Passive Defending.

This is something i noticed early on in the game, but it did'nt seem too bad at first, i'm in season 3 now though and its gone from bad to worse, so much so that against my better judgement i decided to start a thread about it.

The best way to describe it is that when the opposition are attacking, my defenders seem to meander about uninterested, almost like zombies and their reaction time is snail like, especially anywhere near the 6 yard box.

It does'nt happen every game, so it is just so blatant when it does happen, even the keeper does it, instead of going to ground or for a 50-50 ball he just stands still and lets the ball go in right next to him.

I can almost perfectly predict when i'm about to concede and its starting to spoil my enjoyment of the game.

The amount of times opposing players with awful jumping and heading stats get good chances to score with their heads is comical, just because there is no attempt from my defender to challenge for the ball.

It is largely around the area of the 6 yard box and so many soft goals are going in its just not right.

Hopefully a few others will have noticed this, or maybe its already a known issue?

This is something i noticed early on in the game, but it did'nt seem too bad at first, i'm in season 3 now though and its gone from bad to worse, so much so that against my better judgement i decided to start a thread about it.

The best way to describe it is that when the opposition are attacking, my defenders seem to meander about uninterested, almost like zombies and their reaction time is snail like, especially anywhere near the 6 yard box.

It does'nt happen every game, so it is just so blatant when it does happen, even the keeper does it, instead of going to ground or for a 50-50 ball he just stands still and lets the ball go in right next to him.

I can almost perfectly predict when i'm about to concede and its starting to spoil my enjoyment of the game.

The amount of times opposing players with awful jumping and heading stats get good chances to score with their heads is comical, just because there is no attempt from my defender to challenge for the ball.

It is largely around the area of the 6 yard box and so many soft goals are going in its just not right.

Hopefully a few others will have noticed this, or maybe its already a known issue?

Not a new problem..been there since FM 09 and i think i opened a thread about it last year. Defending was improved in the pre-patched (demo) version but the problem has surfaced again in 11.1. Think SI are more interested in adding stupid animation moves than fixing this problem

Archived