[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for the comments Big Al and Flamers. :)

---

AucklandCityFC.pngOleague.jpg

Auckland City FC

2013-2014 O-League Group Stage

Group A - Ba (Fiji), Hekari United (Papa New Guinea), Kiwi (Samoa), Kossa FC (Solomon Islands)

Group B - AS Magenta (New Caledonia), AS Manu Ura (Tahiti), Auckland City (New Zealand), Waitakere United (New Zealand)

----

We have had good results against Waitakere United in the league, so hopefully we're do well against them in the O-League.

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC

January 31, 2014

Couple things I would like to add:

I was in the running for the South China job (rumoured to take the job if it became vacant and the current manager left), but I've decided to sign a 1 year contract extension till March 31, 2014 instead of waiting for vacant job openings. Of course, I want to see what's available in the summer. Last summer no jobs pleased me and none were better than the setup I had at Auckland City.

In other news, specifically the FIFA Club World Cup, we were up against Jeonbuk of the K-League, and despite our best efforts, we lost 3-2, but we did get a cut of the profits from that game, and $500k, even for finishing last. Overall, we did very well. :)

A healthy US$1.5 million. :)

There's no other possible job that I would fancy in Asia (except South China in HK, and maybe Japan with a strong JFL club) that would have a good setup and be a winner so I'm staying at Auckland City for the time being.

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC

2013-2014 End of Season Review

Standings | | | Fixtures - Another successful season, but we had to deal with penalties in the Semi-Final and Final, eventually losing in the Final to Youngheart on penalties.

O-League: Group Stage | Final Leg 1 | Final Leg 2

Another win the OFC Champions League guarantees us a spot in the FIFA Club World Cup.

FIFA Club World Cup: Playoff

A very good effort by the lads. We did well against a very good team in the K-League. Next year, the hosts will be the United States, so we're going to face an MLS club next year.

Transfers

Only two new transfers, but they're very good players for the New Zealand Premiership.

Takura Mtandari - most Ricky Nakano squads have at least one Canadian, and this one is no different. But he's actually pretty good too. :cool:

Dragan Stancic - experienced Serb who's been a stabilizing force in the games he's played so far.

Gone are mostly deadwood, and fringe players. I also released Emanuel Reinoso, who was not performing and wanted too much, and former captain Ivan Vicelich, to retirement. Cameron Knowles is the new captain, and Labinot Haliti is the new vice-captain.

Squad - solid squad who would help me keep winning if I could keep them all together. Every starter bar Chris Sharpe had an average over 7.

Top Goalscorer - Maicon Santos

Top Playmaker - Daltro Inácio Linck Engster

Most Valuable Player - Maicon Santos. His high rating proves he was the best this year. He did have a couple bad games but when he was good, he was very good.

Finances: - Finances - very healthy thanks to the O-League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Affiliations: - Affiliations - Half the A-League are now my parent club.I get $47.82k from Melbourne Heart, $49.38k from Melbourne Victory, and $45.83k from Sydney FC. :D

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions

Isn't the American way another phrase for the wrong way?

Depends if you're an American (Canadians are somewhat Americanized anyways, the ones within 50km of the 49th parallel, which is basically the majority of the population) or a foreigner... :p

lol, I also wanted to ask how your reputation is coming along?

National reputation, but I'm considered a talented manager. :)

I've been in the running for the South China job in HK for a few months, so if I'm at least good enough for that I think I can get a job in Indonesia or maybe a Chinese Jia League job (still looking for Rizhiquan to sack their manager). V-Varen Nagasaki sacked their manager a couple times but I don't want to get that job. I would prefer an established club in Japan like Urawa Reds, Sanfreece Hiroshima, or the Kashima Antlers. I'm more open to a job in South Korea, but my dream job in that country is FC Seoul. :)

Easy peasy rancer :thup:. Maybe a move to Hong Kong is on the cards soon then?

I also didn't realise Mtandari was Canadian. I signed him for Lurgan Celtic on FM09 and he was a great player for me. He was at Spurs before wasn't he?

Easy peasy rancer :thup:. Maybe a move to Hong Kong is on the cards soon then?

I also didn't realise Mtandari was Canadian. I signed him for Lurgan Celtic on FM09 and he was a great player for me. He was at Spurs before wasn't he?

Possibly, but I don't want to go to a low rep club in HK. If South China or even Kitchee have an opening I would be tempted to go. Otherwise, I wouldn't go near HK (unless it's China :p) since I haven't won a single league game in the HK top flight in my life lol. All I want is a good club setup. I rather stay in New Zealand and build Auckland City than for example manage in the BSN/BSS and struggle.

Mtandari is Canadian/Malawian (I think?)/English and yes a former Spurs youth before being released and signed with a non-league in England before signing with PSV and spent a couple years on loan with a lower league club and then released.

Rancer if you build one club up does the league, as a whole, improve in FM11? Or do you just break away and get to the point where you could win it with reserves?

Flamers

First, this file doesn't have any reserves so I can't really win these them. :p

I usually like to keep my squad low (25 players max with 3 goalkeepers) so I would probably need everyone. And the discipline for 1 match ban every 2 yellow cards makes it a challenge when your players are suspended for key games.

SI have stated that the success of one club won't really improve the league as a whole, and the effect of DLR won't seen in a measly 4 years. The New Zealand Premiership are quite limited in how good they can do on the continental stage. I don't really see them ever getting that much better than what they are now (at 0.5 stars). It'll take a while just for them to become a 1 star league.

And to add the possible teams I want to go to, I would be fine in a non-winning environment (within reason obviously) as long as they're one of my favoured clubs. But as always to me the most important criteria is joining a club with the right setup to win in the present, or at least have the prospect of improving into a winner in a 3 year period.

Just seen you have Maicon Santos :cool: I love him.

I do too. That's why I signed him in the first place! Originally he was offered by his agent, and then sacked his agent. We then got him on very cheap wages! :D

But he has a new agent now so hopefully he doesn't ask too much...

Rancer I'm sure that you can get the league rep up ;)

Flamers

I'll try. I just have to keep winning football games and all that league rep stuff will take care of itself. :p

I don't spose there are any high rep continental things you could win which might boost it?

Flamers

There's nothing left to win in Oceania, unless you're taking about the Club World Cup...which I won't win anytime soon.

Maicon Santos gets mad and my YP 'keeper and Tadrosse say I treated him badly. Geez. I offered him what he wanted though and he's the highest paid player at Auckland City.

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC

2014-2015 Season Preview

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: Daltro Inacio Engster, Maicon Santos

Media Prediction: 1st

Estimated Value: $2.3 million (1st in New Zealand)

ASB Premiership Expectations: Win the Premiership

Transfer Budget: $160k

Wage Budget: $450k (currently spending $228,400)

Crazy Canuck Youth Intakes

Youth Player 1 - 2011 Youth Intake - Paul Batty - ST (New Zealand)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with Ball Through Centre

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

Year        Club             League       Nation  Games   Goals  Assists     MoM     Rating
2011-2012   Auckland City     NZFC   New Zealand    1       0        0        0        6.60
2012-2013   Waikato           NZFC   New Zealand    6       0        0        0        6.52
2013-2014   Waikato           NZFC   New Zealand    2       0        0        0        6.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                       9       0        0        0        

Info: Playing 2 games a year isn't going to help with development.

Youth Player 2 - 2014 Youth Intake - Glen Zoricich - ST (New Zealand)

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Likes to Try to Beat Offside Trap

Initial Profile

Info: He has pace and other decent attributes. He's going to have to improve the mental part of the game to contribute as a footballer for Auckland City. He's rated 1.5 stars.

I meant something like the Champions League but i suppose there isn't one then...

*note the poor knowledge of football outside europe*

Flamers

The O-League (aka OFC Champions League) is the Champions League of Oceania. Which I have won twice already. :)

October 19, 2014

So, I'm kind of sick of being at Auckland City (nothing really left to prove tbh and I want a new challenge in an Asian country) and then I see an opening at Brisbane Roar, and I apply to that, and the board knows and gives me an ultimatum and a chance to apologize or resign. I do the former, but still, all I've done for you is a couple OFC Champions League titles and got you $1.6 million in the coffers? What more do you want from me? I'm not your slave ffs.

Oh, and I didn't get the job, it was given to a former player, recently retired, with no prior managerial experience. Aren't I more proven than he is?

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC - 2014 Off-season signings

Transfers

A transfer window with just strengthening our depth.

Mohammed Tanko - essentially replaces Mtandari, who I sold to a lower league Greek club for over 3 times his value.

Gustavo Hernández - was the answer to our left midfielder position, until...

Osama Malik - ...my Assman recommended him. He did okay in his 5 years at North Queensland Fury. Hopefully he can make an impact with Auckland City.

Gone include the former captain Ivan Vicelich, Emanuel Reinoso, Karl Dodd, Mitchell Prentice, and Takura Mtandari, the first player who I actually sold for money in this career.

-----

O-League (OFC Champions League)

Group A: Ba (Fiji), Blackbeach (Vanuatu), Nikao (Cook Islands), Utulei Youth (American Samoa)

Group B: AS Magenta (New Caledonia), Auckland City (New Zealand), Canterbury Dragons (New Zealand), Kossa FC (Solomon Islands)

Unlucky on the job Rancer it does seem you have done all you can do here in New Zealand. One of the main reasons you didnt get the job imo is because when you apologise you seem to almost be saying that you want to stay and dont want to move so its very rare you will get the job you applied for. In my journey man career i applied for and declared interest in a fair few jobs whilst at Gainsborough and i got away with quite alot without apologising.

Unlucky on the job Rancer it does seem you have done all you can do here in New Zealand. One of the main reasons you didnt get the job imo is because when you apologise you seem to almost be saying that you want to stay and dont want to move so its very rare you will get the job you applied for. In my journey man career i applied for and declared interest in a fair few jobs whilst at Gainsborough and i got away with quite alot without apologising.

IIRC, I was given an ultimatum with either the options of 'Apologize' or 'Resign'. So, since I wanted to stay (for now) I decided to apologize. :p

But considering the fact they made me apologize to the media in the first place is a public shaming of me so I've lost all trust in the chairman and I don't want to stay with a club who don't acknowledge my accomplishments. (just being realistic here! :D)

I think you may have to leave before you get a new job, especially a the type of clubs you are looking to move to.

A manager of your calibre should be hot property if available for nothing!

I probably will. But AcidBurn had trouble finding a decent job so I'm skeptical if I can too. That's why I didn't really want to find another job that quickly after I won the first couple Champions League titles and build my rep first.

The OFC Champions League Final is after March 31 (when my contract ends) so I'll probably sign another extension when I know I'm in the Final. And then resign after the Final.

Club-World-Cup.JPG

2014 FIFA Club World Cup - Hosts: Algeria

Playoff: ES Sétif 0-1 Auckland City - an entertaining match. The Algerian champions were very tough on us, but we hung on. Daltro Inacio Linck Engster was denied an earlier goal because of offside, but he was not denied again in the 2nd half. We hung on to guarantee 2 more games and avoid finishing last.

Quarter-Final: Grampus 5-3 Auckland City - a very exciting game despite the loss. Predictably, we were a little tired at the beginning of the match conceding two quick goals, but we made it interesting getting the score to 3-2 heading into half-time. However, Grampus pressured early in the 2nd half and scored off a corner to regain a two goal advantage. They scored again to increase the margin to 3, before Daltro Inacio Linck Engster completed his hat-trick. Both teams also scored another goal in the 90th minute and extra time but both were called back because of offsides.

5th Place Playoff: Auckland City 2-1 Raja Casablanca - this game a little bit of everything. A goalie gaff to start the game, an own old, a couple red cards in between, and a late game-winner. Neither team had clear control of the match but we made our chances count.

----

Overall, I'm very pleased with our performance in the competition. Surprisingly, after the Grampus game it gave me extra incentive to stay at Auckland City, to see how far these minnows from Oceania can go against the best in the world. These high profile games are the only way to get me noticed by other clubs.

Oh and I made over US$2 million from all this. Nearly $4 million in the bank now. :cool:

January 12, 2015

I just signed a one year contract extension at my current salary of $64k to give myself some job security. The board even thought I didn't do enough to deserve a new deal. That's very nice of them to ignore my 2 league titles and 2 O-League titles, as well as our competitive run in the Club World Championship. But I have new goals here now so hopefully I can accomplishment them and maybe exceed them. :)

April 24, 2015

V-Varen Nagasaki sacked their manager again, and I'm tempted to apply. But they're a horrible club in this save, and always near the bottom of the JFL, so I'll pass on applying for that. Still holding out for the South China job...I really want to go back to manage in HK.

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC

2014-2015 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Championship Playoff | Fixtures - We had a fantastic regular season. Key words: REGULAR SEASON. The playoffs were another story and we couldn't win the title, losing 4-3 in a game we should have won.

O-League: Group Stage | Final Leg 1 | Final Leg 2 - Winners once again! We've won the competition 3 years in a row now and we'll be back to the Club World Cup at the end of the year.

FIFA Club World Cup: Click Here

Transfers

Mohammed Tanko - replacement for Mtandari. Obviously he's not a long term replacement but he did well. His skills are declining though.

Osama Malik - fantastic season from him. Met my expectations and I couldn't dream that he would score 8 goals.

Faycal Abidjo - very recent signing. Recommended by his agent and liked his attributes enough to buy him for $12k.

My other signing, Gustavo Hernandez, was a bust. Or more like I didn't really play him. He's being sold for $16k back to an Argentinian club when their transfer window reopens.

Squad - The quality of the squad keeps improving, but we still have some positions to strengthen and get better.

Top Goalscorer - Daltro Inácio Linck Engster

Top Playmaker - Cameron Watson

Most Consistent Player - Daltro Inácio Linck Engster

Most Valuable Player - Co-MVPs to Daltro Inácio Linck Engster and Maicon Santos. These two play off each other and are a fantastic duo for us. However, they both want to move to a bigger club...well so do I tbh. :p

Finances: - Finances - Over $4 million now thanks to the Club World Cup. :)

Affiliations: - Affiliations - no new affiliations, so didn't bother updating the screenshot...

If I had a wish...I would want to get enough money in the bank for Auckland City to turn Professional before I leave. That way, Auckland City will dominate New Zealand forever! :cool:

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions

June 6, 2015

One week before my real 24th birthday (or fake 31st in the game), I have already changed the squad. I already sold one of our co-MVPs, and the other will hopefully leave too and pocket the club with some extra cash before he leaves on a free transfer after the current season. It's a challenge finding talent to replace them but hopefully I can find replacements on a free to replace my former Brazilian striker duo.

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC

2015-2016 Season Preview

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: Daltro Inacio Engster, Maicon Santos, Emmanuel Gomez

Media Prediction: 1st

Estimated Value: $4.5 million (1st in New Zealand)

ASB Premiership Expectations: Win the Premiership

Transfer Budget: $1.8 million

Wage Budget: $575k (currently spending $240,400)

Crazy Canuck Youth Intakes

Youth Player 1 - 2011 Youth Intake - Paul Batty - ST (New Zealand)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with Ball Through Centre

Initial Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

Year        Club             League       Nation  Games   Goals  Assists     MoM     Rating
2011-2012   Auckland City     NZFC   New Zealand    1       0        0        0        6.60
2012-2013   Waikato           NZFC   New Zealand    6       0        0        0        6.52
2013-2014   Waikato           NZFC   New Zealand    2       0        0        0        6.00
2014-2015   Waikato           NZFC   New Zealand    7       0        0        0        6.61
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                      16       0        0        0        

Info: Best season yet...which isn't saying much.

Youth Player 2 - 2014 Youth Intake - Glen Zoricich - ST (New Zealand)

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Likes to Try to Beat Offside Trap

Initial Profile

2014-2015   Auckland City     NZFC   New Zealand   24       6        4        1        6.83
Career Totals                                      24       6        4        1        

Info: fantastic rookie season. Hope he can keep improving and he'll be with Auckland City for a while, and possibly get some caps with the Kiwis soon. 4.5 star potential according to my new, better Ass Man.

Can't wait to see what happens this year. I've a feeling this is the end of your run before you head off to different pastures...

Me too mate. I'm really excited about the upcoming season. The only thing I hate is that the bloody O-League Final is after my contract expires so if I manage to make it to the Final, I'll want to leave on a high note.

Off-season transfer update will be coming soon. Signed another former TFC player! :cool:

AucklandCityFC.png

Auckland City FC - 2015 Off-season signings

Transfers

I had more of a transitional transfer period, where I had to find some replacements for the players I released and sold

Fayçal Abidjo - his value has went up slightly, and I'm really excited about playing him in competitive matches for a full season

Michael Boyd - released by the Wellington Phoenix. He has a handful of caps for New Zealand, so he has to be decent at least.

Michael Baird - one of the new strikers on the team. Last played for First Vienna FC 1894 in the Austrian Erste Liga (2nd tier). Bit on the old side but will do for the next couple games

Andrei Herghelegiu - Romanian striker who was transfer-listed, and recommended by his agent. Actually didn't really have an idea of all the attributes but looking at them, he's a solid player who will succeed once he gets used to his surroundings

Andrew Boyens - the former TFC player also played with the New York Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders, and Istres in France for the last 4 years. He's on the downside of his career but I'm happy to have his experience to guide us to win a championship.

I also managed to sell 3 players for $250k. Linck Engster wanted to leave, so I offered him out, and Sydney was the only club to bid for him. Hernandez was a pre-arranged transfer, and Maicon Santos was tough because many refused to bid on a 30+ year old striker who's not really quick. Considering I got both of their replacements for $12k, I would say it's a great deal in the end. Of course, we still have to play the games...some of my younger players were refused because they couldn't blend in well in the dressing room with the rookies and sophomores.

I'm not done yet and I might have another signing or two, but I don't want to go near the budget to see how much money we make this year, so these are my signings for this season unless I can cut some wages to accommodate more players.

-----

O-League (OFC Champions League)

Group A: Blackbeach (Vanuatu), Kossa FC (Solomon Islands), Ba (Fiji), Nikao (Cook Islands)

Group B: AS Magenta (New Caledonia), AS Manu Ura (Tahiti), Auckland City (New Zealand), Team Wellington (New Zealand)

Ricky's Nakano new challenge

November 2, 2015

I have given the Auckland City my resignation papers. I fancy a new challenge in Asian country.

November 12, 2015

Have a job offer from a Chinese club. Delayed it for a week and debating whether to accept. I will state in advance that it's not one of the Guangzhou based clubs.

November 14, 2015

Applied for a Hong Kong club. No it's not South China, but they have a decent setup and were rated the 3rd best club in the league, but in 8th place.

November 16, 2015

Applied for a national team job, based in Asia, that I realistic think I have a chance of getting.

November 18, 2015

The Hong Kong club have approached me officially. I have decided to reject it because they were on a 7 game winless streak and knowing how good I am in Hong Kong I decided to pass on that offer. I will take the Chinese club's offer.

November 19, 2015

I have a new job in China! Details coming soon. :)

AnhuiJiufangFC.png

Anhui Jiufang FC

Founded in 2003, Anhui Jiufang are a professional Chinese club currently playing in the Chinese Yi League North. The club play their home games at Hefei Olympics Sports Centre (pics here and here). They have basic training facilities, basic youth facilities, a youth academy, and basic youth recruitment network.

They didn't get promotion to the Jia League. My main goal is to get them promoted next season. The season just ended so I have time to rebuild this team in the off-season.

Here is a map, with the star showing Anhui. They have some Wu speakers as well as the main Mandarin speakers in this area. It's quite far from Guangdong province and Hong Kong as you can see...

Good luck in China rancer. :thup:

Does it feel like a step down after all you did with Auckland or do you feel that it was the right move?

In a way, it is a step down. I'm in the Chinese 3rd tier. But I really wanted one of the Guangdong clubs, either Guangdong Rizhiquan/Sunray Cave or Guangzhou Phaumautical FC/Evergrande FC, whatever those clubs are called now! :p

I took this job to can prove I can manage in China to get one of the above jobs. And besides, you get to see these jerseys every game at Guangzhou!! :D

However, I really got sick of New Zealand. In the long run it would be worth it to make my name known in Asia. I would have preferred a Jia League club, but Anhui have a good chance at promotion, so I wouldn't mind winning the league first before I get there. My 3 year deal helps with job security.

Archived