Sports Interactive Community

Hi, Comrades!

I submit to your attention the USSR Championship matching the teams from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other former Soviet republics.

03/03/2013 I've released The USSR Championship update for FM 2013.3.

It can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pdhzb8u8vn626b9

20/11/2012 I've released The USSR Championship update for FM 2012.

27/03/2011 The update has been put in line with the latest 11.3 patch. See the changes in comparison to the earlier version in the thread and the presentation of the update here

Here is the table for the Soviet Premier League before the beginning of the new season.

6aa64bb2b15ad700ea13019ccd757382.jpg

There are four competition levels, with three regional divisions at the second, six at the third and tvelwe at the fourth, altogether 22 competitions uniting 498 independent clubs.

This is represents any team with a sizeable roster of players in the post-Soviet space.

Here are the start tables of tier 2 divisions:

5a440800bc95e361753cda016d2f0949.jpg

b2421580cdd84cac87772b0a5b317411.jpg

a01aa08773da27a90529e89e5eb32d38.jpg

Please note that the borders between all divisions have been thoroughly defined and tested, so the geographic distribution will remain as much correct as possible in the subsequent seasons.

Furthermore the teams can participate in 5 domestic cup competitions.

This year I've made special arrangements for participation in European competitions. Each country will delegate its teams corresponding to its rating and these teams will be taken from the USSR chapmionship correspoondingly to their places taken.

b6aeb17bc23f01e5f94a2d3180fa949b.jpg

Let's see this at the example: here CSKA and Zenit qualify for the Champions league as top Russian teams, Shakhtar and Metalist as top Ukrainian teams and BATE despite being only 12th in the final stand also qualifies for the Champions league from Belarus. The representatives for other countries are taken from lower Soviet leagues.

This update is being developed and improved for three years already. It contains tons of data about supporters, stadiums, city locations, derbies, etc. for all 498 featured teams, so you can choose and play any of them being sure that your income corresponds to your stature or that you will not find yourself playing vs grey teams because of unrealistic wage settings.

I do not play FM now myself, but I've put a special effort into testing and making sure that it is fully compatible with the latest 13.3 database version.

Political Disclamer: I do not anyhow dream of resurrecting the Soviet Union or deny the right of any post-soviet teams to play in their home competitions. It is only true that the united championship is much stronger and interesting to play in than any of the united championships apart.

I have been waiting for something like this comrade!!

Just a shame it wont down load! Any possibility of moving it to a download site that doesn't expect you t pay to get 1/2 decent down load speeds?

Also how does the European Continental comps work along side this?

Did you make all players' nationality Soviet?

No. It narrows your possibilities. It might be interesting to, for example, manage a team like Regar and grow players for Tadjik national squad. But of course all former Soviet republics are non-foreign.

Just a shame it wont down load!

Don't be joking. You only have to wait for half a minute to download.

Also how does the European Continental comps work along side this?

Well, at the first year all teams sheduled to participate in European competitions do it, so quite a lot of them play.

At any next year it uses Russian club coefficients, which means that the USSR is 6th in the list delegating 3 teams to the Champion's League and three to the Euro League. The competition is really hard in the championship, but as far as I tested it, in three years Russia has climbed to the 4th position without much of my help.

As far as Ukraine, Belarus, etc are concerned, I didn't lower the coefficients, so just some obscure teams, that still remain in the nation, will be taken for the cups.

I would like to introduce a system take the top ranking teams from each nation (as they retain their nationality) to the European cups, but I don't know how to implement this.

I would like to introduce a system take the top ranking teams from each nation (as they retain their nationality) to the European cups, but I don't know how to implement this.

Yuri a quick thought that I have – maybe as well as your USSR Competions you could still have Cup Competition for each of the nations like Belarus, Georgia and so on with the winners of each entering the Europa League.

That may be quickest/easiest way to implement.

Dear comrades!

Hereby I present Version2 of my USSR Championship update downloadable at:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a7jbw3gh01uaoad

Most important changes:

1) Migration to base version 11.1.0

2) Expansion of the Fourth League to 12 divisions, all clubs fully playable and enjoyable (for the "crapping" fans, of course). This means that this update includes 444 teams - nearly all professional/semi-professional at the post-Soviet space.

3) Change of citizenship for non-Russian non-player staff into Soviet (otherwise the clubs were reluctant to invite them as managers, etc.)

4) General polishing of the division names, borders, rules, schedule, etc.

There is a problem, comrade. Rapidshare says, "Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached." Please upload your file somewhere else, for benefit of Soviet proletariat.

what exactly did you do to make all sides equal, because it sounds this is very Soviet like, everybody is equal some are just more equal than others. Do all the teams have the same financial strength? So does Luch have as much money as Shakter or Zenit? Even if they have similar starting finances, Zenit and Shakter will dominate Dinamo Kiev because of the stadium disperancy. What are the prizes and tv money for the Vishaya Liga?

Do all the teams have the same financial strength?

No. It is not the point. The fact is in the default DB a lot of teams have zero money and zero attendance. So, I've fixed this and input veritable attendance figures for all professional teams.

At each competitional level there is minimum starting money, which the teams get and which allows playing for virtually any team/

Even if they have similar starting finances, Zenit and Shakter will dominate Dinamo Kiev because of the stadium disperancy.

Nothing will prevent you from building a new stadium for DK.

As of the previous year (before Gazzaev's devastation) DK was the leader of the USSR, winning one championship after another and not being anyhow hindered by awkward stadium.

What are the prizes and tv money for the Vishaya Liga?

Of course, there are prises and TV money for all championship levels and the cup in the update. So, you gain money by winning.

Stupid question, but having downloaded the file, where do I copy it to in order to play the Soviet League? I'd like to play the league without effecting any current saved games.

Yury, this is an inspired idea, the Soviet League was the most ethnically and geographically diverse championship in the history of football and the thought of managing in this epic championship has got me excited, probably too excited!

I will probably have multiple profiles in this game, with one manager at a top team in Russia / Ukraine, another at a lower level team, perhaps even one at the bottom of the ladder in Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan etc....I can't wait!! I will be the Soviet Alex Ferguson, Billy Davies and John Beck and all rolled into one!

So, erm, sorry, where do I copy the file to, agan?

Dear Comrades!

I've updated my USSR Championship to version 11.3

The main changes compared to my previous version are:

1) The cast of leagues rebalanced to match 11.3 changes.

2) Added the League cup (Premier and Second div.) and Regional Cups (West Central and East).

3) The championship is now played from spring to autumn (with Russian weather playing from autumn to spring is not fun because of extra-long winter pause).

The USSR Championship for FM ver. 11.3 can be downloaded from http://www.mediafire.com/?6wxiu345v8j2kal

I know nobody has posted in this thread for awhile, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this database.

I may not remember much of the Soviet Union, but this is a lot of fun.

I know nobody has posted in this thread for awhile, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this database.

I may not remember much of the Soviet Union, but this is a lot of fun.

Thank you, CCSUltra, your gratitude was a great stimule to continue working on the update.

Dear Comrades!

I've updated my USSR Championship update to FM 2012.

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pdhzb8u8vn626b9

I remind that this is the most thoroughly polished and complete USSR update ever released.

It currently includes 462 clubs in 22 divisions on four tiers of championship pyramid + 6 cup competitions.

The data about each club has been checked using all relevant sources and stadium capacity and attendance numbers have been corrected.

For FM 2012 version:

The leagues have been revised to reflect the real world changes (several teams ceased to exist, about 40 have been added to regional divisions (fourth level of the club pyramid))

I've also added a great number of small changes to improve the playablilty.

See the top divisions before the beginning of the championship:

The Soviet Premier League:

b580bb6911da93e005f9e2d8b590671a.jpg

The Second League - West

645ac180a790cd1423f01810d6c3288f.jpg

The Second League - Center

d7ad16f164b1f8ea69900a82e570af58.jpg

The Second League - East

5eb996ca215f37e9821ef936666aa1c7.jpg

+ 6 divisions of the Third League and 12 divisions of the Regional League, all and each team in them fully playable.

Should be a very strong league and should also have a large effect on the rest of Europe, e.g. making it easier for nations to qualify for Major Competitions again.

Looks nice, i shall give it a try when i finish my current Dutch save.

does this work for fm12. i am very interested in this to me this would be the best league in world football

Dear comrades, thank you for your appreciation. It is really inspiring.

does this work for fm12. i am very interested in this to me this would be the best league in world football

Yes, it does.

The latest update version has been designed for FM12.0.0

I believe that it works with FM12.1.1, which I've not tested myself because I've not played FM for several months already.

Hi, Comrades!

I submit to your attention the USSR Championship matching the teams from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other former Soviet republics.

It can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pdhzb8u8vn626b9

Here is the table for the Soviet Premier League before the beginning of the new season.

6aa64bb2b15ad700ea13019ccd757382.jpg

There are four competition levels, with three regional divisions at the second, six at the third and tvelwe at the fourth, altogether 22 competitions uniting 498 independent clubs.

This is represents any team with a sizeable roster of players in the post-Soviet space.

Here are the start tables of tier 2 divisions:

5a440800bc95e361753cda016d2f0949.jpg

b2421580cdd84cac87772b0a5b317411.jpg

a01aa08773da27a90529e89e5eb32d38.jpg

Please note that the borders between all divisions have been thoroughly defined and tested, so the geographic distribution will remain as much correct as possible in the subsequent seasons.

Furthermore the teams can participate in 5 domestic cup competitions.

This year I've made special arrangements for participation in European competitions. Each country will delegate its teams corresponding to its rating and these teams will be taken from the USSR chapmionship correspondingly to their places taken.

b6aeb17bc23f01e5f94a2d3180fa949b.jpg

Let's see this at the example: here CSKA and Zenit qualify for the Champions league as top Russian teams, Shakhtar and Metalist as top Ukrainian teams and BATE despite being only 12th in the final stand also qualifies for the Champions league from Belarus. The representatives for other countries are taken from lower Soviet leagues.

This update is being developed and improved for three years already. It contains tons of data about supporters, stadiums, city locations, derbies, etc. for all 498 featured teams, so you can choose and play any of them being sure that your income corresponds to your stature.

I do not play FM now myself, but I've put a special effort into testing and making sure that it is fully compatible with the latest 13.3 database version.

Political Disclamer: I do not anyhow dream of resurrecting the Soviet Union or deny the right of any post-soviet teams to play in their home competitions. It is only true that the united championship is much stronger and interesting to play in than any of the united championships apart.

Started a test run with 12.1.1. After 2 seasons the game stopped generating league fixtures. Only cups were still running. Any idea how to fix it?

That was due to the fact that last year I didn't update my championship to 12.1.1.

This year's version is sure to be compatible with 13.3.2. patch. The league fixtures will generate properly.

Excellent work mate. Does each individual country still have its national cup competition ??

Excellent work mate. Does each individual country still have its national cup competition ??

No, the national countries except for The USSR (Russia) are meant to be unplayable.

As for the cups, there are five competitions:

Soviet cup for all 498 teams.

Soviet league cup for premier ans second tier teams.

West, Central and East regional cups - for second to fourth tier teams.

And of course the Super Cup between the Premier League and Soviet cup winner

That is a lot already.

I also plan to submit a new update version adding inter-season friendly competitions for the teams belonging to the same "Sport Society", e.g. Dinamo, Trudovye Rezervy, SKA, etc. But that will be just a small feature.

As for Euro cup qualification through national cups - that feature obviously could not be supported, so the teams qualify only through their league standing.

So is it right that the top 2 Russian teams in the league qualify for europe as do the top 2 Ukraine teams and so on etc ??

Also file says it requires 18 teams in B Team Second in Russia ??

So is it right that the top 2 Russian teams in the league qualify for europe as do the top 2 Ukraine teams and so on etc ??

No. 2 Russian teams qualify to the Champions cup and other 4 to the Euro cup as well as 2+4 Ukrainian 1+3 Belorussian and so on. And all of them play in the same championship.

And if they do well and the country's euroscore grows the number of teams will increase.

I didn't change anything in international cup rules. I just made the update compatible with them.

Also file says it requires 18 teams in B Team Second in Russia ??

Oooups. It was a last click mistake. Now the file is corrected and reuploaded. Try it anew.

Great work, Comrade! Would you mind sharing with us how you got the continential cups to continue working in this way? Your the first person I've seen achieve it and I'm sure editors would be interested.

P.S. RIP Hugo Chavez, long live the Revolution!

Great work, Comrade! Would you mind sharing with us how you got the continential cups to continue working in this way? Your the first person I've seen achieve it and I'm sure editors would be interested.

P.S. RIP Hugo Chavez, long live the Revolution!

Thank you, comrade!

It is rather simple, but I also managed to do this only last year. Maybe it was not possible with earlier manager versions.

A) When you move a team from one country's competition to another country's competition, both Country and Based country are changed to that new one. What you need to do is to return "Based country" back to the country of origin.

B) Now there is a difference:

a) if a country has a championship supported by FM (active without the update) - it will be overridden by your update (marked with a triangle) - you do not need to make additional changes here.

b) If it is not supported, by default FM tries to fiil the places by clubs with the corresponding "Country" paramerer.

What you need is to leave in that country zero clubs with such parameter (copy them out to an inactive division). Then FM has no other clubs but those with "Based country" that are chosen from your championship. So it inserts them. Yep.

Thank you, comrade!

It is rather simple, but I also managed to do this only last year. Maybe it was not possible with earlier manager versions.

A) When you move a team from one country's competition to another country's competition, both Country and Based country are changed to that new one. What you need to do is to return "Based country" back to the country of origin.

a) if a country has a championship supported by FM (active without the update) - it will be overridden by your update (marked with a triangle) - you do not need to make additional changes here.

b) If it is not supported, by default FM tries to fiil the places by clubs with the corresponding "Country" paramerer.

What you need is to leave in that country zero clubs with such parameter (copy them out to an inactive division). Then FM has no other clubs but those with "Based country" that are chosen from your championship. So it inserts them. Yep.

Thanks! Does this also mean that Soviet teams can draw each other in the Group Stages if they are from different nations, such as CSKA Moscow vs Bate Borislov? :)

I'm going to give this a try, I think I'll be Skonto Riga as I always have fun managing them in Latvia, this could be even more interesting.

Thanks! Does this also mean that Soviet teams can draw each other in the Group Stages if they are from different nations, such as CSKA Moscow vs Bate Borislov? :)

Yes.

At the qualification phase of Champions and esp. EURO cup a lot of teams from Soviet championship play vs each other.

I think I'll be Skonto Riga as I always have fun managing them in Latvia, this could be even more interesting.

Interesting and difficult, as the Ukrainian teams will be considerably tough for Skonto.

I love this!! I hope someone will make a KHL style database. I might attempt that if I have time.

@yury solomatin; A brilliant piece of work, my deepest respect to you and the hard work you put in this. :applause:

I'm currently using this beauty as part of my novel in 12 chapters that I'm posting @ manutd.nl

Could put a link here, but don't think you'll bother becaue it's in Dutch :D

Thanks for distributing this fun update !

@yuri solomatin;

This is a great database and I believe there was a lot of work in it! But I have a question.

I have made also a Soviet database (link), before I saw this one.

I also tried to give each country European tickets. Your way of making that possible works for me only in the highest division.

From the second division, not the best team of a country goes into the CL, but just a random team from the lowest division.

Do you know how I can remedy that?

THE PROBLEM IS ALREADY SOLVED!!

Thank you, comrade!

Wow I never thought this was possible, thanks a lot for this info !

Also what a wonderful pice of editor art, I will probably be playing this in my next lower league adventure :D