[FM11] Cymru fo am byth! (Prestatyn)

DSYoungEsq

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prestatynvrangersinform.png

First scalp. First game of the group, too. Nice.

Was a really entertaining, back and forth battle.

That's disgraceful only 700 showing up to a European game. What's your capacity these days?

IIRC the German teams, for example Borussia Dortmund, convert their terracing to temporary seating when its a European tie. I'm pretty certain that UEFA/FIFA forbid the use of terracing for their matches and must be all-seater affairs.

IIRC the German teams, for example Borussia Dortmund, convert their terracing to temporary seating when its a European tie. I'm pretty certain that UEFA/FIFA forbid the use of terracing for their matches and must be all-seater affairs.

You are correct.

Umm, any ideas as too what I can do for my euro squad registration? Apparently I don't have 4 players who have been at Afan Lido for 3 years between 15-21... So I can't advance past that page? Is there any other way I can get past this other than resigning?

Umm, any ideas as too what I can do for my euro squad registration? Apparently I don't have 4 players who have been at Afan Lido for 3 years between 15-21... So I can't advance past that page? Is there any other way I can get past this other than resigning?

Holiday past the registration date

Good win against Rangers DSYoungEsq :thup:

Prestatyn_Town.png

Success at last! – Europe Group report - 2022/3

22egdmatches.png

22egdeurocupgroupgresul.png

22egdwpltable.png

Position Graph

My squad.

Well, it finally happened. Spring European Footie is on its way to Bastion Gardens!

Europe:

Followers of the team know that we had an awesome set of results to start our group, with 5 points from 3 games. Sadly, that was all we accomplished, as the group teams quickly readjusted to the idea that we were more than the sum of our parts. Still, it turned out to be enough, and to spare, to get us through to Spring football in Europe.

The first game at home against Rangers turned on a first-half injury time corner kick. Irvine wiggled free at the near post and headed home almost unmarked. We made that stand up during the remainder of the game, though Rangers made it hard on us. Then we went into the Allianz Arena and stole a point from Bayern with a 90th min. header. Then, we invited Inter in to our house and shut them down for 90 min., though they had plenty of chances.

At that point, we were pretty certain of qualification, though Rangers had the ability to outdo us if they started producing results. Sadly, our form took a European nose-dive. Inter were first to show we really weren't “all that,” with a solid 0-3 spanking at the Giuseppe Meaza. Then, Rangers held us down and put our position in doubt, with a 0-2 loss in Glasgow. This meant we had to either gain a point from Bayern at home, or hope that Inter could see off the Glaswegians. Bayern left us with no doubt about who is the superior team; we've never lost by a worse score under my management (0-7). Fortunately, Rangers couldn't beat Inter, and thus, we were through to February, albeit in the EURO Cup.

The draw at that point simply cannot be “kind” to us; the teams involved are too good by nature. We will likely lose the two-legged tie with Locomotiv Moskva, but it will still be sweet to be playing the game.

Home Front:

We had a slow start to the WPL. We dumped a game to TNS right out of the gate, and we allowed Neath and Goytre to manage drawn results. Fortunately, we have recovered our balance, and are now on the way to establishing our premier position in the League.

Sadly, we dumped ourselves out of a cup again this season. This time, it's the League Cup, which doesn't really bother me that much. There's nothing that comes with winning that cup, so it's just another shiny bauble on the trophy shelf. We have a good solid Welsh Cup 3rd Round win under our belt, and the fact we are out of the League Cup has allowed us to rest players a bit. That should help us in the run-in at the end of the season.

We've added one more player:

David Saunders – ST:

I was going to pass on Mr. Saunders, but he's simply too good to pass up. He's going to be the best striker we've ever had, I think, when all is said and done. And his arrival has brought me to another decision point. I'm weeding out the chaff in the striker ranks. We always carry too many of them, and it dilutes their use. This limits their development. So Mr. Saunders will be paired with González up top, and Carr and Farley will be groomed behind them, and all others will be sold off as quickly as possible. Indeed, I've already got Jake Taylor, our best Welsh striker, headed to Gillingham on 1/1.

Our attendance is up again this year. I'm going to be asking for a stadium expansion here soon, and hopefully we can get some new facilities, too. Strike while the iron is hot, I say.

Club overview.

Financials.

You need to beat my 2-0 win at home vs Bayern
WOW, 2nd I know it probably won't last but it's impressive!
Sadly, no, it did not last. Indeed, it rather crashed and burned! But at least it was good enough.
Some great Champions League results there
Thanks! I really had my heart in my mouth those first three games, especially the end of the Bayern game where I threw everyone up to overload in search of a goal, and it worked! Of course, they made me pay for that later!
That's disgraceful only 700 showing up to a European game. What's your capacity these days?
Capacity at the stadium is 1500, but it's only 700 seated. I plan on changing that soon, if I can.
I go away from one week and you produce a string of results like that. That is a few amazing scores there. How you managed to draw against Inter with those stats I'll never know. Congrats!!
The draw against the Nerazzuri was simply a fluke. They threw everything they had at us, but to our credit, a lot of the shots were from long range. And we simply got lucky that nothing went in. I'm not counting on it happening ever again.
well done man! Your doing crazy well in Europe these days :-)
The easiest way is to leave spaces. The restrictions shouldn't be viewed as something you MUST have. Rather, they are a way of extending your squad. If you do not have the 4 players, you really are limited to a squad of 21, not 25. I've yet to have more than one qualifying person at my club for Europe.
Good win against Rangers DSYoungEsq
Thanks! That was very satisfying, because as you can see from the stats, it wasn't a one-sided affair where we scored totally against the run of play and got lucky. I wish we had played as well when we went up North, but they were quite ready for us, and put us on our heels right at the start. No chance of a repeat.
Wow, what a brilliant thread! Amazed to see how well your team's come along. Keep it up :)
Wow. Cracking read!

Good luck in Europe. Looking hopeful for a big Welsh European Coefficient improvement this year.

Thanks to both of you! I'm quite lucky that the team has had few episodes of crash and burn syndrome. I'd like to think it has something to do with me' date=' but it's more likely friendly SI programming.
DSYoungEsq's doing so well, even the lurkers are coming out of hiding to post in his thread. :D

Keep it up mate.

I will try. I think we're a bit ahead of schedule with this result; a fortunate draw for the group, as I forsaw at the time it was drawn. Next season, won't be so easy I'm thinking.
you really need a new stadium now mate. Sack the board and get a new one
New stadium is some ways off, I imagine. We only manage 26% of capacity on WPL game days. But that's over three times what we were pulling in at the start of my career here, so eventually, we'll need a new stadium. Maybe they'll call it Young Gardens. :D
After coming so far in how are you finding attracting world class players or is it still tricky?
Oh, I don't get anyone "world class" yet. I probably can compete in the lower reaches of the Championship, I expect, though I'd be more comfortable down a level in League One. I still get all excited about players who wouldn't be able to even make the youth squads of Premiership teams. And all the good players still turn their noses up at me.

Pzpn.png

Polski Związek Piłki Nożnej

Poland Under-19 National Football Team: 2022 Results

22egdpolandu19matches.png

Squad

My first full year as coach of the U-19 Polish squad was an up and down experience. On the positive side, we managed to qualify for the second round groups for the 2023 European U-19 Championship. Since my predecessor was sacked primarily for failing this accomplishment, I was relieved to manage it. But on the down side, our results have not met my expectations, and unless we manage to step it up considerably next Spring, we won't qualify for the finals in June.

The friendlies were a mixed bag. We dealt with Wales away, but found North Ireland too much to handle playing on home soil. An away win over Slovakia, and an away draw at Ireland were encouraging, but then we got hammered at home by the Romanians, and morale was really low.

Fortunately, our group games were arranged in an acceptable order; had we started off with the Ukraine, I doubt we'd have qualified. There is no way we should be held to a draw by Malta, but there it is; they did it and it hurt us. And to beat San Marino 1-0 is an indication of just how bad we can be. We were struggling with injuries, barely able to field 20 players, and the tournament is played over a VERY short period of time. Fortunately, results broke our way, and the loss to the Ukraine didn't leave us out in the cold.

Next year's mission will be tougher. We have Switzerland, Germany and France in our group. Only the top qualifier goes on. I'm hopeful for third place, and would love to challenge for second.

The squad is not as strong as I would like. Some of the better players are reserved for the national team, or the U-21s. I've been scouting like mad in Poland, but of course, the fact that the Polish league is not running means that players are only put on Polish teams that make it into European competition. That narrows things considerably. We will see how considerably next year.

I don't get why you would not fill your stadium with all your success?

Surely you must be drawing bigger crowds now or you are gonna struggle to maintain any momentum. Post your avg attendances as an image so we can see how you have grown. You must be growing in stature and as a result would draw more crowds surely

I don't get why you would not fill your stadium with all your success?

Surely you must be drawing bigger crowds now or you are gonna struggle to maintain any momentum. Post your avg attendances as an image so we can see how you have grown. You must be growing in stature and as a result would draw more crowds surely

We sell out all our seats for European ties. But that's only 700 seats.

We are averaging about 400 per game for Welsh Premier League games this season. For the WPL, we can both allow seated patrons and standing patrons. Average attendance as a percentage of capacity is 26%. That's almost twice the average percent of capacity of the second most well-attended team, Haverfordwest. Our ability to draw in people to watch us play the "hoipolloi" as it were is not great. :D

Prestatyn_Town.png

Best Year Ever? - The 2022-3 End of Season Report

22eosmatches.png

22eoswpltable.png

The Position Graph.

The Welsh Cup (last four rounds)

The League Cup

The Squad.

The Squad's stats (combined).

The Reserves. These are mostly people on the way out.

The Youth Rated.

With one tiny exception, this was Prestatyn Town FC's finest year. Europe was a dream, we regained the Welsh Cup, we won the WPL in record style. Only a flub of the relatively insignificant League Cup kept us from being essentially perfect.

Europe

As those following along know from above posts, we had a wonderful result from our Spring footie. In a compelling display of football, we dispatched mighty FC Lokomotiv Moskva with a pair of 4-1 wins, giving us an 8-2 aggregate trouncing of our more fancied opponents. We were never in danger, either. It was a dream couple of games, and thankfully, no one pinched us to wake us up!

Of course, the next round was just a bit tougher. Truly mighty Juventus FC was the opponent in the next round of the EURO Cup. La Vecchia Signora was not caught napping by our prowess. But it took them until the 73rd minute of the first leg in the Stadia Della Alpi to put themselves in front, and that was all they had to show after 90 min. So they put the tie beyond doubt 2 min. into the leg at Bastion Gardens, and although we didn't let them score again, we really didn't frighten their goal. Thus, our excellent European adventure was over.

In retrospect, we over-achieved significantly. We were lucky with our group in the UCL, and we got a favorable draw with Lokomotiv. Still, it's clear we are not unable to compete in Europe, and I expect that we should be starting to get some more interest this coming year from good quality players.

Wales

The WPL was an easy competition this year. We had the League wrapped up earlier than ever, with seven games to go. We scored a record number of points. We had a GD of +60 (!), and allowed only 12 goals all season. We had a 15 game win streak! And we lost only two games. Of course, they were the first game of the season, and the last game of the season. The latter was especially disheartening, since we scored in the 3rd min., then simply packed up and went home.

Fortunately, we showed up for the Welsh Cup Final, and captured back our trophy. Llanelli didn't make it easy on us, but we didn't really give them many sniffs at the goal, and our quality eventually won out. Everyone is happy with the final result, and the squad should return buoyant in late June.

I'm still tinkering with the squad. We have signed a very promising English striker, and with his arrival on July 1, I intend to clear out some of the strikers I've been hoarding. Sam Taylor is leaving, as is Albert de Lange. Also, I've decided to get rid of Antony Farley, who my Ass. Man. loves, but who everyone else rates as mediocre. He's had time to prove the Ass. Man. right, and isn't doing it, so he's out the door.

In addition, I've got a couple Spaniards I'm courting for left back and left/center mid. My real issue is in midfield, where I don't think Dean Young can pull the weight I'm asking, and where Kevin Irvine is eventually going to be too old to play. Sadly, I've not seen any good reinforcements there, but my eyes are open.

Next year, we aim to do more of the same. Not a bad aim, for a change!

The WPL Team Statistics. We did dominate a lot of categories. Our attendance for WPL games is quite good, actually.

The WPL Player Statistics. Not sure if any of ours are going to be PoY.

Manager Overview. This now also shows info about the Poland U-19s.

Boardroom overview. New training facilities, and a stadium expansion on the planning boards.

Finances. Great year for us!

Bloody hell, I don't go into this forum in weeks, and I come back to find out you're turning Prestatyn into a European force. :D
As I said... It's possible to do. I like playing the Russians, a leaky defence is so much fun for my strikers :D
:-o Nicely done!
Very impressive
Thank-you, one and all. I truly was not believing what I was seeing. Of course, I could easily believe the Juve scores. :D

Grats on another great season mate.

Hows the dynamic league system going, do you feel the league is growing in stature?

Is you club growing on a par with your league rise in Europe? e.g. Prize money attendances etc. Your loss to Airbus in the cup may be a reflection that other teams are benefiting from your success.

Prestatyn_Town.png

The Year End Summary - 2022/3

Results:

WPL: 1st 23 pts. ahead of TNS

WC: Winner 2-0 v. Llanelli

LC: Lost Qtr-Final 2-3 v. Airbus

Europe: Won 1st tie v. Differdange (LUX) 13-1 2nd Qual Phase UCL (Champions)

Won 2nd tie v. U. Craioa (ROM) 5-3 3rd Qual Phase UCL (Champions)

Won 3rd tie v. Valkeakosken Haka (FIN) 4-2 Playoff UCL (Champions)

Finished 3rd UCL Cup Group G W1 D2 L3 Pts 5

1-0-1 v Rangers (SCO) 1-0 H, 0-2 A

0-1-1 v FC Bayern (GER) 1-1 A, 0-7 H

0-1-1 v Inter. Milan (ITA) 0-0 H, 0-3 A

Won EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round tie v. Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) 4-1 H, 4-1 A

Lost EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round tie v. Juventus (ITA) 0-1 A, 0-1 H

Prestatyn Town FC Honors

WPL Player of the Year:

Paul Young Not a very good selection by the League, I must say. Many much more deserving, both on our team, and on others.

WPL Young Player of the Year:

Paul Young

WPL Team of the Season: Eight of the eleven this year: – Ben Brook, Jordan Stamp, Roddy Morrison, Graham Watkins Y11, Danny Jordan, Kevin Irvine, Paul Young, Gary Carr. Don't let the colors fool you: Kayleden Brown is not from PTFC.

Fan's Player of the Year: Kieran Djilali. Again.

WPL Manager of the Year: Yours Truly.

News for Prestatyn Town FC:

Prestatyn are now 60th in Europe! That puts us in some heavy hitters. I am pleased with the 13 points we picked up during the European campaign this season. Replicating that my be tough.

The Wales Season Summary. A good year for Prestatyn Town FC.

Profit for the season was immense, even with a dividend paid. Total profit $6.5M on turnover of $15.5M. Huge season for us, as we have paid a dividend of $2.2M and started new facilities costing $6M, as well as a stadium expansion.

News about Wales and the World:

Wales Overview 6/2022. World ranking down to 38th, that's 17 places down.

The WPL makes a move up in Europe to 70th. That's equivalent to the English third division, the npower League One!

Wales has new European slots. We no longer have a team in the first round EURO Cup qualifiers. Instead, two teams go into the Third Round, and one into the Second Round. We are two spots away from the Holy Grail of European football: five spots in Europe.

In a rare occurrence, the last WPL Europe place goes to the winner of the Relegation Group. Haverfordwest managed to outlast everyone else, though it's not a shock given the way they performed in the second half of the season. But it's the first time the winner of the Relegation Group has managed to win a European slot since I started at PTFC.

In other news of the world:

There was none. Very quiet year.

Archived