4-2-2-2 With Rotherham 121 Points, 120 goals

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still using your tactics albeit ,odified with my NUFC to good effect. I started using your tactics after I had played about 8 games with my tactics and the difference is very noticable. I am 23 games in and sit 5th in the premiership, with 4 teams chasing me for that spot.

It would appear that your tactics are set at a more defensive persuaions than the one I used and that appears to be making the real difference, as the formation I used, was similar to your own.

It could be the way that you have set your players roles, in that the midfield have a more defensive appraoch to the game. This should help me create my own independant tactics one day soon!

Will report back after a long first hard season comed to an end.

K

Might try this with Hereford - I started a game with Rotherham using a 4-3-3, ended up getting sacked.

EDIT:

Friendlies weren't good, 1-0 win away to Barrow, followed by 1-0 loss to Bangor City, 3-1 loss to Boro (went counter instead of control) and a 0-0 with Grimsby away.

First league match v Gillingham, won 1-0 went attacking after they had a player sent off, Nsumbu scored 90th min. Then lost 2-1 in the league cup to Cardiff which is a pretty good result. Will keep you posted. Thanks :)

Great tactic, won league 2 at a canter with my hometown club Rotherham, Started league 1 campaign on fire but into november i am suddenly getting tonked every game, players who haven't scored all season suddenly score 4 past me!

What has gone wrong or has the game just figured out how to beat the tactic?

Any help will be appreciated

I'm finding I'm comfortably beating most teams with my everton save however if I come up against a team that play 2 Wingers, an AMC and a striker I conceed 4 goals everytime! This has happened against Spurs and westham.

So I Love the tactic but just switch to a different one when I see my opponents use 2 Wingers, an AMC and a striker

Hope this helps

Loving this tactic, lost both champions league legs against Braga (i'm celtic) and as the season has gone on i've got better and better. There is an issue with some teams who seem to counter my tactic successfully but I reckon with a couple of new buys in the Jan window i'll be able to steamrolller them!

I was using a similar tactic which I had made myself with Wolves in the Premier League and it worked very well. However, when I took it to League Two and tried it with Hereford it was awful. I had a look around and found this little beauty, which so far sees me at the top of League Two with Hereford (who are predicted to finish 18th). My squad is quite crap, barring a few decent free transfer additions I have made, and I consider this to be an outstanding tactic based on my first half-season. Well done on making such an excellent tactic with the tactics creator, and thanks for sharing. Hopefully I can guide the Bulls into the big time of League One!

first game, newcastle vs liverpool playing as newcastle at home, got obliterated 2 - 5 was beyond sad to watch :(
ure team needs to gel with a tactic you wont destroy every team every game no tactic does that

gotta agree with that. if you use it from start of pre season your players will but be betta than if you just download it n played v a team.

also play some friendlies v very weak teams so your players get used to it & if playing very weak teams you'll win big & breed confidence hope that helps you

This tactic is fantastic. Started a game as Wolves and just about survived the drop first season. Started using this in my second season and I've just finished 4th in the Premiership, qualifying for the Champions League after my second season whilst also winning the FA Cup. With Wolves!!!

I have to agree that this tactic is very good. I won npower league 1 with Colchester United in the first season quite comfortably even though I had a poor run of results towards the end. Probably due the players struggling with match fitness due to a gruelling season. At home this tactic seems very strong but I did come unstuck against weaker opposition when playing away but I guess this is all part of the game.

Just need to find a training schedule that will help keep my players fit.

Brandy is a legend!

Best tactic i've seen so far. I won the Dutch league and cup with PSV. I also reached the semi-finals of the Champions League, beating Liverpool and Lyon. Real was too strong for me in the semis, although I won my home game (3-2). I lost heavily in Madrid (4-0), altough my players were exhausted after playing 4 games in 7 days.

I changed a few things:

- I gave 1 central midfielder more attacking instructions

- Changed advanced forward into Targetman

- Corners go to far post

U all serious this work?

I am using default NUFC and my st ameobi and carrol cant score both cm tiote and guthrie keep no cofidence while routledge and ben arfa keep lose stamina like water tap flowing before the match reach 60min

James, I started a new game with this tactic as Port Vale in League 2 (my home town club) and found that I could get the odd result but nothing outstanding, I was around 12th coming into Christmas.

I noticed that a lot of time oppo wingers or AM's would run riot against me, so, as one of my midfield duo was a DM, I swapped him to play in the DM position behind the Deep Lying Playmaker and above the back four. I also switched styles from Control or Counter to just Standard.

Not only did I get promoted that year through the playoffs but I also got promoted in my second season from League 1, again through the playoofs (Despite being tipped for relegation) and have again been promoted first time from the Championship (Again tipped for relegation and no transfer budget and wage budget of £53k). Haven't played any games in the Prem yet, just enjoying the fact that I've got there, that's 3 promotions in 3 seasons.

My advice to anyone who might be struggling with this tactic or losing the odd game, if you have a decent DM, instead of playing him next to your Deep Lying Playmaker, drop him behind and change his position to Anchor Man. Also, try changing from Control to Standard and see how it goes......

U all serious this work?

I am using default NUFC and my st ameobi and carrol cant score both cm tiote and guthrie keep no cofidence while routledge and ben arfa keep lose stamina like water tap flowing before the match reach 60min

Who is playing in the poacher role and who is your defensive winger? Perhaps it is limited in the EPL. In my experience I won League Two in the first season with Hereford, finished 10th in League One in the second season and lost the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final, and this season I have won League One and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I am very happy with it and have only needed to adapt it slightly for away games and set-pieces. I didn't have the luxury of signing anyone like Brandy so I've done it with a lot of my original players. Now I hope it doesn't dramatically collapse in the Championship.

started as bristol rovers and made a couple of changesm i made both fullbacks defensive and swapped defenxive winger to left wing as he is naturally more defensive. won the 1st 6 league games and hit top spot :). 3 match poor run until i changed match prep to blend and won the next 2 games. brilliant tactic mate :)

What do u mean? What filters? I'll post a screenshot if no one understands what I mean..I have tried to built the tactic now according to the instructions in the first page..will it be the same or do I have to use the uploaded one?Is there any difference as the instructions seem pretty simple? At least ftb I seem to do well

What do u mean? What filters? I'll post a screenshot if no one understands what I mean..I have tried to built the tactic now according to the instructions in the first page..will it be the same or do I have to use the uploaded one?Is there any difference as the instructions seem pretty simple? At least ftb I seem to do well
I think he's talking about these filters.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5733/filters2.jpg