DANNYTheBest

Football Manager 2011 not working

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me with this problem. Everytime i go to load up fm11 is says " Failed to create an empty document" and the game wont load up.

btw its on steam

thanks.......

Try deleting the cache and settings folders.

Like TheGulls said, have you let Steam patch the game or manually patched it yourself from a downloaded source? Always let Steam update the game if you use it.

Otherwise it sounds like something is having trouble opening a document, possibly a notepad settings file. Have you set any directories to read only? I might be way off but it just sounds like something is trying to open and can't.

Has FM11 run previously on Steam? Is this a new problem since the patch?

I've looked about but can't find where to post this question. I digitally downloaded FM2011 from Game and I've installed it and everything but when I try to open it, all I get is a little window called ByteShield that I can't do anything with. What do I do?

[quote name='Juventino167']I've looked about but can't find where to post this question. I digitally downloaded FM2011 from Game and I've installed it and everything but when I try to open it, all I get is a little window called ByteShield that I can't do anything with. What do I do?[/QUOTE]

Byteshield is the copy protection that you'll run in to when you download the game from sources other than Steam.

Have a look at [URL="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235550-For-those-of-you-struggling-with-Byteshield-Activation-Issues"]this thread[/URL]. :)

have you manually added the pc boxed game patch ?

Hi, this is happening to me as well, any ideas how to fix it? Really annoying me!

Thanks.