MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi FuSS

Maybe you've answered this before, but I've scanned the thread and can't stop it.

What training do you use? As my strikers (Rooney / Smith / Baptista - with Smith as Target Man) can't score at all, defense no problem, I'm getting chances but most shots are off target, so I guess its my training schedules

Thanks

Hi

First of all thanks for some great tactics!

Right now I'm playing with pompey and things aren't going quite how I would like them to.

Last year I finished 3rd in the Premiership but now I'm struggling at the 6 or 7 place. The first year I played with the ver. 2. and became 4 in the premiership. The next year I tried a mixture of the ver. 2. and ver. 3 and became number 3. I decided to try out the version 3 but I'm having some difficulties.

My team is:

GK: Ustari

DL: Poconogli

DR: Abenzoar

DC: Araujo

DC: Pique

ML: Marcelo

MC (def): Cattermole/Sivok

MC (att): Mikel / Gary O'Neill / Modric

MR: Silva

FC: Higuain / Sturridge

FC (target man): Eddie Johnson

Is the problem that Eddie Johnson isn't the proper target man? He finished players player of the year two years in a row and plays very well, or should i play wider or faster? Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gallo123:

Hi FuSS

Maybe you've answered this before, but I've scanned the thread and can't stop it.

What training do you use? As my strikers (Rooney / Smith / Baptista - with Smith as Target Man) can't score at all, defense no problem, I'm getting chances but most shots are off target, so I guess its my training schedules

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have a much classy team than that and find them to be quite clinical, with default training. Perhaps its a morale issue? confidence is always a big thing for real life strikers (ie Drogba)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jules H.:

Hi

First of all thanks for some great tactics!

Right now I'm playing with pompey and things aren't going quite how I would like them to.

Last year I finished 3rd in the Premiership but now I'm struggling at the 6 or 7 place. The first year I played with the ver. 2. and became 4 in the premiership. The next year I tried a mixture of the ver. 2. and ver. 3 and became number 3. I decided to try out the version 3 but I'm having some difficulties.

My team is:

GK: Ustari

DL: Poconogli

DR: Abenzoar

DC: Araujo

DC: Pique

ML: Marcelo

MC (def): Cattermole/Sivok

MC (att): Mikel / Gary O'Neill / Modric

MR: Silva

FC: Higuain / Sturridge

FC (target man): Eddie Johnson

Is the problem that Eddie Johnson isn't the proper target man? He finished players player of the year two years in a row and plays very well, or should i play wider or faster? Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im also playing as Pompey with EJ upfront. I have a mirror version of v3 so that I can easily put EJ onto the oppositions weakest jumper. Also the tactic as default seems to have gk distribution as long kick to the fast striker, I changed this to target striker which seems more effective for me as in most matches EJ is so dominant in the air.

Also try watching the first few minutes of a match...it should be quicky apparent if the opposition is closing down quickly and causing you to lose possesion, if so then try going to a more direct passing and slightly higher tempo (likewise if a team is playing very direct in can be better to lower your closing down so that your team keeps its shape and can get more interceptions)

V4 should be relased by Tuesday (no promises as always).

I'm now back home, so have alot more time on my hands. I've already done the write-up and readied the notes, it's just a matter of testing it until I'm happy.

FuSS has kindly asked me to test out v4.

I am delighted to say that so far it is bloody brilliant.

The "little tweek" he mentioned is great.

The set peices have your central defenders scoring.

Just recorded my highest ever score of 12-0 with Newcastle against mighty "Worms" which is not much too brag about.

Tamworth (in League 2) have also pulled off a 3-1 victory agains Championship side Colchester.

As FuSS stated, it appears to be a refinement of v3, but so far it works.

I'll give an update when I hit serious league opposition. Newcastles opening game is Home vs Man Utd followed by Chelsea Away. If I have 6 points after that then I know this is a winning tactic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

FuSS has kindly asked me to test out v4.

I am delighted to say that so far it is bloody brilliant.

The "little tweek" he mentioned is great.

The set peices have your central defenders scoring.

Just recorded my highest ever score of 12-0 with Newcastle against mighty "Worms" which is not much too brag about.

Tamworth (in League 2) have also pulled off a 3-1 victory agains Championship side Colchester.

As FuSS stated, it appears to be a refinement of v3, but so far it works.

I'll give an update when I hit serious league opposition. Newcastles opening game is Home vs Man Utd followed by Chelsea Away. If I have 6 points after that then I know this is a winning tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So no more impossible angle Mido flicks from every corner... noooooooo

They make me laugh every time.

I still havnt upgraded patched the game due to some bad things ive read about contracts and the like, and because im enjoying success with V3. I hate things that ruin my success. Still i'll be sure to check out V4 and incorp and changes I like. Looking forward to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

PLEASE POST IT SOON... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't use text speech and don't post in caps both are against the rules.

Plus stop pestering, he will upload it when he is good and ready, stop hassling him and make your own tactic if you are that impatient. Its people like you, who make people not want to share their work as its more trouble that its worth. A little appreciation to the people who actually do share their tactics wouldn't go a miss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

i did appreciate the guy ok. y is posting in caps not allowed?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither is text speech so stop using 'y' instead of 'why' and 'plss' instead of 'please'.

Just read the forum rules

That's a nice mess ^ lol

I'm just doing the final testing today alongside Lambs, just gotta discuss a final idea with him and we're good to release.

Thanks for your intrest...Tuesday is only just beginning btw..

Originally posted by Grisales:

So no more impossible angle Mido flicks from every corner... noooooooo

They make me laugh every time.

No they are still there, target man is still the... well... erm target from courners.

I was talking about defenders scoring from rebounds off wide free kicks, but they have dried up now, so it might have just been a freindly thing.

Shot of the beginning of my first season with WestHam. As you can see we had a very hard start to the season with some difficult opponents.

Most of the conceeds are from set-peices, not open play, which is something I'm going to look at, over all I'm very happy so far.

resultssofar.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Shot of the beginning of my first season with WestHam. As you can see we had a very hard start to the season with some difficult opponents.

Most of the conceeds are from set-peices, not open play, which is something I'm going to look at, over all I'm very happy so far.

resultssofar.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what version do you use for these results?

Unless u mean game version, in which case 7.0.1

And you gotta remmember I spend quite alot of time tweaking this tactic to my own team, so the version I used is more personalised and not quite the same as the released ones....although there's no reason that you can't tweak the tactict to your own team also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Unless u mean game version, in which case 7.0.1

And you gotta remmember I spend quite alot of time tweaking this tactic to my own team, so the version I used is more personalised and not quite the same as the released ones....although there's no reason that you can't tweak the tactict to your own team also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that is the case can we please download it now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dimastiy:

1st season is nothing, test it at 2nd and 3rd season

i've downloaded about 15 tactics and they look like pretty good in first season, but in another season they sucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen friend!! The AI will adapt to every tactic after a while. The clue is to handle some "minor changes every season" icon_wink.gif

Dimastiy - er it's called re-ranking mate and has been discussed in detail in atleast 5 big threads...as always read before u post.

Quintano - icon14.gif

devils_haven: u'll have to translate that first one for me?! And lol go read all the tactical threads including the tactical bible and the rest of this thread.

Very few people will have success with a tactic off the bat in 07, because its far more realistic than 06. You have to adpat it to your team...this includes things like giving more creative freedom to players that are good at that sort of thing, more forward runs to extremly fast players, and if you have a speedy defence more clsoing down. The list goes on and on and on....go read...go learn...then come back n play the game..its vry rewarding.

TARGET MAN:

Important stats (arguable)-

Tall (6'0"+)

Heading

Jumping

Strength

Work Rate

First Touch

Determination

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A qoute from the first page. I'm playing my first season of FM07 so I haven't played a lot already so it could have been changed but...

In FM06 it didn't matter how tall a player was. A 160 cm player (like mokoena) could easily outjump a 200cm player with less jumping/heading ability... They have changed this or were you just assuming a player have to be tall?

Another thing, if you play with a target man but don't select one (I accidently didn't so far) which one is chosen. Is it just random each game, or just one of the two strikers or...??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vinneyboy:

fuss take your time and release your tatic when your'e ready, a lot of us here really appericate all your hard work so keep up the good work and don't let the people who have no patience put you off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> +1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vinneyboy:

fuss take your time and release your tatic when your'e ready, a lot of us here really appericate all your hard work so keep up the good work and don't let the people who have no patience put you off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

PulpVictim - I'm not sure what happens if no target man is in the box...I do remind people to put a target man in the box every page it seems.

Also your correct about the jumping, a 4ft player with 20 jumping can apprently jump as high as a 6ft player with 20 jumping...however a tall player can win arieal balls and flick-ons without the need to jump...think Peter Crouch he can't jump to save his life, but lucky for him he's 6'7".

devils_haven - Stop Spamming.

vinneyboy, A.L, Grafton83 - Cheers.

fuss my friend now enough of waiting. release it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear.... such a shame... don't be so inpatient young man!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mambo5:

fuss my friend now enough of waiting. release it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear.... such a shame... don't be so inpatient young man! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know lol icon_biggrin.gif

it will be released when it is ready can't you people get it in your thick heads

Archived