[FM11] "More Clubs than tiger woods pt 2"

jackripper

After long debating wether to wait for the patch i decided as no date has been set yet i would start now as im intching to play FM more than BO at the moment.

After my pretty succesful fm 10 career http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/208416-FM10-More-clubs-than-Tiger-Woods. Ive decided part 2 would now take place. Ive loaded leagues

Belgium,England,Holland,France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Portugal,Scotland. Not all to the lowest league as my pc would probably die on me.

As there seems to be a little problem with getting jobs ive decided i would start with Sunday League footballer but to choose a club i would pick random and who ever is first out the hat that is who i would be unless its one of the big teams.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

antwerp.gif

So my first job would be in a league ive never played even loaded before so i head off to the 2n division to under acheivers Royal Antwerp.

Royal Antwerp Football Club is a Belgian football club, from the city of Antwerp in Antwerp Province. Antwerp became the first football club to register to the Belgian Football Association and consequently received matriculation number one. In 1900, most of the players left the club for the new Beerschot VAC. It is also the last Belgian team to play in a European cup final (namely the Cup Winners' Cup) in 1993, losing 3-1 to Parma at Wembley Stadium.

Royal Antwerp also have a long-term partnership with the English club Manchester United, often taking their young players on loan so that their development can be aided with first team football, and young players who require European work-permits can benefit from Belgium's more relaxed laws. An example is Dong Fangzhuo, who was unable to play for Manchester United immediately due to work permit problems and was loaned to allow him to gain first team experience.

Despite being one of Belgium's best-supported clubs, Antwerp have floundered in the second tier of the league for several years and are perennial under-achievers.

My rep is set at Sunday League footballer and the media predicts we should finish 2nd and get promoted. We currently play our home games in Bosuill that holds just under 15000 with around 12000 seated. Its a run down stadium as you can see.

89Bosuil.jpg&t=1

we have a young squad with the average age of 21 and should walk this league in all honesty but footballs a funny game. My squad when i arrived and sorted out is below.

antsqud1.jpg

Antwerp F.C 2010/11 End of season review

So ive just finished my first season in my managerial career

League Table--We become champions after a slow start to the season. The players i brought in on loan were a huge difference, We had the best defensive record in the league which was the foundation to us winning the title. The media predicted we would finish 2nd so its not as if we werent capable of winning. Next season will be a challenge.

Belgian Cup--The competition didnt really bother me as such as i was aiming to get promoted. we went out in the 5th round losing 1-0 to Deinze.

Squad--We have the youngest squad in the league which did well at times but it was my defence that impressed me the most with the best defensive record in the division. Magnus Eikrem was the man pulling the strings in the middle of the park for us but our strikers didnt seem to know how to hit a barn door with my top scorer reaching 9 goals in total. a goalscorer is needed if we are going to survive next season.

Finance--The main downfall of the club with huge monthly repayments on loans drinking all the money we made which in Belgium second division isnt much. We currently sit just undr £3million in the red. This is a major problem as money in Belgian football is not the greatest. one silver lining is that most loans will be paid by the end of 2011.

Transfers--With a transfer budget of £0 and me currently spending all of my wage budget i knew bringing in players would be virtually impossible. I raided parent club to loan young AMC Eikrem on a season loan. Also managed to bring in GK Kone on loan along with Brazilian DMC Ramon and Tore from English side Chelsea. I managed to sell Pivaljevic for £8k but that went straight to debt payments.

Key Players

Magnus Eikrem--On loan from Manchester United and oozed quality in the middle of the park, His contract with his parent club is ending so hopefully we can sign him but so far hes refusing to open contract talks.

Jasper Vermeerbergen--My centre back who was a key player in shutting out the oppositions attackers.

Thomas Philbel]--My other centre back who put in strong performances all year and only23 years old, Has a great future at the club.

Managers thoughts

A brilliant season as we get promoted at the first time of asking but the financial problems are a major concern for the club as no money equals no better players. We are currently in need of new players that will keep us up but with no money avaialble anywhere i find its going to be mission impossible.

Manager Profile--Winning the title as bumped my reputation up a smidge but not enough to get me recognised in Belgium never mind Europe. Im not expecting any calls over the summer from other bigger clubs so its probably another season with Antwerp. Its not my ambition to stay at the club, This is more a stepping stone to hopefully bigger and better things. But as you know you crawl before you walk

Season   Country   League             Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Belgium   Second League      1st         League Champions

Manager awards
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 ????????????

Latest news

I wasnt sure if this was regulation for us moving up a division but my board decided to install underground heating which is fantastic for the club but its costing me a whopping £2million. Im currently around £4.5 million in debt, most debts have now been paid but we still owe out £39k a month on one last debt until 2036, which i wont be here to see paid off. Hopefully we start making some money know as were in desperate need for it.

On a personal note i was offered a 3 year contract with a wage of around £3.4k per week but i decided to negoitate it to a one year contract on £1.3k pw so a pay cut in all, Where as this could backfire as it wont cost much to fire me if things go bad it also allows bigger clubs hopefully approach me as compensation wouldnt be excessive for the club willing pay it.

Oh and my star centre back Thomas Philben wants to move to a bigger club but it was rejected by mself he certainlly isnt happy but tough. And the transfer budget i was given was a whopping £0 but my wage budget has risen to around £36k to offer, With me using around half that it gives me something to play with i suppose.

Sky sports Breaking news

Eidur-Gudjohnsen-006.jpg

Belgium minnows mamage to pull of a huge scoup when they persuaded former Barcelona star Eidur Gudjonhnsen to the club. The Ex Chelsea player was out of contract and was looking for a club before being approached by Jack Ripper. He currently agreed a 2 year contract worth to be around £5k per week. This is a huge coup for such a small club in Belgium. The fans and everybody are praising Rippers judgement by bringing the Icelandic star to Antwerp.

Eidur was qouted to have said he was pleased to have joined Antwerp and is looking forward to once again playing football regardless of the clubs financial state.

Tycoon buys Antwerp

tycoonv.jpg

After 4 months i finally get the news i was hoping for when Belguim Tycoon took full control of Antwerp. Things are finally looking good for the future of the club. I decided straight away to see what they could offer and requested a new contract which they accepted. Then i went for the big one where i asked for a new stadium and to my suprise they agreed with me. Wow is all i can say. i still havent had money made available for transfers but our debts have been wiped compeltly too. Im now excitied for times ahead.

Antwerp F.C 2011/12 End of season review

Before we start i thought id share this with you. Money is flowing at me from everywhere and im loving it.With youth and training facilities being upgraded and a new stadium on the way, We should be approaching next season as title contenders. As long as we do good deals in the transfer window.

cashp.jpg

League Table--Survival was my objective and survival was what i got, Only just though as we sweat it out near the end when we met fellow strugglers Lokeren in a 6 pointer. We managed to pull a 3-1 win and move above them in the table and managed to hold out even though we lost last 2 games towards end. So did they and we survive.

Euro playoff places--I didnt really know how the league worked but after the 30 games we were put in a draw which possibly means i could enter Europe. We started with 3 defeats then i changed my whole team and won our last 3 but finished 2nd in the group but still went out.

Squad--With no transfer dealing apart from Eidur it was down to the team that got me here to keep me here and they did, But only just. Im looking to do a major overhaul of the squad if the finances are good enough. I dont want to be in another relegation fight.

Finances--From one of the poorerst to possibly the richest in Belguim after our tycoon take over we have around £30million in the bank balance. Oh and no debts what so ever. Things are looking great.

Transfers--A transfer budget of £0 but doubled wage bill saw how it would affect my transfer dealings with me managing to bring in Eidur Gudjohnsen on a free 2 year contract, That was all i could do in the market. I released a few youth players nothing worth shouting about.

Next Season

I plan on a major overhaul of the squad if i get good money in the transfer market. mid table should be the least objective but a title fight might not be out of question depending on who i bring in. A place in Europe would be a huge bonus.

2011/12  Belgium   Pro League         14th        Avoided Relegation

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a

Antwerp F.C 2012/13 Transfers

Kofi Adjei--Great midfeilder with technique and a first touch that would make Berbatov proud. Signed for a measly £7k, Bargain of the century?

Ibrahime sory Balde--Another bargain under £10k as we agree to bring promising D/MR Balde to the club. high hopes of this player.

Den Belt--AMR who will atomatically start as my first team winger on the right, His pace and corner taking will be valuable to the club. cost £2.5million.

Ibanez--A strong centre back who loves a challenge. Strong in the tackle and in the air also. Possibly my number one centre back despite being only 17 years old.

Kone--My numbr 1 goalkeeper with out a shadow of a doubt. some improvements needed but looking good overall.

Pereira--Yound left back who could take my 1st team spot. Stength seems to be a weakness but his passing is a joy to watch. will improve in huge strides hopefully.

Peter Smith--17 year old Striker who is not as good as finishing as other strikers in the squad but all round game makes him stick out especially his team work. I he works as hard for himself as he does the team could become a world beater.

Volf 'Man'--The Volf man as i call him came for around £35k and plays right back, will probably start as cover before pushing for a first team place.

So with transfers now done possibly i spent around £5mil out of a £16mil budget,I spent most summer looking at young players recomended by scouts and they certainly didnt disapoint and earn there £300 p/w wage. We unearthed some gems for a club of our size. I also released all my back room staff and brought in better coaches most notably Andy Cole whowill teach my strikers how to finally score. So in all a majr overhaul of the club as i planned. Still have around £5million in the bank which il keep for a rainy day. Shocking how i can say that considering the last two seasons ive had no budget what so ever. Very exctied for the new season which is fast approaching.

Antwerp F.C 2012/13 End of season review

League Table--Brillaint is all i can say as we make a huge push in the 2nd half of the season to finish runners up behind Standard. Very happy with pipping Anderlecht to 2nd place and champions league football here we come..whooooooooooooooooooooooo

Belguim Cup--no interest in this competition yet as we went out to D2 side and eventual winners Roeselare in the quarter final stage.

Squad--Brilliant performances from all my young players, Especially Peter Smith who looks great scoring 11 goals in his debut season. bit disapointed with gago considering his class he should have brought. Will be expecting much better next season.

Finances--With around £29million in the bank things are looking good for the club and its future, Wether thats with me or not. A great financial footing to take the club forward.

Transfers--With my new wealth i dipped straight into the transfer market with mainly youth players signed so the future is good. We also managed to sign Willians and Ivanshcitz who came in the janaury window and helped us fire up the league as we finish runners up. I also release a few players who were no where near the clubs standards.

key players

Belaid-A great purchase as the striker bangs in 16 goals in 35 games and also contributing 10 assists. A class act.

Van Den Belt--this guy blew me out the water 14 goals in 39 app followed by 23 assists shows how mature he is considering hes only 17 years old. Big things epected.

Ivanshitz--we seemed to be struggling on the left as we had one recognised left winger in the squad before bringing this guy in. Helped a huge towards our push for 2nd place even though he only played 15 games.

Next Season

To hopefully qualify for the group stages of the Champions league. If the draw is kind to us. somehow i doubt it but its a start. Also domestically to challenge for the title and improve my defence. Goals scoring is not the problem. Its conceding them that is.

Season Country League Position Achievements
2010/11 Belgium Second League 1st League Champions
2011/12 Belgium Pro League 14th Avoided Relegation
2012/13 Belgium Pro league 2nd Runners up

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2012/13 3rd place manager of year.

Antwerp F.C 2013/14 End of season review

With champions League football on the cards this season we would need better players to take us forward. I made 2 exciting signings in the summer which you wont beleive so carry on reading to find out who.....

League Table--WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Even if we did somehow buy the title i dont care. When people look in the record books they cant see that little bit of info. We smashed goalscoring records along the way to which ws great but still conceded a lot of goals.

Cups-- Well we drew Porto in the 1st round qualifying and after a 1-1 draw at there ground i was confident we could win and a 1-0 win at home meant we would face Sevilla in the final leg. We came unstuck with an agg 8-4 score losing the 2nd leg 6-3 att there ground. We entered the Euro league and did very well, The table finishingEuro Group Table like thissaw us top the group enexpectedly,We drew Lille then and 2 score draws saw us sneak through on away goals. We then faced Portugese side Nacional who blew us away losing 4-1 and 5-1 respectively.

Finances--Money dropped a bit from last season but we still have a cool £20 million in the clubs bank balance.

Transfers--Right so we move on to the good bit. I only signed 2 players and what 2 players they were. I remember scouting Steven Defour in a match to compare him to Gago and when i was given news he was avaialble for free i jumped on the first coach and headed to him myself with contract in hand. We talked the deal through and we both agreed he would come to the club. Not only have we a great midfeilder we also had him from rivals Standard..for free aswell.I was well chuffed, But then as i was finalising the deal i was told that Podolski was available for transfer for £5million, I spoke to the chairman who agreed we could finance the deal and we managed to pull of a coup of the century when he gladly accepted to join. How excited was i for the season to begin.I also released more players on frees as no one wouldpay anything for them.

Squad-Wow just wow is all i got to say as my players step up to the plate and become champions with brilliant performaces from the whole squad. Mainly Defour, Van der Belt and Smith again.

Key Players

Van der Belt--Once again my young superstar pulls out all the tricks and is become a world beater, 33 assists, 17 goals in 55 games shows he is fast improving every year. this player makes me drool.

Podolski]--Debut season and smashes records virtually week in week out. League and club top scorer with 39 goals in 54 games. Absolute beast!!!!!

Periera--My young defender stepped in mainly for cover and boy did he perform. Kept my main full backs on there toes all season. Will become huge part of team next season.

Next Season

to be honest im a bit confused. I have 1 year left on mycontract and requested a new one but the owners said they didnt want to offer me one. Not impressed at all. Somethin to do with if its right for the club or along them lines. So possibly this could be my last season at the club or maybe they will see the job im doing and reward my hard work. If not screw them theres always other seas and lands to explore.

Season Country League Position Achievements
2010/11 Belgium Second League 1st League Champions
2011/12 Belgium Pro League 14th Avoided Relegation
2012/13 Belgium Pro league 2nd Runners up
2013/14 Belgium Pro League 1st League Champions

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY

Antwerp F.C 2014/15 End of season review

With me having 1 year left on my contract and no sign of a new one i went into the campaign determined to prove my worth to the club.

League Table--No title this year as we finish 3rd place, Well joint 2nd on points. Disapointed not to win the title again. could go against me winning a new contrct.

Cups--We were drawn in champions league group alongside Real Madrid, Dynamo Keiv and Porto. We managed to exceed expectation of being the whipping boys to finish 3rd in the group. We qualified for Euro Cup where we faced Napoli and lost the game 4-2 on agg. The belgium cup was a different story as we became winners with a hard earned 3-2 win over Westerlo see me win every cup in Belgium that has to offer.

Finances--still hovering around the £30million mark. no signs of danger here to be honest.

Squad]--Some great performances from certain players but a few raised eyebrows with some shocking dispalys for the talent these playets have.

Transfers--Considering were one of the richest clubs in Belgium we didnt make any new signings apart from Tafer who came in from feeder club Lyon on loan, I didnt really need him to be honest but it will help. I also loaned out 3 players to give them a taste of different cultures in football. Players like Gago and Defour could do so much better in this league.

Key Players

Podolski--Once again steps up to the plate banging in goals from all over the pitch. A brilliant player for the club. Why no one wants him is beyond me.

Van Den Belt--Superstar ready to be unleashed. Improves dramatically every single season. My favourite player at the club.

Ivanshitz--Stepped up in all the big games with great performances all season. Happy to sit on bench aswell when needed.

2012/13  Belgium   Pro league         2nd         Runners up
2013/14  Belgium   Pro League         1st         League Champions
2014/15  Belgium   Pro League         3rd         Belgium Cup Winners

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15

New contract????????????

So with me being in my final year of my contract i was a bit disapointed i had to wait so long but i decided to be patient to see what the future held for me. I just finished my 5th year at the club and in Belgian football. I won 2 titles and 2 cups If you count the belgium community sheild a trophy. My players jetted off on there holidays and still no sign of a contract so i didnt know wether or not i was being shown a sign that i wasnt wanted anymore. I dont know! Maybe the board think ive taken them as far as i could and needed to bring in a more experienced and known manager. Then all of a sudden i was offered a new 4 year contract worth a massive £6k per week. I decided to think it over...Will i sign with a club that i have built from virtually scrap? Did the board show me no respect by offering me a contract earlier? Was it a master stroke by the board to keep me on my toes..All these thoughts ran thorugh my head as i decided........................................................

I would not be a very happy manager if I was you. It seems like they were holding out on you.

I would still stay though. He has the finances to succeed. So stay jackripper, unless it's a real big club with even more money.

Money talks in this world. Don't make rash decisions. :p

Decisions Decisions!!

After doing some soul searching and taking a little break away from football, I was scheduled to meet with the chairman in regards to my contract. I was offered a new 5 yes thats 5 year deal to take the club further. I didnt really see myself staying that long as i have other countries i would like to manage in so i decided to negotiate it down to......

contractl.jpg

As you can see i agreed a 1 year contract with the hope a bigger club comes in for me and wouldnt be scared off due to compensation matters. However this could back fire as it wouldnt cost the chairman much to also set me on my way. So with that signed i now move onto the next season with great hope. I also decided i would hit the transfer market as hard as i could to have a major push in europa league. We will see.................

cheersa.jpg

This made me feel special...................

Antwerp F.C 2015/16 End of season review

League Table--so possibly mylast season and after finishing 3rd i was determined to win back the title and we did itwith quite an ease to be fair. 7 points seperated us from 2nd place so overall a good cup win even if it was expected.

Euro League--well where to start? The 4-0 drubbing of United? reaching the Quarter final? We played some of the european giants and stood proud as we beat teams like united, Monaco and Dortmund before losing heavily to Marseille who we managed to beat in the group stages.

Belgian Cup--didnt bother me but lost in Semi Final to Mons to go out.

Squad--Fantastic as we walk the domestic league title and beat some of the biggest names in Europan football. A specialshout out to Podolski who bangs in 62 goals. Amazing!!

Finances--Still hovering around £30million.

Transfers--2 big signings this summer as i wanted to make a push in europe. We spent £11.5mil on Chelsea defender Antonio Rossip who was fantastic and adapted to the style of football with ease. The next big arrival probably saw me overspend on another defender Frederico De Paolo who cost me £10 million.

Key Player

Lukas Podolski--After scoring 62 goals and smashing more records who else could my key player be? Just astonishing how good this guy is. Its a shame he isnt 21 because dam im gonna miss him when he retires.

2012/13  Belgium   Pro league         2nd         Runners up
2013/14  Belgium   Pro League         1st         League Champions
2014/15  Belgium   Pro League         3rd         Belgium Cup Winners
2015/16  Belgium   Pro League         1st         League Winners.

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15 n/a
2015/16 3rd place

The future

So with my reputation now continental i decided to push the boat out and apply for some bigger jobs in Europe. I applied for the vacant Real Madrid job which in honest was expecting a knock back but you never know. I also applied for jobs with Bayern and Atl Madrid. Still no response as of yet but this came in....

endof.jpg

so i take it they saw me applying for jobs as a bit of disrespect but i am starting to feel stagnated in Belgium and needed a fresh approach to my career. I won everything i could in Belgium and deffo leave the club in a healthy situation. So as i headed down to the job centre along with my p45 i applied for a few jobs but one i didnt is one i had got offered..........................

wales-flag-ripped-muscles_design.png

wales1.jpg

wales2.jpg

So with out me not being out of a job for long i headed straight into the world of International management with Wales. I didnt really think i would have hope but i was totally shocked when i saw that Wales had won the European Championships in 2017. Beating France 1-0 in the final. So with that now adding pressure to the job which i thought me qualifying for a major tournament would be seen as historic. But i guess not. With the squad being managed around Bale and Ramsey it was up to me to continue that as there probably 2 of the best players in World football at the moment.

I will also be looking for a club job also.

Home Coming

With me now settled in my Wales job i still decided i would apply for club jobs and after being rejected by the likes of Fiorentina, Juventus and Aston Villa i was offered the chance to return to my home country of England with

qprb.jpg

Now with the squad sitting in 21st place after 10 games it seemed avoiding relegation would be my concern. The transfer wndow had closed and i have around £7.5million waiting to be spent. The squad is an ageing one and is in desperate need of players all over the squad. Roll on Janaury.

Archived