[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 6 January February and March Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Finances

This season was strange as we have the qualifying rounds of a cup in our off season, the friendlies we played were all good and we performed well. However we struggled to carry this into arguably one of the hardest groups. We soldiered on and ended up with a couple of good wins at the end which I was happy about. The meant that we qualified and are now through to the cup proper!

The finances are a mess as I couldn't play as many friendlies as I wanted to. I need to get some more investors or something. I also selected a high cup and league bonus to help us get into Europe quicker.

Transfers | Squad

The squad is now full. It's not as great as I would like it but it should do, I am thinking about moving to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond again to try and help me score more goals however my overall aim if to switch to a 4-1-2-2-1 with AMR/L's

I will still probably be busy in the transfer market for some while to come, on a side note we did snap up some young foreign talent that we had on loan when the clubs left it until 6 months left on there contracts. We will have them on loan until the contract end and then they will sign for us.

Flamers

What deadfncat said, if anyone can help then please do: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/251067-Game-Freeze-at-quot-Setting-Up-Match-quot-screen.

Also I might end this and start again with Russia as it's a much bigger country and I could get more attendance... I have a mod for down to tier 3 and I might extend that down to tier 5 (not the same as real life)...

Flamers

The first season was tough, it was a club with players who I couldn't say the name of, let alone type and spell! But the next season my influence started to show, I was seeing players who would play week in week out. There was also a tight battle for the one playoff spot (not even straight promotion!) I feel that when you go through a tough time with a team they become closer to you. The first season seemed like I was doing it to try and prove it was possible, the next I did because I wanted to see how good the players were, the third I was doing it to prove to the media that we were better, after that I was doing it for a love of the club.

It's hard to narrow down but people generally enjoy their saves more if they are the underdogs, a small club with not a great deal of history. The good thing about this is if I beat a Premiership side I feel elated! The team I just beat is only English League 1 standard but to my team they are giants! If your playing as Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal (as examples) beating another team is your weekly task, being in the lower tiers staying profitable and fighting for draws is your task.

Flamers

I hope you get it sorted to, mainly signed up so I could encourage you to, as I've found this to be a really amazing read :-) The friendly point gave me a good idea of how to advance some idea's I've had in the past for epic development files, and I've found your writing style really engaging as well! Basically, hopefully they get it fixed, and you can get back to developing Iceland still further :-D

Been away from this thread for a bit and it seems I've missed a lot of excitement! Glad to see you've got the game fixed and can resume with the save. With DSYoungEsquire's, mine and yours, we could have a Welsh team, Irish team and Icelandic team winning the Champions Leagues. Who would've thunk it! I hope you hold up your side of the bargain :p. On a more serious note, congrats on the progress :thup:

Awful, and I just got a red card for one of my defenders when the ref was about 40 yards away... I hate having a better team and the complete inability to score. Complete joke.

Flamers

EDIT: The player who got red carded got MoM... humm yes... CLEVER GAME

kfklogo.png

Season 6 July Half Season Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

I don't think the word "average" does justice to this season so far. I have honestly never seen that many draws. I have draw against the top teams and drawn against the lowest, we can't seem to buy a win. We are now out of both of the cups, mainly due to the fact we are drawing all of our games. We do currently have one of the longest unbeaten runs in the league but they are all draws!

The table doesn't look pretty, 6 points from 9 games. I think if we stay up it will be by doing it the hard way!

Finances | Transfers

Pretty normal season, the new cup screwed with me getting money but oh well I will try and cope.

As you can see we got rid of loads and got in loads more this season.

Flamers

I told the board I would "Battle Bravely Against Relegation", the fact that I got much further in the cups meant I was still very secure, even when 12th!

I will give you a teaser, I am now twice as good as I was ;)

Flamers

Archived