[FM11] Brambleten's Second International Adventure

brambleten

Brambleten's international adventure - Take II

After last year's attempt that failed as soon as i took up a club job due to no oportunities for an our of work World Cup and European Championship winner, I thought i would give this another go.

Using FM11 on 11.1 on steam

Leagues Loaded:

South Africa (Premier League Only)

China (Super League Only)

Malaysia (Super League Only)

Mexico (First Division Only)

Belgium (Second League and Above)

Croatia (First Division Only)

England (BSN/S and Above)

France (Ligue 2 and Above)

Germany (Second Division and Above)

Italy (Serie B and Above)

Holland (Eerste Divisie and Above)

Northern Ireland (Second Division and Above)

Portugal (Liga ZON Sagres Only)

Ireland (First Division and Above)

Russia (Premier Division Only)

Scotland (Third Division and Above)

Slovenia (First League Only)

Spain (Liga adelante and Above)

Switzerland (Super League Only)

Wales (Principality Welsh Prem Only)

Australia (A-League Only)

Argentina (Premier Division ONly)

Brazil (First Division Only)

Uruguay (First Division Only)

With a large database and current internationals from all continents.

As a result, there are quite a few international jobs to choose from (except Germany, forgot to have a look at that), but there is only one place to start my travels...

england-flag-03.jpg

Profile 1

Profile 2

My Youtube - I'll stick the best goals in this thread, but all of them will be found here, along with ones from my Gundo's challenge team in Wales and other saves.

Let the (lack of) Updates begin :)

Game 3 - European Championships Qualifier away vs Switzerland

Switzerland vs England

England Formation/Ratings

Not the greatest of starts away from home, conceeding 2 goals in the first 6 minutes, but Gerrard pulled one back on 14 minutes and substitute Joe Cole slid in to meet a cross at the far post on 89 minutes to grab us a point.

Game 4 - European Championships Qualifier at home vs Montenegro

England vs Montenegro

Unlike England in real life, my squad had no trouble in dispatching Montenegro, with goals from Own Goal, Theo Walcott and the screamer below from Bobby Zamora

[video=youtube;3kaeIRVnnVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaeIRVnnVo

Game 5 -Friendly at home vs France

England vs France

Crouch gave us the lead with a thumping header 6 minutes in, and Walcott doubled the lead just after the half hour. Remy pulled one back deep into the 2 minutes of added time at the end of the first half, but we held on throughout the second period.

So, after 5 games, England have moved up to 4th in the World standings, behind Spain, Holland and Germany, and here is the table for our European Cup Qualifying Group

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
|[b] 1st   |       | England     |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 7     | 3     | +4    | 7  [/b]   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Switzerland |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 7     | 3     | +4    | 7     | 
| 3rd   |       | Wales       |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 4     | 
| 4th   |       | Montenegro  |       | 4     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 3     | 7     | -4    | 2     | 
| 5th   |       | Bulgaria    |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 5     | 7     | -2    | 1     | 

Game 6 -Friendly at home vs Ghana

For the first time after calling up a squad, I had players withdrawn, with Carrick, Lampard and Walcott withdrawn. This, along with injuries to the likes of Ferdinand and Gerrard made the squad look slightly weaker than it has previously been.

England vs Ghana

Defoe opened the scoring with a good diving header at the back post from Adam Johnson's cross. Sulley Muntari got sent off on 57 minutes, and Crouch made it 2 a minute later. Ghana pulled one back a few minutes later, but on 77 Wilshere played Joe Cole through and he rounded the keeper. Wilshere repeated the trick in added time, allowing Defoe to flick it easily past the keeper. the only downpoint was Hargreaves getting a broken wrist.

Game 7 - European Championship Qualifier away vs Wales

Wales vs England

We opened the scoring when Walcott's cross was deflected and looped in for an own goal. Bellamy grabbed an equiliser just before the half hour, but Defoe grabbed the second with a great run from midway inside his own half (although the video below only shows the last part of it). Ferdinand headed us into a 3-1 lead just before half time, but our position was put into question on the hour when Glen Johnson got sent off for a two footed challenge on Bale which resulted in Bale going off with a sprained ankle.

edit:

forgot to put the video in

[video=youtube;7mLqjC2Us1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLqjC2Us1c

I picked him for the first squad, but then he got a Knee injury that ruled him out for 4 months. Since then i'm only picking players on form, and since Newcastle havent played him in a single game up to where i am currently (April 11), i cant really pick him over Zamora who is playing well for Fulham. just a pity i can never get anything useful from Rooney, much prefer Defoe up front with Crouch.

Game 8 - European Championship Qualifier at home vs Switzerland

England vs Switzerland

Gerrard gave us the lead early on when his shot from the edge of the area deflected in. Gerrard then turned provider 7 minutes later, threading a ball through the middle for Defoe to slide onto and finish. Rooney added a third just after the hour, but Switzerland pulled one back within 2 minutes. We held out to the end, giving Steven Taylor a debut for good performances through the season.

Game 10 -Friendly at home vs Holland

England vs Holland

Holland took the lead very early on, but we got an equiliser when Barry's shot was deflected in for an Own Goal. We took the lead 5 minutes after the break, when Gerrard lunged in to get a foot to Adam Johnson's corner. On 70 minutes Gerrard added his second from the penalty spot after Terry was hauled down. Barely minutes later, a clearance from Ferdinand hit Gerrard in the back and flew past a shocked Hart to make the last few minutes a bit edgy.

Nation      Played   Won   Drawn   Lost  For   Against   Win Rate   Achievements
England       10      9     1       0     28      9        90%       ----

Game 12 - European Championship Qualifier at home vs Wales

England vs Wales

A convincing home win to book our place in the European Championships. We took the lead when Downing's cross was poked in at the far post by Lennon for his first international goal. Lennon started the move that led to Downing also scoring internationally for the first time, with his pass finding Rooney, who then found Downing, who placed it in the net. Rooney added a brace, one either side of half time, before Joe Cole completed the scoring for England with a powerful finish from 10 yards out that went in off the crossbar. We went to sleep at the back, and Bale's cross found Evans unmarked, and he headed easily past Hart.

Archived