Training Screen Style - FM11 Vs. FM10 ?

Doyou think the Player Training screen in FM11 should have training sliders, just like in FM10?

FM10: (this is the best image I could find on Google, but those who've played FM10 would remember)

760224fm201010282221086.jpg

FM11 (Training sliders gone):

47987972.png

The FM10 Training screen allowed us to make Individual schedules for each player by simply copying and then modifying a current schedule, all without having to navigate to the Main Training tab for the whole squad. This was very convenient as you could quickly look at the attributes you need to train harder for and design your schedule accordingly, and as soon as you were done you could move to the next player's training screen with a single click.

Now, the FM11 training screen takes that solution away, and instead to create a schedule for a specific player you first have to go to the player profile, look at the current attributes to decide what areas to focus your schedule on -> then go to the main squad Training screen -> make new schedule which, strangely, cannot be directly based upon an existing one, so you have to fill up the training sliders from scratch -> then you either come back to players training screen and select the schedule you just created for him OR right click on the player's name somewhere and from the menu assign the schedule to him. And, Yes, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN FOR EACH PLAYER. The thing that has replace the training sliders in FM11 training screen though is an Attribute Development tab, wherein you can see how much each attribute has increased in the past one year. Only problem is, the graph is so tiny, you can barely see any 1-2 point changes!!!

Personally, I don't see why SI would remove the training sliders from each player's training screen. Where there are 3 tabs for Attribute Development, Position Development and Training levels, there could easily have been a FOURTH TAB for TRAINING SCHEDULE!

It'll be interesting to know what everyone else thinks...

The 'individual' sliders weren't individual.

If you changed it on one players personal screen it edited the training for everyone on that schedule.

You may not believe me, but this is how it was. You may have thought you were tweaking individual training but you were changing it for everyone on that particular schedule.

The new system - which is individual training is much better IMO.

Doyou think the Player Training screen in FM11 should have training sliders, just like in FM10?

FM10: (this is the best image I could find on Google, but those who've played FM10 would remember)

760224fm201010282221086.jpg

FM11 (Training sliders gone):

47987972.png

The FM10 Training screen allowed us to make Individual schedules for each player by simply copying and then modifying a current schedule, all without having to navigate to the Main Training tab for the whole squad. This was very convenient as you could quickly look at the attributes you need to train harder for and design your schedule accordingly, and as soon as you were done you could move to the next player's training screen with a single click.

Now, the FM11 training screen takes that solution away, and instead to create a schedule for a specific player you first have to go to the player profile, look at the current attributes to decide what areas to focus your schedule on -> then go to the main squad Training screen -> make new schedule which, strangely, cannot be directly based upon an existing one, so you have to fill up the training sliders from scratch -> then you either come back to players training screen and select the schedule you just created for him OR right click on the player's name somewhere and from the menu assign the schedule to him. And, Yes, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN FOR EACH PLAYER. The thing that has replace the training sliders in FM11 training screen though is an Attribute Development tab, wherein you can see how much each attribute has increased in the past one year. Only problem is, the graph is so tiny, you can barely see any 1-2 point changes!!!

Personally, I don't see why SI would remove the training sliders from each player's training screen. Where there are 3 tabs for Attribute Development, Position Development and Training levels, there could easily have been a FOURTH TAB for TRAINING SCHEDULE!

It'll be interesting to know what everyone else thinks...

Totally agree RE cloning a schedule. If widgets can be used in a 3d match engine why on earth can a drop down / pop up box not be used in the player training screen with the sliders fully adjustable within whilst viewing training develpment stats?

The 'individual' sliders weren't individual.

If you changed it on one players personal screen it edited the training for everyone on that schedule.

You may not believe me, but this is how it was. You may have thought you were tweaking individual training but you were changing it for everyone on that particular schedule.

The new system - which is individual training is much better IMO.

Excuse me for not being CLEARER in the opening post. If you have FM10, try this:

1. Go to the player's training screen.

2. Open the drop-down list of schedules (like the one shown in the screenshot above)

3. Choose 'New Schedule...' (which is HIGHLIGHTED in the screenshot - 'Nouveau Programme...')

4. Name the new schedule.

5. This new schedule is an exact copy of whatever was selected previously for that particular player.

6. Modify it to make it your own.

Now, READ THE OPENING POST CAREFULLY. The first line of the first paragraph below the screens says -

The FM10 Training screen allowed us to make Individual schedules for each player by simply copying and then modifying a current schedule

If you still didn't understand, then 'You may think you're right, but you've been unable to get the most out of what was a great game.'

Now that is annoying. The old way made it a lot easier to move players from one schedule to another, now you either have to keep switching between those screens or do it from the player profile and then use quick flicks to go onto the next player in the squad.

I can understand the OP's point. The new training screens make it harder for those who like to use indiividual schedules. I do remember a SI bod saying that they'll look into it, but I doubt that would be in a patch because of the amount of coding required.

Now that is annoying. The old way made it a lot easier to move players from one schedule to another, now you either have to keep switching between those screens or do it from the player profile and then use quick flicks to go onto the next player in the squad.

I can understand the OP's point. The new training screens make it harder for those who like to use indiividual schedules. I do remember a SI bod saying that they'll look into it, but I doubt that would be in a patch because of the amount of coding required.

Well, I don't want to comment on how much work it would be, but I do know one thing - If it is coded in the same way that panels are coded in this game, then it should not take more than a few hours for someone in the User Interface team at SI. And frankly, they could easily reuse some code from last year's screen and combine it with the code for Tabs on the training screen from this year.

Apparently there are big changes in the backgound of the training module, so there is no guarantee that those older panels will work without causing problems.

If they could work then perhaps soomeone in the skinning forum can do some kind of workaround, if they haven't already.

Apart from serious issues such as transfers/player happiness, this is probably my number one tiny complaint about this year's FM. Now my memory is kinda hazy, but in previous titles it wasn't exactly smooth either. But this year maintaining individual training schedules or simply training in general is a bit of a chore. Constantly switching between the player view and the training screen, schedules and players listed separately... some of this makes very little sense to me, you would think anyone would come up with the idea of seeing the players, their schedule, and the actual sliders all together.

One thing I hate is the fact that you always have to press on the schedule and then go into the players for the schedule. I want to see both at the same time like before.

This it really annoys me when trying to quickly check improvements.

Apparently there are big changes in the backgound of the training module, so there is no guarantee that those older panels will work without causing problems.

If they could work then perhaps soomeone in the skinning forum can do some kind of workaround, if they haven't already.

One can only hope. I could try to find and modify the panel XMLs for the training view. I've modified the opposition instructions and player instructions panels before, so maybe I could try something with training view too, although this just seems very complicated.

I'm trying to see if I can add the FM10 Player Training Screen into my FM2011 skin, however there is one problem. I have an idea where to modify FM11 files, but I can't seem to find my FM10 disc!

I would like to request anyone who has FM10, who can possibly upload the panels.fmf, screens.fmf and skins.fmf files from the 'data' folder of your FM10 installation to please do so on maybe Filefront or Mediafire and provide me a link. Hopefully, I'll be able to get an idea to incorporate the training schedule sliders into the player training screen and will release the skin once it's done...

I would really appreciate this little help guys, since I can't find the three files on the internet, and I don't really wanna have to download an illegal copy of the game just to get an idea of one single panel... :)

Since it's somewhat related i would like to add that the new training graph is too small in my opinion..

I may take a look at that, see if I can find more space for it... But first I need the three files - panels.fmf, screens.fmf, skins.fmf from FM 2010 'data' folder.

NOTE: I just realized, there is a chance FM 2010 did not have .FMF files. In that case, i'd really ppreciate if someone could upload the folders in 'data', named:

Panels

Skins

Screens

I agree with OP, here is the thread that a mate and I have done 2-3 weeks ago, exactly on the same problem

TFM2011 training view

Check out as well Riz' answer in this thread

NakS, this is great news that RIZ from SI thinks something can be done about it. Anyways, there is some good news. I have tried editing the panel xml files for the training screen, and have succeeded to some extent. I have been able to add a fourth tab on the player training screen, and connect it with the schedules. However, only once was I able to get the sliders to show in the tab, and then they vanished to leave me with an empty tab. I was hoping to ask some of the skins experts on this forum about the object names that I can use to connect the player's specific schedule to the training sliders tab. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm sure it's doable. Maybe one of these days when I get some time...

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have FM 2010, would ya? :)

• SI Staff

Just to update on this issue, we are looking to try and include a panel with the training schedule sliders in the "training levels" tab on the player profile training section. So you'd have the ability to edit the current training schedule (as long as it is a custom one, not one of the defaults) for the player in that one screen just like in FM2010. Would this iron out most of your issues ?

Just to update on this issue, we are looking to try and include a panel with the training schedule sliders in the "training levels" tab on the player profile training section. So you'd have the ability to edit the current training schedule (as long as it is a custom one, not one of the defaults) for the player in that one screen just like in FM2010. Would this iron out most of your issues ?

that would be a great addition.

Indeed – and rather than addition wouldn't it be reintroducing something that has been present in the previous titles? I'm fairly sure I recall this panel being in a player's Training tab (& getting angry at me being stupid and fiddling around with it and not realizing I'm doing it for everybody else on the schedule).

Come to think of it... having this panel could be made even better by giving the player some sort of an option along the lines of 'apply slider changes to the original schedule' or 'create a new schedule using the current setting', wouldn't that be fantastic!

Indeed – and rather than addition wouldn't it be reintroducing something that has been present in the previous titles? I'm fairly sure I recall this panel being in a player's Training tab (& getting angry at me being stupid and fiddling around with it and not realizing I'm doing it for everybody else on the schedule).

Come to think of it... having this panel could be made even better by giving the player some sort of an option along the lines of 'apply slider changes to the original schedule' or 'create a new schedule using the current setting', wouldn't that be fantastic!

addition in the sense that its not in fm11 :thup:

Riz, that would be splendid! :D

Also, suggest if I may, you could allow the ability to create individual schedules just like in FM 2010, where you would click on the drop-down box in the Player profile training screen and select 'New Schedule...' to create a schedule which is an exact copy of whatever schedule the player was on till then. This could then be customized for that particular player. So, in short, please add the ability to also create 'New Schedule' from that screen itself, rather than just being able to edit a previously assigned one.

• 3 weeks later...
Riz, that would be splendid! :D

Also, suggest if I may, you could allow the ability to create individual schedules just like in FM 2010, where you would click on the drop-down box in the Player profile training screen and select 'New Schedule...' to create a schedule which is an exact copy of whatever schedule the player was on till then. This could then be customized for that particular player. So, in short, please add the ability to also create 'New Schedule' from that screen itself, rather than just being able to edit a previously assigned one.

Boy am I glad I found this thread. I like doing my own schedules but this issue has been driving me crazy. I agree that there are group schedules IRL but that doesn't mean some individuals don't also do extra work either on their own or assigned by coaches be it in the weight room, extra running, or some other technical training. As has been stated this worked well in FM 10 and before. clonerohin1 is absolutely correct the "create New Schedule" (which was available in FM 10 and before) really needs to be part of the fix.

Thanks Riz for looking into this. I hope SI is able to get it sorted soon.

please yes!

I always create personal training schedules for each player and it get's kind of tedious having to flick through the various screens to do that as well as having to do it any time you need to make adjustments to the schedules...

Archived