Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( :(

just had a horrible comment over at fmscout that kinda broke my spirits and would like to know if this is a general consensus and people would like me to handover development to someone else? copied below

Before I write this, just know I'm not trying to be overly mean or anything like that, but I'm getting fed up. I am also very appreciative of the time you put in, so don't let me being a ***** put you off.

I do have a problem, and I attach my save game for analysis. But I would also like to point out that every annual iteration of this piece of software has been as bad as the previous one, both for bugs, layout, GUI and overall design/usability.

I know this is down to a few factors, part time development and a significantly smaller OS X FM community to name only a couple.

However when bugs rendering every years version inoperable are not fixed, it really says something about the developer.

I am not a developer myself, but I would hasten to guess the 'donations' you ask for do nothing but entice you to spend time on fixing a few little things here and there and buying you groceries, because by the looks of it, it hasn't helped you become a better coder by any means.

I just wish the release wasn't so 'amateur', and was actually released in meaningful milestones. Give it some structure. Not just inconsequential updates here and there confusing (an already dumb) community. Wait 2 weeks longer and release a version with saving enabled! Or alpha test with friends! Really?!

Anyway. In this years version, the bug that has annoyed me beyond belief and made it impossible to use, is a memory leak. As soon as it starts to 'load people' it gets 3/4 done, freezes the progress bar and CPU usage hits 100% (not that it wasn't already) and RAM/memory usage shoots up with no stopping, rendering my Macbook Pro inoperable.

I haven't seen anyone post about the error, and I have looked for it, but it is a pretty glaring one. Hopefully my making light of it will help, although at the moment I would still rather use Parallels and drag drop saves between my Windows installation, my OS X installation and a Windows editor, than put up with this piece of (always awful and under-developed) software.

We are calling out for a new FM editor developer for OS X, and have been for some time!

In fact, I might order a book on Cocoa coding and start myself...

I might be being a girl about this but that made me almost cry. I am NOT a pro - I taught myself Cocoa JUST to make an editor for the community. I may be a long way from the best but I try very hard and I constantly learn new things and get better. This has always been my baby, a hobby - to call it continuously awful and under-developed.....

talk about things that kill your motivation to do a labour of love :( :(

just had a horrible comment over at fmscout that kinda broke my spirits and would like to know if this is a general consensus and people would like me to handover development to someone else? copied below

I might be being a girl about this but that made me almost cry. I am NOT a pro - I taught myself Cocoa JUST to make an editor for the community. I may be a long way from the best but I try very hard and I constantly learn new things and get better. This has always been my baby, a hobby - to call it continuously awful and under-developed.....

these people are the scum of the earth. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all of your work. do not let assholes such as this person break your spirit. you are doing a great thing for the community and for every idiot like this, there are hundred more that fully support you and all of your hard work. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Yeah dont listen to that person who made the comment, all programs will have little bugs which have to be fixed. For them to say all that stuff and then say they are not a developer, so what do they know? people shouldn't start mouthing off when they know nothing about it.

There will be allways this kind of persons. He's not a developer, so he doesnt even know what a variable is. Remember, there are only 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary; those who don't. Maybe when he realize the time spent on this app, when he learns Cocoa, he will have another opinion.

Amy, great work! Don't let the fools stop you!

Seriously don't let one man/woman s stupid remarks affect you in anyway. Easier said than done I know. But he/she has berated the whole FM MAC community as well as stupidly harping on about ********! I'm sorry littleblue and would like to not only confirm all that people have written above(and on other forums) with regards to their appreciation but also apologise for anyone who has offended you on these forums with requests or unappreciative idiotic remarks!

Remember its easy for this person to sit there and type behind a screen mouthing off! Youve produced what you call your 'baby' and its fantastic!

I'd also like to add that you clearly stated that this years version will be released alot quicker as the same module should be transferable. Patience is a virtue and your software has been ever improving and looks slicker and slicker year on year. I'm not sure how many donations you do get but I'm confident not many! I for one have never donated anything but will be doing now! And I urge others to do the same to show their appreciation!

Chin up Amy!

Don't worry mate I'm sure 99% of us really appreciate what you do. We are extremely grateful for your application (which was the reason why I even joined this forum in the first place). Keep up the good work!

And maybe if you feel like it why not find some people to do some coding with you in order to help keep up the pace? I'm not really familiar with it so maybe I'm suggesting something stupid here, but I imagine it is possible to have several people working on the same code without stepping on each other toes ?

And maybe if you feel like it why not find some people to do some coding with you in order to help keep up the pace? I'm not really familiar with it so maybe I'm suggesting something stupid here, but I imagine it is possible to have several people working on the same code without stepping on each other toes ?

fine by me but nobody whos ever come has stayed longer than a few weeks lol

Keep up the great work here LB!! You are my hero and I can't tell you how much I love your work! And can guarantee you that most of the visitors at my site visit it just for your great work! Like people said before, idiots will always exist, but as long as they only pop up their stupid little heads here and there we can live with it.. :)

I would love to help you with your work, but like you noticed in my PM I'm not so good at programming.. :D

Amy, the same kind of stuff is posted every day about FM2011. Should they stop developing football managament games? No, and you should not stop developing. Before you started there was no tool for the mac, now there is one and it is very good. Of course, it can be improved, that´s the difference to such people, they can't. :)

Amy, no matter what you do and how good you do it, this is the internet - where people find it easier to be negative and destructive rather than positive and constructive. It's the side-effect of the anonymity the internet provides, it gives cowards a platform to vent their anger against the world without any consequences. The unfortunate reality is that if you want to share something with the FM community, you have to grow a thick skin, as there will always be destructive cowards complaining about it. Even if what you're essentially doing is to provide them with free entertainment. It's the character of this generation - they feel entitled to everything, the way they want it.

Keep doing what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with it. You're not charging anyone for FM11SX, so they are not consumers, and therefor have no right to complain. The only choice they have is to either use it, or not.

Those types of comments are designed to break you down, that's the destructive intention from the one posting it. And unfortunately they succeed most of the time. Those type of comments have essentially chased me away from this forum to an extent. But just keep doing what you're doing, the assholes are a minority.

Amy, no matter what you do and how good you do it, this is the internet - where people find it easier to be negative and destructive rather than positive and constructive. It's the side-effect of the anonymity the internet provides, it gives cowards a platform to vent their anger against the world without any consequences. The unfortunate reality is that if you want to share something with the FM community, you have to grow a thick skin, as there will always be destructive cowards complaining about it. Even if what you're essentially doing is to provide them with free entertainment. It's the character of this generation - they feel entitled to everything, the way they want it.

Keep doing what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with it. You're not charging anyone for FM11SX, so they are not consumers, and therefor have no right to complain. The only choice they have is to either use it, or not.

Those types of comments are designed to break you down, that's the destructive intention from the one posting it. And unfortunately they succeed most of the time. Those type of comments have essentially chased me away from this forum to an extent. But just keep doing what you're doing, the assholes are a minority.

Agreed. And it should also be noted that probably 95% of the folks who have used FMSX10 and now 11 think "WOW, this thing is sooooo cool and I'm so happy someone..." and we all know who that someone is "...is nice enough to help out the Mac FM players."

Side note #1. Just read your FANTASTIC post on the topic "Player Attributes Explained" on your blog. Many many many thanks for putting that together, it has been invaluable for the Player Position Rating thingie that will be in FMSX.

Side note #2 LB we need a minor adjustment for the coaches stars. It's actually very very minor. Just delete the Set Pieces calculation and break out Shot Stopping and Handling for the Goalkeeping star rating (it's the same algorithm for both, same as what the goalkeeper one was last year). The algorithm for all other ratings are also the same as they were last year.

Amy ... believe me ... left that stupid silly man ... talk ... bla bla bla ... probably he had lots and lots of frustrations about our community for FMSX editor. Believe me he had probably even sex frustrations ... and he had to push on you, but don't believe him. You did and you do really a great work and i could tell if we want analyse ... we had really good step forward. Like GUI ;-), like new options and feature you include, really really lovely and great fast working. I found the last version really fast compare the 9.0.3 and specially compare to FMSX10.

Believe me ... even if you could always do better (and i'm sure. and talking for all ... we are sure) there are or is always someone that have to push on you ... and on your FMSX.

So in my opinion don't think about that stupid silly man and look forward of him.

As Mantralux say ... is easy to find stupid people. I read a thread where a stupid silly man (another ... oh god ... there are really much stupid man IoI) about her Arsenal tactic and so on. I can't believe and understand why people had time to be really really stupid.

********* ... you and all the nice people as you that work free ... are always to be respected.

Big Hug to you Amy

Marco

Side note #2 LB we need a minor adjustment for the coaches stars. It's actually very very minor. Just delete the Set Pieces calculation and break out Shot Stopping and Handling for the Goalkeeping star rating (it's the same algorithm for both, same as what the goalkeeper one was last year). The algorithm for all other ratings are also the same as they were last year.

hi smgran :) youll have to walk me through that one as you've confused me lol - send me a pm or email :)

everything thats there. stats, reps, contracts, stadiums, names, comps, nations, clubs, abilities, hundreds and hundreds of things

Oh wow, a lot more than expected. Thank you :)

Though I did try and edit the relationship page on the club but it freezes once I've changed the level but once it unfreezes, after I saved it, there are no change on the game in terms favored personnel

Just now I planned to make some changes and save a game for the first time in FM11SX. I'm well familiar with FM10SX so I know the procedures. But when I try to open the saved game in FM11 after I made my changes, it crashes every time. Is this something common?

Just now I planned to make some changes and save a game for the first time in FM11SX. I'm well familiar with FM10SX so I know the procedures. But when I try to open the saved game in FM11 after I made my changes, it crashes every time. Is this something common?

I haven't had an edited game crash on me when I loaded it.

This can happen because of course this is beta software and there are some things to be fix. I had this happen to me a few times in FM10SX and nailed down the problems to edits I made (sorry, I forget what they were exactly but it had something to do with a player out of contract or on loan contract or something like that).

Anyway, it would help if you mentioned some of the edits you made.

Archived