[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I converted 10 to Iceland from all over... 4 from the Ivory Coast...

Ivory Coast has a lot of raw talent that needs one of us Icelandic Managers. I went first for the Irish 21-unders... and they sucked, now I'm at the Icelandic 21-unders and I'll get sacked sooner or later then I'll put in for more opportunities. At least I have 2 icelandic defenders worth 3 mill each... too bad they don't seem to put Iceland over the top lol

Oh and once you get past the group phase of the champions league/europa cup... no more vacations lol

I got loads of offers for a while but not many since I have been doing triples.

It's quite annoying when you refuse or negotiate it up and the other club refuses then your player wants to leave.. I had sold £3.8m of players though :)

I then found replacement players on frees :p

I use a poacher/deep lying forward. I can now "control" games better, I.e my defenders are much more of a unit :)

Part of my problem with the striker might be that he is new so don't read too much into it :)

But you need those players to succeed, it's a fine balance. The defensive play does seem less eratic, ie they don't get pulled out of position so easily

This thread will slow down for a while as I have several reports to right IRL :(

kfklogo.png

Season 15 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

This time we came joint top with OL! We did really well. We are expected to win everything but a nice big budget will help!

Finances | Transfers

Lots of money! I'm upgrading facilities like crazy!

The new patch means the AI managers are more aggressive, really annoying!

Squad

It looks worse but it's really better :)

Key Signings

1. Bruno. Can play in so many positions, he is really quite good and 17 finishing!

2. Rodrigo. He should be a top striker, 18 finishing should help me score some more goals and break that magic 60 mark!

Youth Spotlight

All carp this year again.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

They were massively underpaided. I think I found some of the best youths in the world and tied them down for 5 years and gave them play time. I am on the favoured personnel for most of them :)

Also like the logo on each update?

Yes it is sir :)

I might soon be one of the richest clubs in the world.. £2.4m bid just came in for Tottenham for my youth.... Director accepted it, I would like to keep him but £2.4m is HUGE

Yeah a lot of Icelandic clubs are sports clubs of everytype IRL the one I play Afturelding has over 100 coaches and 10,000 members who play over 50 sports of all types...

Yeah I'm just out of the top 100 richest clubs now... we're worth 40m now... wow my board doesn't do that...yet lol

Archived