Er... I just got released?

Playing as Matlock in the Blue Square North to try to get them up into the Premiership and I was offered a new contract until 2014. However the game still thinks im on my old contract and releases me in 2013 with a nice news item saying I rejected all contract offers from the Matlock board.

I don't want to leave!!

The offer of the new 2014 contract was recent enough that I couldn't even ask for a new contract from the board. Any way to get my position back/edit me back as their boss? Anyone had this happen to them as well?!

Playing as Matlock in the Blue Square North to try to get them up into the Premiership and I was offered a new contract until 2014. However the game still thinks im on my old contract and releases me in 2013 with a nice news item saying I rejected all contract offers from the Matlock board.

I don't want to leave!!

The offer of the new 2014 contract was recent enough that I couldn't even ask for a new contract from the board. Any way to get my position back/edit me back as their boss? Anyone had this happen to them as well?!

Sounds like a bug mate put your save and details in bugs forum let si chaps take alook :thup:

I've just had a look in the bugs forum and it does indeed seem to be a bug that others are experiencing as well. I've been playing FM11 non stop since release so I hope SI can fix my save as I don't feel like playing with another team (guess i've become quite attached).

Dontask - good idea, and one I will take into consideration if it's unable to be fixed. Just have to say goodbye to my managerial history which is disappointing.

I've just had a look in the bugs forum and it does indeed seem to be a bug that others are experiencing as well. I've been playing FM11 non stop since release so I hope SI can fix my save as I don't feel like playing with another team (guess i've become quite attached).

Dontask - good idea, and one I will take into consideration if it's unable to be fixed. Just have to say goodbye to my managerial history which is disappointing.

Im sure it can be fixed pal dose't seem like a hard fix but dont hold me to that :)

or get fmtre and put that club as ur favourite 100 and also put urself on as their favourites 100, add new manager and retire right away and then your real manager, have him apply for the vacancy. they SHOULD accept your offer to join

The only earlier save I have is at the start of the season, and there's no way I want to go back to then! I have uploaded my save as Matlock.fm anyway, before my contract runs out.

Any chance you could just edit the contract details and get it back to me? That'd be fantastic as I don't know what to do without my FM :p

i just had the same problem with my arsenal save i won the league and fa cup in the 1st season and won the community shield in the 2nd signed a new 5 yr contract and 3 games into the 2nd season i get SACKED!?

its ridiculous u spend night and day on this enjoying the ride then BANG your out the door!is there anything i can do to stop this ive got all the appropriate patches via steam,i just hope this does'nt happen on every game i start?

any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

too true!it does seem to be a bug though as when i've signed the contract it doesnt show an expiry date and consequently it seems like i've signed a short term contract when infact its long term!anyway hop you get yours sorted mate,good luck.

Archived