Getting to the next level of my managerial career!

Hi All

Just thought i would say that i am absolutely loving FM 11. Anyway, I am looking for a bit of advice with regards to my save. My main aim with this save was to eventually take over at one of the big Europena teams (e.g. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpoo, Man City, Arsenal). I'll start from the beginning:

I began a save unemployed with the top leagues selected in Portugal, Italy, Spain, Holland and the top two leagues selected in England. I took over Benfica in the Portuguese league in December 2010. Benfica were sitting in 9th place in the league and they had been knocked out of all the cup competitions. I finished the 2010/11 in 2nd place which i was very pleased with. I made a few good signings in the closed season and i managed to win the league and the domestic cup in the 2011/12 season. I also managed to get to the knock out stages of the European cup whic again i was pleased with considering the squad i had available.

I am in November 2012 and i there have been quite a few jobs from the afore mentioned leagues come available but i have resisted temptation and stayed put. I am hoping that another successful season will see me lift the league title once again as well as another possible domestic cup. But my eyes are starting to wonder and i am considering my next move in my managerial career. Obviously the perfect job is not going to fall onto my lap when i want it to but the reason for this thread is to ask for some advice on where i should possibly manage next should the opportunity arise? Like i have said i want to move to the next level so just wondering what league would be best to move to from the Portuguese League?

Thanks in advance :)

Well, I know you've only got those leagues selected, but this is what I've done:

2010/11 Boavista Second Div Central

2011/12 Boavista Liga Orangina

2012/13 Boavista Liga ZON Sagres, after one match (Lost 5-1 at Benfica) I moved to

2012 Corinthians Brazilian First Division (my character's favourite club)

Look for a team in either bottom of Spain, Italy or England top league, or top of second league. Go for a job perhaps like Ajax (if you can) for Holland

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of going to a mediocre team in the English Premier League. Maybe a Bolton or Birmingham. I will obviously have to wait and see what jobs become available or if any clubs even want me. Thanks for the input :)

Ducker start as reputation unkown and play like that you will find it more interesting.

LAst FM i started unemployed with sunday football reputation..

I managed 2nd divison russian club then move to bulgarian B group then again to Russian B group and then to English League TWO team .

After that I moved to Russian Divison 2 club again but bigge one.

And after great success there I was offered a spot into a mediocre club in Russian Premier Division.

I spent 3 years in FC Moscow and in total 7 or 8 years in all clubs before I was offered job at Aston Villa

Then after 2 years I went to Liverpool

Toshef - thanks for the reply. I was really after some advice on where to go next in my current save as Benfica manager as apposed to starting a new save. I have enjoyed what i have accomplished with Benfica an i was looking at were to go next to get me closer to my goal of managing a big European team ;)

Any more ideas guys? Obviously it all depends on what happens in the game and what clubs become available to manage but in an ideal world were does everyone think would be the best place to manage next?

Just out of interest, is the dutch league better than the Portuguese league in FM because it might benefit me to go there 1st for more experience before jumping into one of the big leagues?

Toshef - thanks for the reply. I was really after some advice on where to go next in my current save as Benfica manager as apposed to starting a new save. I have enjoyed what i have accomplished with Benfica an i was looking at were to go next to get me closer to my goal of managing a big European team ;)

Duckers4, the way I would do it, I'd continue to do good with my team and build my reputation even more. Benifica is certainly a more prestigious team now in your game then let's say a mid-table team in England. You are the Portuguese Champions!

I would wait until a vacancy arise in any of the big teams you mentioned above. You can add the Milan teams and possibly Ajax to that list. Always keep track of any vacancies there and pounce on it as soon as it arises. Until then, be the Champion that you are!:thup:

i was in milan for 3 years before i got in an arguement with the bored (i argued, they said nothing) and barca offered me the job in place of guardiola who didn't renew his contract, funny thing is, barca have offered me a job in three different games at around the same time so i reckon that may come available to you if you have a good champs league campaign. BTW at milan all i won was italian cup nothing else and i started automatic

Archived