[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took the game to Premiership is IBV and came out with this result:

[video=youtube;BBwGCJ0k0WI]

I can't really complain! If we can keep doing that we have a chance, if we win we get a EURO Cup place :p

Flamers

I just lost 3-2.. what a joke... my defenders have now gone off tackling duty it seems...

Flamers

They do this with distressing frequency. It's even more devastating than when the strikers go on strike, because at least you can hold a nil-nil draw, but giving up a goal (or three) means you absolutely MUST score a few of your own.

Personally, I think they do it just to make the strikers have to scramble and earn their keep.

Do you think I have solved my lack of goals in the league?

[video=youtube;megKXRxkooI]

While uploading I saw this:

82.jpg

That's in 7 games, someone's paying the ref I see... That would explain my high amount of yellow cards as well...

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 5 July Half Season Update - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

The only loss was the Reynir who got promoted to seasons ago and came down last season so are a very good side. I really shouldn't have lost but oh well I can't do much about it now. I did however beat Afturelding 4-0 who are the other title challengers, that helped my campaign a lot as it let me get 3 points clear. The two draws though are against teams I really should have beaten which is very disappointing. I have managed to improve the amount of goals I have scored though, so far I have scored 22 which is 3 less than I scored all of last season! I am also keeping tight at the back, only letting in 10 goals in 10 matches. I can also right a little bit about this cup this year, we managed to beat Premier division IBV in our first match, we then dispatched Grotta which leaves us with a 4th round tie against Afturelding at home which I am hoping to win. If we are really lucky we might win and be into Europe, but I doubt it some how...

We are currently sitting 1 point clear at the top, I really need to keep up this unbeaten streak in order to keep my promotion chances alive. We definitely have a strong enough squad to do it, we just need to keep scoring!

Finances | Transfers

The finances are draining again, oh joy. I'm hoping for some cup money which would be amazing!

Only 1 player left, Thiago. He was costing me £7 p/w, had half a star and never played. I already had a loaned player covering his position so tough.

Flamers

What that doesn't tell you is that it was the 8th penalty and a was so scared :O To get that far and then lose would have been dreadful, we should have won 2-1 but conceded a penalty late in the second half of extra time...

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 5 Review - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

Wow, this year we played a lot. at times some of the players were starting a match with 77% condition due to fixture congestion, other times I had two weeks off. But hey, this is Iceland! Any team that only loses 5 matches and draws 3 seems like a good one, which we were. The amount of goals scored was a touch sporadic, with some games being 4-0 thumpings and other 1-0 scrapes in the 91st minute, but a win is a win!

For the first time ever I am going to dedicate a good amount of words to the Icelandic Cup, we were I touch unlucky in the Second Round when we drew Premier League IBV. However my players like a good challenge and they played well and were 3-0 up at half time, even with missing a penalty! IBV clawed two back in the second half but it wasn't enough to stop us and we were through! Next round saw Grotta come and visit us at home, it was uneventful with only one goal in the 48th minute and the only shot on target all game. Next saw us take on, then top of the table, Afturelding, who we had already better 4-0 earlier on in the season. We were 3-1 up at half time and by full time is was 4-2. Another team dispatched with not much hassle. Then it saw us hit the tough section, with mainly Premier division teams left it would be tough, we were 1-0 down for a long time in the match against Grindavik who scored after 14 minutes, it took us until the 77th minute to equalise. It stayed like this and went into extra time, we conceded a stupid penalty on 100 minutes which they scored. Then my team showed why they deserved a place, they equalised in the 116th minute to take it to penalties. After the first 5 we were 3-3, then 4-4, then we both missed, 5-5, then both missed. It was the 10th penalty and my keeper stepped up and thundered one home, my heart was in my mouth, then I saw that they had missed and we were through! Fylkir awaited us in the Semi Final but somehow we managed to beat them 3-0, to this day I don't know how but we did. This left us with a final tie with Premier division champions Fram, we put up a good fight and were 1-1 at half time but there quality shone through and we lost 3-1. I was quite happy though, we showed that we can mix it with the big boys which is good for next season!

In the league we sat in second for ages, most of the season in fact, just two points behind Reynir. When they drew the last fixture I pounced scoring a vital 4-0 win and getting the title on the last day. With quite an impressive goal difference if I don say so myself!

Finances | Transfers

My finances still aren't healthy but they might get a bit better next season with bigger teams and hopefully better sponsorship!

Not really much to say about the transfers, I will be busy over the winter tough as I am letting a lot of my "B" team go.

Key Players

1. Yuginho. Holds the clubs highest goals in a season record with 10 goals in 16 appearances, he is the main difference between this season and last.

2. Caihame. Scored 8 in the first 7 or so games then only scored 2 the rest of the season, not great but it was still 10 goals to my cause.

3. Vignir Benediktsson. Did his job as captain well, and had a great knack of scoring 30 yard screamers when we really needed it, his stats would tell you otherwise but he did.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

Unlucky on missing out on promotion this season but you made up for it by finishing as champions this season.

An impressive cup run there, it's unfortunate you couldn't just go one step further and win the final

You have some crazy results, congratz on that 8-0 thrashing of Sunmoon, never seen domination like it in fm11

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't expecting it. We went into that match as under dogs and proved we weren't.

I'm not sure if the cup winner gets a Euro spot, but they won the league, so maybe... Just maybe.... I didn't think of that...

Flamers

Just checked, winner get Euro Cup spot but the won the league so got an ECC spot, I'M IN EUROPE!!!

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't expecting it. We went into that match as under dogs and proved we weren't.

I'm not sure if the cup winner gets a Euro spot, but they won the league, so maybe... Just maybe.... I didn't think of that...

Flamers

Just checked, winner get Euro Cup spot but the won the league so got an ECC spot, I'M IN EUROPE!!!

Hahahahaa brilliant :thup:

I am predicted to finish 11th, above Reynir who I beat last season. I know that I have a far stronger squad, as my cup campaign showed! I ahve also been given a nice big wage budget and a transfer budget, even though it isn't massive!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 6 Prevue - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

The friendlies that fall into last season, we played well considering that I only had my A team then 1/2 star subs. The A team is now quite tired though and it is starting to show but we can still perform, as I rebuild my subs and scouting network it's getting better.

I have purposely been unambitious this season, I know that the players can complete in the top flight and we are not there yet, however I know a run of bad games could see us right down the table and I quite like my job here. The club is now feeling like my club finally and is starting to get a personality.

The media can be justified this year, they expect us to finish 11th, above Reynir. I will be happy with 8-10th and avoiding the drop.

Finances | Transfers

I was a little bit late in making my finances screen shot and it includes January, however it does show how much turnover I get for these friendlies! I am also entered into a second cup this season which should help with a few more gate receipts!

Eight players felt the axe this transfer window, they have been replaced by 4 new players and 2 two season long loans. What that doesn't show you is that I got rid of 5 out of my 7 scouts left which means I have had to rebuild my scouting network. Although hard it will be worth it as my new scouts are a far higher quality which will help!

Squad

The players at the bottom are most of my youth and general tat that was sitting in my reserves. You can see that I am slowly rebuilding the squad as I get more scouting knowledge and with 2 months left it should be done!

Key Signings

1. Einar Omarsson. An Icelandic who makes this list, this doesn't happen often! He will be forming the rock at the back, also being able to play MC is a bonus when we are short on players to play there!

2. Paulinho. Adirano said he would be good about a year ago, I didn't have the funds at the time but in January when I saw IBV wanting him I put my money where my mouth is and went for him. I offered a contract at about half what he wanted but his 2 trail spells here convinced him that his heart was here, also Adriano now loaves me which is great!

3. Maicon. Yes, another Brazilian striker, 4 stars and will come in very handy as every 6 or so games one of my strikers is suspended to 3 good strikers might mean consistent scoring this year!

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

I played this match, don;t even remember the score. Pretty sure we lost. We suck atm, not going to lie. I scored my first goal in 5 matches in an away friendly I sneaked in, problem is we scored 5 and I think the strikers might have done there allocation for the season and will bugger off back to Brazil to top up there tans again!

Oh and 4 Brazilian strikers, all 3.5 stars plus. None can score, or even hit a barn door. Average game is 17 shots, 4 on target right now, PERFECT. *Sarcastic smiley*

Flamers

Could you PLEASE tell me where that option is in the Private Chat, I have been looking for 5 seasons and I can't seem to find it...

Or the other option of "if you don't score you won't get paid". Oh wait, just thought of a plan, HUGE goal bonuses and small wages... will it work?

Flamers

While I'm here does anyone have any idea on how to score more with a narrow system. I can play 3/4/5 at the back, 1/2/3 DM's, 1/2/3 CM's, 1/2 AMC and 1/2/3 Strikers with my current playing staff.

Flamers

Well done on the European Qualification and the league win :D. Where are you finding all these brazilians? Ireland doesn't have a foreign player limit either, and they would've been extremely helpful a few years ago! Hopefully you can get an easy draw and progress a few rounds and get the pay-off from that!

Im not sure if I'm in Europe.. I somehwo doubt it as I think my place was given to the 4th place in the Premiership which I'm ****ed about!

I have Brazil active down to the 3rd tier with a large database which means about 7k odd Brazilians :D

Flamers

Archived