Sports Interactive Community
jamiescfc09

football manager music for inspiration

I'm looking for some music to inspire me but apart from the obvious e.g

Queen - We will rock you and We are the champions

is there any other music to inspire you while you play fm11?

Footballs coming home if you are managing England. Unless you're losing and are going to get knocked out in which case it is like you are taunting yourself and you might make yourself really angry.

When playing finals I like to hear the Champions League hymn and Vangelis - Conquest Of Paradise. Also great: Carl Orff - O Fortuna.

currently playing:

Theatres des Vampires - Bloody Lunatic Asylum (the full album)

almost a gothic metal classic by now

think I will give the new Sıla album a listen when done with this one

Dream Theater , Winger , W.A.S.P. , Pain of Salvation , Seventh Wonder , Shadrane , Pathosray , First Signs of Frost , Illusion Suite , Circus Maximus , Wolverine , Sybreed , James LaBrie etc etc

I could go on and on and on and on with this list.. :cool:

John Barnes rap....no, seriously. I know it's not music as such bbut listen to last years FM advert (If) before a big game, I think it's a great poem anyway but with FM lingo in it, it makes it even better.

Gazza's Fog on the Tyne,

Hoddle and Wadldle Diamond Lights

Terry Venables ballads

John Barnes Rap

Any Cole rapping

And any other footballer that tries to make music. Maybe this needs a new thread Songs by Fooballers?

Theme from Local Hero - Dire Straits is it? The one they play at St. James Park anyway. It was also the title music to Ulitmate Soccer Manager I think one year (with a great pic of Shearer getting stretchered off when he did his Cruciates).

EDIT: Its called "Going Home" and its by Mark Knopfler.

Hirax, Sodom, Exodus, Cradle Of Filth, Maiden, Sabbath, Annihilator. They are most of the bands I listen to while playing FM, sometimes I'll dip into a bit of Black metal as well :-)

Dream Theater , Winger , W.A.S.P. , Pain of Salvation , Seventh Wonder , Shadrane , Pathosray , First Signs of Frost , Illusion Suite , Circus Maximus , Wolverine , Sybreed , James LaBrie etc etc

I could go on and on and on and on with this list.. :cool:

Hirax, Sodom, Exodus, Cradle Of Filth, Maiden, Sabbath, Annihilator. They are most of the bands I listen to while playing FM, sometimes I'll dip into a bit of Black metal as well :-)

I strongly approve of these lists. My personal suggestion would be Turisas - Battle Metal