kevinlhk

bloody frustrating FM 2011, hard to sell players and loan players out etc....

56 posts in this topic

I experience the same thing regarding sending players out on loan. Not only are very few clubs interested, but when there is finally a loan bid, it is in 9/10 cases someone wanting him for backup - usually some big club with 4-5 others in the same position who are much better than my youngster. When in the tenth case a club want him as an important first team player it is always a small club which my youngster do not want to move to. Also, knowing how the imbecile AI won't rotate at all even when the Squad Rotation hidden manager attribute is set to 20, and how most clubs (even those with great training facilities) rarely will have a coach setup yielding more than 2.5 stars in any category, loaning players out at all is a gamble with their footballing future and usually a wasted effort.

On top of this, I now finally got to loan out a striker talent to a BBVA club which would play him for sure, but guess what - they managed to not register him! Why signing players when you're not going to use them?

When all this is said, while up to the sixth season I had really big problems offloading some deadwood players, this season (7th) they all went the first days after the new budget in july. I even got a £38m bid on one of my wonderkid strikers from Real Madrid but demanded his release clause at 50m, which they rejected. He is a player I really don't want to play against me so I hope they don't cough up for him! Also, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona have built up solid teams, Barca having both Paulo Henrique and Javier Pastore, and Atletico signed Neymar and Milos Krasic amongst others. Real Madrid has not made any big transfers so far.

So while there are big transfers and proper bids (38m for that guy was a proper bid which I would have accepted if he left the country - and I needed the money), they are few and far between and to be regarded as exceptions to the rule: the AI managers does not strengthen their team in an intelligent (and thus realistic) fashion!

I don't recognize the problems some of you experience with big name players being offered for give-away money and contracts not being renewed - it is rather the opposite in my game: players signs new contracts every year and do not build careers in an intelligent (and thus realistic) fashion! It is unrealistic that so many players stay in clubs where they have no future, and that clubs want to keep players that have no future with them.

In Fm10 I made a rich club mod that gave sugar daddies to all the big clubs in the world and it didn't work at all. It actually made matters worse. The problem is not caused by too many clubs having no money - the problem is caused by too many clubs being so rich that they do not have to accept any bids for any of their players! In FM10 the price tag of quality players became ridiculous after a while because of this, and the result was that none of the clubs would make any bids for any quality player as they are programmed to not bid more than a certain multiplier (like x2 or x3) for any player and rather look for bargains.

As has been said above, after a few seasons most big clubs are filthy rich - and then let me add that when they are filthy rich they are less tempted by cash for their best players. When this becomes a universal state in the FM gaming world, very few big transfers occur because there is an upper limit to how far any club will go to sign a player regardless of how many billions they have in positive balance.

This is what I believe is the real problem anyways. I am all ears for other explanations.

This is what I believe is the real problem anyways. I am all ears for other explanations.

Good post. It seems to be an issue that needs clearing up.

Nevermind the inability to send players on loan, if the miserly AI won't strengthen the team when they have the money then where is the challenge?

I've had little/ no problems selling or loaning any of my players.

Well that is heartening to hear. I'll see what my experience will be once I put more hours into FM11.

Random question: could it be that you can not send a player on loan in the same transfer window that you bought him? That wasn't the case in previous installments but I guess it would explain my problems.

I don't think you can loan out them out in the first window. Might be the entire year, but either way, you should tutor that player so you maximise the effect of loaning him out.

It does seem a little out of synch. You pay over the top fees for players but can hardly get rid of your own for what they are worth. Even when you do seem top get an offer for them all mine want me to pay half their wages to accept a lower offer elsewhere.