*** Squad Analyzer for FM2011 ***

*** Squad Analyzer for FM2011-FM2012 version 2.2 is released! ***

Now you can retrieve players attributes using in-game features Print To HTML File!

You can download it here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21515450/FMsquadV22.zip

(A tutorial also included, see on TUTORIAL subfolder)

Previous Release

Here is the screenshot:

swronaldopuyol.png

Any questions or problems regarding this tool you can post it on this thread.

Squad Analyzer for FM2011 finally released! Completely re-worked and re-designed!

This tool helps you to analyze your player's abilities, by calculating his attributes rating to fill a positional role such as Limited Defender, Anchor Man, Poacher, etc.

You can create your own group of player attributes, for example: Hardworker, which consists of Workrate and Determination, and this tool will help you calculate to find out which one is the best Hardworker based on those two attributes.

Also a new feature is added on this version: Squad Wizard, to help you pick up your best starting eleven based on their abilities and fit with your individual instructions within your tactic.

Some screenshots

List of players sorted by his skill rating:

playerrating1.jpg

Detail player attributes and his player role's rating:

playerrating2.jpg

The new feature, Squad Wizard:

squadwizard3.jpg

Finally, have fun!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I'm glad this tool can help.

As I have said on another thread, this tool is helpful if you manage a completely unknown club, from lower league, and from not-so-popular-football country. You will quickly find out which are the good players, on what positions should they play, and what instruction they can perform.

hey mate, the link is broken! can u reuplad in another site (mediaFfire, hotspace etc etc)? tanks

I'm aware that the website has a problem with downloading the file, so I've already provided the alternate link on Filefront. See on the download page.

Looks terrific mate. Can I ask, in other utilities like this, central defenders are always given a 'limited' role simply because it has fewer key attributes. Conversely, no forward will be given a high Trequarista rating because it has more key attributes than other forwards roles. Have you over come this problem?

Looks terrific mate. Can I ask, in other utilities like this, central defenders are always given a 'limited' role simply because it has fewer key attributes. Conversely, no forward will be given a high Trequarista rating because it has more key attributes than other forwards roles. Have you over come this problem?

I remember you stated this problem on the previous version :D

In this version I come up with weighted value for calculating custom skill, but I forgot to add the weight editor for Player Role. Maybe later I will fix that.

Right now all I want is playing the FM game itself, as I haven't played it for quite a long time because of developing this tool :D

I've downloaded it and followed your instructions to save data with the FMSE app. I selected my club FC United, but it's AC Milan that comes up. What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: Never mind - solved by doing it the CSV way. I thought I'd have to enter all the data by hand, but a few clicks is no problem. Trying it out now.

Had a good go. It's a good work in progress. As expected, due to the lack of weightings, all midfielders are Ball-Winning Midfielders.

I use most of my strikers as deep-lying forwards, but they are all rated very low for that and instead they are all target men or poachers.

Combined Skill - all my players are attacking fullbacks

Squad Wizard - forwards aren't working.

I think it's given me good ideas about the best roles for my Central Defenders, though.

I've downloaded it and followed your instructions to save data with the FMSE app. I selected my club FC United, but it's AC Milan that comes up. What am I doing wrong?

I included a file called PLAYER.XML as a sample, which contains AC Milan players. I think you should set the correct PLAYER.XML location, which by default created on C:\

Had a good go. It's a good work in progress. As expected, due to the lack of weightings, all midfielders are Ball-Winning Midfielders.

I use most of my strikers as deep-lying forwards, but they are all rated very low for that and instead they are all target men or poachers.

Combined Skill - all my players are attacking fullbacks

Squad Wizard - forwards aren't working.

I think it's given me good ideas about the best roles for my Central Defenders, though.

Yes, I had similar problem when I play around with this tool myself. It's because I haven't got the right setup yet for the skill, combined skill, and their attributes weights. Surely need in-depth discussions to tune up this setting to get a better result.

Can't get it to work as can't export any player data, don't know how to create a CSV file without Genie Scout and FMSEXM reports its not supported with my Game Version. Anyone help?

Did you try the "Print to text file" from the instructions he posted on myfm (http://www.myfm.co.cc/sa-tutorial.php) sight? Only took about 5 minutes to do all of my players using this method.

# Using in-game Print to Text File

The slowest method, but also the most reliable, since it always works. Any patches you install won't affect this.

Run the game, go to Detail Player Attributes Screen, press Ctrl-P, use the third option (text file) and choose the folder to save. You have to do this one-by-one for each player you want to analyze (*sigh*).

# Using CSV file generated by Genie Scout

Wow, after digging into this a bit it is so far ahead of last years version. I used to spend hours examining my players and printing out custom attribute sheets so I could average out relevant attributes for each position to set up my team. With this tool I build all views in a matter of 5 minutes and had my squad analyzed in less than 10 minutes. Thanks again for sharing this with the community.

I have had two issues using the tool.

1. I used the "print to text" option to get my player exports. For some reason the tool doesn't recognize the ST position for players that only have striker as their only position listed. His position box will be empty in all screens. IE if a player has MFR, AMC, Striker as his positions then in the lists under position you will see something like

"Joe Footballer MFR, AMC, ST"

if striker is his only position you only see

"Joe Footballer"

This is a big issue with the squad wizard as the game will not select any of these "strikers only" to start. The tool also does not find any strikers if I sort by position with only "attacker" selected.

I did open the exported player text file and all my strikers are listed with position ie "Striker - Crystal Palace"

2. I don't seem to be able to build and save a GK "player skill". It lets me build the skill set using the GK skills ( I add 12 attributes) but when I save it only has one attribute saved which for whatever reason is "5. jumping". All other fields are blank. If I try to edit the GK it comes up with the outfielder attributes menu instead of the GK attributes.

Not complaining just thought you would want to know.

With this tool I build all views in a matter of 5 minutes and had my squad analyzed in less than 10 minutes.

This is my main objective of creating this tool, to save your time from messing around with player attributes.

I have had two issues using the tool.

1. I used the "print to text" option to get my player exports. For some reason the tool doesn't recognize the ST position for players that only have striker as their only position listed.

2. I don't seem to be able to build and save a GK "player skill".

Thanks for the info. I will work on these problems and release a patch soon.

For the moment, there's a way to overcome problem no. 1. On Import Player Data Screen, after clicking Preview button, the tool shows a new window that show the list of players that will be imported. You CAN EDIT the data on this window! Just scroll to the right, find column named ST, and replace the value F(=False) with T(=True).

Not complaining just thought you would want to know.

Actually, I appreciate your effort for reporting this. This will help me to make the tool becomes better and better.

I was afraid people after downloaded and found out some problems like this, they just said this tool is sucks and didn't bother to give me any constructive feedback.

Can't get it to work as can't export any player data, don't know how to create a CSV file without Genie Scout and FMSEXM reports its not supported with my Game Version. Anyone help?
Did you try the "Print to text file" from the instructions he posted on myfm (http://www.myfm.co.cc/sa-tutorial.php) sight? Only took about 5 minutes to do all of my players using this method.

I seem to have the same problems as mufcchampmanfan and even tried the print to text file option too but none seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks for the info. I will work on these problems and release a patch soon.

The patch is released! Check on www.myfm.co.cc on the download page.

Revision:

* Fix Player Data Import Menu which can't recognize player position Striker only (thanks Sweed!).

* Fix Player Skill Menu bug when creating a GK skill (thanks again Sweed!).

* Player Skill Menu, now built-in Player Role such as Limited Defender, Anchor Man, Poacher, etc. are shown on Skill table, so you can edit the attribute's weight (thanks phnompenhandy!).

* Player Rating Menu, added a feature to choose which skill you want to use to sort the player list.

* Player Rating Menu, fix the skill column width, it becomes smaller, so you can view more data.

I seem to have the same problems as mufcchampmanfan and even tried the print to text file option too but none seem to work. Any ideas?

I need more specific information why it didn't work ...

Did you use the correct folder? The folder default is: D:\GAMES\FMSQUADV2\DATA\TEXT\. If you use another folder, make sure you change the folder before hit the Preview button.

Revision:

* Fix Player Data Import Menu which can't recognize player position Striker only (thanks Sweed!).

* Player Skill Menu, now built-in Player Role such as Limited Defender, Anchor Man, Poacher, etc. are shown on Skill table, so you can edit the attribute's weight (thanks phnompenhandy!).

* Player Rating Menu, added a feature to choose which skill you want to use to sort the player list.

* Player Rating Menu, fix the skill column width, it becomes smaller, so you can view more data.

Thanks for the quick fix. Working great now. Glad I could help.

when it will be for 11.2.1?

Sorry, can't answer that, because I depend on someone else (drBernhard) to do the update. You can use Import from Text File method, it should work on any patch version.

I am using D:\GAMES\FMSQUADV2\DATA\TEXT\ but when I go to programme > Import player data > Data > Text there is noting there even though thats where I saved the rich text files.

Hmmm ... still no idea why it didn't work.

Maybe you can try this: just create a simple folder, for example D:\FMTEXT, and copy your RTF files to that folder. Try to import the data from that folder.

Revision:

That's terrific mate. Will i be able to reload the CSV files I saved for version 1, or do I make them again?

Hmmm ... still no idea why it didn't work.

Maybe you can try this: just create a simple folder, for example D:\FMTEXT, and copy your RTF files to that folder. Try to import the data from that folder.

Still the same outcome :(

That's terrific mate. Will i be able to reload the CSV files I saved for version 1, or do I make them again?

I didn't change anything about importing player data, so you can use the old one ... however, I wonder, how do you create the CSV fiiles? AFAIK Genie Scout for FM2011 isn't released yet ...

I didn't change anything about importing player data, so you can use the old one ... however, I wonder, how do you create the CSV fiiles? AFAIK Genie Scout for FM2011 isn't released yet ...

I followed your instruction to Control+P on each player screen. It creates a Word doc. I move them to your data folder.

In your new version, the strikers problem still exists.

First, thank's a lot for this new version. I used FMsquad for FM2010, it's a great tool to analyse your team in a few minutes and very accurate... One thing about this new version, it's there is no way to choose a task and see the ranking of your players for this position like in the 2010 version. For example, if I want to know who are the best players of my squad for Ball winning midfielder(Attack), It's cool to have ranking of my complete squad for this position. (or perhaps I didn't see this option in the new version).

For exporting data from FM2011, I succeed to show all attributes needed by this tool on the same screen in the squad menu. So you can export(print) in a html file. Last action in excel, it's to convert html file in csv file.

Okay, I'm a little bit of an idiot here.

What does he mean by the "Detail Player Attributes Screen"?

He means Player Profile - Attributes screen.

Visit www.myfm.co.cc, tutorial page.

I've updated the tutorial, adding step-by-step and screenshots how to import player from Text File.

First, thank's a lot for this new version. I used FMsquad for FM2010, it's a great tool to analyse your team in a few minutes and very accurate... One thing about this new version, it's there is no way to choose a task and see the ranking of your players for this position like in the 2010 version. For example, if I want to know who are the best players of my squad for Ball winning midfielder(Attack), It's cool to have ranking of my complete squad for this position. (or perhaps I didn't see this option in the new version).

Welcome back, Jim! Somehow I knew you'll be back for this version :D

Yes, I left out that feature, for technical reason. I did a major revision on my source code for this version, and it caused that old feature become incompatible. I'll work on that as soon as I have free time, because my holiday is over :(

could someone explain how to use this tool ? Where do i install it ? Where do those "text files" come from and where do they go ? (do i have to export every player on my team ?) How do i access them from within the tool ?

For some reason this has me beat, can´t get any grasp of how to start using it, at all.

thanks in advance for any help !

could someone explain how to use this tool ? Where do i install it ? Where do those "text files" come from and where do they go ? (do i have to export every player on my team ?) How do i access them from within the tool ?

For some reason this has me beat, can´t get any grasp of how to start using it, at all.

thanks in advance for any help !

Just visit this website: www.myfm.co.cc, there's a tutorial page.

Hi,

Just to let you know, genie scout beta127 for football manager 2011 is now available.

Will you update your squad analyzer to use csv files from genie scout fm2011.

Hi leeds 1970s, thanks for the info.

I've downloaded GS11 and tried it, but the CSV export feature doesn't work properly. Somehow all player attributes are failed to be included in the CSV result.

I don't whether the problem is on my PC (I haven't updated my FM with the newest patch yet) or on the GS11 itself.

However, I think If the CSV file can be generated properly, it's still compatible with the current Squad Analyzer, no update is needed.

The problem with the csv file is the player attributes have failed to be added.

Other people have had the same problem, when trying to use csv file in the squad anaylzer.

This is a bug with-in genie scout 2011, and has been reported to the person that make's genie scout.

Please remember this is the first beta version, not the first full version of genie scout 2011.

Archived