd conf(won playoff)

season6 = 15th L2

season7 = 1st L2

season8 = 1st L1

season9 = 17th ch

season10 = 10th ch

season11 = 1st ch

season12 = 10th prem

season13 = 4th prem

its starting to fall apart now but ive still got a much lower team in terms of talent and im holding my own in the prem, though not as well as it used to perform so i guess the AI has cracked it

Pickriff - nice results!

I gave V4 a try and then tried to look at work by Cleon and tinkered and tinkered with a 442 diamond. There is no doubt he is a tactical whizz - but it sure showed that I wasn't. 14th in Championship with Forest.

Went back to V4 and tried to tweak just a little and am now up to 7th.

Would love to know what sort of set up you have used (indiv instructions etc) and if you alter anything before the match. Good to see such success - well done!

wonder tactic...i tweaked the tatic to suit my spurs team and they finish 3rd in the first season, 1st in the second season, reaching the FA cup final and European Cup quarter final. and now in my third season, Im 1st in the lead and on a 23 match unbeaten run icon14.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaswarbrick:

Hi Fuss, how are you? I was just wondering which striker was the target man? The one right in the SC position or the one just to the left of the SC position? Thanks alot, can't wait to test your V4 tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The right one is a target man.

This tactic is fantastic, i am playing with Croatian champions Dinamo, and I'm 2nd in champions league group stage, just 1 point behind ManU, and the best thing is that i bought only 1 player (Agustin Delgado - strong targetman).

P.S. Played 11 league games, and concided only 1 goal while scoring 32

Wow what a tactic.

Season 1 Conf National with Stafford Rangers. Finished about 8th with no major TM in the squad. Given its the same squad (only about 4 additions and some transfers out) that is currently struggling to avoid relegation I think that is a good start. Ended up the outperformers i the league. Just missed playoffs.

Season 2. Better squad. Manage to have a few extra players including a 5 TMs although 2 very young and 1 loaned. Finish 2nd and win promotion to Div 2 via playoffs.

Season 3. Have 5 target men in squad. Currently 4th in Div 2 with 6 games to go so will at least make playoffs. Was predicted 24th! My wage budget was 13.5k/week so basically the same squad as the one that got me to playoffs with the loaned TM signed permanently.

The key thing for me is having 5TMs in the squad. They are all quick and are very good players for this level. 2 are very young so can play 1 league higher. 2 others should be OK one league higher as well. This means that no matter which 2 fwds I play I can have the swap feature enabled which causes defence real issues.

The second key feature is swappin my left and centre midfielder. I've never done this before (always L/R midfielder swapping) but it seems to work a treat.

Basically my team is so hard to pick up that the AI can't work it out.

In sumary, if you take the time to build the team to this tactic then it seems to work very well indeed.

One other thing. I was going well at the start (10 points from first 12) and then hit a bad patch. I changed to AM giving team talks and boy has that made a difference. He only has a motivation of 10, but the amount of times I have come back from 2-0 down at HT is huge. I think this is a ral weakness of FM TBH. Mind you, it saves a hell of a lot of time!

Will keep updating as I progress. Being in this position after 1st season of progression from Con Nat really is a record for me on 07 to well done FUSS!

OK just finished the season on the train into work.

My next 3 homes games were against, 1, 2 & 3! Drew against 1 and won against 2 & 3. Went on another great run and with the last game to go was 1st although needed a point to guarantee at least 3rd. I lost the last game 1 - 0 (despite dominating) but still managed to finish 3rd. So promotion to Div 1!

My last 14 games produced 11 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. One or two of those wins should have been heavy losses, but my keeper went from strength to strength.

Just downloaded v4 of this tactic, and I'm not having the best luck as standard. First few matches did not go well. Drew 2-2 with Luton after going down 2-0 early on.

Is the target striker the left or central striker? The central one has HUB but seems to run around everywhere for me, and yet the left sided striker just runs to the wing. Im Confused which way round these are supposed to be set up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abaddon879:

Just downloaded v4 of this tactic, and I'm not having the best luck as standard. First few matches did not go well. Drew 2-2 with Luton after going down 2-0 early on.

Is the target striker the left or central striker? The central one has HUB but seems to run around everywhere for me, and yet the left sided striker just runs to the wing. Im Confused which way round these are supposed to be set up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The TS is the right one. Stick with it is the message on any new tactic as it takes time for your team to adjust. Also, you need to make sure you switch players around (as per my description) otherwise the AI will play better against you. In my first season I lived with it as I knew I didn't have the players to suit. I bought some players in on loan (mostly TM) and bought some wingers during the course of the second season and then went from strength to strength before back to back promotions.

This has been the best LLM tactic I have ever found.

Witht this, is there one player who seems to score more than the rest or is the scoring pretty evenly balanced? I mean would it be worth spending the bulk of your transfer budget on one player to score loads or would you be better improving the squad a little overall.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abaddon879:

Witht this, is there one player who seems to score more than the rest or is the scoring pretty evenly balanced? I mean would it be worth spending the bulk of your transfer budget on one player to score loads or would you be better improving the squad a little overall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 5 TM in my squad. None overly expensive. The danger in spending on one player is always injury.

The team I had that got promoted was brought together for about 40k and in Div 2 I had a 13k/week wage budget. So hardly expensive. I went for players with potential rather than older players and that worked well. Also, look to loan signings wherever possible, especially TM and wingers.

So TS and Wingers are the key to this tactic basically? I'm trying to get Steffan Iversen for my TS as he's pretty good in my game, and within budget. Although, Kitson and Long aren't bad so maybe I'll invest somewhere else.

So TS and Wingers are the key to this tactic basically? I'm trying to get Steffan Iversen for my TS as he's pretty good in my game, and within budget. Although, Kitson and Long aren't bad so maybe I'll invest somewhere else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TM are the most important for this tactic. You also need to get the ball to them so wingers are important.

I'm not an expert though so am just saying what I have seen in my game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow what a tactic.

Season 1 Conf National with Stafford Rangers. Finished about 8th with no major TM in the squad. Given its the same squad (only about 4 additions and some transfers out) that is currently struggling to avoid relegation I think that is a good start. Ended up the outperformers i the league. Just missed playoffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick

What kind of passing and DL did you use in the conference with this tactic?

Like your idea about swapping positions by the way.

In regard to player morale, and how to give praise, how would you go about doing it when the media are approaching you about a player? The terms are different and I keep getting mixed results from my players when I reply. Whenever I tend to agree with teh media my players get unhappy, yet when I say that they haven't been playing great they seem to agree.

I believe fuss suggested swapping one of your SC for the DMC position. Seems to work. But I tend to be leaking late fluke goals. 30-yard strike types that there is very little I can do to defend against. Either that or they suddenly get a burst of luck and grab 2 late equalisers from set pieces or fluke crosses. I hate the luck of them sometimes!

Late goals seem to be a rather annoying feature of 07, theres quite afew threads about covering them i believe.

Personally I'm not a fan of going defensive to protect a lead, I tend to plug away the whole match and try to snatch another goal...it's the english way, we dont want italian football to spread :p

But I recommend taking the fwd arrows off your wingers and maybe dropping to a 4-1-4-1....add a little tiem wsting and play abit more defensivly....same as u would with any tacic to keep a lead.

Remember if you've got good plyers, i recommend man marking with the back 4 (no tight marking).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taunton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow what a tactic.

Season 1 Conf National with Stafford Rangers. Finished about 8th with no major TM in the squad. Given its the same squad (only about 4 additions and some transfers out) that is currently struggling to avoid relegation I think that is a good start. Ended up the outperformers i the league. Just missed playoffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick

What kind of passing and DL did you use in the conference with this tactic?

Like your idea about swapping positions by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kept everything as per original tactic so no change on the passing or DL. The key here is TM. As soon as I got some I did well.

Hi FuSS, I am playing an online game with my mate on turkish leage. we have the best 2 teams in the leage so most of the games (home or away) our teams are the favorite. I am playing with Besiktas and he is playing with Galatasaray. This is the 6th season nowicon_smile.gif . I have used your V3 for my 3rd, 4th and 5th season. 3th and 4th season were a great success.

I have just downloaded your V4 and looking forward to give a try. But if don't win against my friend there is no title for me.

He is playing 4-3-1-2 with an AMC. V3 worked well for me for a while but now I can't stop his AMC from scoring.

He probably man marks my striker and target man. They seem to be useless when I am playing against him.

He has pacey strikers and a hard working midfield but one of his DC seems to be his weakness.

Any suggestions on opposition instructions when playing against 4-3-1-2. (He always use a playmaker.)

Any suggestions on how to stop him marking my strikers. icon_smile.gif

Thanx for your big contribution to the community. icon_smile.gif

simple way of countering the ai 4-2-4 i found is to keep with absolutely the same formation and rare fwd runs for fb's man mark their fl with your rght winger and their fr with your left winger and focus passing down flanks. thats all i do and i've hardly ever conceded a late goal hope this icon14.gifworks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timsah77:

He is playing 4-3-1-2 with an AMC. V3 worked well for me for a while but now I can't stop his AMC from scoring.

He probably man marks my striker and target man. They seem to be useless when I am playing against him.

He has pacey strikers and a hard working midfield but one of his DC seems to be his weakness.

Any suggestions on opposition instructions when playing against 4-3-1-2. (He always use a playmaker.)

Any suggestions on how to stop him marking my strikers. icon_smile.gif

Thanx for your big contribution to the community. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not Fuss but this might help:

1. Try and man mark his AMC with one of your defensive minded MC. Clos him down often and tackle hard.

2. As for your strikers, auto-swap them. Although it might not be in your best interest, it will confuse his defenders.

3. Try and close down on his weak DC, that might help.

4. Tight mark his strikers..and play with a deep D-line.

4. And assuming he playes with 3 in the midfield, go wide, increase the tempo and counter attack.

For my own sake, do let me know how this goes. Wanna see if I have got the basics right too/

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by timsah77:

Any suggestions on how to stop him marking my strikers. Smile

Thanx for your big contribution to the community. Smile

I am not Fuss but this might help:

1. Try and man mark his AMC with one of your defensive minded MC. Clos him down often and tackle hard.

2. As for your strikers, auto-swap them. Although it might not be in your best interest, it will confuse his defenders.

3. Try and close down on his weak DC, that might help.

4. Tight mark his strikers..and play with a deep D-line.

4. And assuming he playes with 3 in the midfield, go wide, increase the tempo and counter attack.

For my own sake, do let me know how this goes. Wanna see if I have got the basics right too/

Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

prince capri,

Thanx for your help. I will follow up the your advise and definitely update you about how it went. I lost two league games already but we will probably play the Turkish cup final.

prince_capri has got it spot on there,

Chelsea use this 4-3-1-2 formation all the time in my games on FM, wth ballack in AMC.

I mark him tightly and play afew notches wider to take advantage of the wing space.

You could consider switching to 4-1-3-2 yourself - drop the defensive MC back into a central DMC position and center the remaining MC, tends to anchor you're defence against strong AMCs.

Finally dont forget to try man marking with you're 2-DCs (turn tight marking off thought) - something i recommend for stronger teams.

Good luck.

I told u that I lost the title alreadyicon_smile.gif. But I got the cup. Fantastic game I played 4-1-3-2 as Fuss suggested. I did everything prince capri advised. It was a poor 90 min for me but I was expecting it because he had a better squad. Than he was left with 10 men. I scored on the extra time but he replied in the last min. (those stupid corner goals) He had ustari as a golaie I had enyeama. I won. I thinks tactics worked pretty good cause I stopped his FC's and AMC.

Thanx million times to both of U..

I will update you about the next season

Hi,just wanted to say I downloaded your tatics and just gone on an unbeaten run of 10 matches with Bristol City in League 1.I'm in 2nd place at the moment and well pleased.Great tatics thanks very much.For you or anyone else whos interested I bought a couple of players to help my cause and they are great in this div,to name a couple;Doudin(Neuchatel Xamax)£10k.Mika Aaritalo(FC TPS)£28k.Boyd Mwila(Orgryte)£45k.Kasper Hamalainen(FC TPS)£12k.

I've just started an online game with my mate as the worlds 2 richest teams. Barca and Madrid.

Bought Toni and Eddie Johnson as my target men and so far all is going well.

I've used this tactic before but never with such a big team, I've never been bigger than Sampdoria!

In general how does v4 weather against other teams manager by players? Anything I need to bear in mind? I've got him away from home soon and I want to be prepared.

OK now for an update on my Stafford Rangers game.

1st season in Div 1 was OK. Was predicted 24th and finished safely in mid-table. Average squad age was 20 again and I managed to pick up a few very goof young players from Ireland.

2nd season in Div 1 has just finished. Again predicted 24th. Average squad age was 20 again - they just don't seem to get any older (in reality I buy lots of 16/17 year olds from Ireland for 1 - 5k and hope a few of them become gems (one was free albeit with 50% sell-on clause and is now valued at £2.5m 3 years later). Finished 2nd with automatic promotion to Champioship where of course I am predicted to finish 24th with an everage squad age of 20!

On tactics, I still haven't changed a thing. The computer hasn't worked it out at all, so the continued switching of LM and CM together with a squad of TM's swapping is still working a treat.

It will be interesting to see if I need to change anything for a higher level. Hopefully not.

This tactic is simply amazing.

1st season with Cisco Roma (Serie C2/B) - 1st place, promoted to C1/B

2nd season - 10th place in Serie C1/B

3rd season - 2nd place in Serie C1/B, won playoffs and promoted to Serie B

4th season - 1st place in Serie B, promoted to Serie A

You still gotta bring in good players though.

Guest Paolomio

Used this tactic with Celtic without signing anyone 1st season. Tweaked a little – shorter passing, bit more attacking in the SPL and a higher defensive line. Worked absolute wonders with a league and Scottish cup double and final of the CL, losing to Valencia in the final 3-1 in a game which was much, much closer than the scoreline suggests. Lost a couple of games against smaller teams away from home after Kenny Miller and Tommy Gravesen disrupted morale a bit, but all in all a dynamite tactic. Hesselink was 3rd in CL player of the season and him and Balde made the CL team of the year. Looking forward to bringing in some players to bolster the team and romp the big cup next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

prince_capri has got it spot on there,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew!

Glad I have learnt a bit about football while scrouging these forums! Thnks Fuss.

I may be stupid, but I don't know how to download tactics icon_frown.gif

This tactic sounds pretty promising so I wanna give it a try but could someone explain how to download tactics?

I put the tactic in the map Program Files->Sports Interactive-> Football Manager 2007-> Data-> Tactics.

Isn't that right? icon_confused.gif

Slightly tweaked the tactic in version 4, I'm Arsenal and I've upped the tempo and brought the passing style right down to short.

4-1-3-2 is the formation.

I've played 9 games including pre-season friendlies.

Won all 9, scored 43 and conceded 1.

Archived