FM11: Rocky Lekaj

Liam-Shannon

Rocky Lekaj

0,,10304~4258723,00.jpg

Wiki

Rocky Rexhap Lekaj (born 12 October 1989 in Kosovo) is an Kosovo-born footballer, who represents Norway at an international level, and formerly played in midfield for Sheffield Wednesday. Rocky also has a younger brother, Leon Lekaj, who currently plays for the Owls under-17s. He currently plays for Romsås.

Lekaj hails from Ammerud in Oslo, and was inspired by footballer Dagfinn Enerly, who was his school teacher in the early years. He started his career in SF Grei. He was signed by Sheffield Wednesday in the summer of 2006. He first appeared for the first team on 13 March 2007 at Hillsborough, entering the game as an 86th minute substitute for striker Steve MacLean in a 2–0 league victory against Colchester United. Lekaj became the youngest Norwegian player who has ever played in the professional English league system. He played one more game in the 2006–07 season.

Lekaj did not play first-team football in the 2007–08 season, but made his first appearance of the 2008–09 season against Rotherham United in the League Cup. He came on as a substitute for Jimmy Smith and showed signs of promise, despite not playing in his favoured left wing position. He also played two games in the Football League Championship and one game in the FA Cup. Following the close of the 2008-09 season, Lekaj was reported to be a transfer target for Grimsby Town, this was quashed by Mariners manager Mike Newell, mentioning that Lekaj's agent had approached Newell while he was scouting at a Wednesday Reserves game. Newell commented that Lekaj was not the sort of player he was looking for. In 2009, Rocky scored fourteen goals in ten appearances for the reserve team and was recommended by the manager a loan move. Lekaj ended up in Sandefjord, but an ankle injury kept him out of the football. When he returned to Sheffield Wednesday, manager Brian Laws was replaced. Lekaj then left Wednesday after his contract was cancelled in March 2010 after making six appearances for the Owls.

He endend up in Lyn and played for them until the club went bankrupt in the summer of 2010. He then signed for the Norwigian Fourth Division team Romsås to help them win promotion.

On FM

ROCKY.png

Rocky cost me nothing as he is a free agent at the start of 11.1. He is very talented and can play on either of the wings but I like to stick him on the right so he can cut in with his good shooting attributes. He is also a very good dribbler and crosser and should get a lot of assists. He joined me on a rotation contract so he should be up for joining a lot of lower teams. Interestingly his favourite player is Cristiano Ronaldo, no way I am saying he is anything like Ronaldo but hes tall, technically gifted, strong and likes a shot.

He has really improved on this years game! i got him a couple of times on previous versions but he never really impressed. He isnt on my game even though i have a cutomed very large database and 6 countries loaded

Archived