[FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland -- Gorgeous, Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

Which is better?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Fairyland
    • Ghost

This poll is closed to new votes

A few questions regarding the player instructions of this tactic before i try it. Some settings just seems impossible, might be just 11.2 ruining my game.

Is the left central back and 5 other players really supposed to lurk outside the area in corners? In addition all 10 players have defensive mentality, (goalkeeper has maximum attacking mentality though) is this correct?

Not sure about the corners cos I have got my own routine that works - but re mentalities - yes all players except GK ARE mentality 5, GK is 20.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is there any way of getting the proper Ghost tactic settings back? I've tried deleting and re-importing on the manage tactics tab but it doesn't work. I'm a bit annoyed as this tactic is brilliant.

maybe delete and try to choose other default tactic 1st, then import? or delete and save game, then import again?

not sure it works anot.. but can try.. ^^

I have been using this tactic with Leeds in the 1st season for about 10 games with mixed results. My best result was a 1-1 draw with Chelsea in the cup. That was until the replay when this happens:

leeds1.png

Hopefully I can find some consistency in the league and move up the table.

I used this for my season at Crewe in league 2.

We went up as champions by 18 points.

I had a massive dip in form just after the new year, and went 6 games without a win. I found that the normal tactic the opposition was exploiting as it is quite attacking, so I started to play with the Control tactic by default and instantly I won the next 6 games without conceeding a goal.

If a team is going to sit back and defend and shove everyone behind the ball then theres an arguement for either tactic, but personally I found when they constantly have 1 chance and score 1 goal, the best thing to do is just go with control for a few matches this mixes it up a little bit and its almost like saying well good luck countering that.

After those 6 games, I found teams started coming after me a bit more, so switched back to starting with Normal, and changing to control when 2 up. I think Control is actually the better tactic, as there arent many limitations with it, there arent any weaknesses in it, other than the fact your players arent going to be trying to batter the teams.

The defence in 11.2 is shockingly bad. It wasn't that great before the patch tbh but now it's terrible. It really needs some tweaking. 21 goals in 12 games conceded, say no more.

Defenders are Ridgwell, Bassong, Jonsen and Mongongu. Not a brilliant defence but not that bad either with some good pace in it.

Goal keeper is Foster who isn't brilliant but pretty decent.

Edit - Tried out the nike defence but didn't seem to have much joy. Maybe my defenders are just crap.

Tactic is not everything... you still have about 50 decisions to make when entering a game... but i guess people just want to download a tactic, click next next = 10-0 ... wow... what a good tactician i am ... i did chose the best tactic on the internet... didn't I ???

There is nothing wrong with the tactic, and to go and say "shockingly bad" ... i say, pls restrain yourself... tactic is not everything. I had games with 0-2 before half time, and with some clever OI + Shouts + halftime TT+ subs i turned them around to win with 4-2 .... you still have to work with this game, you know?

When i switch to the control tactic does it take away from the attack. As in when i go 1-0 up and change to control am i less likely to score again?

and does anybody just use the normal tactic without the control tactic? does this work? any success?

Tactic is not everything... you still have about 50 decisions to make when entering a game... but i guess people just want to download a tactic, click next next = 10-0 ... wow... what a good tactician i am ... i did chose the best tactic on the internet... didn't I ???

There is nothing wrong with the tactic, and to go and say "shockingly bad" ... i say, pls restrain yourself... tactic is not everything. I had games with 0-2 before half time, and with some clever OI + Shouts + halftime TT+ subs i turned them around to win with 4-2 .... you still have to work with this game, you know?

I never said this tactic was shockingly bad, I said the defending was, and only since patch 11.2. Luckily you can score 4-5 goals a game so you can afford to conceded 2+goals per game which I do and is a big problem for me). You said yourself, you did some tweaking when you WERE 2-0 DOWN which says the defense is bad, you WON THE GAME 4-2 which proves my point about the defending, it's not good enough and conceding 21 goals in 12 games IS SHOCKINGLY BAD AT ANY LEVEL which was my point. I then went on to tweak the defense to improve it and left some ideas. This would be classed as constructive criticism or feed back.

Don't assume that I expect to down load a tactic, go on holiday and then expect a tactic to be brilliant. Not at any point have I suggested I wanted to do this and when I use this tactic I tweak it a hell of a lot. You seem to have responded to my post without understanding it properly, so maybe something got lost in translation as English obviously isn't your first language.

Anybody have any suggestions for the defence. ZS, are you going to tweak it or are you happy with it?

I think the defense is actually really good, I rarely concede. I'm playing as Southampton (L1) and even EPL teams in cup games barely score 1 goal a game on me. I've held Arsenal to 1 goal in 2 games and we're on our 3rd cup match, I just want it to end. I'm currently at 12 goals conceded through 35 league games.

When i switch to the control tactic does it take away from the attack. As in when i go 1-0 up and change to control am i less likely to score again?

and does anybody just use the normal tactic without the control tactic? does this work? any success?

no. control tactic somehow work more on defense and less on attack, but u will still score when u r using control. for myself, after i score and lead by 1, when i switch to control, i can score 2-3 more.

as the OP stated, normal n control tactics are use to "confuse" the AI as they cant get used to ur tactic. thus they cant really dominate you when u switch between those 2.

I have a question. If I take the lead, I switch to control right. What about if they equalise or take the lead again? Thanks in advance

when they equalize, switch back to normal immediately. and when u lead again, switch back to control. thats all.

I think the defense is actually really good, I rarely concede. I'm playing as Southampton (L1) and even EPL teams in cup games barely score 1 goal a game on me. I've held Arsenal to 1 goal in 2 games and we're on our 3rd cup match, I just want it to end. I'm currently at 12 goals conceded through 35 league games.

I'm just completely confused as to why my defense is leaking so badly. It's not just in my Birmingham save, it's also happened in my Liverpool save where the defenders are better. I change to control after scoring and do exactly everything that was said in the OP. I've also tried changing it a bit but to no avail.

I think maybe I've just been extremely unlucky and/or had an extremely crap defense/defenders/goal keeper.

I said that in some games ... 2-3 or three .... If the defense would be so bad i couldn't just win with 4-2 do i ?

I get about 20 goals per season in Premier League, that means 38 matches. The tactic as a whole is very good, the "tweaks" i've made are not tactic related, i mean i dont move any slider. But you still have to do other things... including a proper choice of 11 players on the field.

After you score, it's not absolutely necessary to switch to control, you can always throw 2-3 shouts and your just fine.

I receive about 0.6 goals per season (all competitions)... that is just fine for me.

I have to say that I don't like downloading tactics but I downloaded yours and modified it a bit (for my bad conscience). I learned a lot observing the way this tactic works. I actually never thought a tactic with such extreme settings could work but it's great. In fact it's the one tactic on FM11 that works for me against almost every team, splendid :thup:

Two little suggestion though:

Have you tried to let your strikers and wingers cross occasionally? Crosses are quite effective in FM11 and this has resulted in some nice goals for me.

Also, have you thought about changing the width from very narrow to very wide? I have very pacey strikers (pace 18, poachers) and fast wingers. This gives you so much room that the massive amount of through balls will tear your opponent apart. I don't think I concede more goals because of that.

I've tried this for about 30 games now. It's got potensial, but its not superspecial, I'd say there's other tactics out there thats equally good. Playing this tactic is often a bingo-game for my Newcastle-side (3rd season), you never know if you'll win or lose, regardless of the OP's advice. Followed his advices to the book by the way.

Yes I'm running 11.2 GhostV3. At the first Arsenal game I made the tweaks mentioned by someone earlier on page 2 of this thread and I liked it much more. Possession time went down a bit but the team just seems more dangerous on the break.

Edit: Well my save got corrupted so I had to rollback to a older save and played Birmingham again in the FA Cup Final and beat them 4 - 1. League 1 FA Cup winner, ridiculous.

It's a fantastic tactic - congratulations to Zero Sea in establishing it.

Just to add to the debate about conceding goals. I've used the tactics for 22 games straight scoring 58 goals (2.63 per game) and conceding 16 goals (0.72 per game), so over the whole season, that would average out as roughly 100 goals for and 27 against if levelled out over a whole season, all I should add with an Everton defence consisting of Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin & Baines.

Best tactic i've ever seen on this site in my opinion.

Jamesy...

Well, heard alot abt ppl conceding alot of goals and something about defenders and GK. personally i not sure whats happening to u guys, but for me, i started with unemployed, and choose to be manager for Hereford, which is in league 2, till now i got no problem with my defense, i can win 3-0 or more and the most concede match i have is abt 1-2.

not sure if ppl think abt OI, although zerosea didnt use it, i, myself use it.

just incase you all want to try my OI, here it is, quite simple:

weaker foot on midfielder onwards to ST; DMC and WBR/L if there are teams using this tactics.

For GK: weaker foot, close down and tackle hard.

Thats all i do, u guys might want to give it a try?

Archived