GCB's Premier Sign Up - Sponsored By SPORTS.tv!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham chairman Ken Company shares his views on his team's first win of the season on twitter.

@_Kenco "Great win over the Shrews, hopefully will kick-start our season. Rafa seemed pleased, he almost smiled. "

Chip Butty going stale?

After recent results and suprise players called up many have been calling for the quick exit of the manager at England. Mr Butty is surely going to try to butter up the F.A to get more time to work with the best players in England to turn the fans on his side but is it just a greasy downward slop?

SkySPORTS_Logo.jpg

Fulham finding a footing?

Jeff-Stelling-150.jpg

"At this very early stage of the season Fulham find themselves 9th after 3 games and seem to be putting in some decent performances in. Catching up with the Fulham manager to hear his thoughts is Chris Kamara."

leeds-united-chris-kamara.jpg

"Unbelievable, Jeff!"

Jeff Stelling

"Yes Kammy, he is next to you"

mark-hughes-fulham.jpg

Chris Kamara

Hahaha. Well Mark how do you feel the season has gone so far for you club.

Mark Hughes

I think we have started well but we can improve throughout the season as we gel after the shake up at the start.

Chris Kamara

How do you feel about the shake up and what has it added if anything.

Mark Hughes

I would guess it was very exciting for the fans but the vast movement of the players could affect clubs and players and unsettle a few.

Chris Kamara

Why do you think that?

Mark Hughes

In many transfer players look to the areas where clubs are based which affects the player and their family. Lucky for us we are based in London which is very attractive to players.

Chris Kamara

Are you happy with the players you received and do you miss the ones that left?

Mark Hughes

First of all I would like to thank the players that left the club for all they did for the club. On the new players that came in. We were one of the lucky clubs and received some world class players.

Chris Kamara

In you last league game it seemed you did everything but win what do you put this down to.

Mark Hughes

After the 3-0 win over Blackpool I felt we were ready to push on but the last game we could not get the ball in the net often enough despite making a host of chances. I think this early in the season we are just finding our footing and we would be winning games like that by a higher margin.

Chris Kamara

Next up in the League is a tough tie vs Arsenal. Do you think you have a chance?

Mark Hughes

We go in to every game believing we have a chance. Arsenal are a decent side but we can't give them too much respect. We hope for a positive result.

Chris Kamara

Sheffield United are up next after you thrashed Preston North End in the Carling Cup how will you approach the game.

Mark Hughes

We are taking the Cup serious and will field a strong side whoever we face. But it will help fringe players looking to break in the first XI by being on show.

Chris Kamara

Thanks Mark that all, Good luck this season.

Back too you Jeff.

Chip Butty going stale?

After recent results and suprise players called up many have been calling for the quick exit of the manager at England. Mr Butty is surely going to try to butter up the F.A to get more time to work with the best players in England to turn the fans on his side but is it just a greasy downward slop?

Brilliant :D

Chip Butty going stale?

In this world, I am the FA!

Back at work, rushed off my feet. Should get an update out this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Browne disappointed with start of season

Wigan find themselves without a win in the first 3 games of the new Premier League and we caught up with Jack Browne earlier today to get his thoughts on Wigan's start.

'It's been disappointing so far. I had hoped for at least 1 win by now but it hasn't happened like that. I've still got faith in the manager because the team need time to gel being newly put together. The win at Bristol in the League Cup was good but that's not out priority for the year, the Premier League is. I would hope that the team can finish in the top 7 this year. Bringing European football to Wigan would be the best thing to ever happen to the club as it would allow us to bring world class players to the club. I have big visions for the club and I know the fans are the same, we expect the best, they expect the best, so it's up to the players and the manager to start delivering the best.'

When asked if he thought Wigan had the right squad for the league, Browne was unsure.

'I know we haven't got the best team in the league but it's still a good squad. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, however. I am always on the lookout for ways to improve the squad and as soon as there is an opportunity to bring someone to the club, I will try my best to get them here.'

• 6 months later...

Archived