Fm11sx

littleblue50

Is there a chance you could make editing teams easier. Like instead of searching for each player individually. When you click your team another menu opens up that lists your squad and you can edit the contracts etc right there. I know it shows you the team right now but I can't see how to edit from that screen. Hope that makes sense :)

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any way to set a team as a 'B' team for another team?

funnily enough I just figured out how to do this a few minutes ago! and assigned Athletic Bilbao B to be Sheffield Wednesdays B team lol. Needs a bit of looking at the as its a bit unstable if you do but its the first step ni maybe one day allowing this functionality :)

updated WIP change list for 0.9.4

- club competition names are no longer half hidden in the header
- the heal team button in clubs now works properly
- fixed a bug loading news info type 'rfhp'
- fixed a bug where editing non-player reputations caused a freeze
- added reputation limits to peoples reputations in the editor
- player scout columns can now be shown/hidden
- added optional player scout columns for height and weight
- added optional player scout columns for international caps/goals and Under-21 caps/goals
- added optional player scout columns for all person stats
- added optional player scout columns for preferred staff roles
- added a player count column to club scout
- added optional player scout columns for all player stats
- fixed a bug preventing nation pickers working properly in the editor
- club physios and coaches now display in the editor
- moved club physios and coaches from team inspector to the club staff tab
- club B-teams can now be viewed in the club teams section of the editor
- club B-team links can now be removed in the club teams section of the editor

Yes in know that you can edit most of the key financial aspects. Although this is a great feature of an edit program such as FMSX11, i think this is unrealistic and to easy to build your club. I hoped that the Average Match Ticket Price and the Average Season Ticket Price would increase when you booked success with your club but is doesn't. That's a shame. When you look at a club like Arsenal who have a very high Average Match Ticket Price and Average Season Ticket Price, they make a lot of money by selling there tickets. Of course you need a big stadium or expand your stadium but this is possible in FM 2011.

I guess from reading your reaction smgran that it isn't possible or to difficult to make this feature possible in FMSX11?

I don't think it's impossible. And I agree with you, I'd rather have this edit than changing the balance which is a total cheat IMO. I like setting things up where if I'm successful the game will mirror that success, and being able to change the average ticket price, like you say, is the best way to do it.

I was just pointing out that when LB finds these things she's really like Sherlock Holmes picking up a burnt cigarette and exclaiming "Aha, it was the Russian Ambassador's footman who killed Lady Fairfax." So we just have to use what we have and hope she uncovers more surprises (like the b-team thing she just found).

what did you edit?
Player Contracts (Wages & Bonuses). Error has not occured since latest update. :thup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Agree with KorbenD. Could this be implemented?

Is there a chance you could make editing teams easier. Like instead of searching for each player individually. When you click your team another menu opens up that lists your squad and you can edit the contracts etc right there.

Agree with [/font] KorbenD. Could this be implemented?

That pop up screen with players on the team was designed more of a view only thing. It is of course possible to move views, change access, etc.

It's probably best to understand what additional things people want to be able to do and then LB can more easily figure out the right way to lay out the interface. For example, what team wide changes would be helpful? And how many users and how often would they need to use xxxxxx ability?

So it was brought up that it would be nice to be able to alter everyone's contracts from the club view. Is that the only thing that people need or is it more that you want to be able to access people's full data (everything you can edit from the people view) from the club view?

I think it would make it much easier if you could edit everything about a player from it if that screen popped up. Contracts , stats etc. Instead of manually typing in the name of the player and then going and changing what you want it could all be there as soon as you click a players name. Even if it was in sub menu's instead of pop ups.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you're just missing a framework that LB uses (it just needs to be in linked in Xcode). The framework should already be in the FMSX folder you got during check out (it's in a subfolder called BWToolkitFramework). You can quickly check if this is it by opening up the project and (looking on the left in Xcode) open up the Frameworks folder and then the Linked Frameworks folder and see if you have something called BWToolkitFramework. If not, then you just need to link it (because as said you actually already have it in the project folder).

Should look like this---

bwtoolkit.jpg

Here's a link that shows you how to add frameworks to Xcode.

updated WIP change list for 0.9.4

- fixed a bug loading news info type 'gnlp'
- added optional player scout columns for international caps/goals and Under-21 caps/goals
- fixed a bug where some staff stats would not display on the 1-20 scale in the staff scout
- staff scout columns can now be shown/hidden
- added optional staff scout columns for all person stats
- added optional staff scout columns for all applicable general stats from player scout
- added optional staff scout columns for all non-playing stats
- added optional staff scout columns for preferred staff roles
- fixed a long-standing bug loading fixtures
- club scout columns can now be shown/hidden
- added optional staff scout column for job

I'm pretty sure you're just missing a framework that LB uses (it just needs to be in linked in Xcode). The framework should already be in the FMSX folder you got during check out (it's in a subfolder called BWToolkitFramework). You can quickly check if this is it by opening up the project and (looking on the left in Xcode) open up the Frameworks folder and then the Linked Frameworks folder and see if you have something called BWToolkitFramework. If not, then you just need to link it (because as said you actually already have it in the project folder).

Should look like this---

bwtoolkit.jpg

Here's a link that shows you how to add frameworks to Xcode.

Thanks for your help, but that Framework is there in the correct place:

Screen_shot_2011-02-22_at_00.21.59.png

It's no huge worry, I can wait for the next release :)

excellent news re: adding second nationality being on the to-do list.

I use FM11SX to 'fix' inaccuracies in the default database that I discover whilst in game. These are mostly little things like players having incorrect primary nationality, playing position etc. To this end, could I make to requests for future releases?

Ability to add languages to a person's knowledge

Ability to edit player career history

Many thanks for your excellent work so far!

updated change list for 0.9.4

- fixed a bug where some staff stats would not display on the 1-20 scale in the staff scout
- added optional staff scout columns for all applicable general stats from player scout
- fixed a bug where nations set by nation picker would (in very rare occasions) not set the new nation
- scope nations can now be added to a media source
- media editing has now been split into general and association sections
- fixed some resizing issues in some sections in the GUI
- scope competitions can now be added to media
- journalists can now be added to media sources
- clients (players) can now be assigned to agents
- linked media can now be added to media sources
- journalists media can now by changed through a picker

excellent news re: adding second nationality being on the to-do list.

I use FM11SX to 'fix' inaccuracies in the default database that I discover whilst in game. These are mostly little things like players having incorrect primary nationality, playing position etc. To this end, could I make to requests for future releases?

Ability to add languages to a person's knowledge

Ability to edit player career history

Many thanks for your excellent work so far!

both those are good suggestions and on the to-do list :) wont be in 0.9.4 as thats almost done (waiting on an amazing new feature bound to be popular from smgran) but maybe 0.9.5

So here's a pic of the Best Position/Role rating. I just wanted to highlight a couple of details.

The system may look similar to what Genie does but it's actually quite different. Both try to look at the attributes a player has and rate them. The biggest difference is that the system for FMSX focuses more on roles instead of positions. The roles of course are what you set for each player within a team tactic. So not so much of whether the player is better as a Central Midfielder versus Attacking Midfielder but more of do you assign him the role of Advanced Playmaker or Deep Lying Playmaker, etc.

The system is not 100% yet and not all roles have been defined, but it's good enough for people to look at and play with and see if (hopefully) it helps in both creating winning tactics as well as scouting for that right player for the role you need.

A major difference in the FMSX formulas is that it does not rate players in terms of how good they are but instead of how well they match up with the roles assignable in the tactics creator. So you shouldn't use it to say "hey, this guy is a 92% and that one is 95% so the 95% player is better." That's not going to be true. Just use it to help identify the best role to play the player in.

example1.jpg

0.9.4 is up now.

Changes:

- fixed a bug where nations set by nation picker would (in very rare occasions) not set the new nation
- scope nations can now be added to a media source
- media editing has now been split into general and association sections
- fixed some resizing issues in some sections in the GUI
- scope competitions can now be added to media
- journalists can now be added to media sources
- clients (players) can now be assigned to agents
- linked media can now be added to media sources
- journalists media can now by changed through a picker
- going back from an entity to the main entity search section no longer just shows the previously selected item until you search again
- added a best position/role column to the player scout
- the User Manual link now directs to the correct page
- added a little easter egg :o)

Re: Best Position/Role Rating

Excellent feature littleblue50/smgran :thup:

Just keep in mind it's not 100% right now. You currently can only see the best position/role, although the next release will have a separate window that shows all their ratings at every possible position/role. And I'm sure there will be some adjustments needed to some of the formulas (in fact I already found an anomaly with Advanced Playmaker calculations). Not to mention I have not yet added GK formulas so all keepers show as 100%.

Can someone post a link on here please cos the front page of this thread says download coming soon, sorry for the inconvinence.

Actually any of those links on the first page will get you to the project home page which has a big Downloads link on it.

This is project home page.

But more importantly, I want to know what the Easter Egg is that LB put in. ;)

When using the Heal Team function, it seems that all of the players' morales go to Okay. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, the heal team clears out injuries and resets everyone to the middle value for morale, but the others (Jadedness, Condition, and Fitness) are set to best values. I'm guessing from your question that you would want Morale to "Very Good" and I see that point.

LB- If it's okay with you I can make that change, I'm right now fixing the position/role thing (I left them as integer and so the sorting for the max value is messed up).

Yes, the heal team clears out injuries and resets everyone to the middle value for morale, but the others (Jadedness, Condition, and Fitness) are set to best values. I'm guessing from your question that you would want Morale to "Very Good" and I see that point.

LB- If it's okay with you I can make that change, I'm right now fixing the position/role thing (I left them as integer and so the sorting for the max value is messed up).

Awesome, thanks!

of course :)

Happy birthday LB!

Having a little trouble since the latest update (0.9.4), when I click on a person it takes me to another random player. Ie. click on Del Piero, brings up person data from Theo Walcott. Happens on all of my saved games.

Happy birthday LB!

Having a little trouble since the latest update (0.9.4), when I click on a person it takes me to another random player. Ie. click on Del Piero, brings up person data from Theo Walcott. Happens on all of my saved games.

hmm... lookikng into it now - if i find the bug ill put out a hotfix

is it after a search?

Archived