[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I am a little surprised you didn't take the Antlers job, as that would seem to be a step up. But, having said that, if you aren't sure you're ready to move from Henan then it's good you didn't, as you wouldn't want to be stuck there (Antlers) not 100% happy with the job...

Now Good Luck in proving us wrong! :thup:

$11mil a year wage budget?

wait, what currency have you got it set at?

also why south korea?

They are going to lose to Australia in the Asian Cup Tomorrow :)

US dollars as always. If there's Canadian dollars I would put that but USD is close enough and professional athletes in Canada and US are paid in USD anyways.

I want to manage in South Korea because I want to travel there IRL and...I like their dramas. :D

Kdrama >>>> Jdrama

In Asian football, I've always supported China/HK, S. Korea, Japan in that order.

Hmmm, I think Antlers would have been a good move. Hopefully, it works out for you. :)

I looked at the squad and didn't liked what I saw. And anyways Japanese players don't get citizenship in FM so that's another factor I didn't like (and I guess you could say not having the Info tab played a part too...)

I rather go to the Urawa Reds because they're the best club in Japan and always gave my V-Varen team in FM10 a run for their money. But really it's either Henan or Suwon.

I have to admit I am a little surprised you didn't take the Antlers job, as that would seem to be a step up. But, having said that, if you aren't sure you're ready to move from Henan then it's good you didn't, as you wouldn't want to be stuck there (Antlers) not 100% happy with the job...

Now Good Luck in proving us wrong! :thup:

Yes, the J-League is miles better than the CSL (as in real life, even though in FM they both have the same number of stars). But right now, I'm doing well in the league, and making deep runs in the ACL and Chinese FA Cup. If I can do the triple, I think I can attract a decent job in North America, South America, or Europe (or stay for the FIFA World Cup). I haven't asked for a contract extension yet but I will soon and take myself off the manager market.

good job!

cant wait to see see how far you take them

I actually can't wait for the season to end quicker enough with the 'football' we have been playing recently. I usually don't like to say FM is 'cracking' my tactics but really the team is CHOKING real bad right now. We just aren't finishing and no lucky breaks right now. A combination of injuries, goals drying up, and late goals and penalties are costing us points. Not many games left but is time for the other clubs to pass us.

Hopefully we get some momentum before the ACL quarter-final matches...

EDIT: woot I won again. First win in like forever \o/

I actually can't wait for the season to end quicker enough with the 'football' we have been playing recently. I usually don't like to say FM is 'cracking' my tactics but really the team is CHOKING real bad right now. We just aren't finishing and no lucky breaks right now. A combination of injuries, goals drying up, and late goals and penalties are costing us points. Not many games left but is time for the other clubs to pass us.

Hopefully we get some momentum before the ACL quarter-final matches...

EDIT: woot I won again. First win in like forever \o/

I think every season you end going through a rough patch when nothing goes right for your team. Weather its results, injuries etc.

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2021 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - A little bit of a scare in midseason really made the standings closer than it was, but we worked hard and managed to secure another league title in the end

Chinese FA Cup - Winners - We finally got past the first round against a tough opponent...and managed to go all the way, winning 1-0 in the final.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage | Fixtures - We did very well in this competition with the progress we made this year. Of course I am a little disappointed we didn't win the whole thing, with a disappointing away loss to Persepolis in the Semis but it's something to build on for next season.

Transfers -

Lots of players in, but I think only these two really can help us short term or long term:

Su Shiliang - I'm very impressed by his performance, and I got him on 2 year loan and another year for him to impress me

Song Boxuan - Getting up there in age, but he can still play in the CSL effectively

Evan Barbaro - didn't play much, but he's apparently leading CSL quality, so once Mili is gone he should be a starter...

Squad - Lots of players, and lots of games, 50 to be exact. Zhang Hongxing was the only one to play all 50 games. My midfield consists of foreigners Twite Mili and Maximiliano Jofre, both who are fantastic talents, although I probably have to sell the former to avoid losing him for nothing. Gao Di and Alpha N'Gadi were the other two players with over 10 goals. Overall the squad is very much balanced we could always use some elite Chinese talent at the club.

Top Goalscorer - Maximiliano Jofre

Top Playmaker - Jiang Zhipeng

Most Consistent Player - Li Gang

Most Valuable Player - Maximiliano Jofre. He's a lot better than Mili and I think the best player in the CSL.

Awards

Finances: - Finances - Lots of profit from competitions like the ACL, and the Pan Pacific Championship.

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...win the ACL!

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification

Great job winning the league and congratulations on the impressive ACL run - an ACL championship can't be far around the corner. What's more, it looks like this season has fully justified your decision to stay at the club. :thup:

I know I've said it before, but Jofre looks like an excellent player - any chance of finding a couple more Jofres with your $11.8m transfer budget?

Good job on a great season!

Have you noticed any improvement in the other sides yet or bigger transfers etc?

also, what are your facilities like? $27mil is heaps!

I have the best foreigners in the league, but other teams have slightly better Chinese talent (because we can't develop our own...). However, the clubs have been selling their young talented ones to Europe so I think we can continue to do well in this league.

The facilities are average training and youth facilities (with academy), and basic youth recruitment network. One part I haven't placed much emphasis on is through developing our own youth players into first team players because we had no youth talent so hopefully we can get better ones soon.

Training and youth facilities are currently in the planning stage and should be completed on January 10, 2022.

Ever upwards from the looks of it! I predict you will win everything in sight within two years! Then what will you do?

I want to either:

- go back home to TFC

- maybe have a short stay in South Korea

- Germany, England, Russia

- take my talents to South Beach! Sorry I just had to say it ;)

Great job winning the league and congratulations on the impressive ACL run - an ACL championship can't be far around the corner. What's more, it looks like this season has fully justified your decision to stay at the club. :thup:

I know I've said it before, but Jofre looks like an excellent player - any chance of finding a couple more Jofres with your $11.8m transfer budget?

Yeah, Kashima Antlers finished 12th so I reckon I made a good decision, although during our losing streak I wondered whether I would want to stay for so long but we won the double so I'm happy at Henan. :)

And Jofre was a free transfer signing, and I usually don't try and sign foreigners unless they're elite. I don't mind overpaying for Chinese talent since everyone overpays but I'm more careful with foreigners since I only want the best.

December 19, 2021

Henan 7-1 CSL All-Stars

This game was probably the easiest game of the year, although it was technically classified as a non-competitive game and like all the other All-Star games it's an exhibition, but the scoreline says a lot about the quality of the CSL All-Stars...they had a goalkeeper at least this time though.

We have won the treble this year, the league, the cup, and the all-star game. :)

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2022 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 2nd

TV Revenue: $72k

Estimated Value: $26 million (2nd in China)

Super League Expectations: ACL qualification (top 4)

Pan Pacific Championship: unimportant

Transfer Budget: $16 million

Wage Budget: $8.75 million (currently spending $2,808,835)

huge wage budget there :p

gogogo

A wage budget that I might not really even use...mainly because I don't really have anyone to buy that are Chinese...

Pretty much going to be the same players, most players I will probably buy are for the future because we don't have any young talent coming through the youth system. Also looking for a young Chinese GK who would be the new #1 eventually since my starter and his backup are in their 30s.

Glad to see a fellow Canadian on the boards! Love this career and story and finally decided to stop lurking and say something about it. Keep it up!

Cheers,

cerud

Cheers mate. Nice to see some Canadians on the forums and in Careers forum. :thup:

They are now rancer890 :D

True, Henan aren't really that good IRL, but I've done a lot, since Shandong still have a higher rep than us and predicted to finish 1st even with our back to back league titles...

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2022 Off-season transfers

Transfers

As previously stated, I'm only looking for the future for now, unless there's someone really good out there

Zhang Xinyu - he's a young centreback with potential to be very good in the CSL and the staff say he can be as good as He Hao

----

Pan-Pacific Championship (Hosts: China)

Yes, this year the Pan-Pacific Championship is in China...but at least we have home field advantage. :)

Semi-Final

Henan vs LA Galaxy (at Chongqing Olympic Sports Centre, Chongqing)

Grampus vs Ulsan (at Guangdong Olympic Sports Centre, Guangdong)

----

AFC Champions League

Group A: Al-Arabi (QAT), Al-Hilal (KSA), Al-Wasl (UAE), Esteghal (IRN)

Group B: Al-Gharrafa (QAT), Al-Nassr (KSA), Bani Yas (UAE), Sepahan (IRN)

Group C: Al-Ahli (KSA), Al-Ain (UAE), Bunyodkor Toshkent (UZB), Paas Hamedan (IRN)

Group D: Al-Dhafra (UAE), Al-Ittihad (KSA), Nasaf (UZB), Persepolis (IRN)

Group E: Chanba (CHN), Grampus (JPN), Persema (IDN), Seoul (KOR)

Group F: Adelaide Utd (AUS), F Marinos (JPN), Shenhua (CHN), Ulsan (KOR)

Group G: Henan (CHN), Reysol (JPN), Seongnam (KOR), Sriwijaya FC (IDN)

Group H: Melbourne Victory (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Suwon (KOR), Urawa Reds (JPN)

Our group isn't that bad. We avoided the Group of Death in Group H. Poor Melbourne is up against powerhouse Shandong who only finished 3rd because of Chanba and us, Suwon, who are usually the best in South Korea (in the game and IRL up there with Pohang), and Urawa Reds, who are just as good as league winners Grampus. Other than Sriwijaya FC we are not facing the league title winners so hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Double title rancer :thup:.

I'm a little surprised that Persepolis sent you packing in the Semi's of the ACL. Was it unlucky or were they just the better side?

A nice steady group draw this year, hopefully you can go that extra mile this season :).

Double title rancer

I'm a little surprised that Persepolis sent you packing in the Semi's of the ACL. Was it unlucky or were they just the better side?

A nice steady group draw this year, hopefully you can go that extra mile this season.

We had one bad half all tournament. And that was in the 1st half in the 2nd leg against Persepolis. I went all out, which included switching to a 4-3-3, overload tactics, and basically every match shout telling them to go for broke...

I think I'm going to move the Welsh FA into the Asian Football Confederation. I wanna play in the ACL. :D

You would certainly stand a better chance of advancing past the group stages. :p

Or just leave Wales for an AFC team. :)

Looks like a decent draw for the group stage. :thup: Is this year going to be the year?

I think we're as good as any domestic team in the AFC. Twite Mili is going to leave the club after the season (I'm going to sell him since his contract is expiring and he has no interest in resigning) so I want to win it while he's still here. And I don't want to extend my contract again because I'm itching to play in the Club World Cup and I want to take my talents to a new club soon.

I'm surprised the German league is ranked above the EPL, especially with the amount of money in the English game nowadays. Blatter and Platini will be happy with the loss of that Champions League spot!

I'm surprised the German league is ranked above the EPL, especially with the amount of money in the English game nowadays. Blatter and Platini will be happy with the loss of that Champions League spot!

I'm not surprised. All the English teams were having trouble in Europe! Man Utd finished 4th and couldn't even get to Champions League! None of the English teams advanced past the Champions League 1st Knockout Round or Europa League Quarter-Finals! La Liga have also overtaken the Premier League as the best league in the world.

And in my FM10 career game with Stuttgart, Germany would have taken over England in the coefficient rankings if I played one more season and did well.

2022 FIFA World Cup - Hosts Australia

Group Stage

Group A - Australia, Colombia, Romania, Algeria

Group B - Senegal, Greece, France, Japan

Group C - Germany, Ivory Coast, Portugal, Uzbekistan

Group D - Italy, USA, Saudi Arabia, Wales

Group E - England, Chile, Ukraine, Guinea

Group F - Nigeria, Spain, Belgium, Canada

Group G - Croatia, Mexico, Argentina, S. Korea

Group H - Brazil, Netherlands, Iran, Honduras

Second Round

Australia 0-2 Greece

Senegal 1-0 Colombia

USA (p) 1-1 Germany

Italy 2-1 Ivory Coast

Spain 1-2 England

Nigeria 3-2 Chile

Netherlands 0-3 Croatia

Mexico 0-1 Brazil

Quarter-Final

Greece 0-2 Italy

Senegal 2 - 0 USA

England 0-3 Brazil

Nigeria 1-2 Croatia

Semi-Final

Italy 1-0 Croatia

Senegal 3-2 Brazil

3rd Place Playoff

Croatia 0-3 Brazil

Final

Italy 0-1 Senegal

---

So, Senegal are the shock winners of the World Cup. The 2030 World Cup will be hosted by Germany.

I have also applied for vacant managerial jobs at Japan, S. Korea, Canada, and the US so hopefully I hear something from them. I've already been snubbed by Canada once before in this save already so we will see.

Pele said an African nation would win the World Cup one day.

Is there any preference of national job...or is that a stupid question?! :)

Ivory Coast already won the world cup in 2014 in my game. :)

I actually prefer Japan or South Korea, partly because I managed Canada in FM10 already and I want to learn Japanese or Korean before I leave Asia. I can always get the Canadian job later. :p

I thought Henan would just be a springboard job in Asia, but I'm doing well against the Korean and Japanese teams so I'm probably not going to move to a club job there, which means national job is my only hope.

In order of preference it's S. Korea > Canada > Japan > USA.

South Korea - Song Chong-Goog

Japan - Takahiro Masukawa

Canada - Atiba Hutchinson

USA - Bradley...Michael Bradley :D

Slightly disappointed I still can't get a national job, but there's always next time...the four above all got better managerial CV's than me anyways. Winning the ACL is a priority since I'm starting to get itchy feet here...

Unusual that England lose a Champions League spot in the game.

Not really that surprised tbh. The Bundesliga is always strong in my games, and since I don't play in England, they usually overtake the Premier League or Serie A as part of the top 3 leagues in the world.

That's shocking! I'd love to see the day that Senegal can knock out Brazil! (Hopefully without that to$$er Diouf though!)

No Diouf to worry about thankfully. :)

-

In other news, I got passed over by 180-something-th ranked Hong Kong for a newb who only managed at Kitchee before getting sacked. :mad:

In other news, I got passed over by 180-something-th ranked Hong Kong for a newb who only managed at Kitchee before getting sacked. :mad:

Unlucky!! It may just be me, but I've noticed it's a lot harder to get international jobs in FM11 than it used to be. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you sooner or later though! :thup:

rancer, what was your rep as a player before you started coaching? I've become increasingly of the opinion that the international jobs don't go easily to those who didn't make a name for themselves as a player, unless they have really made a splash as a coach. I got passed over for Wales, Wales U-21 and Wales U-19, despite being far and away the best coach in Wales for some time now. I have Sunday League experience, so I think that's hampering my efforts.

Unlucky!! It may just be me, but I've noticed it's a lot harder to get international jobs in FM11 than it used to be. I'm sure someone will take a chance on you sooner or later though! :thup:

I'm debating whether to start with a U21 national team. But yeah I realized it's a lot harder to get a job, whether club or international.

rancer, what was your rep as a player before you started coaching? I've become increasingly of the opinion that the international jobs don't go easily to those who didn't make a name for themselves as a player, unless they have really made a splash as a coach. I got passed over for Wales, Wales U-21 and Wales U-19, despite being far and away the best coach in Wales for some time now. I have Sunday League experience, so I think that's hampering my efforts.

Sunday league. I'll try applying to Vanuatu when it becomes available. If they don't even hire me then this is definitely a bug! :mad:

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2022 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - We didn't have a horrible league season, but we just didn't get enough wins. Not losing any sleep over this though. At least there's no useless Pan-Pacific Championship to worry about!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 2nd Round - not really surprised anymore. I never did well in this cup anyways.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage | Knockout Rounds | Fixtures - I'm still in shock, but we have finally done it! And we beat Shandong on penalties, a team we couldn't beat twice in the regular season. All the goals were from the penalty spot too. :D

Club World Championship - Quarter-Final | Semi-Final | Final - Fantastic work here. In the Quarter-Final, I met my old club Auckland City, and quickly disposed of them with ease. However, in the Semi-Final, we met the UEFA Champions League winners Sevilla, but for once I listened to my ass man to play a deep line, with a slow tempo. If they can't get the ball, they can't score right?!?! The players executed my tactics to perfection, but next is the final, against the surprising champions of the CAF Champions League, who defeated Cruzeiro in the other semi. It was an even match but we played our brand of football and ultimately came on top! I'll take the CWC and ACL wins over a league and FA Cup title!

Transfers -

5 new signings, 2 for the present, and 3 for the future:

Li Cheng - hefty salary, but at only $80k he's worth the risk. Was doing well before he tore his hammy against Shandong

Su Shiliang - he's probably not worth the $1 million+, but he's versatile and very valuable to the team, with leading CSL potential

Zhang Xinyu - young lad with good potential

Wang Bin - I think he can start playing some games full time next season

Alija Halilovic - not really high on him. Will see how he develops

Squad -

The Starting XI

GK - Qiu Shengjiong

DR - Mamadou Sarr

DC - Li Gang

DC - He Hao

DL - Zhang Hongxing

MR - Zhao Xuri

MC - Twite Mili

MC - Maximiliano Jofre

ML - Song Boxuan

ST - Wang Xiao

ST - Alpha N'Gadi

Top Goalscorer - Alpha N'Gadi

Top Playmaker - Alpha N'Gadi/Twite Mili

Most Consistent Player - Li Gang

Most Valuable Player - Li Gang, because he was the most consistent (btw, we as a team scored 13 goals off corners in the ACL, while Shandong and Chanba had 10 each)

Awards

Finances: - Finances - Winning the ACL and Club World Cup really helps with the money. :)

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...I will leave the club for a new one. I think my job at Henan is done. Actually I don't even need to wish that hehe, I can just resign...

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners

Awesome work mate. Cant wait to see whats next

Cheers. Won't leave the club just yet though. Need to sign them some replacements because we all know how horrible the AI are at ruining the squads we all worked so hard to build...and then resign and find a new job. :)

Archived