[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just played out a thrilling comeback in my second Brazilian game to win it 2-1.

[video=youtube;2EgW09GQ3VA]

I have worked out why the team is conceding, all of my new signings has reduced how well the team know the tactic so I have put that up to try and help :)

Flamers

Haven't posted in a while but this is still a great read:thup:

Congratz on the promotion last season:thup:

Thanks :D The game goes so slowly due to me having 90 odd leagues loaded.. A bit annoying but more realistic.

50k? wow now youre stepping up.

get a promotion again and turn it into a 500k/month profit!

That month had 5 away friendlies in it :p on average I lose 2-4k a month

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 3 January February and March Update - 2. Deild Karla:

I went for nearly all away friendlies again this season in order to bring in some cash.

The results were a bit of a mixed bag, some amazing ones, and some awful ones. Hopefully we can get some good results in the league and be a bit more consistent. I like to play a lot of friendlies to keep the team in good shape and as I make money I can't complain!

On the plus side are finances are very healthy! We are now £70k in the black which is good, if we can start turning a profit then I might get some new facilities!

Flamers

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 3 June Half Season Update - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

Considering we were expected to finish last we are not doing too bad! Poor finishing is costing us some of are games but I'm sure that I can improve that in the transfer window which is in July. If not I will be able to do it over winter when my reputation should have hopefully gone up.

For the first time ever we are into the third round of the cup, we have drawn First division KA. I will try to win but it doesn't bother me that much, I would prefer to be safe in the league than get to the 4th round in the cup.

Finances | Transfers

I am making a £4k loss every month but we have a big enough bank balance to cope, I am also now starting to buy in players as I have £19k left in my transfer budget!

Flamers

thats pretty good though. my league is a lot higher than yours.

Im sitting pretty in 3rd place at the moment with the Euro Cup coming up. Its wierd playing it towards the end of the season rather than at the beginning like in the English Premier League

:p

kfklogo.png

Season 3 Review - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

You can see the big blip that happened during the middle of the season. I changed the tactics a little, and let my assistant do the team talks and signed some new strikers, something worked and started scoring, not many but 1 goal is enough to win a match. At the end of the season we turned unbeatable, in 14 games we lost 2! Admittedly some of them, quite a lot, were draws but it was still points. Next season I think we can make a good charge for the top considering some of the signings I have lined up.

We got through one round of the cup then lost 3-1 to KA but I didn't mind, my mind was on the league.

Finances | Transfers

I am now making bigger losses which is worrying however my 3 month pre season should sort that out!

I released a lot of players in order to free up some wage budget, I have changed from loaning to buying players which will be better in the long run. My scouts have started finding some real jems who could really make a difference in sure a lowly skilled division.

Key Players

1. Sindri Steinarsson. A versatile defender with 6 Man of the Match awards to his name this season. He also has scored 4 vital goals this season from corners.

2. Guomundur Steinporsson. My top scorer with 6 in all competitions, not great but the best out of a bad bunch really. However he is on the Favoured Personnel list.

3. Samuel Kjartansson. One of the strikers that I brought in half way through the season, scored 3 in 11 starts which is respectable. He would have been higher up if he had played the whole season.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

My scouts are doing a damn good job, they keep turning up players who will sign on frees who are "leading stars" for the division ABOVE me!!

I just noticed I conceded the fewest goals last season, go me!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 4 Prevue - 2. Deild Karla:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

These are few few friendlies that fall into last season, Only one goal conceded so it seems that my new goal keeper is fitting in well, my new strikers also seem to be getting the hang of the system.

I selected "Top Half Finish" as I needed the wage budget really. I am aiming high this year and in all honesty I will be disappointed if we can't get promotion as the squad looks way to strong to be in this division and sure run riot. If they can score. The media have put me a 50-1 outsiders.

Finances | Transfers

Well, lets not look at my finances. I am still in the black but not by much, I am going to have to play 4 months of solid friendlies to be able to keep afloat all season.

I did bring in basically a whole new first team this season, however most of them are rated to be good enough to last me even if I get promoted. So I was looking for the future, I did bring in a couple of older players to give me a bit of experience but even these players are rated 4 stars in this division!

Squad

I have started to sign foreign players! I have found a stupid amount of good Ukrainians and a couple of good Brazilians who were willing to sign for me. The best thing about Iceland is there is no restriction on foreign players, at any level!

Key Signings

1. Olexiy Kopylchenko. He may be getting on but he still has some pretty damn good physicals, combine that with 13 finishing and good mental stats he is a great striker!

2. Nilton. Natural Defensive Midfielder, good physicals and not bad technical skills. He's another one who's getting on but he should do me for a good couple of seasons, I got him on a free as well so he looks prefect.

3. Vignir Johannesson. Another players who joined on a free, this time he came from Premier Division winners Breioabik having only made 9 appearances in his career, he's young and pretty good so I'm happy.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

Archived