[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

The 10 Year Round Up

It has been quite an impressive rise for KFK in 10 years. In that time we have come from a club in the Icelandic 4th tier to a team who can compete in Europe, all be it in the qualifying rounds. In the round up I will be looking at the level of players that are at my club, the winners of various leagues and the cup winners.

Players

To start with I will look at my goalkeepers, past and present.

Betir Olafsson He was my first goalkeeper and one that should really go down in club memory at without him we honestly wouldn't have been able to get promoted in my first full season in charge.

Rafael Claro My current goalkeeper wearing the number 1 jersey. As you can see his stats are much better in many key areas but he is much slower which does mean he does concede some really annoying goals. It is still an area I need to work on but he is a good shot stopper.

The second key area would have to be the striker, without a good striker your team won't score, without scoring you don't win.

Horour Guomundsson Other than having an impressive surname there wasn't really much going for him but at the level he was playing he was incredible.

Morten Thomsen This is one area in which we have made huge improvements, if I had Thomsen at the start I would have been scoring hundreds every season!

Club Status

Club Information

That is quite a big increase from when I started, when I started we have 100 attendance and were worth £130k. We now have 4100 average attendance and re worth £2.1m! This makes us the 5th richest club in Iceland, 4th if you ignore KB who have a tycoon splashing the cash.

Club Facilities

They still haven't changed in 10 years other than we now have a new stadium but we have some things in the pipeline.

Board Projects

As you can see we will soon have a Youth Academy and improved facilities which might mean that I start using Icelandic players!

Staff

I just thought I should show you this, I am currently employing 12 scouts, 8 coaches, 3 physios and an assistant manager, however the other teams are only employing 6 or 7 members of staff.

Affiliated Clubs

At the end of last season I managed to convince the board after 9 seasons to get a parent club, when they came back and saif that I could have Lillestrom as my parent club I jumped at the chance! Hopefully I will get some Danish prodigies on loan.

Past Winners

Urvalsdeild:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |Third                     |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2010      |FH                  |Fram (ISL)                   |Stjarnan                  |
|2011      |Breioablik          |Valur                        |Grindavik                 | 
|2012      |KR                  |FH                           |Valur                     | 
|2013      |KR                  |FH                           |Breioablik                | 
|2014      |Fram (ISL)          |Keflavik                     |Valur                     |
|2015      |Fram (ISL)          |Fylkir                       |Grindavik                 | 
|2016      |Fram (ISL)          |Valur                        |Por                       | 
|2017      |Fram (ISL)          |KR                           |Valur                     |
|2018      |Breioablik          |KFK                          |FH                        |
|2019      |FH                  |KFK                          |Valur                     |

1. Deild Karla

|SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |Third                     |
|2010      |IA                  |Vikingur                     |Por                       |
|2011      |Selfoss             |IBV                          |Njarovik                  | 
|2012      |Prottur             |Fylkir                       |IA                        | 
|2013      |Fram (ISL)          |Selfoss                      |Por                       | 
|2014      |Por                 |Stjarnan                     |HK                        |
|2015      |KR                  |Volsungur                    |KFK                       | 
|2016      |FH                  |KA                           |KFK                       | 
|2017      |KFK                 |Haukar                       |Fylkir                    |
|2018      |KB (ISL)            |Keflavik                     |Fylkir                    |
|2019      |KR                  |HK                           |IBV                       |

Icelandic Cup Deildabikar

---------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |
|2010      |Selfoss             |IBV                          |
|2011      |Vikingur            |Grindavik                    |
|2012      |Valur               |Fram (ISL)                   |
|2013      |Grindavik           |Fylkir                       |
|2014      |Grindavik           |Njarovik                     |
|2015      |IA                  |Breioabik                    |
|2016      |KR                  |FH                           |
|2017      |KFK                 |Fram (ISL)                   |
|2018      |KFK                 |KB (ISL)                     |
|2019      |KA                  |KFK                          |

Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar

|SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |
|2010      |Valur               |Breioablik                   |
|2011      |Breioabik           |Selfoss                      |
|2012      |Keflavik            |Grindavik                    |
|2013      |Stjarnan            |Fjonir                       |
|2014      |Fram (ISL)          |KFK                          |
|2015      |Fram (ISL)          |Vikingur                     |
|2016      |Breioablik          |Stjarnan                     |
|2017      |FH                  |Vikingue                     |
|2018      |KA                  |Valur                        |
|2019      |KFK                 |Keflavik                     |

kfklogo.png

Season 11 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

The friendlies didn't go amazingly but we did do quite well in some periods of the games.

We now have a good transfer budget and wage budget for once, the media still don't think that we are going to come second, or 3rd in fact. They are still predicting us to finish 5th, I really can't understand why though.

Finances | Transfers

£1.5m in the bank now, it is incredible how much we have in the bank and with more facilities coming we should only get better!

Not many transfers have happened as my team are pretty good, however with the new budget I have starting spending on some really top quality players.

Squad

I have brought in some youths who will get "Trained at club" status which will help me in Europe.

Key Signings

1. Emilio Celiz. At 27 he's a bit of experience coming into my squad, he is a natural left back who will replace Hoy who left during last season for £150k.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 11 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Oh wow, it's not perfect but by god we were good is most of those games. I could hardly believe it was my team!

We are £20k down this season but I have spent £202k on transfers so this doesn't bother me.

Transfers | Squad

My Japanese striker is incredible, I can hardly believe it! My DM/MC is also working well so all in all I am very happy with how it's going.

My squad is looking amazing and we should do well.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 11 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

We lost in the Supercup, having one it once then the save game wouldn't load. However a special word has to be said for our 7-0 and 6-1 wins. They were a joy to walk and honestly we hardly put a foot wrong in either of the games.

The two draws see us second but still in touch with first, so we stand a good chance of doing the domestic triple!

Finances | Transfers

£1.5m in the bank and upgrading all of my facilities and this is all before Europe comes around which I am looking forward to! The attendances keep rising as well, the highest is over 6500 now!

The Japanese striker may have cost £170k but hes scored 0.99 goals per 90 minutes and has 6 MoM awards, he is also getting some serious interest from other clubs. All of this means that he is now valued at £250k!

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

Just been approached again:

245.jpg

Still only national reputation! I'm going to reject it as I am really getting places now. The weird thing is that they are only 3 games into the season, predicted to be 8th and currently 11th.

Flamers

What an absolutely incredible win in a cup final. Just out of interest, how much are you earning? In my career my game has experienced a bug, and although the board have offered me larger contracts (around 3000K per week) it still says that I'm stuck on a measly £650. Have you had that too?

kfklogo.png

Season 11 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

We played well this season as you can see by the huge amount of green dots. Due to our consistently good performances we completed the triple, we also came very close to doing the domestic quadruple, only a savegame failing to load stopped it which was very annoying! The highlight performances for me have to be the 7-0 win over FH in the Deildabikar cup final avenging our Supercup defeat! The 1-1 draw with Rubin in Russia, only a poor performance at home stopped us going through. The 9-0 win against Vikingur O was also incredible, Yosuke Yoshikawa also got 6 goals that game to show how good he is!

We simply dominated the league but we had a little wobble near the end which nearly see me blow it by 1 point. To complete our rout of the league we got the top three goals of the season, 6 players in the team of the year and I won Manager of the Year!

Due to this success I was offered the Brisbane Roar job! I was tempted to take it but I love Iceland too much now.

Finances | Transfers

With £2.1m in the bank now finances don't bother me any more, we are getting new facilities which I'm looking forward to.

We sent out a lot of players on loan and they have a fee I'm also getting money from them!

Key Players

1. Yosuke Yoshikawa. Awesome, no other word. He is 19 and in 42 appearances he has scored 48 goals, honestly he is too good for Iceland but he isn't complaining so I will happily keep him! I brought him for £170k and he value has already risen to £500k.

2. Rafael Claro. Sometimes he used luck more than skill but he did manage 20 clean sheets in 42 appearances which is more than most clubs can dream of, he probably has 2 or 3 more good seasons left in him, luckily I have been buying young keepers who should be able to take up the reigns.

3. Leonel Baiao. He came in as the Runner Up in Footballer of the Year to Roberto Yalta but in my opinion Baiao was a bit more consistent this season, he is also younger so some room to improve as well.

Flamers

I know, he was sat at a Japanese club valued at £230k. He was going to easily be my biggest signing as he was worth 3 times more than all of the players I had brought before but it worked and damn he is good!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 12 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We did well in our friendlies, even winning against an Argentine second division team.

The media now expects us to finish second and the board has really limited my options, it means I need to succeed now! We also turned professional.

Finances | Transfers

The facilities were cancelled even though we have over £2m in the bank, which is really annoying.

Yes, my Japanese striker sold for £1m! It was incredible, I was I could have got more but the chairman took over the deal.

Squad

The team is still good, it's a bit annoying that I lost my striker but oh well I will try and cope with it.

Key Signings

1. Franklin Bastardo. He does have a pretty awesome name, he should also work as a replacement for my Japanese striker.

2. Marco Russo. A good rotation player to give me some depth at the back, he also has some potential.

3. Fielipe Godoy. He should cover all of my left hand side which will be very helpful, he can also play across the defence.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 12 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Lovely shiny green dots. I can't really say much more, we have played well and won every game.

Made a loss so far this season but hopefully gate receipts can keep us making a profit. It's turning Professional which is making it harder.

Transfers | Squad

I loaned out Eric Cousins for £160k up front and £500k future fee, he is valued at £475k and I doubt they will activate the future fee so it's £160k for a season and they pay his wages!

The squad looks awesome simply.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 12 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

Two losses, one knocked me out of the cup which was a bit annoying but oh well. The one draw was a match we dominated but they played Contain and we couldn't find a way through which was very frustrating.

We are sitting pretty at the top of the league which is good and all seems to be going well.

Finances | Transfers

I'm a bit annoyed we are making a loss this season but that's because we are now a professional team but it does mean we are performing better and more consistently.

I released all of my reserve players on free's who were on month to month contract to get my wage bill down.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

Archived