THX1138

Synthetic Pitch

7 posts in this topic

Does a synthetic pitch have any difference to the bounce of the ball in the game, i'm thinking Young Boys against Spurs in the Champions League this season.

Boavista of Portugal have a pitch surface of 'Articifical - New Type (soft)'

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't affect the ball bounce, it might affect injury chance etc.

Boavista of Portugal have a pitch surface of 'Articifical - New Type (soft)'

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't affect the ball bounce, it might affect injury chance etc.

The fact it says "soft" must either indicate a variance in bounce and/or injuries, but I'm actually inclined to believe it'll be bounce, because pitch condition definitely corresponds to your play style in some way.

Wet/damaged pitches already impact pass speed and accuracy, and it may be my imagination but I've always thought that frozen pitches allow a lot more bounce from the ball.

The fact it says "soft" must either indicate a variance in bounce and/or injuries, but I'm actually inclined to believe it'll be bounce, because pitch condition definitely corresponds to your play style in some way.

Wet/damaged pitches already impact pass speed and accuracy, and it may be my imagination but I've always thought that frozen pitches allow a lot more bounce from the ball.

The soft type is a more grass-like surface, but without the same level of degradation. You might be right, but with Soft type surface, the difference should be minimal.

Cliftonville also have synthetic pitch (3G) does anyone know if it is possible to get your grass pitch replaced with a new synthetic one?

Only if you get a new stadium built, I believe (and even then you won't get the choice). Also, artificial surfaces degrade, too.