Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're bored of waiting as was i, get access to a PC and open your saved game on that. mac saved games open on PC's and you can save them after editing with say, FMRTE and transfer it back to mac. it's not the easiest option i'll grant you, you need to install the game and patch on the PC and then install FMRTE but it does work.

Probably she's late with her actual work after being bad for a few days and have no time for side projects like Fm11sx. Be patient, the good thing is that Littleblue is reliable. No matter how long it takes, she always releases a version for the latest FM year after year.

what do you mean by that

Don't mean anything by it other than it's available as an alternative to FMSX.

I'm as big a fan as any and really looking forward to the new version but I'm just making other Mac user aware that an alternative is available until then.

Thanks a lot, TheUsualSuspect9!!! Great tip...

I followed your advice, looked into and now I have Genie Scout working on my Mac.

Anyone who's interested should start by looking at this thread: http://www.fmscout.com/i-761-Fm-Genie-Scout-for-Mac-with-CrossOver.html

Thanks! Was able to make it work after a while. I like FM11sx muuuch more, but this will do for now! Thanks :)

No problem, I hope it has helped you as much as it has me!

Any word from littleblue or anyone who has spoken to her recently? It's been a while since she's posted, hope you're okay LB

I haven't but I'm sure she's okay and just busy. This whole thing is really just a hobby of hers and we just have to accept that (after all it is free).

I was trying to determine the issue to see if I could just commit some temporary patch code but the whole loading thing is well over my head. It appears there is an issue during loads with the human data (mine crashes as I load variables which contain youtube logins and passwords). I'm afraid that we'll just have to wait till LB looks into it and determines what actually changed in 11.2.

On a positive side, she was already getting into providing an update to FMSX to load 11.2 files, so I'm sure it will occur as soon as she's back coding.

I used Winebottler to run GenieScout, there's a short guide to it on the rival website we all use (which shall remain nameless for the sake of SI ;-) ). Works perfectly, if a little slow to respond. I doubt it will work for fmrte though.

FMRTE needs .NET framework to run so I think it's a no-go when trying to use with Winebottler or Crossover. Genie scout runs a bit sluggish but works nonetheless. Ofcourse I'd rather be using a native Mac tool.

offleyhornet - little blue, the creator of this app was in the middle of updating it when she fell ill and went to hospital. The current version won't work with the latest patch.

We hope she's feeling better, but it's best for her not to rush things. In the meantime, you can use WINE with geniescout which works pretty well.

The project has died though... Same thing happens every year...

Why dont you learn how to make it and do it every year then yeah?

If not, stop the moaning you inconsiderate fool, littleblue's been to hospital, and all you go on about is how the project has 'died' ? She doesnt have to make this for us, but she does when she can, for gods sake, some people nowadays

Why dont you learn how to make it and do it every year then yeah?

If not, stop the moaning you inconsiderate fool, littleblue's been to hospital, and all you go on about is how the project has 'died' ? She doesnt have to make this for us, but she does when she can, for gods sake, some people nowadays

I haven't moaned, just an observation based on fact from the last few years. if it does happen I will be more than happy to donate to LB. For gods sake, some people...

I haven't moaned, just an observation based on fact from the last few years. if it does happen I will be more than happy to donate to LB. For gods sake, some people...

Well, I too have to disagree with you. It's not dead and it was not dead for last year's either. It it true that FMSX for FM2009 was not completed. But last year's FMSX for FM2010 is a fully working editor/scouting tool. And this year's FM works fine under 11.1. The facts are that at the time 11.2 came out LB got sick and is currently trying to get back up to date at her real work. That's not an excuse, just the facts about what happened. She started doing some of the code to enable it to work under 11.2 then got seriously ill.

Is it a bummer for all the people that use her great product? Yep. But things could be worse. Man City could actually buy...er...win the EPL.

Well, I too have to disagree with you. It's not dead and it was not dead for last year's either. It it true that FMSX for FM2009 was not completed. But last year's FMSX for FM2010 is a fully working editor/scouting tool. And this year's FM works fine under 11.1. The facts are that at the time 11.2 came out LB got sick and is currently trying to get back up to date at her real work. That's not an excuse, just the facts about what happened. She started doing some of the code to enable it to work under 11.2 then got seriously ill.

Is it a bummer for all the people that use her great product? Yep. But things could be worse. Man City could actually buy...er...win the EPL.

Fair enough smgran, just felt like I'd been here before, waiting, checking and hoping for news. Here's hoping a completed version arrives soon and that City don't win the league!!!

oh, and thanks for not getting overly aggressive, calling me a fool or an idiot or similar :)

Guest Nathan Corwin

I was wondering if there is any update. I hope a version compatible with the update comes soon. Also hope that littleblue is feeling better.

littleblue....

yes we all love you and the work you've done on fmsx.

yes we know you've got another job.

yes we know you've been sick (hope you're feeling better).

yes we know we're getting it for free (some of us have donated, so technically....)

but please just give us an update, updates on the google code site says you've implemented 11.2 support on the 16th December!

and Thanks.

littleblue....

yes we all love you and the work you've done on fmsx.

yes we know you've got another job.

yes we know you've been sick (hope you're feeling better).

yes we know we're getting it for free (some of us have donated, so technically....)

but please just give us an update, updates on the google code site says you've implemented 11.2 support on the 16th December!

and Thanks.

There are some issues with the 11.2 support. She started putting in the code for it, but more needs to be done to correctly load an 11.2 saved game.

I told LB I would try to get a working binary out that would enable 11.2 but the loading code part is way above my head and I could not fix the errors that occur when trying to load the 11.2 game files. It appears SI has added some additional variables within the human player's entity and that means LB will need to do her detective magic looking at the game files in hexadecimal to figure out what additional code she needs in FMSX to get it to load the files correctly.

I've emailed her where I thought the problems were and I know once she has the free time she'll be able to figure it all out.

Is she recovered? Is she well?

cheers

There are some issues with the 11.2 support. She started putting in the code for it, but more needs to be done to correctly load an 11.2 saved game.

I told LB I would try to get a working binary out that would enable 11.2 but the loading code part is way above my head and I could not fix the errors that occur when trying to load the 11.2 game files. It appears SI has added some additional variables within the human player's entity and that means LB will need to do her detective magic looking at the game files in hexadecimal to figure out what additional code she needs in FMSX to get it to load the files correctly.

I've emailed her where I thought the problems were and I know once she has the free time she'll be able to figure it all out.

Is she recovered? Is she well?

cheers

Yes, she's better now but she was saying it put her way behind in her work and was working like 14 hour days just to catch up.

The thing I've noticed is that when LB does get time to work on the editor she's able to really crank out tons of stuff, so overall I'm not really worried. We'll get a fully working editor for the Mac soon enough.

I also think that with all the big name transfers over the past week, it is pretty obvious there will be an 11.3 release from SI soon enough. I doubt it will be much more than transfer window stuff, regardless we'll all be starting new games to incorporate these massive signings. So I'm actually just looking for LB to get the loading part fixed before the expected 11.3. And folks shouldn't worry too much about a new database causing delays in FMSX. Typically minor database changes (like transfers, etc.) just mean that a new "database ID number" needs to be identified and added to the code base. It's usually a very small fix.

The big issue (and problem) with the 11.2 release is that it seems to have added some new data variables which FMSX does not recognize. Thus, LB needs to figure out what they are and then add them to the loading process FMSX does to our game files.

Hope you know that Mac Users truly appreciate the effort put into FMSX. It's a monumental sacrifice of time and I'm very grateful.

I also think that with all the big name transfers over the past week, it is pretty obvious there will be an 11.3 release from SI soon enough. I doubt it will be much more than transfer window stuff, regardless we'll all be starting new games to incorporate these massive signings. So I'm actually just looking for LB to get the loading part fixed before the expected 11.3. And folks shouldn't worry too much about a new database causing delays in FMSX. Typically minor database changes (like transfers, etc.) just mean that a new "database ID number" needs to be identified and added to the code base. It's usually a very small fix.

The big issue (and problem) with the 11.2 release is that it seems to have added some new data variables which FMSX does not recognize. Thus, LB needs to figure out what they are and then add them to the loading process FMSX does to our game files.

I have to agree with kickingbird...The same thing basically happens each year...it takes so long for LB updates to come out that they're almost obsolete because FM has released another update...it's almost always a long wait and sometimes her update never comes...that's not rude, it's just the truth...

That's why UsualSuspect's info was invaluable...Genie is a great program and you know it's going to be there and working all the time...If LB comes out with an update that works, I would almost consider it a bonus... But it you're waiting and counting on LB alone, you will often be frustrated...

I have to agree with kickingbird...The same thing basically happens each year...it takes so long for LB updates to come out that they're almost obsolete because FM has released another update...it's almost always a long wait and sometimes her update never comes...that's not rude, it's just the truth...

That's why UsualSuspect's info was invaluable...Genie is a great program and you know it's going to be there and working all the time...If LB comes out with an update that works, I would almost consider it a bonus... But it you're waiting and counting on LB alone, you will often be frustrated...

Hey, don't agree with me mrpeeps, i'm a fool. If Hendo9 calls you a fool, don't blame me... :p

Again, I disagree with the assertion that FMSX doesn't work. FM10SX worked just fine. And I'm currently using FMSX for FM2011. Yes, that means I don't update my game to the 11.2 release but I'm fine with that. You are obviously fine with using Genie with the ads stuff. And perhaps you like Genie better than FMSX. That's cool, it's your opinion.

Personally I feel about Genie the way you feel about FMSX. And so I'm fine waiting for LB's work. I like the fact that being an open source project I can see what the scouting and editor is really doing. And I like the fact that LB takes suggestions about the editor and scout from all of us and incorporates them into her work.

But, yes, I do think it's unfair to slam her after all the work she's done for the Mac FM players. If you like Genie, fine. Then use it, enjoy it and forgo the flame posts. They do no good and only harm. The rest of us are happy with LB and would like to keep her motivated toward our desires (a pure Mac FM Editor/Scouting tool). I think that's fair, surely.

Nobody is slamming her, my original point was that I know how many times I have checked for an update over the years. It's just my point of view and it seems I'm not alone. I don't think that by making my point littleblue will stop making the editor. Is this not a forum to discuss our points of view?

Nobody is slamming her, my original point was that I know how many times I have checked for an update over the years. It's just my point of view and it seems I'm not alone. I don't think that by making my point littleblue will stop making the editor. Is this not a forum to discuss our points of view?

I was commenting on mrpeeps quote of "...If LB comes out with an update that works, I would almost consider it a bonus...", which IMO is a slam.

But you are right. This is a forum and you're certainly free to express your opinion. I just don't see the value of hearing the same old argument of why some people don't like FMSX. It's a broken record. Yes, you are right and it is absolutely true that updates of FMSX do NOT coincide with updates from SI. We often have to wait weeks if not months after the updated database. So if that is unacceptable to you, run one of the windows beta programs on your Mac instead of the beta of FMSX.

I'd much rather just have this thread concentrated on specific details of the code base in terms of what is working and what issues with the beta need to be addressed. Instead of every now and then hearing about how someone else is upset that there are delays in the program.

And I do believe, because that's how I feel as well, that these plethora of comments ARE hurtful and do cause me sometimes to wonder if I should just stop doing work on FMSX for the community and instead just write code for my own personal scout for my own personal benefit. I'm not saying you have to love my work or LB's (who does the vast majority, like 99% of the coding for FMSX), but yes I do feel that free software (and donationware IS free software) should be taken and used if you want it. Given some "thanks" if you really like it, and ignored if you don't.

That's my 2 cents.

Hi! Looking forward to this. Will this be a full in-game editor or more of a scout? I'm looking for a way to change the maximum number of foreign players I can register in the Norwegian league, will this forthcoming app help me? Cheers!

Hi, I'm really looking forward to the release of the update, any news on when it will be, it sounded like it was almost done at the beginning of Jan on the Fm Scout page? I believe FMSX is great and I don't mind waiting too much, and I found it was great last year and did basically everything i wanted it to. I'm very grateful for the work done by LB on it each year.

Hi, I'm really looking forward to the release of the update, any news on when it will be, it sounded like it was almost done at the beginning of Jan on the Fm Scout page? I believe FMSX is great and I don't mind waiting too much, and I found it was great last year and did basically everything i wanted it to. I'm very grateful for the work done by LB on it each year.

An update from LB would be nice indeed!

Can we please get an update from LB herself, I don't think thats to much to ask, I am an ametuer programmer myself and i understand the strain she must be under but a little update to let us know how things are going would be appreciated. I have just recently switched to Mac and i love this app and would be more than happy to donate, but I am not donating towards the app if its not up to date. Just a quick word on how things are going, is it nearly done, how long does LB estimate it is going to take, is LB going to scrap the 11.2 update to FM11SX and just wait for 11.3, something, anything.

well....0.9.2 is up

Very sorry for the delay - life has been a bit upside down since I got out of hospital and been trying to catch up with real life. but for the moment 0.9.2 is up - not with all the features i wanted to add but a fair few (including 11.2 support)

btw, you guys have smgran to thank for poking me to get this out or it wouldnt have been up for another few weeks lol

also, in-app auto-updating *should* be working now so go check in-app :)

well....0.9.2 is up

Very sorry for the delay - life has been a bit upside down since I got out of hospital and been trying to catch up with real life. but for the moment 0.9.2 is up - not with all the features i wanted to add but a fair few (including 11.2 support)

btw, you guys have smgran to thank for poking me to get this out or it wouldnt have been up for another few weeks lol

also, in-app auto-updating *should* be working now so go check in-app :)

where abouts is it up to download? and is it combatible with 11.2 patch? sorry if these questions seem silly new to this

Archived