Robot Wars sign up

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id say

Chip Butty - World Wars,

Alex Seddon - Regional Wars

Chris Owen - The Gauntlet

on the other hand i didn't think my player would be moved to the under 19s at Sevilla hoping in a year he will be on the move at least on loan and hoping the high determination attribute will aid in his development along with the good facilities at Sevilla...but professional Debut at 16 is pretty good even though it's not in the league. At least i was cautios this time round. Well done jim owen

thanks almundo and kcar its comments like that that make this worth doing.

Deadline for any grudge matches or challenge belt bids is 9pm on the 30th, this is also the deadline for your predictions as that update will feature the next rounds in those competitions, after the update the predictions competition for goal crazy will open

Thanks for the screenshots, do I get cash for keeping the belt

Predictions

Dead Metal for world wars

Chris Owen for Gauntlet Glory.

Yeah £10,000 for every successful retention, i also need your predictions for regional wars, same with ishu who pm'ed me his

My greatest appologies must go to romanista and fearthainn as i have just realised neither of your players have featured in an update so far, although remember if you have a quiet run and want to see updates on your player you can always enter a grudge match or challenge belt

update in 2 and a half hours now, you have that long to submit any challenges for the belt, just tp let you know you could get it for very cheap this time so it may be worth a bid with £7,500 available to any winner and £10,000 for every sucessful retention, all biuds in by PM please

Welcome to the November show, coming up we have the first two quarter finals of the world wars, a semi final in the English regional was, The Gauntlet quarter final and the remaining heats of goal frenzy including for the first time we will get to see Lucas Volman and Gon Pereira, as well as all that we will see if Dami can retain his challenge belt.

World Wars Quarter Final One

Pundit

On paper this battle should be a walkover, Chip Butty has been performing reasonably well so far in the competition whereas Sen Siri is at a club who don’t even play but as you all know anything can happen in robot wars. First we have the results of your predictions, to win the world wars:

Chip Butty 55%

Dead Metal 36%

Joe Tompkins 9%

Battle

Chip Butty had a good star to the month as he started the first game against AFC Wimbledon rating at 7.7 in the 2-1 win. He was then left out completely for the defeat to Luton, before coming on as a substitute at half time in the draw with Southport; unfortunately he was injured in the 55th minute and will be out for between 4 and 5 months

Score 7.7

Sen Siri is still at Westerlo and so has not made any more appearances, he has however made two appearances for Thailand against UAE and Qatar where he was rated 7.3 and 7.9 so he has some talent as he showed in these two friendly’s.

Score 0

Pundit

Well that went as predicted with Chip Butty winning, although he sustained a lot of damage and will have to hope he can repair it in time for the semi final.

World Wars Quarter Final Two

Pundit

Liam Ferguson was very lucky to make it to the quarter final so you would probably expect Joe Tompkins to progress here.

Battle

Joe Tompkins missed the entire month battling with his injury which is still expected to keep him out for between another 5 to 7 weeks.

Score 0

Liam Fergusson is still training with Hartlepool’s U18s and didn’t make a single appearance for the clubs first team. He will however be very grateful his contract has been extended till 2014 although he is still on £55 a week.

Score 0

Judges

Well we feel we have to give it to Joe Tompkins as he only missed play through injury whereas Liam Ferguson was fit throughout yet still failed to make an appearance.

Pundit

That was a dull match; Joe Tompkins is through to the Semi Final but will have to perform much better if he is to make the final.

English Regional War Semi Final One

Pundit

Looking at their form during the heats you have to say that Alex Seddon is the clear favourite here, but before we go to the match here are the results of your predictions of who will win the English Regional wars;

Chip Butty 67%

Alex Seddon 33%

Battle

Alex Seddon started the first match of the month against Shrewsbury, where he was rated 6.8, unfortunately for him during this match he picked up an injury that is expected to keep him out for another 3 or 4 months

Score 6.8

Marcus Van Der Cook is still with the u18 side at Coventry and didn’t make a single appearance for the first team this month.

Score 0

Pundit

The match went as predicted although Alex Seddon will have to recover from his injury before the final

Gauntlet First Quarter Final

Pundit

This time the random number generator came up with number 5 which is least cards racked up, once again this is done on an average system so as not to penalise people who play more games, 1 red card is equal to two yellows. Sir Killalot is the favourite to progress but who will go through with him is anyone’s guess. First we will see the results of your predictions for the Gauntlet winner:

Chris Owen 92%

Sir Killalot 8%

Battle

Sir Killalot started the first game of the month in the 1-1 draw with Peterborough and played 62minutes without picking up a card before being subbed off. He started on the bench for the 3-0 FA cup first round win over Shrewsbury but came on to pick up another 33 minutes without a card. He Started the Johnston’s Paint Trophy defeat to Huddersfield gaining a further 62 minutes without a card before coming off the pitch; he came off the bench in the defeat to Plymouth before picking up an injury which will keep him out for a further 6 weeks.

Score 0 in 181mins

Ishu made no appearances for hearts and is still with their u19 side; this won’t be the case for much longer though as he has agreed to join Olympique Lyonnais in January, the deal netting hearts £160k

Score N/A

Chris Hatton wasn’t picked for the first match of the month against Prato, before finally making his first appearance off the bench in the 2-1 defeat to Fano, playing for 15 minutes without picking up a card. He again came off the bench against Gavorrano scoring the winning goal and going a further 26 minutes without a card

Score 0 in 41mins

Pundit

So the two who progressed both did very well with neither picking up a card, Ishu will have to hope that he will get more playing time at Lyon who are currently top of the French League.

1) Sir Killalot

2) Chris Hatton

Goal Frenzy Heat C

Adam Alonso is still yet to make his first team appearance at Barcelona

Score 0

Sir Killalot started the first game of the month in the 1-1 draw with Peterborough and played 62minutes before being subbed off. He started on the bench for the 3-0 FA cup first round win over Shrewsbury but came on to pick up another 33 minutes of game time. He Started the Johnston’s Paint Trophy defeat to Huddersfield before he came off the bench in the defeat to Plymouth later picking up an injury which will keep him out for a further 6 weeks. He failed to score a goal in every match he played.

Score 0

Gon Pereira has made plenty of appearances for Derry City over the past few months including playing in there one and only game this month the 3-1 win over Athlone Town, the good news for him is that he managed to score one goal, the bad news is this was Derry city’s last game of the season and he will have hop he is not playing till march to stand any chance of progress unless he moves in January. Also in good news for him is that he picks up £2000 in competition cash as Derry City won the First Division.

Score 1

Judges

Easy decision to make here, Sir Killalot played and Adam Alonso didn’t so Sir Killalot Progresses

1) Gon Pereira

2) Sir Killalot

Goal Frenzy Heat D

Lucas Volman has finally started appearing regularly for San Marino coming off the bench in the draw against Crociati Noceto to score the equaliser, he was an unused sub in the match against Sangiovannese before he started the final match of the month which ended in defeat. He has a new contract which will see him stay at the club until 2014 on £55 a week.

Score 1

Alesi Shotronne was injured in a reserve match and is expected to be out for a further 2 or 3 months, meaning he will have to wait longer for his debut at Palermo.

Score 0

Ishu made no appearances for hearts and is still with their u19 side; this won’t be the case for much longer though as he has agreed to join Olympique Lyonnais in January, the deal netting hearts £160k

Score 0

Judges

We had to decide who would go through alongside Lucas Volman and it was a very tough decision, in the end purely because he got a transfer out of Hearts Ishu is getting 2nd place

1) Lucas Volman

2) Ishu

Pundit

Well the draw for the quarter finals has been made

1) Chris Owen Vs Armadou Traore-Mcnamee

2) Joe Tompkins Vs Panic Attack

3) Gon Pereira Vs Ishu

4) Sir Killalot Vs Lucas Volman

My predictions are for Chris Owen to win the first, Panic Attack the second, Ishu the third and Lucas Volman the fourth. That would leave the Semi Finals as follows;

Chris Owen vs Ishu

Lucas Volman

I expect Chris Owen to win the first while Lucas Volman should progress automatically as the house robots can’t compete in the semi finals. The final would then be Chris Owen vs Lucas Volman which I expect Chris Owen to just win although it will be close. Now its time for you to submit your predictions to win some money.

Challenge Belt Battle

Pundit

Once again we have a challenge, Dami took the belt last time and will this time have to defend against the might of Joe Tompkins who won with a £6,000 bid.

Battle

Dami started the first game of the month scoring a 6.8 in the win over AFC Wimbledon, he came on as a sub in the defeat to Luton too late to be given a rating before starting the draw with Southport and rating 6.8. In the win against Eastbourne Boro he was rated at 6.9, before scoring two and rating 9.3 in the final game of the month against Kidderminster.

Score 7.45

Joe Tompkins missed the entire month battling with his injury which is still expected to keep him out for between another 5 to 7 weeks. This was a terrible time for him to choose to battle for the belt as most other times his more powerful robot would probably win, lets hope he challenges again when his robot is repaired.

Score 0

Money Left (After November Prize Money)

1) ggrive £55,000

2) Adam C £40,000

3) RoryS08 £35,000

4) Fearthainn £32,000 (+£2,000)

5) ash261091 £30,000

6) toonbalmy £30,000

7) joetheref £29,000 (-£6000)

8) Stonini90 £25,000

9) kcar_92 £25,000

10) romanista1994 £25,000

11) Coldkohmew £25,000

12) Dami £17,500 (+£10,000)

13) sense3 £15,000

14) Moonshine £13,000

15) Greenwhitearmy £10,000

16) Almondo £10,000

17) Ishu £10,000

18) 5ergio £10,000

19) cookie15 £5,000

20) sloppyderek £0,000

21) fergieSAFC £0,000

22) m1234566778 £0,000

23) hatton90 £0,000

24) Greasy chip butty £0,000

Figured the thread has been going long enough to post this, Are you enjoying my sign-up? Please give it a rating, its the little button at the top right hand side of the page, it only takes a few seconds of your time and gives me an idea of how much your enjoying this, also if you have any ideas for improvements please let us know, I already have some ideas for new events which will take place in the second wars and there will be some changing of the costs of certain events

Hi Jim,

Is GG Donovan having some first team football or he's still stuck in the u18?

Still in the u18's i'm afraid.

For anyone out of all competitions if you want updates you can always enter grudge matches or challenge belt battles, also everyone will receive an end of season detailed update in June plus a start of season update at the end of August before the competitions restart.

put me in any i dont mind erm and i cant remember how much each event cost

They are all in the opening post, but we have already started and you entered competitions remember, have you not been following this sign up at all, i am putting a lot of effort in here so the least you could deo is actually read it, you were the one who chose to sign up. Are you still interested in this because if you are I would like you to read all the updates i have done, if not please can you tell me now so i can stop wasting time with you updates.

Must say I'm very disappointed with the following people they all missed out on the chance of some extra money due to not reading the updates, I am putting a lot of effort in so it would be a lot nicer for me if you all could read the updates and post some responses.

sense3

roryS08

greenwhitearmy

stonini90

fergieSAFC

m1234566778

cookie15

romanista1994

adamC

Moonshine

toonbalmy

fearthainn

I would just like to say thankyou very much to the ones not on that list who are posting regularly it makes it all worthwhile, also there are a couple on that list who are posrting regularly and obviously just skimming the updates so I am less annoyed at you, although you may like to read more in detail in future.

26 hours to get your Goal Frenzy Predictions in Please, only two have done so far

Archived