FM11: Mateo Musacchio

Willis

Mateo Musacchio

Mateo Pablo Musacchio, born 26 August 1990 in Rosario, Santa Fe, is an Argentine footballer who plays for Villarreal CF in Spain, as a central defender.

n_m_musacchio_mateo_musacchio-1357492.jpg

This is him in game (about 5 or so months into the first season):

72768651.png

I originally bought this guy based on a recommendation from my scout with 20 for both JPA and JPP, given that he rated him as a player with four star potential and the ability to be better than Vermaelen. He cost 11.75 million, but based on his performances so far, he looks like he will definitely be worth it. He tackles well, and his speed and anticipation make him really useful against quick forwards. He has also chipped in with the odd goal for me from corners and, against Man Utd, he even managed to get an assist as a makeshift RB after Sagna was injured early on in the match. Moreover, his technical ability is quite good for a defender which, whilst not vital, is another positive associated with his game. I'm not sure if he has a fixed personality or not, but in my particular game, his determination is pretty poor, so some tutoring might be required.

Looking at his current stats, though, in conjunction with the scout report and his performances for my Arsenal side, you would think that he has all the makings of a gun CB. As such, it's definitely worth taking a look at him in game, and although I'm not 100% certain on this, I'm pretty sure he has Italian as a second nationality, so no work permit is needed when buying him.

Anyway, that's it for now. Anyone else have any thoughts on or experience with Musacchio in FM11?

• 2 weeks later...

Took a while, but I've finally finished my first season, and Mateo continues to impress.

He made 33 starts for an average rating of 7.44 and has seen many of his stats improve. As well as that, he has now turned into a wonderkid and made his international debut for Argentina, so things are looking good for him.

He needs a bit more tutoring to boost his determination, but he is definitely on the way to becoming a world class defender.

Can't believe some of you think I overpaid :D

Got him for 4.5m in the january window of the second season. Trained him to be able to step in on right back as well, and mostly playing him there when i give him time - my CB's (Shawcross and Toloi) are way better right now, and i think it's disappointing how he's progressed. On 2,5 stars now with potential to reach 3,5 i guess he isn't going to turn into a world class player. Oh well!

Bought this panther in January 2011 for £8.5M because he has certain traits that reminds me of the legendary Roberto Ayala. So who better to bring in to tutor him? Couple of months later his mental traits had shot through the roof and he is now the lynchpin of my defense together with Otamendi.

I also bought him in January 2011, for $11M (my game is in dollars), for my At.Madrid team. One thing about him: everybody loves him. We are in season 2015-2016, I just made him a captain, and the entire team was jubilant. The fans love him too, and it says they have "affinity" with him. Very loyal, after 1 season we were already his favorite team and many of our players are on his Favored list.

Pros: his rating is rarely below 7.20, reliable defender, he also plays great with head, and actually bangs a lot of goals that way. When my strikers happen to be on cold streak, here comes Mateo. LOL

Cons: he is a bit "dirty". Picks up cards, fouls, and few times we acquired a penalty because of him. Gets about 1 direct red per season. But to be honest, as he gets older he plays cleaner. You have to be patient with him, he will improve.

After season 2, he's still dominating for me, averaging 7.40 for the year.

He is a part of my first choice CB pairing now, and is also a regular for Argentina. His stats are starting to look pretty impressive too, although I'm slightly worried about his determination as I've only managed to get it up to 13 at this point in time. Hopefully in his final round of tutoring I can get it up to at least 15, but we'll see what happens.

In any case, he's certainly an amazing player, and is pretty technically sound for a CB as well, so I would definitely recommend him to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Signing him to partner Otamendi on my Porto game in January during first season. The other centre halves are OK, but he seems to have a lot of aspects to his game already in place with a lot of scope still to improve. Anybody able to post a screen shot of him a couple of seasons in wth a decent coaching set up in place?

Archived