Is there to much emphasis on tactics?

Is it me or is FM pretty much based on your tactics?

Unless you have the right tactics you simply don't win. I know tactics are an important part of any football team success, but I really believe tat FM concentrates too much on tactics.

They have become over-complicated and much of the focus on other parts of the game have become uneccassary.

Opinions?

You can put as much or as little emphasis on tactics as you like. Some people choose to spend a lot of time on tactics and do great, others prefer to focus on other aspects of management and they do great as well. There's no single concrete method to achieving success.

think about the classic scenario. A manager is in charge of a team, he gets sacked for being bottom, a new manager takes over the exact same team, no signings etc but he manages to win and get the same team playing alot better.

My point is football is based on tactics, hence FM is based on tactics, all in all my anser is a firm No!

think about the classic scenario. A manager is in charge of a team, he gets sacked for being bottom, a new manager takes over the exact same team, no signings etc but he manages to win and get the same team playing alot better.

My point is football is based on tactics, hence FM is based on tactics, all in all my anser is a firm No!

That's not necessarily true. There's no direct correlation between positive results and tactics. The example you've provided can also be explained in another way. Perhaps the new manager was a better motivator/man manager. He could have injected a new sense of ambition within the team, rejuvenated them sort of speak psychologically. How many times have we heard how the players are fond of their manager and therefore their results on the pitch have been a reflection of that. It happens just as frequently as someone praising a manager for his tactical decisions. There's a great example of that right now with several teams in just the EPL.

Archived