Ov Collyer

Miles Jacobson - O.B.E.

177 posts in this topic

Congratulations :) happy new year to all at SI, keep up the good work

Not had the pleasure of meeting Miles in person but i have had banter with him on twitter and he always just seems such a genuine and funny bloke and for all the efforts that he has put into SI over the years its an honour thats well deserved.

Congratulations, Miles. Richly deserved, best wishes from the States.

Thanks once again to everyone for the nice messages. It's been an overwhelming and surreal day so far!

Here's the quote that was given to the press.

“It is very humbling to be awarded such a prestigious accolade for doing something I enjoy so much, and one that enables me to indulge in my passion for football and videogames. I hope to be able to continue working in this fantastic creative industry for many more years to come and try to help it reach even more people.

Whilst honoured to have been recognised in this way, it’s really further recognition for the whole team at Sports Interactive around the world, especially after Oliver and Paul Collyer, the founders of SI, received honours last year.”

Can I also please take this opportunity to wish all of you a fantastic 2011 - I have a feeling it's going to be a very good, very busy year!

Well done Miles. Give the Queen a good snog from all of us.

Just a point of clarification:

I do not believe that receiving the OBE entitles one to the pre-nom "sir". He is simply Miles [insert middle name(s) here] Jacobson, OBE.

To get "Sir", you have to get the knighthood, IIRC.

Congrats Miles, and hope you stay for a long time yet! can't imagine a preview of a new FM without you. And thank you all at SI for my addiction that is FM! Keep up the good work.

Happy new year!

Congrats, Miles.

I'm not English, so pardon me for asking, is Miles is now Sir Miles ?

Well done mate :D .. Celebrate now by getting hammered and happy newyear to all

Very big congratulations.

Fully deserved! :thup:

Wow! Congratulations Miles. A real treat, enjoy the rewards of your success. After the hard work, comes the spoils.

What next? An Order of the Garter? A seat in the House of Lords? Hmmm, the opportunities are boundless.

Many congratulations Miles!

Time to change the forum username to 'Miles Jacobson, OBE'? ;) :D

In full, from - [URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/honours-list/8231975/New-Year-Honours-List-2011-in-full.html%29:"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/honours-list/8231975/New-Year-Honours-List-2011-in-full.html[/URL]

Miles Jacobson. Studio director, Sports Interactive. For services to the Computer Games Industry.

Well done mate.

Congratulations on a well deserved award and recognition of your work.

K

Well deserved Miles, congratulations to you and all at SI. Keep up the very good work fellas.

Congratulations Miles. I'm sure you will agree that OBE stands for "Other Buggers Efforts" so your reward must be shared around everyone!! :)

I'm all seriousness - terrific news!

John.

Congrats Miles, worthy honor for such a worthy man, well done and Happy New Year 2011 :)

congratz mate i was just fishing when i said whos miles well done to those of you that didn't bite :P congratz mate ive enjoyed them all up until this one ive got to be honest. but for everything youve done previous well done.

Have to say I hate the honours system with an absolute passion, so anyone who gets them (desereved or not) has my sympathy. I often wonder of all the people who get them how many slag the monarchy of yet when receiving an award from ol Elizabeth change their tune. The hypocarcy of it all is farcical!

[quote name='dazbowski']Have to say I hate the honours system with an absolute passion, so anyone who gets them (desereved or not) has my sympathy. I often wonder of all the people who get them how many slag the monarchy of yet when receiving an award from ol Elizabeth change their tune. The hypocarcy of it all is farcical![/QUOTE]

People do get the choice of rejecting it though, and some have done.

[quote name='BenArsenal']People do get the choice of rejecting it though, and some have done.[/QUOTE]
"I am returning this MBE in protest at Britain's support of the Vietnam war, our lack of action on that Nigeria thingy, and Cold Turkey slipping down the charts."

Rather see Miles get a gong than that bloody awful Simon Cowell :D

Miles, this is well deserved after all your hard work. I wish you an excellent 2011.

Spoke to Miles not so long ago on facebook and have to say he seemed a really nice guy.

Didn't hide behind anything when I asked him questions and was up front and honist.

Well done fella you should be really proud of yourself and what you have done in the industry.

All I ask now is you convince the collyers for a pay rise and to buy back the Championship Manager rights and get the game back out there before BGS rip it to sh1ts

Congratulations Miles! And all the best in the future!