[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh thats pretty good. Im about the same at the moment I think but it depends how much I want to get involved with tactics etc. Usually not much as I stick to my plan pretty brutally

Egypt management is whats killing me time wise at the moment. Once we go to the world cup (hope), then after that I think I'll resign. Splitting your mind between the two is hard work!

I have just started managing in Icelandic second league :O

Bloody difficult isn't it?

yeh I use the exact same tactic but with a bit more creative freedom as the players are better

I just left it default, worked well with Ghana (they reached 8th in the world under me) and Portugal who went from 38th when I took them over to 28th in about 2 months :)

Flamers

I want one :( I am currently 2nd, 1 point off first, also 1 but above 3rd. But they won;t give me more money to sign players, or get a parent club. I think I will just miss out this year which will be hard...

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 4 Review - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

The winless streaks were much shorter, however they did end up costing me the league. Having sat comfortably at the top for 70% of the season, most of the time with a 6 point gap, we threw it away. However the players had a chance to make it up, all they had to do is win the final match 5-0 and hope everyone else drew, then they would get promotion. It wasn't to be, we won by the biggest margin, 3-0, but the team above us won which means we are spending another season in this league. We should be able to better next season if I don't sign too many players...

Finances | Transfers

I am in the red for the first time since I took over, this means I will have to arrange hundreds of friendlies in or to cope. I am getting rid of some players who are eating a total of £360 per week between them so that should also help.

My only two signings in the later half of the season were two Brazilians, Yguinho and Adirano. The former has 14 finishing and is a 20 year old striker, so far has got 2 goals in 7 appearances. The later I signed right at the end of the season, at 30 he's not young but he is still half decent and at 6 foot isn't short either!

Key Players

1. Olexiy Kopylchenko. A Ukrainian striker who is older than me, but with 8 goals he was are top scorer, he even broke the club record for goals, at 8.

2. Olexandr Artemenko. Second highest scorer at 5, not bad from a centre back. With 5 Man of the Match awards as well he was really the best part of my back line.

3. Nilton. Yet another golden oldy, he didn't score, or assist and only got 1 Man of the Match award, I hear you crying why is he here? Well the game didn't pick up the fact that he has stopped about 20 attacking runs in this season, that in itself is impressive, add to that the fact that he has a knack of getting his 6 foot 3 frame on the end of opponents corners and clearing them you can see why he's great.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 5 Prevue - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

Those are the results of last seasons friendlies, not really bad if you ask me. We seem to be scoring more goals and I am choosing harder teams as well.

I have been ambitious this season, setting myself the target of a title challenge. I'm pretty sure we can do it after last season, as long as we can keep scoring then we should be able to. We now have a solid front two who should only get better from now on. The media still doubts us but they can go shove themselves to be honest.

Finances | Transfers

Due to the friendlies at the end of last season we git £17k profit, not massive but it's a start. We are playing 15 odd friendlies at the start of this season which should help. We also got a new sponsorship deal worth £2.5k, not much but it's a little more.

I didn't feel that we needed many players so I have kept mainly the same squad, more about the new ones in a bit.

Squad

My squad is now looking more like a Brazilian squad with some Icelandic's thrown in, but who cares? The advantage of no foreign rule is great.

Key Signings

1. Fred. I had to sign him because of his original name :p He is also a great DM so win and win!

2. Ito. Left backs are hard to come by and he's rated 3 stars, he'll do.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 5 January February and March Update - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | Finances

I conceded 8 this season in my friendlies but I don't really mind, we played harder teams and scored more. 31 goals scored is lovely, if we can reproduce this in the league we should dominate it. Most of the matches were against teams who had Similar or better reputation to us. I played a ouple of home friendlies at the end to get the foreigners to get used to Icelandic football.

The upshot of this is that my finances are much better again. We really do need promotion to properly sort them out but we are getting on the way to them getting better. I also used large signing on fee's to get players to sign for much lower wages which is a good long term plan.

Transfers | Squad

I couldn't resist buying more players. I'm sorry. Caihame is a Brazilian striker who is simply not amazing at anything, however he is good at everything. This ability to play up front and take on the role of a striker, AMC or winger helps my fluid tactic work. Vitor is cover for my left back position, hence the loan, his crossing might help us if we are struggling. Rodolfo was also brought in to cover the right back position, however I stumbled across a player who has 3 stars and 14 tackling. Therefore he is now my starting right back, if I get promotion I might look to make the move permanent or at least extend his loan for another year. Richardo Lima was brought in to help cover my midfield, with 4 players playing either MC or DM I need a lot of players who can play there due to the high stamina needed, he has 4 stars and therefore should be a starter. My last signing, Johannes Gunnarsson is purely for he coaching attributes, he has 17 fitness which is one of the best I have seen on any Icelandic coach. Signing him as a player/coach means I get that and his 17 defence training for £6 p/w!!

The squad is nearly as I would like it all season, the only change would be Fred for Sigurosson. This means my lowest starter will have 2 stars which will be great! As you can tell from the positions I am playing a 4-1-3-2, using the Counter starting strategy, Fluid philosophy and More Cautious tackling so I don't have the suspension problems I did last season.

Flamers

No worries mate I used to do it all the time.

I stopped when I though others didn't.

At one club I would do a game every 2-3 days and have about 20 pre season frendlies lol would get about £2m in pre season.

Well it was winter :p

I was more worried about the pirates in Somalia, we had to go buy boat as the club doesn't have the money for plane tickets, boat trips to Somalia are really cheap though!

Flamers

Archived