The ball goes IN the net!

I know I've said it before and its getting boring but the issue of shots to goals NEEDS to be addressed!!!! The enjoyment of this game is being sucked away because no matter what is done tactically or otherwise, the two things as a manager you cannot physically affect is sticking the ball in the net from chances and your defence stopping thunderbolts flying in from all angles.

I am tired of totally dominating game after game after game against good and poor teams alike then drawing and losing because it is decided that my 'world-class striker' cannot use either his feet or head to move a ball across a line and thus scoring my team a goal.

For example two time top goal scorer in Spain and Europe Diego Forlan is stood about 4 feet infront of an open goal with the closest player being just on the edge of the penalty box, Diego thinks 'I know what will spice this game up, I'll drill the ball as hard as I possibly can at the cross bar, I dont need to improve on my 6 goals in 21 games record this season despite me having an unbelievable amount of chances in every single game.' As the ball slowly floats towards the touchline from the shuddering bar, with Sergio Aguero (probably the best young striker in the game) applauding his strike partner as the pair of them have obviously got some kind of strange bet with eachother as to who can be virtually unplayable for defenders but scoring as few goals as possible we look back to just inside my own half where a 36 year old Almeria striker thinks back to the hat-trick he's just scored against Atletico Madrid away from home from the only 3 shots his team have had on target all game, two of which being from twenty plus yards out despite his long shot rating being 6 against my £11000000 rated goalkeeper Sebastien Frey.

This is a recurring event in, I would guess, 80% of my games. Surely at worst good players should convert around half of the blatantly clear/easy chances. I am totally regretting spending any time on this game, I cannot be the only one who realises this because its happened in every single one of my games no matter who I manage. Raving!

I know what you're saying- I expect strikers to miss, but the amount of time they do is ridiculous, and they make very questionable choices. I had Fernando Llorente get control of a cross from his left inside the six yard box, the 'keeper was covering to Llorente's left so all he has to do is push the ball forward, barely tapping it in. What does he do? He decides to turn, whipping the shot hard to his left toward the top corner. Unfortunately, the goalkeeper was right there so the ball bounced right off of him and no goal was scored. What bothered me about it was not that he missed, but it clearly appeared that he CHOSE to shoot at the goalkeeper when an easy goal was right in front of him- and it should be mentioned that Llorente has 14 finishing, 13 first touch, 13 composure, 14 anticipation and 15 decisions, he should not be doing stupid **** like that.

In all of my other saves I have strikers woefully miss one-on-ones, though in my current Zilina save Momodou Ceesay has been very, very good at them- and he's not even that good!!!!

Archived