[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 15 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

I'm still waiting on the perfect season, one day... One day... The league was perfect considering some games we had 11 players on International duty!

Here is the full draw for the Group Stages, group of death much?. We were ranked as 200-1 outsiders to win the Cup which I can't complain at.

We had the league secure with 3 games left this season which was great, we had it with 4 games left due to a huge goal difference. To complete our rout of the league we got the top 2 Golden Boots , the top 3 Footballers of the Year, the Young Player of the Year, 6 players in Team of the Year!, the 2nd best goal of the season and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

£30m, not a bad balance. If the 3 EU players rule comes in then that might reduce as I might need to buy some in.

As you can see the chairman got the butchers knife out and I had to fill the gaps with what I could, I don't think I did a bad job though!

Key Players

1. Bare Sene. The only one of my "good" players not to have run off to another club, in fact he rejected a contract from OL!

2. Rodrigo. What a splendid first season! 50 goals in 43 appearances, this man is a machine!

3. Franklin Bastardo. My second top scorer, plays well in his supporting role and scores some real cracking goals when he wants to.

Youth Players

1. Johann Hallgrimmson. The end of last season saw him play 5 games at Tottenham, then this season he has been loaned out to Inverness who are doomed to go down. However he did score his first international goal this year. Against England!

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

civ.png

Season 15 - International News:

Ivory Coast Results | World Cup Qualifying Group Round 2 | World Cup Qualifying Group Round 3 | Africa Cup Of Nations Group

We simply didn't put in the performances I expected in the second half of the year, we need to do much better. We still came top of our group but should have won it by a much bigger margin.

The third round looks much harder, I am really not looking forward to it as I think my job might end up on the line. Especially with my Africa Cup of Nations group being hard as well and the FA wanting a Semi-Final appearance!

Flamers

I want to win the Cl before I leave.. I would LOVE to see Icelandic football become equal to Spanish/Italian/English football as well....

EDIT: We are £3m off of Wolves who are the 100th richest club in the world!

It will take less than 300 years at least I hope so lol. Wonder how much winning the Champions League would increase the rep of the Icelandic domestic league.

Enjoyed looking over this thread not sure why it took me so long to comment and read it all. Good luck dude.

Well the CL is a 5 star ranked competition and me getting to the groups rose it by 0.5 star and getting to the knockout round rose it another 0.5. I think a win will see it go to 3.5 (2.5 current)

They have to be in a knockout round :p That isn't the qualifying round :p

My bad.. I thought it was a qualifying round. I think I got confused because your fixtures below it were qualifying rounds. I didn't pay attention to the dates.

kfklogo.png

Season 16 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We couldn't compete this year, losing all but one game in our group.

We are expected to win, and win by a big margin.

Finances | Transfers

The greedy shareholders took £9m from the club this year which I was a bit annoyed about! But oh well...

For once we have managed to stop the AI managers from stealing ALL of my players.

Squad

Still looking good :D

Key Signings

1. Hyacinthe Kone. I had to bring him in, he is rated at 3 stars with good potential. He should be seeing full international action sooner rather than later ;)

2. Regis Kalenga. Has the potential to be the next Bare Sene, he should develop well and form a good partnership with Sene.

3. Rodrigo. Yes, another Rodrigo. This might get confusing by this one will be good in Europe when I have to play more defensive wingers.

Youth Spotlight

1. Garðar Sævarsson. He is rated at 0.5 CA and 3.5 PA so I doubt he will ever claim a full first team role but you might see him making some substitute appearances in the future.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

Have you seen the thread in GD where the guy holidayed for 300 years with only Iceland open? They were the 4th best league in 2300 and something.

Hahaha...300 years of holiday. Good to know it's possible.

In other news, those latest signings are very, very nice. No wonder you're dominating Iceland. ;)

Archived