Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't yet support 11.3 though.

...and it probably won't for a long while:

Sorry guys,

but I don't know when I will be able to release a new version of iFMRTE..

I won't have enough time in the nexts months to work on the FMRTE project, after updating the windows version to the 11.3 patch there will be no new version of FMRTE for a while...

That's got to be the understatement of the year.

The big differences between the two is FMRTE requires the game to be running (at least the full working Windows version did when I used it in the past) because it is a Real Time editor (hence the name). And clearly the Mac version of FMRTE is no where near a full working editor or scout. FM11SX is an in-game editor which means you can still edit the game but that it saves a new separate game file which you need to reload in Football Manager to use.

The big similarities between the two. Both can edit massive amounts of data from your game files. Both are beta software and can screw up your game files (so backup your original game file). As LB says, "With great power comes great responsibility"

FM11SX is more like a cross between FMRTE and Scout Genie, using best practices to give us Mac users of the game something really cool to use without having to worry about the mire of Windows.

NOTE: The most current version of FM11SX is not yet 11.3 capable.

thanks a lot m8 :p

Hi Littleblue, excellent work. Is there anyway you can edit a players home-grown status? I tried using the no. of days at club etc. but didn't seem to work. I qualified for europe a year a head of my plan, and my younger players haven't changed to trained at club in time. :-(

It doesn't yet support 11.3 though.

A new version supporting the latest 11.3 patch will be up in a couple of days. That has been confirmed by Braca. After that no more work will be done with that editor for a couple of months due to lack of time..

I don't know whether somebody else has suggested it but as I like to managed international teams on my game along with club a Heal Team for the nations would be brilliant for me. Thanx

I think that may be possible. We don't have international teams available in the Nations tab (which is where I think it would go). So I'll take a look and see if I can get the international teams loaded. And if that works, then it should be pretty easy to add the same heal team function used for clubs.

just a bit of tweaking and it is being worked on :)

But I want to also mention that LB is doing some major work on the core of FM11SX. She's making some significant changes which are making it load files faster while reducing the memory requirements (a very good thing for those of you with really big game files). There's also a good deal of code cleanup going on which is also a very good thing (for performance, reducing potential random crashes, etc.).

erm... how do I use this version built? I just downloaded tge 11sx thinking its the latest version... no?

Keep in mind this project is open source, that means you have the ability to "make" your own working copy of FM11SX.

I've posting instructions on how to do this on the wiki here.

What you are doing is using the most current code releases to literally build a working copy of the app (don't worry it's not actually that difficult to do and NO, you don't have to be a programmer to do it). But note that this method is using code that creates a version that may be unstable.

Stable releases are done by LB and are available on the download page here.

The most current stable release (0.9.4.2) does NOT support 11.3 game files.

To get 11.3 support you must compile your own version from the code base (again instructions are on the wiki page).

Just a follow on to the whole 11.3 issue.

SI did a very odd (I'd even go as far as to say terrible) thing with the 11.3 version and database. In the past all the versions had a unique ID number which we (and all the other scout and editor programs out there) would read so that our programs would be able to know which version the user had and thus could allow our programs to correctly work with different versions.

With 11.3 they are using the exact same identifier as the 11.2.x had. This means that LB had to figure out what makes 11.3 game files different from 11.2 and make a workaround so that FM11SX would know which version it was loading.

Of course, SI writes their code for their program and owes no responsibility to maintain patterns that third party editors/scouts use to decipher game files, however they do encourage the expanding and enhancing of the game by third parties and the community. So it that respect, I'm really ticked off that they have caused a fairly major hurdle in getting out a good clean FM11SX that supports 11.3.

Keep in mind this project is open source, that means you have the ability to "make" your own working copy of FM11SX.

I've posting instructions on how to do this on the wiki here.

What you are doing is using the most current code releases to literally build a working copy of the app (don't worry it's not actually that difficult to do and NO, you don't have to be a programmer to do it). But note that this method is using code that creates a version that may be unstable.

Stable releases are done by LB and are available on the download page here.

The most current stable release (0.9.4.2) does NOT support 11.3 game files.

To get 11.3 support you must compile your own version from the code base (again instructions are on the wiki page).

I tried doing this exactly as that Wiki page explains, but it gives me 16 errors when compiling.

thanks for everything thus far, but just to confirm, we need to make our own working version that supports 11.3 as there will be no official release?

or will the official release happen later, because I for one am happy to wait :)

thanks again

jonathan

No, errors unfortunately, so the build fails. They all start with 'Unable to resolve plug-in dependency for [...]'?

Usually, that's due to a missing framework. You need to have the following frameworks installed (see the pic below). Some of them will already be there. But you may be missing the BWToolkitFramework and the PSMTabBarFramework.

frameworks.jpg

Here's a website that shows how to install frameworks into Xcode.

Please note: These frameworks are inside the project folder you download during a checkout from the repository. But they need to be install into Xcode to work correctly.

Usually, that's due to a missing framework. You need to have the following frameworks installed (see the pic below). Some of them will already be there. But you may be missing the BWToolkitFramework and the PSMTabBarFramework.

Here's a website that shows how to install frameworks into Xcode.

Please note: These frameworks are inside the project folder you download during a checkout from the repository. But they need to be install into Xcode to work correctly.

I'll check that out, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. =)

there WILL be an official release soon. Inpatient people can build there own version now but it will be buggy as im doing alot of work on the code :p

Thanks littleblue

I fall into the patient category! Appreciate all your hard work, and look forward to the release, whenever that may be :)

current change list for 1.0RC1 (still WIP and more to come)

- fixed a bug displaying penalties stat column in player scout
- fixed a bug displaying teamwork stat column in player scout
- the scout no longer opens in a separate window
- game loading time has been greatly reduced
- memory usage has been reduced
- associated clubs can now be added to media sources
- regional divisions can now be added to clubs
- nation pickers now close properly
- city pickers now close properly
- the editor section now has a brand new UI
- added nation editing to local areas
- fixed a bug where various entities would cause a crash if displaying where no name had been set by the game
- stadium changes now have proper, descriptive names
- added city pickers to competition boundary city selections in the editor
- added competition level field to the editor
- removed business type from sponsor editing as it has changed, so wouldn't correctly work
- added 11.3 support
- fixed a bug where player name generation would cause a crash in the rare situation where an assigned name is empty
- continent background images and logos now display in the continent section if present in a users graphics folder
- competition background images and logos now display in the competition section if present in a users graphics folder
- the player preview panel in the scout now shows a female default head image if the person is a woman
- the player preview panel in the scout now shows the players photo if the image exists in the users graphics folder
- added a city picker to media source editing
- adding competitions to media sources now adds the correct ID
- removed the defunct "group membership" from nation editing
- added nationality gain type editing to nation editing
- added length, width and area editing to nation editing
- added population editing to nation editing
- added east asian ethnicity to person editing
- changed 'media' title to 'current employer' in journalist editing
- added 'size of agency' to agent editing
- added 'style of writing' to journalist editing
- added character trait editing to journalist editing
- added honesty and curiosity to journalist editing
- added agreement viewing and removal to nation editing
- added banned player viewing, adding and removal to nation editing
- added agent viewing, adding and removal to nation editing
- added coefficient editing and removal to nation editing

I have no idea what im missing, but could someone please quickly tell me how to transfer players with the app?

Much Appreciated.

With the major revamp, we'll need a complete rewrite of the manual, but here's the quick answer for the current stable version (0.9.4.2). You can transfer a player by selecting the player you want to transfer and then under the Tools top menu item, select Person Actions then Transfer. From the pop up list pick the new club you wish the player to be "transferred" to.

I put that in quotes because this isn't like a real transfer in which he will have played for one club and then begin a new stay at the new club. Instead it merely changes the club contract (and thus moves him to the new club). So any stats he had at the prior club will appear that he got at the new club. A little confusing, so maybe I should say it makes it look like he's been at the new club for the entire season. So if he played 15 games and had 8 goals at Club A and then you transfer him to Club B, it's not going to show any stats for Club A and instead show that he played 15 games and has 8 goals at Club B.

I don't currently have XCode installed so was wandering if anyone could share the most recent code already compiled. If anyone would be happy to, it would be much appreciated! (If not, I'll just be patient...)

I don't currently have XCode installed so was wandering if anyone could share the most recent code already compiled. If anyone would be happy to, it would be much appreciated! (If not, I'll just be patient...)

I can do that for you, but I'd recommend just waiting a couple of days as LB is adding stuff daily to the upcoming 1.x release. But if you're desperate due to 11.3 issues, just send me a PM.

ive tried it loads of times and it dont seem to work!!! is it like fmrte it heals the whole team??? im sure it dosnt work

Unlike FRMTE, this is a save game editor. You have to save your game, close FM and then edit / heal. Then you save the changes in FM11SX, quit the application and then open the edited save game file in FM.

Updated WIP change list for 1.0RC1

- fixed a bug where various entities would cause a crash if displaying where no name had been set by the game
- removed business type from sponsor editing as it has changed, so wouldn't correctly work
- added 11.3 support
- fixed a bug where player name generation would cause a crash in the rare situation where an assigned name is empty
- continent background images and logos now display in the continent section if present in a users graphics folder
- competition background images and logos now display in the competition section if present in a users graphics folder
- the player preview panel in the scout now shows a female default head image if the person is a woman
- the player preview panel in the scout now shows the players photo if the image exists in the users graphics folder
- added coefficient viewing, editing and removal to nation editing
- added human player pool viewing, adding and removal to nation editing
- added recent FIFA ranking points viewing, editing and removal to nation editing
- added shortlist viewing and shortlist minimum reputation editing to nation editing
- added transfer preference viewing and editing to nation editing
- added spoken language viewing and editing to nation editing
- added nations treated as EU viewing to nation editing
- added nations treated as non-foreign viewing to nation editing
- added FIFA ranking matches viewing to nation editing
- added future regen viewing and editing to nation editing
- added tactics editing to nation editing
- ID lookup tool now looks up IDs from UID as well as row ID
- added staff (coaches/physios) to nation editing
- default nation logos now show if no custom logos are assigned
- added alternative stadiums to nation editing
- completely revamped kit editing (Diego_Werderdona should be happy)
- added kit & colour editing to nation editing

Updated WIP change list for 1.0RC1

- added 11.3 support
- added coefficient viewing, editing and removal to nation editing
- added human player pool viewing, adding and removal to nation editing
- added recent FIFA ranking points viewing, editing and removal to nation editing
- added shortlist viewing and shortlist minimum reputation editing to nation editing
- added transfer preference viewing and editing to nation editing
- added spoken language viewing and editing to nation editing
- added nations treated as EU viewing to nation editing
- added nations treated as non-foreign viewing to nation editing
- added FIFA ranking matches viewing to nation editing
- added future regen viewing and editing to nation editing
- added tactics editing to nation editing
- ID lookup tool now looks up IDs from UID as well as row ID
- added staff (coaches/physios) to nation editing
- default nation logos now show if no custom logos are assigned
- added alternative stadiums to nation editing
- completely revamped kit editing (Diego_Werderdona should be happy)
- added kit & colour editing to nation editing

Sounds like you're putting some serious work into this update LB. Really excited for the new release. Memory and loading time reductions are particularly appreciated, as my little MacBook sometimes gets bogged down when loading longer saves.

Sounds like you're putting some serious work into this update LB. Really excited for the new release. Memory and loading time reductions are particularly appreciated, as my little MacBook sometimes gets bogged down when loading longer saves.

I think everyone is going to be really blown away by the performance increases. Plus the new interface is cleaner and easier to navigate.

Archived