[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, congrats! You'll soon step up, one way or the other, if not both, I am sure! :)

Not so hot where you are, that's a good thing.

Cheers mate. Hope you're right!

I would have much preferred Liaoning. My mate from work was born there, and he said that the only thing separating Liaoning province from North Korea, was a measly river. :p

Ivan Vicelich replaced me at Auckland City and has made some interesting decisions, but they're already 6 points behind Team Wellington in the OFC Champions League with 2 games to go. They finished 6th in the Club World Cup after a shocking result against Club America at the Azteca, (but lost the Quarter-Final and 5th Place Playoff), and something my Southern neighbours, the US men's national team still haven't been able to do to this day IRL, which is win in the Azteca, as Auckland City defeated the Mexican club 2-1. :p

And the Hong Kong job I was offered was from Citizen. The national team job was Hong Kong, and I was actually really interested in that, a nice challenge with my 2nd nationality, but they chose someone else.

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2016 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Lots of change at the squad, so will only mention the important ones. :)

Wang Xiaodong - first signing with Anhui, for $14k, from Rizhiquan. He's my starting goalkeeper, and unfortunately, my only 'keeper, as his backup is a youth player...I have high hopes for him

Chen Li - signed on loan for a couple years. Hopefully he'll help us this year at least. He has decent attributes to succeed

Liu Shuai - signed for $8k, but I like what he can bring to the team and be a solid presence

Wang Shouting - my high profile signing of the transfer window. He's 30 years old but I think he has a few more years to help this young and inexperienced squad get better. Last season he played at Beijing in the CSL so a bit of a surprise to move down two divisions to the Yi League. Surprisingly, he didn't get any interest from anyone else, and he's not the highest paid player at the club either, that honour going to a decent striker who's clearly overpaid...

Ji Jun - Another 30 year old dropping down from the CSL to play everyday. He hasn't played in the Yi League since his Nanchang days in 2005 but hope all goes well with him at the club.

Sui Yang - he impressed me enough in a trial to sign him on a permanent contract. He previously played for Changsha as a youth player.

I also made several loan signings for depth purposes and because I didn't have much wage budget left. Hopefully I'll have a good first season in China. :)

August 14, 2016

Rizhiquan sacked their manager, and I just applied to it. I don't think Anhui will sack me, because they will owe me $300k in compensation...and the chairman keeps pumping money to keep us in the black. :p

I'm doing a fantastic job at Anhui and I'm happy there, but I'll love to manage Rizhiquan again.

August 19, 2016

I didn't get the job, and strangely, the Anhui didn't warn me or anything...I think they would have loved to get the $300k from Rizhiquan and so kept quiet...

Still untouchable in the eyes of the board.

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2016 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Promotion Playoff | Fixtures - A great season, winning the league, capped off by a 3-0 win over Sichuan to get promoted to the Jia League

Transfers -

Key Players from all my signings:

Ji Jun - a staple in the midfield with Wang Shouting. I'll need him in the Jia League

Chen Li - a solid season on loan. Hopefully he's back next year!

Sun Weiguo - my goalkeeper for the second half of the season after my former #1 GK got injured. Not sure if he can succeed at the Jia League level but hopefully he would be fine. We continued to win with him and I didn't want to disrupt team chemistry

Sui Yang - I wasn't really sure if he can help my club, but my concerns were gone after a few games. I'll need him in the Jia League

Liu Shuai - did a very good job at right back. I'm sticking with him next year.

Wang Xiaodong - my #1 goalkeeper till he got injured. But he has every opportunity to get #1 shirt next season

Wang Shouting - Did not disappoint me. I need him to survive next season.

Squad - A solid squad. Du Qun, and Guo Hao were good players from the previous regime.

Top Goalscorer - Du Qun

Top Playmaker - Guo Hao

Most Consistent Player - Du Qun

Most Valuable Player - Wang Shouting. He's just a fantastic player this year.

Finances: - Finances - Doesn't look too bad, till you see the investments the chairman made to keep the club in the black...

Affiliations: - None

If I had a wish...I would prefer not to get relegated from the Jia League. :)

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions

Shame you didn't join me in HK rancer :D, Citizen have a decent set-up. A great season with Anhui though :thup:. It's strange as i'm also looking at the same players to sign. I tried to sign Wang Shouting but he opted for South China instead :mad:.

Just a note too that a couple of links don't work, the league table and promotion playoff links.

Good luck for next season and avoiding relegation ;). Any long term plans during your stay in China?

Shame you didn't join me in HK rancer :D, Citizen have a decent set-up. A great season with Anhui though :thup:. It's strange as i'm also looking at the same players to sign. I tried to sign Wang Shouting but he opted for South China instead :mad:.

Just a note too that a couple of links don't work, the league table and promotion playoff links.

Good luck for next season and avoiding relegation. Any long term plans during your stay in China?

It was mainly because it was in the middle of the season, combined with the long winless Citizen were having, and of course, my horrible track record at Hong Kong...China is more familiar and getting a Chinese club into the Super League (which is pretty much how long I'm willing to stay, do well at a Super League club, or get Anhui or Rizhiquan to the Super League and succeed) something I've been used to doing in FM. :p

TSW Pegasus and Kitchee seemed to be closing the gap to South China. And Tales got his first Hong Kong cap the previous season. Too bad he's on the downside of his career.

Fixed those links too. Chrome crashed and I probably forgot to add them. I signed a foreigner for next season as well, since I'm allowed a max of 3 foreigners in the Jia League

What's with Chinese 'keepers and eccentricity? <lol> I notice neither of them is good at distribution, either...

Haven't noticed that actually. Chinese GK are a little more eccentric than others I guess and you're seeing that in the newgens.... Mind, my 'keepers made some crazy decisions in some games, but they haven't led to goals (none that I remember anyways).

Congrats on promotion rancer :thup:

Great start to your career so far. What kind of tactical set up are you using? I thought I'd got it all figured out but keep losing to any decent team I play (only two of those in my division :p)

Cheers DodgeeD.

Going with the good ole 4-4-2. Default everything although I sometimes have a Counter or Control mentality. Short passing, Press More closing down, man marking, with counter attacking and I play offsides.

;)

That actually kinda happened with my GK near the end of the season. I literally swore at the screen when I saw my idiot GK do that. We're having a good game, and then that idiot kicker comes in and ruins everything. :D

But that goal didn't count because the player was in an offsides position. So officially no crazy decisions this season. :p

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2017 Season Preview

Media Prediction: 12th

TV Revenue: $4.3k

Estimated Value: $325k (loan debt: $1 million) - (26th in China)

Jia League Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: $18k

Wage Budget: $600k (spending $379,665)

Have been following this for a while, you did really well in New Zealand and I wish you the best of luck in China with trying to avoid relegation :thup:

Cheers mate. :)

My policy of controlling wages hasn't been working out as well as I want, as I've losing on several good signings...hopefully I can get a decent squad before the transfer deadline. :(

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2017 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Another busy transfer window. Hopefully with these players Anhui can avoid relegation.

Twite Mili - Very good bargain signing. He has good CSL potential so hopefully he can help us get to the CSL

Tan Wangsong - veteran defender who's not on very high wages and can contribute...

Li Jian - he's the temporary fix at right wing.

Li Minhu - another solid signing as a backup defender to cover in case of injury

Simplice Ngoy - solid signing on a free, but he's been injured on 3 separate occasions since signing with us. I really hope he's not this injury prone all year. I partly signed him because he knows French and Chinese, which will help Mili get comfortable in China (well as a Canadian, I know French too!)

Tu Dongxu - centreback I got for a hefty $40k. But I think he can help us stay in the Jia League

Wan Houliang - because of his recent long term injury, I'm not sure how he will fit in for the time being

Zou Weiqiang - acquired on loan. I think he can be an important player in keeping us in the Jia League

Not sure of that; I tend to think '86 Mexico was better. But it had some really interesting games, of that there is no doubt. And watching Roger Milla was a real treat!

While '86 Mexico was good, and no doubt there was some great memories (apart from the Hand of Dog of course!), in my opinion Italia '90 had everything; the stadia, the players, the culture and even the music. But as I said, that's just my opinion. It's all subjective and relative to your own experiences :D.

Good luck in China. :thup:

Cheers Crouchy. :)

While '86 Mexico was good, and no doubt there was some great memories (apart from the Hand of Dog of course!), in my opinion Italia '90 had everything; the stadia, the players, the culture and even the music. But as I said, that's just my opinion. It's all subjective and relative to your own experiences :D.

'86 was good. Canada were in it! :D (even though I don't remember anything, well it was impossible for me to remember anything lol, since I wasn't alive in '86)

I liked '06 the most mainly because that's when I started to watch football and had some interest in it.

I wish I would be able to go to the 2022 World Cup. Not gonna happen. I was even slightly interested in 2018 before BBC decided to ruin England's bid. :(

Russia might be not too bad. I figured out that if you put $50 aside every month, you'd have $4200 (not including any interest) by the beginning of 2018, FWIW.

Can't see much enjoyment from going to Qatar though. The Dubai contingent in OTF say Qatar is boring, and Gulf nationals head for UAE or Bahrain for excitement.

Russia might be not too bad. I figured out that if you put $50 aside every month, you'd have $4200 (not including any interest) by the beginning of 2018, FWIW.

Can't see much enjoyment from going to Qatar though. The Dubai contingent in OTF say Qatar is boring, and Gulf nationals head for UAE or Bahrain for excitement.

I'm saving more than that a month. The only obstacle I have are paying back student loans, which I have no idea how much that is once I include the 20%+ interest the Canadian government charges for student loans. :mad:

Was planning with some mates to travel around Europe, enjoy the culture, and enjoy the football. Russia might be part of the plan now. :)

And my season so far with Anhui has been successful. Won't want to say anymore due to the dreaded FM curse and long losing streak that would follow. Rizhiquan is in relegation though, and tbh if there's a job opening, I wouldn't take it.

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2017 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - Speechless. What a fantastic season.

Chinese FA Cup - Fixtures - not overly concerned about it. We did beat a CSL side in the 1st round, before losing a close game on penalties.

Transfers - Fantastic year of transfer of mostly bargain hunting and finding players on cheap...but that's cheap on price, not quality!!

Tan Wangsong - nice veteran presence on the squad. He didn't play late in the season due to my talented foreigners, but he will be needed next season

Li Jian - former Rizhiquan player who I signed because of his impressive showing at the Jia League level. Can he make the next step? I'm not sure, but hopefully he can

Zou Weiqiang - signed on loan, but I thought he could more this season. He has another season with us so hopefully he can contribute.

Twite Mili - fantastic season, and a lot of clubs want him...but he's not leaving any less than the $275k release clause. He even got a new contract extension. :)

Tu Dongxu - my $40k signing did what I wanted him to do. Nothing flashy but another important piece of the team

Mamadou Sarr - signed midway through the season, but he's a fantastic talent. Already wanted by Uslan in South Korea

Simplice Ngoy - had a solid season. He has a new career high in goals scored in a league season with 6.

Squad - A very good and balanced squad. Sun Weiguo took the reins with the #1 shirt and did well. Along with the acquisitions of Mili and Jian, Wang Shouting and Guo Hao were solid holdovers from last year. Du Qun was good as usual, and Xin Kai had a breakout season as the 1st striker off the bench.

Top Goalscorer - Du Qun

Top Playmaker - Guo Hao

Most Consistent Player - Twite Mili - gets the nod over Sarr because he played the full season

Most Valuable Player - Twite Mili. He settled into the setup well and he proved with his abilities that he has a key role at the club.

Awards

Finances: - Finances - in debt because of player bonuses of all things...

Affiliations: - None

If I had a wish...I would prefer not to get relegated from the Super League. :)

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions

Nice one. :thup:

Cheers Jason!!

Wow, powerhouse result!! Way to go! Best of luck in the coming season; you should be able to compete, I'm thinking.

Hopefully...I have some CSL quality players (my starting midfield is at least leading Jia league quality) but need a CSL quality striker...

Cheers DodgeeD. :)

January 1, 2018

Ricky Nakano has signed a 3 year contract extension with Anhui at the same salary. He will now stay at the club till the end of 2021.

"I'm delighted to stay with Anhui for 3 more years," Nakano stated, "this club can go on to greater things in the future."

It is rumoured that he decided against taking a higher salary, given the club's fragile financial state, opting to stay with his current salary of US$125k per season.

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2018 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 16th

TV Revenue: $72k

Estimated Value: $400k (loan debt: $1 million) - (27th in China)

Jia League Expectations: Attempt to Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: $0

Wage Budget: $675k (spending $640,240)

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

2018 Off-season transfers

Transfers

Liu Yu - nice solid veteran who's the new left back

Yang Ke - another decent Super League quality centre back. Solid be helpful this season

Fabio Baiano - new right winger. I now have 4 foreigners and since only 3 are allowed to play on the pitch at any one time, I will have to rotate for playing time...

Oh, and I chose low league bonus ($650k IIRC) and the only one to complain was a right winger who I'll never play unless my entire group of midfielders had their legs shot. :p

Congrats on the back to back promotions rancer! Great achievement! Good luck in the Super League! Anything other than relegation will be a great season for you.

Cheers Raware. Last season we were horribly lucky with a lot of 1 goal wins...need some of that luck this year.

We know you have that luck with you. Just rub the lucky [insert appropriate lucky object here]! ;)

The only luck I need right now are for tens of millions of yuan to fall down from the sky so I can get out of debt. :p

Oh, and I have been trying to find a parent club/feeder club for years and still I have found nothing!!! Is it really that hard to find a bloody parent/feeder club here? :(

August 3, 2016

HenanJianyeFC.png

Ricky Nakano is the new manager of Henan Jianye FC (or Henan Construction FC in English). He has been given a 3.5 year contract at $220k per annum until the end of 2021 to turn things around. They have a 29,660 all-seater Hanghai Stadium in Zhengzhou in Henan province. Henan is literally beside Anhui province (Henan is to the left of Anhui) so I won't have to move too far. :)

It's a win-win for everyone:

• Anhui - $425k is a lot of money to the club that can't make a profit.
  • Henan - they get a fantastic manager ;)
  • Me - I go to a club with a $5.75 million transfer budget, a wage budget $4.8 million (and only spending $2.87 million so far), and...US$16 million in the bank!! No worries about money anymore! :D

The only thing that's not looking so good is the league position (yes I got Anhui to midtable) but hopefully I can fix that. I plan on using the rest of the season to examine the squad and who should stay and who should go. I would prefer to bring some foreigners from Anhui, but I think that's too mean and I would like them to stay up this season at least.

2018 World Cup - Hosts: Spain

Top 2 Advance

Group Stage

Group A- Spain, Iceland, Tunisia, Japan

Group B- France, Australia, Italy, Chile

Group C- Poland, Uruguay, England (lost to Poland and Uruguay), Costa Rica

Group D- Brazil, Nigeria, Wales (they won their quali group...), Saudi Arabia

Group E- Egypt, Germany, Romania, S. Korea

Group F- Ukraine, Colombia, Netherlands, Iran

Group G- Gabon, Croatia, Portugal, USA

Group H- Argentina, Cameroon, Mexico, Sweden

Second Round

Spain 1-2 Australia

Iceland 0-2 France

Nigeria 1-2 Poland

Brazil 1-0 Uruguay

Egypt 1-2 (e) Colombia

Germany 3-1 Ukraine

Cameroon 1-0 Gabon

Croatia 0-1 Argentina

Quarter-Final

Australia 2-3 (e) Brazil

France 2-0 Poland

Colombia 1-1 (p) Argentina

Germany 1-2 Cameroon

Semi-Final

Brazil 1-0 Cameroon

France 2-0 Argentina

3rd Place Playoff

Cameroon 1-0 Argentina

Final

Brazil 1-0 France

---

Awards:

Golden Glove - Hugo Lloris (FRA)

Golden Shoe - Mario Gomez (GER), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR), James Holland (AUS)

Golden Ball - Toni Kroos (GER), Juan Manuel Mata (ESP), Mario Gomez (GER)

Hey, rancer, bud, look carefully at the date of that last communique... ;)

Glad to see you got a move to a more profitable team. :)

I was really lucky to do well enough to move to another team. :p

And cheers. Real happy to not worry about making ends meet anymore. Now I need results. :)

Archived