Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there and estimate to when 0.9.3 will be available ? Still can't get 0.9.2 to load and really really really want to use your programme.

What was your issue again? Also can you launch the Console before you try to load a game with 0.9.2 and then post what it shows right up to the time it crashes? If you are unfamiliar with it, Console is in your Utilities folder, make sure to select "system.log" on the left sidebar which will show a lot of info about the loading of a game file.

The problem was that it crashed when it got to around 75% of the way when it was loading people. I did what you told me and it loaded up fine with no errors. So wondering it the problem was my saved game had errors in it and not fmsx. But its weird that I tried it a few times with different save points and it never worked before.

The fm11sx app works although it does shut down when loading but when i relaunch it, it works. What my problem is that when i try and load the saved game i edited, halfway through loading it, it says "football manager 2011 is running low on memory, please quit" and then it says "football manager 2011 has run out of memory , it will now quit" the strange thing is it let me load my other save games i havent edited

well i changed a players name and upped his stats properly + upped a couple more players CA and PA through the team eye thing. I increased a stadium a bit and also a player that was on loan to me who i wanted to sign, on his club history i deleted the club he was on loan from hoping he would stay at me or become a free agent. phew, i think thats it

deleting the club he was on loan to is probably what did it :) Problem with complex editing - with great power comes great responsibility.......and great ability to mess things up lol.

as a rule of thumb i wouldnt recommend doing anything that couldn't actually be done in game :)

uh oh, can i like reverse it or something or is that save gone forever?

Hopefully you have the option "Automatically Backup Games Before Saving" checked in the Preferences of FMSX. It should be since that's the default so unless you unchecked it you're okay. Once you try to save an edited game it will backup a file called yourgame'sname Original.fm in your game folder.

So check there now and see if you have one.

That one (with "Original" at the end) is your game WITHOUT any of your edits.

deleting the club he was on loan to is probably what did it :) Problem with complex editing - with great power comes great responsibility.......and great ability to mess things up lol.

as a rule of thumb i wouldnt recommend doing anything that couldn't actually be done in game :)

Okay, this is a GREAT tagline.

"FMSX: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

:D

changes for 0.9.3 so far:

- fixed player stat conversion GUI (ie showing 1 instead of 19 or 2 instead of 20)

- you can now import FM shortlists into the scout

- a notification now displays to tell you an FMF file has been successfully extracted when using the tool

- a notification now displays to tell you lang_db.dat has been successfully extracted when using the tool

- editor now correctly checks for updates in background on startup if the appropriate preferences are set

- fixed a bug editing relationship levels in people, clubs and nations

- players can now be properly transferred between clubs

- fixed a bug loading humans in some situations

- added a player positional visual view to player preview in scout

- scout search criteria can now be saved, shared and loaded

- fixed a bizarre fixture loading bug

Just a quick question. If i have made a fair few changes in the editor should it take a good while to save the game?

I have saved the game but the progress bar has been frozen on 'saving person stats' for a good few minutes now.

um smgran, what would you say if i were to tell you i deleted it because i thought the back up ones were taking up the memory :/

Ouch. Well, in the future try to keep at least one backup. The game files aren't that big (I think the biggest ones I've had are like 100MB). And it's a good practice (FOR EVERYONE) to keep the game file you have prior to any edits as an emergency backup. Remember FMSX is Beta software and that means it's going to have some bugs.

Just a quick question. If i have made a fair few changes in the editor should it take a good while to save the game?

I have saved the game but the progress bar has been frozen on 'saving person stats' for a good few minutes now.

Saves are usually fairly quick, even with edits it shouldn't take any longer than the loading process. There may be an issue there.

It's probably a good idea to do a few edits at a time and then try a save.

Hi lb i cant seem to get the team heal to work? and also if i manage to get it to work does this also boost morale and condition? thanks

The heal team sets the following:

Removes injuries from all players

Sets "Condition" to max

Sets "Fitness" to max

Sets "Jadedness" to zero

Sets "Morale" to Good

Now, when you say you can't get it to work, when you select it does everyone's injuries go away?

Hi Littleblue -

Great to see you here on the forums again, and thanks so much for the update to FM11sx!! Can't thank you enough for such a great tool for mac users. One request: could the player preview screen also display other attributes like Ambition, Professionalism, etc?

One problem that's popping up: unfortunately the scout feature on one of my saved games isn't working when you try to search in the name field. Typing in a player's name or club name, then clicking the 'scout' button, comes up with nothing. It works when you use the Edit Attribute Filters field, so it finds players that way, but nothing at all if you're just trying to scout by individual name or club.

It's a game that's in 2014 now and has 134k people, so I don't know if that's contributing to the problem; on another game that I've just started, the scout engine works fine. Should I upload it for you, or is this already a known issue? And where do I upload it?

No matter what, this is such a great tool, and thanks again!!

How can we keep stats at 20? Keeps going back to 15 / 16. I changed CA and PA and put 100 on RIGHT FOOT and 5 on LEFT FOOT. Don't know what else I can do to get them to stay at 18/19/20 :/

So this is actually an issue of the game itself and not FMSX. I wrote some long description of this issue awhile back but essentially some attributes adjust in the game continuously.

You should also remember that it is impossible to have all attributes at 20 even with a CA of 200. The game itself "weights" attributes so that some eat up CA points more than others. For example, some physical attributes count more against CA than others attributes. So even if you set say Finishing to 20 (and other attributes are high as well) when you load the game Finishing may not actually stay at 20 and instead fall back to that 15 or 16 you see.

The raising of attributes is more of an art than a science because the details of the game are not exactly known. So again, this is not really an FMSX issue but instead a function of the Football Manager game.

Hi Littleblue -

Great to see you here on the forums again, and thanks so much for the update to FM11sx!! Can't thank you enough for such a great tool for mac users. One request: could the player preview screen also display other attributes like Ambition, Professionalism, etc?

I'll add these now, good point, those are important things to see when scouting.

One problem that's popping up: unfortunately the scout feature on one of my saved games isn't working when you try to search in the name field. Typing in a player's name or club name, then clicking the 'scout' button, comes up with nothing. It works when you use the Edit Attribute Filters field, so it finds players that way, but nothing at all if you're just trying to scout by individual name or club.

It's a game that's in 2014 now and has 134k people, so I don't know if that's contributing to the problem; on another game that I've just started, the scout engine works fine. Should I upload it for you, or is this already a known issue? And where do I upload it?

No matter what, this is such a great tool, and thanks again!!

I'll look into this, although knowing LB she'll probably find the issue and get it fixed before I can even figure out what's wrong.

;)

Hi Littleblue -

are you searching by name while also searching by attributes? or searching by name and nothing else?

is it only certain things or times you search that fails or is it random and sometimes working?

can you up the game for me to look at if it isn't random?

The heal team sets the following:

Removes injuries from all players

Sets "Condition" to max

Sets "Fitness" to max

Sets "Jadedness" to zero

Sets "Morale" to Good

Now, when you say you can't get it to work, when you select it does everyone's injuries go away?

No nothing :( and if it helps when i goto the heal team screen the 1st team is blank although you can still view with the eye (hard to explain) next line shows reserve then next line under 18 but 1st line is blank??? hope that makes sense.... if not im a ****!

Just wanted to say that mine works perfectly, never had any problems. So thanks LB.

I'm sure I'll get flamed but...... this game works best if you use the editor as a scout and just do some subtle editing. If you're using it to create a wonderteam with no injuries and 11 superstars, how much fun is that?

No nothing :( and if it helps when i goto the heal team screen the 1st team is blank although you can still view with the eye (hard to explain) next line shows reserve then next line under 18 but 1st line is blank??? hope that makes sense.... if not im a ****!

so are you saying the injuries, etc are not gone in the editor or they arent gone in fm after yo save the edited game?

are you searching by name while also searching by attributes? or searching by name and nothing else?

is it only certain things or times you search that fails or is it random and sometimes working?

can you up the game for me to look at if it isn't random?

Searching by name always comes up empty, whether a person's name or a club name. Searching by attributes alone does bring up a list of the players matching those attributes (whoo-hoo!), but if I just want to, say, do a quick search of all the players on a club, or a person's name, nothing appears, whether it's a name-only search, or in combo with attributes. Seems like it's happening all the time with this particular save; I normally hold onto a save file for every few months of game-time, and loading each one comes up with the same problem. Again, though, a game that's less than a year in works just fine.

How/where do I upload it? Thx for taking a look; it's not a huge problem b/c I can work around it, and, of course, everything else works great.

Searching by name always comes up empty, whether a person's name or a club name. Searching by attributes alone does bring up a list of the players matching those attributes (whoo-hoo!), but if I just want to, say, do a quick search of all the players on a club, or a person's name, nothing appears, whether it's a name-only search, or in combo with attributes. Seems like it's happening all the time with this particular save; I normally hold onto a save file for every few months of game-time, and loading each one comes up with the same problem. Again, though, a game that's less than a year in works just fine.

How/where do I upload it? Thx for taking a look; it's not a huge problem b/c I can work around it, and, of course, everything else works great.

ive never had that problem before and never come across that bug myself so im curious too - you can use transferbigfiles.com or sendspace.com to up it

got your game and bug now fixed :)

You do not realise how happy you've made me!! lol I haven't had internet for over a month and today I'm finally back online! So I come on to find not just one update but TWO!! THANK YOU SO MUCH littleblue50 :D I've actually held off starting my 4th season so I can use your editor and scout......

Archived