MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nedved10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone tried this tactis with Gunners?

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did and it worked very nice. Altough Henry was injured for most of the season (I really hate this injures icon_mad.gif) he was the top striker of the leauge bagging 23 goals in 23 app. Overall he scored 32 goals in 32 app. so you can see he was injured a lot.

I was playing Baptista on target man role and he was very good in that position and in January I brought in Alan Smith for that role and he did fantastic scoring and assaisting a lot. But as Henry he also had a lot of injures (3 weeks twice and once a month long and they all came in matches). He was fouled 51 times in 13 matches so you can see he was on the receiving end of tackles alot.

Overall this tactic works great with Arsenal and you can try it out. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Nedved10.

What are your experiences with the midfield?

RVP and Hleb as wingers, or?

What about the two central midfielders? (who to play)

Are you using the v.2 of this tactic or what do you prefer?

Not having much success with this as West Ham so far. League results:

A Newcastle 0-2 Lost

H Blackburn 1-1 Drew

H Portsmouth 0-1 Lost

H Sheffield 1-0 Won

A Aston Villa 0-1 Lost

H Everton 0-1 Lost

A Fulham 1-1 Drew

And yet, in the champions league I'm top of the group, playing well both home and away, recording comfortable wins against Sporting, Lyon, and Rapid.

Team is usually as follows, with Ashton as my target man.

GK Green

RB Pantsil

LB Konchesky

CB Spector

CB Ferdinand

MR Benayoun

ML Etherington

MC Reo-Coker

MC Mascherano / Forestieri

FC Ashton

FC D Sturridge / Harewood

I just don't seem to be able to score. Ashtons form in particular has been horrible, only the 1 goal in 7 league games, and an average rating of 6.4, but he has been scoring for England so it seems as though he has a problem with my tactics. Sturridge has looked excelent in the champions league, scoring 5 goals in 4 games, but seems unable to reproduce this in the league.

Where could I be going wrong ?

This tactic is brilliant. Just won the EPL in my first season at Arsenal and got to Champions Cup final but lost to Chelsea.

But there are two problems:

(a) I am conceding alot of goals but scoring alot. This is a problem bcos some teams score against me and then just defend and i cant break them down.

Is there anything I can do to stop conceding so many goals?

(b) 2nd problem is that my target man Baptista has just joined Valencia and now i need a good target man but dont have much money.

Anyone recommend me a good target man at a reasonable price please?

Guest nummer7

First of all GREAT TACTIC a lots of thumbs up.... I just can not say how much it help me out, after i change to this tactic i am unbeat in 17 games w icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifhit my MAN UTD team.. keep up the absolut great job and i will be back whit more respons when finish season.... icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonStilling:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nedved10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone tried this tactis with Gunners?

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did and it worked very nice. Altough Henry was injured for most of the season (I really hate this injures icon_mad.gif) he was the top striker of the leauge bagging 23 goals in 23 app. Overall he scored 32 goals in 32 app. so you can see he was injured a lot.

I was playing Baptista on target man role and he was very good in that position and in January I brought in Alan Smith for that role and he did fantastic scoring and assaisting a lot. But as Henry he also had a lot of injures (3 weeks twice and once a month long and they all came in matches). He was fouled 51 times in 13 matches so you can see he was on the receiving end of tackles alot.

Overall this tactic works great with Arsenal and you can try it out. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Nedved10.

What are your experiences with the midfield?

RVP and Hleb as wingers, or?

What about the two central midfielders? (who to play)

Are you using the v.2 of this tactic or what do you prefer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in midfield I usually have Rosicky(ML)-G.Silva(MLC)-Fabregas(MRC)-Hlev(MR) and they very good. V.Persie is more of a back-up striker-midfielder when injures strikes.

I also like to play Flamini alot so i usually rotate Silva and Flamini as they both play great. Fabregas on the other hand is untochable in my team.

I forgot to say that Wallcot is excellent as a substitute. I mean every time he comes on the pitch as a substitute he scores. He bagged 18 goals in my first season coming on for Hleb and Henry.

And now in the second season I got back Reyes form loan and he played in the team superbly scoring 4 goals in 4 matches and assisting on 4 occasions.

I use both versions of the tactic but i prefer V1 with minor tweaks cause I can't get any real succes with V2 altough when i changed to V2 it worked great in the start but then i started to lose games rapidly with every team outplaying me all over the pitch.

Hi, first off I like the tactic. In my first season I used a 4-1-2-1-2 system, which worked quite well, I won the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and finnished 3rd in the Premiership. My main problem was consistancy, I knocked up 2 runs of 10 games unbeaten, but the rest were either v.close 1-0's or usually 2-2 draws.

After changing to your tactic for my 2nd season (did it in preseason to get players used to it!) my following results are as follows :-

Community Shield - 2-2 vs Chelsea (I win on penalties).

Man City 1 - 8 Man Utd

Wigan 1 - 1 Man Utd

Sevilla 2 - 1 Man Utd

Man Utd 2 - 0 Porto

Man Utd 2 - 1 West Ham

Blackburn 0 - 5 Man Utd

Man Utd 2 - 0 Basle

Now the players are settled in, we seem unstoppable. I actually use Rooney as a target man, but with balls played infront of player and sometimes too feet. I drop Owen off just behind Rooney with an arrow to run forward.

This dominates at the moment, because if Rooney can't get a shot on, he passes accross to Owen who rips through most defences!

The only defence **** ups are from my Goal Keeper at the moment! But my main one is injured so its to be expected icon_frown.gif.

Thanks for the effort you've put in!

I see all of you are playing with world class teams like Chelsea or Man Utd but this tactic doesn't seem to do so well with mid to low skilled teams. The opponents have lots of chances to score and you get to be relying on your GK abilities most of the times while you rarely have a chance or two to score. I don't know why those spaces since your full backs are also set to defend...

Some issue I've seen is that the target man is not upwards enough. I mean you get to see a counter attack of your team from some recovered ball in corner and your target man was also in your penalty area defending so there are no options for a long pass into their area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James9:

Nedved what changes do you make to V1 to make it work because i am about to give this tactic i try with Arsenal what training do you use i have heard of matts training and one other but cannot remember the name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i make changes due to players on the positions. For example if I play Henry and RVP in attack I put Henry on the right side striker(target man) with ball destibution To feet or run onto ball. And I gave my fullbacks a bit higher mentality and creativity freedom. In midfield i gave Fabregas direct passing with normal closing down etc. I just checked attributes of my players and made some changes according to their stature.

But with this being such a nice tactic for most teams you can just leave everything as it is and you will still have success but I you want to dominate and dominate bad you can make some minor adjustments and you will see your guys fly all over the pitch.

For training I just made one of my one for fullbacks, defenders, midfielders, wingers and strikers as usually. It's not anything extra but it keeps my players fit and happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

I see all of you are playing with world class teams like Chelsea or Man Utd but this tactic doesn't seem to do so well with mid to low skilled teams. The opponents have lots of chances to score and you get to be relying on your GK abilities most of the times while you rarely have a chance or two to score. I don't know why those spaces since your full backs are also set to defend... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i have to disagree with you here. I was first testing this tactic with my home town side CMC Publikum (real life currently very crappy in Slovenian 1st league). And I won league and the leauge cup in the first season. In the second season i even got to Championship League through 3 teams (first some crappy side second NK Hajduk and third Benfica). In the CL group stage I went on to be third in the gropu behind Barcelona, Chelsea and infront of Anderlecht wich i beat on both occasions) I went on to UEFA where I lost in the UEFA QF after being beaten by Tottenham away 2:0 (first game went in my favor 3:1. So this tactic is for me solid gold and all you gotta do is set your players accordingly and make some minor tweaks according to your player staff.

Really is a cracking Tactic, Took over Charlton after guiding Nottm Forest up but lost the 4 out of the first 5 games so came on here and tried this Tactic and its worked wonders!!

I went from having the following results,

Villa 1-2 Away

Sheff Utd 1-1 Home

Portsmouth 1-2 Away

Blackburn 1-4 Home

Ipswich 1-2 Away

To having these results!!

Newcastle 2-0 Home, League Cup

Everton 1-1 Home

Fulham 1-0 Away

Arsenal 2-1 Home

Really does work wonders with little tweaks.

Superp! Thankyou!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

I see all of you are playing with world class teams like Chelsea or Man Utd but this tactic doesn't seem to do so well with mid to low skilled teams. The opponents have lots of chances to score and you get to be relying on your GK abilities most of the times while you rarely have a chance or two to score. I don't know why those spaces since your full backs are also set to defend...

Some issue I've seen is that the target man is not upwards enough. I mean you get to see a counter attack of your team from some recovered ball in corner and your target man was also in your penalty area defending so there are no options for a long pass into their area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so. I got from the Conference South to the top of League 2 with Farnborough using this tactic.

Dalv I've noticed that its usually whoever I play on the wings that get injured. I have Shaun-Wright-Philips who's now out for 2 months with a broken ankle. I moved Richardson from centre to cover him, he gets injured for a month. Ronaldo is now out for 2 weeks. I haven't tried it yet but I notice the wingers end up with a lower condition % than most the team after/during matches, so perhaps shorten the arrows?

I have also noticed I'm getting a load of yellow cards!

Dalv - people like you really get my goat, please leave this thread.

Firstly, This thread has been one of the very few threads that has been completely civil, people have contributed and nobody has moaned or complained until you arrived.

Secondly, I use my spare time to contribute to these forums and contribute this tactic, which has at least double the download count of any other tactic and currently the one of the most active threas.

Thirdly, If you actually read the thread around 70% of the posters are using lower division teams or using lower/mid tables teams like wigan and west ham....so far all of about 5 people r using high end teams (thats there choice not mine). So get ur facts straight before you bitch about a fault that dosn't exist.

Finally, tactics have almost no bearing on injuries. Cards/Training/Injuries are 3 areas of major complint at the moment in FM07, just goto the Bugs bored to see what i mean, and it's likely they'll be addressed in the coming patch. I cant be blamed for the rush job done on 07.

I expect an apology for you hi-jacking a perfectly civil thread with your nonsense, it's because of the likes of this that the forum has very few contributors now.

------------------

Appoligse to everybody else, keep up the feedback, I've picked up afew good things to make V3 changes, looking forward to it.

And thanks for the positive comments!

Excuse me cause I came up with some criticism over your tactics. Didn't you expect that to happen too? And it was constructive criticism not hijacking.

I will not give any apologies since your superior ego is a dislike for me.

FuSS. I don't mean to sound nasty or un-civil as I think your work on this tactic is very good and allround it does work well.

However. Hard Tackling DOES increase your cards and cautions, now I am still using v1 so I don't know if its changed since, a lot of my players were on hard tackling!! Sorry to sound rude but come on icon_smile.gif.

I'm not entirely sure but if you play the game with a fastish tempo, wouldn't this mean your players' condition decreases at a quicker rate hence picking up more injuries? As I said I'm not to sure and I'm not digging at you. Just speaking my mind..

Tired players DO injure easier than players with better condition. The tempo of a game and the amount of closing down plus the amount of ground they cover does have an effect on how tired the player is, so logically the tactic can effect injuries. Hard tackling and high closing down does tend to increase the number of cards as well, you only have too look IRL where DMs tend to have high card counts come the end oif the season and they tend to be players who close down fast and tackle hard. Its common sense, the more you close down the more you will tackle, the more tackles you make the more fouls you make and the harder the tackles which are fouls are then the more likely you are to be booked. Also its pretty much universally accepted that training has a big bearin gon players condition and as already stated players with poor condition injure easier.

None of thats a criticism of your tactic but they are valid points

I had a very encouraging start for my first Premiership season with Nottingham Forest, however now I'm suffering from a very bad spell icon_frown.gif

My material is quite weak for Premiership, but my latest loss came against a Championship side at home in the Carling Cup icon_frown.gif

I have scored quite a lot, but the problem is that I've conceded most in the league.

Could it be that the AI has "cracked" it already? icon_eek.gif

Some issue I've seen is that the target man is not upwards enough. I mean you get to see a counter attack of your team from some recovered ball in corner and your target man was also in your penalty area defending so there are no options for a long pass into their area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently Grimsby played 4 won 2 drew 2 and looking really good, and there a "low" team.

FuSs - i find in lower league teams for "crappy" players turn off run with the ball, but thats about it really. Other than that its good were dominating but not scoring.

There is no doubt that this tactic will rock SI! Currently using V1 with Everton, and the results are amazing. After a few draws against Liverpool, United and Arsenal, my squad went into a 7 game winning streak...

My game is much more consistent, players making intelligent passes and stays out of troubles :-)

Only problem so far has been my keeper's katastrophical errors, trying to make impossible passes and leaving him alone with strikers. Tried to lower down his "closing down" but it look likes he needs more support from defenders. but that's all....

keep up the good work

greating from

Mesterton, Denmark

Well it would seem that I must give this little tactic a go.

I've just finished season 2009/2010 and yet again I've finished just outside the conference playoffs with St Albans (I dunno why I chose them either)

Hopefully this will stop the 99.9999% of games that I lose by the odd goal with the opposition only have 1 shot !!!!

I'll keep you posted, cheers

Fuss. This is a great tactic.

I used it from mid season in did see an improvement in form but due to injuries and suspensions my form dipped however i did win the ufea cup.

Now onto the next season and with a bigger squad and new signings we are top of the league after 5 games. Won all of them without conceding.

I have put back arrows on the full backs. and shortened the arrows on the forwards and it works superb for me.

Thanks for the tactic. I wouldn't have managed this without you.

P.s I dedicated the clubs Uefa victory to you in my post match press conference. icon_biggrin.gif

Tempo and closing down are fairly low - so tactic infact causes less injuries thn most.

Hard tackling was removed in V2....honestly read the thread, and you'll find all the info.

For those few not having success:

Read the the thead, 07 is not like 06, tactics dont just work anymore, u need to read the tips section and make minor changes before everygame so the AI dosnt just crak your tactic.

---------------------

Now testing my first edition of V3, and it's goign very well right off the bat - First 2 matches:

West Ham 2 - Man Utd 0

West Ham 3 - Chelsea 0

I'll keep you posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Read the the thead, 07 is not like 06, tactics dont just work anymore, u need to read the tips section and make minor changes before everygame so the AI dosnt just crak your tactic

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so say i start with this tactic, but then change it to a completley different one, would it still work for me or against me.

I started using the v2 tactic halfway through my second season with Hibs.

I finished 2nd, and won the Scottish Cup.

This season, I'm top of the SPL, having only lost 1 game and only conceded 4 goals in 14 matches, and have just pumped Rangers 5-0 in the League cup quarters!!

Cheers Fuss!!!

Simoriax - Intresting, you probably just so happen to have strikers that worked better with the original striker settings (or your teams uses switching wingers well?), but hey which ever works for you icon_smile.gif

stan1978 - I'm not suggesting completely changing it, i'm suggesting that once you start a match the AI will field a tactic set-up to counteract yours...so make some small adjustments just before you kick off (when u do the team talk) and this should help to fool the AI as they won't have been expecting the changes

I change from fcusing down flanks to mixed, or a particular fkanl and then wap it to the opposit flank at half time....or change the target man to recieve the ball differently....little things like that keep the AI on its toes.

JohnHibs73 - glad to hear it, even im conceeding more than that :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

stan1978 - I'm not suggesting completely changing it, i'm suggesting that once you start a match the AI will field a tactic set-up to counteract yours...so make some small adjustments just before you kick off (when u do the team talk) and this should help to fool the AI as they won't have been expecting the changes

I change from fcusing down flanks to mixed, or a particular fkanl and then wap it to the opposit flank at half time....or change the target man to recieve the ball differently....little things like that keep the AI on its toes.

:p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i know what you mean by that, but say i,m playing a superior team and i need to stifle out there main threat, and i want pack my midfield and play just 1 upfront,so i play a defensive midfielder to man mark someone, would it still be ok.

CAN i just say this is an awesome tactic, won the quadruple with spurs in my test season, i was leading the league with crystal palace before ai cracked this tactic, i will start a new game with palace, i have noticed that tweaks during game are vital, moving around the players arrows till and positions slitly till u take advantage in game, ex, changing arrows on wingers from long to short to none, move wingers into aml and amr positions, moving central midfield into dm with arrows going into midfield, etc. I had berbatov who plays amazingly well, and defoe or kone on the left side,. i must remind all to make sure u select ure target men, as when i have forgoT(replacing berbatov due to injury or fatigue< the tactic doesent play aswell,

question? when selecting ure target men, do u include all ure strikers, or just the 1 u wish to be the main source, i have just changed the 1 every game and it works very well, or would u list all ure strikers u have in the order u feel best suited, the set pieces defense is solid, i think i have conceded just the 1 goal from a sp. the goals i do concede generally come from wide areas, 3-3 against arsenal away.

kuqui is amazing in the target man role, originally put up on trasfer list, but he was making 40 headers a game, and was top goal scorer for me, with central midfield, if u have good passers of the ball, and are away, i tend to put them on direct-long passsing, against the biggers clubs and with the style of play, ure chances are limited, with the directness of passing, this becomes a great counter attacking football, if players are on mixed they tend to want to pass the ball more looking for openings, with the directness the wingers come into play alot more, lennon is great on this tactic,and van persy is a great left winger, for u arsenal managers,games i struggled in were against middlesbrough, lost 1-0 away and drew o-0 at home. berbatov could not get into the game, as they had huth and tony gardner, 6ft3 and 6ft4 respectivally. if at home not scoring , try widening the play, this is where van persy and lennon start to shine, if away and struggling, shorten width rite down, take wingers off forward runs, have ure 2 central midfielders running up and playing direct football, this seems to work well, the basic tactic is awesome, it usually only takes about 10 min of game to see if the tactic is working, if after this point it aint, tinker, drop ure fast striker, drop ure central midfiel and push up ure wingers, tinker about with it , until ure equal with opps, watch how the opps are playing, if they are playing with wingers and using the wingers, go to opposition on the tactic menue, and have hard tackling on the wingers, have to close down often have markin tite, u can see rite away if this will work, opps will usually change formation just to have u take off the cd and marking u just put on,. i notice pace is vital to make this tactic work, left striker )dribbling)etc, the wingers, my central midfield were both solid players, mikel and(cant think of name , french central midfielder, they both havent scored or assisted as much as they could, this is def where i think they tactic can be improved, with the directness of passing i sometimes implent, either cm will pass straight to winger or to left striker,

i would like to see how others have tinkered for home situations and away situations, at home this is phenomenal, away from home the games are alot titer, thus not having as many chances, the possesion is usually always lower than opps, but its points that count, other tactics u will be alot prettier football, but this is hardcore, similar to way tottenham play now imo, well this is my perception of the tactic, if u like i try and post images(if i figure out how ) cheers fuss, the 1st consistant and great tactic for me, TOP MAN

I noticed in your v1 tactics that both forwards have slightly different settings, one has closing down set at often and the other has closing down set at slightly less than mixed. Which configuration forward should the target man be? Or does it not make a difference?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDEEFF:

CAN i just say this is an awesome tactic, won the quadruple with spurs in my test season, i was leading the league with crystal palace before ai cracked this tactic, i will start a new game with palace, i have noticed that tweaks during game are vital, moving around the players arrows till and positions slitly till u take advantage in game, ex, changing arrows on wingers from long to short to none, move wingers into aml and amr positions, moving central midfield into dm with arrows going into midfield, etc. I had berbatov who plays amazingly well, and defoe or kone on the left side,. i must remind all to make sure u select ure target men, as when i have forgoT(replacing berbatov due to injury or fatigue< the tactic doesent play aswell,

question? when selecting ure target men, do u include all ure strikers, or just the 1 u wish to be the main source, i have just changed the 1 every game and it works very well, or would u list all ure strikers u have in the order u feel best suited, the set pieces defense is solid, i think i have conceded just the 1 goal from a sp. the goals i do concede generally come from wide areas, 3-3 against arsenal away.

kuqui is amazing in the target man role, originally put up on trasfer list, but he was making 40 headers a game, and was top goal scorer for me, with central midfield, if u have good passers of the ball, and are away, i tend to put them on direct-long passsing, against the biggers clubs and with the style of play, ure chances are limited, with the directness of passing, this becomes a great counter attacking football, if players are on mixed they tend to want to pass the ball more looking for openings, with the directness the wingers come into play alot more, lennon is great on this tactic,and van persy is a great left winger, for u arsenal managers,games i struggled in were against middlesbrough, lost 1-0 away and drew o-0 at home. berbatov could not get into the game, as they had huth and tony gardner, 6ft3 and 6ft4 respectivally. if at home not scoring , try widening the play, this is where van persy and lennon start to shine, if away and struggling, shorten width rite down, take wingers off forward runs, have ure 2 central midfielders running up and playing direct football, this seems to work well, the basic tactic is awesome, it usually only takes about 10 min of game to see if the tactic is working, if after this point it aint, tinker, drop ure fast striker, drop ure central midfiel and push up ure wingers, tinker about with it , until ure equal with opps, watch how the opps are playing, if they are playing with wingers and using the wingers, go to opposition on the tactic menue, and have hard tackling on the wingers, have to close down often have markin tite, u can see rite away if this will work, opps will usually change formation just to have u take off the cd and marking u just put on,. i notice pace is vital to make this tactic work, left striker )dribbling)etc, the wingers, my central midfield were both solid players, mikel and(cant think of name , french central midfielder, they both havent scored or assisted as much as they could, this is def where i think they tactic can be improved, with the directness of passing i sometimes implent, either cm will pass straight to winger or to left striker,

i would like to see how others have tinkered for home situations and away situations, at home this is phenomenal, away from home the games are alot titer, thus not having as many chances, the possesion is usually always lower than opps, but its points that count, other tactics u will be alot prettier football, but this is hardcore, similar to way tottenham play now imo, well this is my perception of the tactic, if u like i try and post images(if i figure out how ) cheers fuss, the 1st consistant and great tactic for me, TOP MAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats one hell of a wall of text.

I'm with West Ham. I started really badly to the season, picked up a lot on injuries.

I tried this and totally dominated Rapid in the UEFA Cup.

I'm going to try it in the next few games, nothing else seems to be working so why not this!?

I'm going with Ashton and Tevez upfront?

I'll report back!

Archived