[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 6 Review - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

As you can see the season was one of two halves, quite literally. We sucked the first half, we couldn't get a win no matter what I tried. This forced me to move away from my beloved narrow formations and to a wide formation, 4-1-2-3 with AMR/L's, I did this at the half way point, as you can see it worked! We won games! If you look at the position graph you can see the massive change, the team that was stuck on the bottom of the table ended up rocketing up into 3rd by the end of the season. If we can carry on the form of the 2nd half of the season then we should easily get promoted, maybe as champions!

In terms of the cups we did ok. We reached the quarter finals of the League Cup and the 3rd round of the FA Cup, I am fairly happy with the results but I will be trying to improve next season.

Finances | Transfers

My first season that we have ended in debt, I have about a month that falls into this season to correct that which I hopefully will be able to do.

Diaz was probably one of the greatest signings of this season, the Paraguayan keeper has 4 clean sheets in 9 games which isn't bad and at 23 can only get better!

Key Players

1. Gustavo Pena. 7 Goals in 15 appearances and always a key part of my attack. At 19 he has a bright future ahead of him, he is currently on loan and I would love to make it permanent but I don't think that I can cope up with the £150k price tag, it will be a sad day when Pena leaves the club.

2. Eric Cousins . Jamaican international at the age of 18, do I really need to say much more than that? This kid has some serious talent, it was even better that I got him on a free when he old club forgot to renew he contract when it had 6 months left!

3. Gonzalo Olid Apaza. It was between Apaza and a left sided Icelandic winger I have on loan, Apaza got it by virtue of playing more games, they have both contributed 4 goals each so I'm very happy.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 7 Prevue - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

I am a bit disappointed with the last loss, it was a game we really should have won. Other than that we played well and have be creating a good amount of chances, Pena is becoming a big part of the team so I really want to keep him.

I choose the option that would give me the highest budget with the lowest expectations, the club is in debt so I can understand the smaller budgets. The media is still convinced of our imminent failure, what a surprise!

Finances | Transfers

They are looking a little better but not great, I need more fans!

This year I haven't made many transfers as my squad showed it was good enough last season.

Squad

I have a new assistant so there are slightly different ratings but as you can see the squad is quite good for the league.

Key Signings

1. Marcio. He is the only player I have signed so far, he is my replacement right back after I got rid of my 31 year old right back who was on £450 p/w and wanted £550 p/w so he got shown the door.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 7 January February and March Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Finances

Looking back on my results they are actually quite good, if you bear in mind that all but 2 of my group were Premiership teams we did well! We pulled out some good draws and sneaked a couple of wins.

The finances have done their annual up turn which is good. On another note the Chairman let me have a larger wage budget which means I can sign some more good players.

Transfers | Squad

Chavez was going cheap, £3k for a player who can play MC and MR, I am also training him to play AMR so he will be very helpful for all of my tactics.

The squad looks good, I'm happy with it and my assistant is as well. We could probably do with a couple of DR/L's who are better but I can't find any so those will do.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 7 July Half Season Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table | Expectations

Now we have become a bit sporadic! We have the best home record, 5 wins, but our away record is dreadful, 1 draw and 3 defeats! We sucked in the cups, plain and simple we got through the groups and then crashed out in the League Cup and the FA Cup, well we went out to a team 2 tiers lower than us, the boys got a good old ear bashing after that!

Due to our insane home form we are sitting pretty in 4th place, tied with 2nd! So it is looking better this year. Due to that the board let me change my expectations but after the cup problem we had I don't want to chance my arm.

Finances | Transfers

Your eyes do not deceive you, we are making a profit! not huge but it's a profit! Time to save to get some facilities.

Not much happened in the transfer market.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 7 Review - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

We sucked away from home, 3 wins, 1 draw 7 loses. At home we had the best record, 10 wins and 1 loss! The cup we sucked in as well. This year was a bad year for the club, we should have easily been promoted but we weren't. Honestly we were dreadful in some games, we really need to improve our defending of corners and free kicks as well.

Honestly we were lucky to have finished third, we should have really finished lower than that due to our poor form at the end of the season.

Finances | Transfers

Considering we haven't done out money making exercise this season we aren't doing too badly! I think that a decent profit will be doable.

Yalta was inspired if I do say so myself, 11 goals in 21 appearances, top of the league!

Key Players

1. Roberto Yalta. He is incredible, he played 21 of the 22 league games, 11 goals scored and 8 assists. He also got 4 MoM awards. What more do you want from a player who can play anywhere in right or central midfield!

2. Eric Cousins . I think he is the first player to have made the key players twice. He has only made 19 league games due to international call ups. He has 12 caps now and is about to get 3 more this November.

3. Juan Carlos Diaz. My keeper, only 9 clean sheets but he did a wonderful job all season when my defence decided to go sleepy.

Flamers

Unlucky Flamers. 3rd two seasons on the trot. 6 points more than the season before as well and still not going up.

Get the hair dryer out at half time a bit more and give the boys a kick up the backside away from home.

kfklogo.png

Season 8 Prevue - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

Last seasons bit of the preseason went well! 1 loss to a bigger side and a draw. We still need to improve our defence but oh well.

Expectations are the same as last year, hopefully I will make it this year. The media still thinks I suck but that's there problem not mine.

Finances | Transfers

Back in the black, with good attendances last season getting myself into the black was easier, I also spent £36k on transfers as well so we are doing really well!

I brought in a lot of good back up players and a couple of gems. Not really much to say other than I got rid of a lot of wage munching players. I am now £600 p/w under my budget as well.

Squad

The future looks good, I have the youngest squad with "highest" or "best" in 8 categories! I bet we still suck though... Also note the last Icelandic who will be part of my team...

Key Signings

1. Julio Fuentes. Contract expired and I got his agent to make him agree to £150 p/w, bargin. Not very fast but I can train that up, at 19 he has a long career at this club hopefully.

2. Franco Guerrero. I challenge you to say his surname! Another player who is not too quick but very versatile, he will be great when injuries hit part way through the season. With 18 tackling though he should stop some of those pesky strikers!

3. Nicolas Piovera. A blisteringly quick player, he is being trained to be a left back, a position that I think he might end up making his own for a few seasons. He might need a bit more stamina though.

Flamers

so the name in brackets when you choose a team to play friendly with is how much you get from the game?! I always thought that it is amount of money you have to pay them for playing :(

You pay them that amount if you play at home. They pay you that amount if you choose away.

kfklogo.png

Season 8 End Of Preseason Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Finances

I think I'm finally starting to get a hang of this cup. We blitzed it, 5 wins, 1 draw and a loss. Top of the group, a group which had 5 Premiership sides in it! Our friendlies once again were just money grabbing exercises.

A lovely healthy bank balance, I have wanted one of these for a while and it seems to have arrived! I know they are not perfect but they are a lot better than they have been before which is what matters!

Transfers | Squad

The new transfers are a 2 season loan loan of an incredibly pacey striker who cuts through defences like a hot knife through butter and several rotation players as my midfield is a tiring place to be!

The squad looks good and I'm pleased with it.

Flamers

Archived