[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think i've ever seen such a big squad as yours with so many different nationalities! :eek:. How do they get on with the difference in language? Seeing as you're sat top of the league, I presume they gel well? What's your wage bill?

Well most of them speak Spanish or Portuguese and as I now how some Brazilians who have claimed Icelandic nationality they obviously speak Icelandic which means they gel quickly.

Current wage bid: £15,764 p/w. Max available: £47,500 p/w with no transfer budget.

The next update will be a big one :)

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 12 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

This season we didn't do very well in the cups, this was partly on purpose as I wanted to get far in Europe. I think I may have achieved my goal, we reached the Group Stages of the Champions League. Our group isn't the easiest in the world but due to our 100% home record in all competitions we managed to beat Zenit 2-1, this is possibly the greatest result I have every got and I can hardly believe it!

Here is the full draw for the Group Stages, no really "easy" group, Group H being possibly the easiest. We were ranked as 5000-1 outsiders to win the Cup which I can't complain at.

We properly dominated the league and I had the title with 1 game left, we could have won by more but a fluky 5-1 loss to KB stopped that. To complete our rout of the league we got the Golden Boot, 62 of the top 3 Footballers of the Year, Young Player of the Year,5 players in Team of the Year and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

Now try and cancel my facilities, stupid chairman. £9.5m in the bank and I'm still paying off this damn loan.

The main transfer news was Roberto Yalta leaving the club for £500k, he went top an Argentine Premier Division side but he has been called up into the Icelandic squad which is nice to hear.

Key Players

1. Franklin Bastardo. Not as good as Yoshiwaka but still pretty good! he netted 33 in 42 appearances which is respectable hopefully this team we can keep him over the off season.

2. Rafael Claro. Another 2nd place in my most important players. Claro has saved 6 penalties this season and with 19 clean sheets including 4 in Europe he is coming up good right when we need him to!

3. Juan Sanchez. A very good all round player and at 22 I can only see him getting better. He is a player who is never individually excellent but he makes everything work and I'm proud of him.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

tga.png

Season 12 - International News:

OCE Nations Cup Preliminary Round Groups | International Results

We suck, there is nothing we can do about it. We are such a small country that is so insignificant we can't do anything, with only 112,000 people living here.

On the plus side we are now 185th in the world!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 13 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

Due to our long season last year our season started much later this year, after league reset day. The board also gave me no choice, I need to win it. Talk about pressure?

The yes the media think I will do well, and they should do being the first club in Iceland to reach the Champions League groups stages (as far as I know).

Finances | Transfers

Yes, £10m turnover in a year, most of it came from Europe.

Cousins went, he has been an important part of my team for several seasons now but the offer was big and we can sign some new youngsters.

Squad

The team is still good, it's a bit annoying that I lost my striker but oh well I will try and cope with it.

Key Signings

1. Bara Sene. This is my replacement for Cousins, I am really glad I got him young as I can see him being a huge star in the future.

2. Thiago. I over paid for him and I know I did but he's young and should be a good Defensive Midfielder.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

@DSYoungEsq Thanks, I was impressed as well. Just shows what Defensive football can do for you!

@jemparowkenastoprcent I beat a Polish side last year in the EURO Cup, they are awful :p

@AK22 I wish! A win would do me fine but being the worlds worst team it's VERY hard. I don't think one has made it *goes to google it*

Flamers

unlucky in Europe mate. You are gonna struggle really with Europe being outside you normal season. Must be hard to get the boys up for the games.

When is the end of season break? does that impact on Europe at all

Europe moves my break back which is really weird. If I get there nexy season I'm going to arrange friendlies to keep players fit between matches.

Also I was very lucky in Europe, I didn't expect to get this far, let alone get 2 wins!

There is also not a great synergy between your Transfer Budget and you wage allocation. I get £3m Tran and £105k pw wages in the championship. You won't get players in with such a low wage budget. You would do better to swing it the other way and hammer the wage bill at £150k pw on free transfers and keep the bulk of your cash to cover the wages and club development.

I have it on max wage right now, I get £92k p/w and £1.7m transfer kitty. I don't really need the transfer budget as my player are all young and still getting better, I only ever buy player that my scouts rate at 4.5 or 5 star potential and 3 star CA and I can get them for less than £500k

Flamers

KB paying a player £9k a week lol you have a tough job on your hands.

How do you compare to the league with attendances? Are KB miles ahead financially now?

I think HK need to sell Davio "the fat man" Karlsson if they are to stand a chance lol

Well I got news through at the beginning of this season that the Chairman was withdrawing financial support, since then they have lost £2m in value. I like heavy defenders if they are quite quick, they are great to stop strikers in there tracks :D Sene is a DC ;)

I am top of the attendances by miles, about 500 ahead (out of 6000). THat £9kp/w player is about half as good as my £1.3kp/w and he isn't my best striker :p

Flamers

They are playing in Europe this year so that should help them but yer it will. They are also over paying EVERY player and only have a turnover of £500k per year, compared to my £10.5m last year...

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 13 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

The one draw but considering I had a 1 game preseason I can't complain!

Without Europe money we would be losing about £1m per season but I intend to make it to the groups every season.

Transfers | Squad

The two players I spent a lot on are 3 star already but have 4.5 potential, I brought in a couple of loans to cover some key spots as well.

The squad looks good really.

Flamers

Archived