Custom imaginary manager pictures right here

duccio

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Banned:

What program did you use to make those pictures? Thank you. =)

FaceGen Modeller and Paint Shop Pro.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

And here is an older slightly grumpy manager with high blood pressure.

Fergus Alexander

"ya flaming galaa" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that what Mr. Alexander is saying, or...? I confess I actually had to look up what it means. Its either something about Australian rose-breasted cockatoo or "you bloody idiot". icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by The_Mack2007:

mate this are crazy!!!

a qucik request if possible ?#

could i have karstens hair on gullaimes head??? lol it would be a spitting image of me lol

thanks dude

Now this one really is a coincedence (unlike the one that was pointed out looks like the fellow from Sopranos for example) if it looks like you! Gillaume again, but with blonde hair and smoother complexion. icon_smile.gif

Gillaume Lefebvre with blonde hair

Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Banned:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

Fergus Alexander

Is that what Mr. Alexander is saying, or...? I confess I actually had to look up what it means. Its either something about Australian rose-breasted cockatoo or "you bloody idiot". icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's just say that he looks a bit like an Australian soap star icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Banned:

Fergus Alexander

Is that what Mr. Alexander is saying, or...? I confess I actually had to look up what it means. Its either something about Australian rose-breasted cockatoo or "you bloody idiot". icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's just say that he looks a bit like an Australian soap star icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alf Stewart from Home and Away by any chance, he's a soap Legend. icon14.gif

Here's another one of his; "strike me roan". icon_biggrin.gif

Good work btw duccio. icon14.gif

thanks mate!!! Thats great!!! and its a spitting image of me lol!!!

Is it really? I would not even have made the face in the first place had it not been requested earlier in this thread.

Originally posted by Gundo:

Alf Stewart from Home and Away by any chance, he's a soap Legend. icon14.gif

Here's another one of his; "strike me roan". icon_biggrin.gif

Good work btw duccio. icon14.gif

Never heard of him or the show before, but there is some resemblance. The character was described somewhere as a good natured rogue who uses oldfashioned Australian slang. I guess that kind of role has the potential to make the character and the actor legendary. icon_smile.gif

A few new managers.

Octavian_Cristescu

Mikael Svedberg

Italo Fasci

Keith Fisher

Kyösti Viitakoski

Yuji Iwamoto

Vijay Gupta

Philippe Blanchard

Oleos Sanchez

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamboSteven:

How do you make these, what program do you need?

To create these faces, I have used FaceGen Modeller and Paint Shop Pro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have paint shop pro and fac egen modeller demo, how do i get the hair, bcoz all it has at the moment is some crappy long hair choice or short black hair, and i see you have different hair styles

thanks

Originally posted by kristoaster:

Where did you get the hair/beards/glasses/etc images from? Thanks icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Banksii:

i have paint shop pro and fac egen modeller demo, how do i get the hair, bcoz all it has at the moment is some crappy long hair choice or short black hair, and i see you have different hair styles

thanks

I've used hairs from Football Manager's \data\facegen\hair subfolders. Glasses and beards (and hair in some cases) I've taken from pictures I found on the net. Cut them off of the pics and then pasted them on the faces in Pain Shop Pro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kristoaster:

Where did you get the hair/beards/glasses/etc images from? Thanks icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Banksii:

thanks

I've used hairs from Football Manager's \data\facegen\hair subfolders. Glasses and beards (and hair in some cases) I've taken from pictures I found on the net. Cut them off of the pics and then pasted them on the faces in Pain Shop Pro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh i see, thanks very much, fantastic help

I've just used normal raster images. Ofcourse I've tried to find as large pics as possible. Let me know if you find some suitable vector graphics. icon_smile.gif

It was more of a joke on the concept of vector beards :p

I couldn't find any pics at all icon_frown.gif where are you searching? any chance you could release a hair/beards/etc zip file?

Originally posted by kristoaster:

I've just used normal raster images. Ofcourse I've tried to find as large pics as possible. Let me know if you find some suitable vector graphics. icon_smile.gif

It was more of a joke on the concept of vector beards :p

I couldn't find any pics at all icon_frown.gif where are you searching? any chance you could release a hair/beards/etc zip file? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comment wasn't entirely serious either. icon_wink.gif

Surely you found some pictures that can be used? Google picture search for beard returns loads and loads of hits. Do you have a decent graphics program?

I won't be releasing any beard collections or such, but since there seems to be multiple people who are creating mugshots, I wrote a short text about how I have made them - maybe it is of some use. The text is somewhat longer than my usual minimal murmurs on this board, so at least I got some more practice in English language if nothing else! icon_smile.gif And ofcourse I didn't write about every single mouse click I made.

Picture of the face in different phases of completion

1. I created a face pic with FaceGenModeller, transported it to Paint Shop Pro X and then cut it's background off.

2. To remove the SI logo I added a new layer. On the new layer I covered the middle of the forehead with a large dot of skin colour and then blurred the dot with gaussian blur. I duplicated the new layer to achieve higher opacity and thus fully cover the logo. Then I merged the new layers and on this brand new merged layer sweeped around the edges of the top of the head with very soft and low opacity eraser tool. This was done to remove excess light coloured blur from above the darker edges of the head. After checking there was no blur on the outside of the head or covering eyebrows or eyes I merged all visible layers.

I also covered the odd colorization between the eyebrows using similar technique.

3. To add mustache, I searched the net for a suitable picture and found this one of an American fire chief:

http://www.blogofsandiego.com/Fire-2007/RubenGrijalva.jpg

With freehand point to point selection tool I selected the right sided half of his mustache and copy pasted it as a new layer on the face picture. After resizing and slightly rotating the half-a-mustache, it was sitting nicely above the right side of the face's upper lip. The mustache's edges didn't look very good, so I selected the eraser tool and it's marble 2 brush tip. With this tool I gently clicked around the edges to make them spiky and slightly transparent. Then I duplicated and mirrored the mustache layer. After I had both the right and the left sided whiskers properly lined up, I merged them into one mustache layer.

I thought a small drop shadow beneath the mustache, darkening the upper lip, would look good, so I selected the 3d effect drop shadow and adjusted a proper amount of blur and clicked ok. The shadow appeared on a new layer. Since the shadow offsets were set to 0, there was equal amount of shadow's blurred edges showing all around the moustache. I used soft eraser tool to remove the shadow and blur from everywhere except just between the mustache and the lips.

4. Here is a picture of, not really (sun)glasses but a clip. I just ignored there are no earpieces.

http://www.eliseh.de/universalclip/universalclip.jpg

I selected the background with magic wand, inverted the selection and copy pasted the glasses as a new layer on the face picture. After resizing and positioning the glasses I changed the layer's blend mode to hard light - the blue lenses became transparent revealing neatly what was behind.

To add a drop shadow only on the outsides of the glasses I used the magic wand tool to select everything around the glasses, inverted the selection and then applied drop shadow. After this I used eraser tool to remove some excess shadowing.

5. I merged all visible layers and resized the face to around 44%. Then I browsed to \data\facegen\hair, chose one hair from there and copy pasted it as a new layer on the face image. After covering the faces scalp with it, I adjusted the hair's lightness and contrast to better match with the mustache. After merging all visible layers, fitting the picture on a 180px x 180px transparent image and saving it as an alpa channel transparent .png, the face pic was ready.

Here it is.

Gerry Mander

I'm working on it also now, and i must say, it's great! But how do you get the hair and stuff so well adjusted for the heads. And do you only use the hair which comes with FM08 in the data folder? And one hell of a complement to you!

Originally posted by acidmonkey:

can i get Gillaume Lefebvre with long hair & beard minus the beard but black hair please?

Is this right?

Gillaume Lefebvre with a long black hair

Mate these are absloetue quality!!! The Nadal One is amazing!!! A quick request tho (again) sorry!!! nadals face with karstens hair (also could you make the hair colour a bit darker than bleach blonde???) That would be amazing!!!

Heres the Nadal type with light coloured hair.

Carlos Bauza blonde

Originally posted by emily_rose:

Duccio can you make me a frank rijkaard looking manager and Obinna eze with a slight goatee line from under the lip to the chin, no beard or stuble. just the straight line of hair. thanks

I'm having some difficulties trying to create a face that actually resembles Rijkaard, so it will take some more time. Here is Obinna Eze though.

Obinna Eze with a goatee

Originally posted by BoratFMGLive:

Duccio where did you download the different hair from??

where can I get them?

I've taken most of the hairs from from Football Manager's \data\facegen\hair subfolders.

Originally posted by Joop:

I'm working on it also now, and i must say, it's great! But how do you get the hair and stuff so well adjusted for the heads. And do you only use the hair which comes with FM08 in the data folder? And one hell of a complement to you!

Well thanks! Usually, when working with beards/glasses/anything, I've tried to add them while the image is still in larger size. When the image is reduced in size, much of the excessive ruggedness and imperfections will just disappear into the pixels. The hairs from the game, and I have mostly used them, are already in correct size for 180px X 180px pictures - I have tried to avoid resizing them to not make their details fuzzy, so I have resized the faces to fit the hairs. In some cases, though, I have edited the game's hairs to better suit the faces.

Sometimes, after the face picture has been ready, the pic has been slightly too large to fit into the 180 X 180 image, so a small size reduction has been a must. Probably stems from the fact that the regen pics in the game are "cut from the neck", which I haven't done because overweight faces would not have their double chins shown in the image. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Joop:

Well thanks! Usually, when working with beards/glasses/anything, I've tried to add them while the image is still in larger size. When the image is reduced in size, much of the excessive ruggedness and imperfections will just disappear into the pixels. The hairs from the game, and I have mostly used them, are already in correct size for 180px X 180px pictures - I have tried to avoid resizing them to not make their details fuzzy, so I have resized the faces to fit the hairs. In some cases, though, I have edited the game's hairs to better suit the faces.

Sometimes, after the face picture has been ready, the pic has been slightly too large to fit into the 180 X 180 image, so a small size reduction has been a must. Probably stems from the fact that the regen pics in the game are "cut from the neck", which I haven't done because overweight faces would not have their double chins shown in the image. icon_biggrin.gif

Indeed, and that's what we are looking for, the double/tripple chins icon_wink.gif. One last question. I think I already know the answer (which probably is no), but I want to know if there is a way for it. When you make the faces with the program and add hair and stuff and put them in the folders so they appear in FM, do they 'age' over the years (like the generated players of FM), or does that not work like that? Thanks in advance!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

Duccio can you make me a frank rijkaard looking manager and Obinna eze with a slight goatee line from under the lip to the chin, no beard or stuble. just the straight line of hair. thanks

I'm having some difficulties trying to create a face that actually resembles Rijkaard, so it will take some more time. Here is Obinna Eze though.

Obinna Eze with a goatee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is perfect, exactly 100% on the mark. You are ace.

For rijkaard, try this pic with slightly darker skin(you have creative licence over the hair not fussed what you use). Thanks in advance.

icon14.gif

For rijkaard, try this pic with slightly darker skin(you have creative licence over the hair not fussed what you use). Thanks in advance.

I don't know what picture you are talking about, but here is what I have done. I guess it does bear some resemblence to Rijkaard. A bit fat cheeks though...

Winston Blinker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

could you please do me one based on James May, but i'd like his hair to be the more recent longer style.Thanks In Advance.

James May the Top Gear TV presenter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

I don't know what picture you are talking about, but here is what I have done. I guess it does bear some resemblence to Rijkaard. A bit fat cheeks though...

Winston Blinker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You call that bearing some resmblance, i call it spot on. Thanks icon14.gif

Winston Blinker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You call that bearing some resmblance, i call it spot on. Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh,,oh, my last ever request, could you give him a line goatee like the updated obinna eze with slight stubble on the chin and slightly darker skin tone. thanks

Archived