[FM11][RELEASED] Rowan's Regen Replacements (Cut-Out Style)

RowRow78

Would you like to see this feature added back into the game?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this feature added back into the game?

WITH THE RECENT FM UPDATE THIS FUNCTION IS NOW RESTORED - THANKS FOR LISTENING SI!!!

Like previous FMs I hate the regen images, and like to use my own pictures to replace the regens in my team.

Last year I released a pack with a load of varied cut-outs of players & staff that didn't have UIDs...I spotted a flaw with this when a lot of the pics then got ID numbers in FM11.

I've been collecting HQ images of college league American footballers/hockey players etc..and have begun cutting out these images to be released in 30 image "Mix packs" for those of you who are like me.

Preview:

Random24copy.pngRandom40.png

This way, as these people will never be in a future FM game the images can be used for ever more. I have also added a "R" regen logo at the bottom to ensure there is no confusion as to if the player is a real life one or not.

However, none of them will be "assigned" you'd need to grab the UID of the regen and save the image you choose as that number and then input that number into the config file to make it work. (Instructions outlined below)

I'll post the packs here as they are completed.

Releases:

* Config file Template

* fmXML - Config file Creator

* Rowan's Regen Replacement Pack 1

* Rowan's Regen Replacement Pack 2

* Rowan's Regen Replacement Pack 3

* Rowan's Regen Replacement Pack 4

* MUCH more available on sortitoutsi.net HERE

A BIG thanks to everyone for helping us find great sources.

Installation Instructions:

1) Unzip the Pack to your desktop or documents.

2) Create a new folder called "Regens" in the following location:

My documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/graphics/faces/regens (You may need to also create folders for graphics & faces)

3) Locate the Player or staff member's UID......In-game, go to preferences>display & sound, then select "show unique IDs", untick "use skin cache" & tick "always reload on confirm".

Wait while it sorts itself out, then go to the player or staff member's info and you'll see a long number underneath the name - something like...139456789123....make a note of this number.

4) Navigate your way back to the Pack of Regens you downloaded and choose an image you feel most resembles the player (ie, skin colour, hair colour, etc) Then RENAME your chosen picture as the ID you made a note of (making sure it retains the .png extension)

5) Move this Image into your Regens Folder you created earlier.

6) Open the "config.xml" template file and replace the "CHANGE ME" words with your obtained UID as shown below:

<record from="CHANGE ME" to="graphics/pictures/person/CHANGE ME/portrait"/>

Changed to:

<record from="139456789123" to="graphics/pictures/person/139456789123/portrait"/>

for example.

7) As the number of replaced images grows so will your config file, simply copy that line and replace the UID numbers each time that correspond with your image. Another way of editing the config file is to use a piece of software called fmXML (Listed above) - this automatically gathers the UIDs within your chosen folder and creates the lines above, so as long as all the images are inside the folder and saved as the correct UID it will create a new config file for you.

8) Go back to your game preferences>Display & Sound, and untick "Show unique IDs" click confirm and hey presto your picture should be there.

I have tried to make a relativity complex process as clear as possible, once you've done it once it should be easy to remember, but if you have trouble let me know.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can open the config file in notepad - no need to download anything. First you need to know the players UID number - either tick the box in preferences or find it using FMRTE. Name the picture the UID number and make a note of it. Then right-click the config file you want to put it in and open with Notepad (assuming you're using Microsfoft Word). What I do is just copy and paste from the code already there. For each player the code is 2 lines. With the new lines you pasted, change the old numbers to the new ones (i.e. the UID appears twice) Make sure the news lines are tabbed correctly and at the end the short two lines ('record' and something) are in the same place. Save and close. Reload skin. Picture should be there.

Thanks for the extra instruction phnompenhandy, but that's kind of what I instruct in the original post that scared him in the first place ;)

Anyway turns out I had already made a video tutorial on using fmXML, but had forgotten about it! Anyway

it is. (Should apply to what we are talking about enough)

They really are terrific Rowan. One suggestion - nearly all regens are 15,16,17 years old, so you want to find pics of real Americans in that age range, and who LOOK in that age range (spotty, greasy hair or stoopid yoof haircuts etc etc - well, maybe not, but definitely look like school kids).

Erm no...as I say, next pack of 30 will be out in about a week.... I will continue until I run out of good pics ;)

On the age issue, I am putting in some staff members as they get regens as well. There will be lots more younger images coming in each pack, I just wanted to get an good mix on the first.

They really are terrific Rowan. One suggestion - nearly all regens are 15,16,17 years old, so you want to find pics of real Americans in that age range, and who LOOK in that age range (spotty, greasy hair or stoopid yoof haircuts etc etc - well, maybe not, but definitely look like school kids).

But they are a lot older most part of the game, so mid-20ies for the players isnt too bad :)

• 4 weeks later...

RowRow. I have really tried to follow your instructions but not being pc literate I am lost. I fear that if I go any further I shall ruin the game itself. Is there any way that the regen faces can bo installed in the same manner as skins? Forgive my ignorance but I am to pc knowledge as Des O'Connor is to entertainment. Yes, I am that bad.

oescus,

there are no other ways for installing these in-game as each person's game is completely different. Have you tried the fmXML method, as that's the easiest?

No but I am trying to pluck up the courage to try. I feared that I might/will cause damage to the game itself. I am really pc stupid.

No but I am trying to pluck up the courage to try. I feared that I might/will cause damage to the game itself. I am really pc stupid.

You can't do anything to break the game! Worst you'll do is not get it working!

I made a tutorial video on how fmXML works, so it's not about being "PC-stupid" it's about "not following instructions properly-stupid" ;)

Bets of luck.

Loving the new pack, but i do have one minor criticism about it..Im not too sure about the really young kids, 2 or 3 of them look about 12..It would be kind of strange, even odd looking, having those pics in the game..Thats just my opinion though of course :) But apart from that, excellent work as always Row :thup:

I try getting the config file but its .txt and not .xml, i'm sure theres a simpler way of getting it, but can't remember how, help?

Well, fmXML is the easiest way to create a config, however if you want to create one manually or can't get fmXML to work, then simply rename the file extension from ".txt" to ".xml" you will still be able to open the file in TextEdit, but now FM will recognise the file also.

Hope this helps

Great packs, Jozza, but I'm having problems downloading pack 3.

Bit of a technophobe, but I have noticed that the first two are hosted by filefront, and I had no problem downloading them, but No 3 is by gamefront. Could this have something to do with it?

Would appreciate your help.

Hi, im not too sure to be honest. Filefront and Gamefront are the same thing. They merged not so long ago. You could try putting in the filefront bit in instead of the gamefront text. It should still point to the same place.

If you cant get it to work I will see about hosting somewhere else.

Archived