FM 11 Heart of Midlothian fc thread

makie1874

heartsBadge_large.jpg

Heart of Midlothian Football Club was founded in 1874 and took its name from the Royal Mile dance hall frequented by the founders. Tom Purdie became the first captain, winning a one-v-one competition to secure that honour.

The club initially played at the Meadows, Powburn and Powderhall before taking up residence in the Gorgie area in 1881, moving to the existing Tynecastle site five years later in 1886.

Hearts were the only club from the East of Scotland to become founder members of the Scottish League in 1890 and success came quickly with two league titles and four Scottish Cup wins between 1895 and 1906, including a 3-1 win over Hibernian in the only Scottish Cup Final to be played outside Glasgow, at Logie Green in 1896. This period saw many great players wear the maroon jersey including arguably the best of all, Bobby Walker, who won 29 caps for Scotland.

The First World War brought more fame to the club but not on the field of play. The entire playing staff volunteered to join the forces and, in doing so, encouraged thousands of supporters to follow suit. Seven players were killed in action, few of the survivors managed to play again after the horrors of the trenches, but their sacrifices have never been forgotten and every year a Remembrance Service is held at Haymarket where a war memorial to the club stands proudly.

Despite having a reputation for exciting football and setting record attendances at many away grounds, the club had to wait until the fifties for its next silverware. Under manager Tommy Walker the Scottish Cup returned to Gorgie in 1956, with the League Championship flag following in 1958 (a season which saw the side score a record 132 League goals) and 1960. The side, which contained legendary names such as Alfie Conn, Willie Bauld, Jimmy Wardhaugh, John Cumming, Dave Mackay and Alex Young, also won the League Cup on four occasions.

A period of decline followed this golden era, culminating in the club dropping out of the top division on three occasions in the late seventies and early eighties. However, in 1983 Hearts came back to the top division for good and came close to bringing success to the supporters on a number of occasions. Although no trophies arrived the fans at least had an unparalleled streak of 22 league games without defeat against rivals Hibernian to celebrate.

The breakthrough finally came in 1998 when under manager, Jim Jefferies, himself an ex-player, Hearts lifted the Scottish Cup defeating Rangers 2-1 in the final at Celtic Park.

Over the next couple of years Hearts form was inconsistent at times, and this resulted in the eventual departure of the cup-winning hero Jefferies in late 2000. In his final months at Hearts, the team came dramatically close to eliminating VfB Stuttgart from the UEFA Cup, having recorded a memorable win over the Germans in Edinburgh.

In December 2000 former captain Craig Levein was appointed as head coach to replace Jefferies. The new boss immediately set to work on restoring the fortunes of the team by adopting a fresh philosophy within the squad. His approach had proved a successful one, particularly in the league, where Hearts have now recorded back to back third-place finishes and consequently successive UEFA Cup qualifications for the first time since the 1960s.

This has followed a season during which the team went to France and memorably defeated Girondins de Bordeaux in their own Parc Lescure stadium, where Mark De Vries poked home one of the most remarkable away goals in many a year. Unfortunately the French side overturned the first-leg deficit at Tynecastle, however no supporter will ever forget that magical night.

Levein's second consecutive third place finish again gave his side a crack at the UEFA Cup, now operating in an exciting new group format. Hearts made it to this stage by taking care of Portuguese side SC Braga 5-3 on aggregate. Drawn in a group with Feyenoord, Schalke, Ferencvaros (all previous winners of this trophy) and Basel, it looked a tough task to qualify.

This became even more difficult when Levein and Houston left to join Leicester City in October 2004. There was really only one candidate for the job and nobody was surprised when Tynecastle striking legend John Robertson was plucked from Inverness Caledonian Thistle a matter of days afterwards. Despite a memorable victory in Basel in the UEFA Cup, his arrival came too late to earn progression into the last sixteen.

In February 2005 Vladimir Romanov completed deals to buy shares from Leslie Deans and Chris Robinson which gave his investment group Ubig a 29.9% share of the club. As part of the deal chief executive Chris Robinson resigned. He was, after an interim period under Sergejus Fedotovas, replaced by former Scottish Rugby chief Phil Anderton.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club were changing and with that John Robertson's short spell as head coach came to an end after six months. His replacement was a clear statement of intent. George Burley, who commanded a fine reputation across Europe, was lured from England, where he had managed Ipswich Town and Derby County, and embarked on a spectacular spending spree with support from the club's major financial backer.

Short time success was secured, but after "irrevocable differences" George left the club. He was replaced by Graham Rix, the former Chelsea coach. Just after the departure of George, chief executive Phil Anderton left the club. Although not a direct replacement, Campbell Ogilvie, the former Rangers director arrived in Edinburgh as operations director, with a remit to run the football club on a day-to-day basis.

Although life was difficult at the beginning for the new coach, Graham slowly began to get the team playing as he wished. He was later aided by Jim Duffy, who joined the club as a coach, initially, before becoming director of football. Alas for Graham and Jim, their partnership was short lived. Both were dismissed barely before the end of March. The new man was an internal appointment: Valdas Ivanauskas was handed the job on an interim basis.

He will forever go down as the man who delivered Hearts seventh Tennent's Scottish Cup, after a dramatic penalty shoot-out victory over Gretna, and perhaps more importantly a crack at the UEFA Champions League for the first time as runners-up in the league.

Star Players

0,,10289~9029518,00.jpg

Name: Marius Zaliukas

Nationality: Lithuanian

Date of Birth: 10/11/1983

Height: 6' 3" (190cm)

Weight: 13st 3lbs (84.0kg)

Previous

Clubs: FBK Kaunas

Position: Defender

0,,10289~9022608,00.jpg

Name: Lee Wallace

Nationality: Scottish

Date of Birth: 01/08/1987

Height: 6' 1" (185cm)

Position: Defender

Promising Youngster

0,,10289~9072944,00.jpg

Name: David Templeton

Nationality: Scottish

Date of Birth: 07/01/1989

Height: 5' 9" (176cm)

Weight: 9st 13lbs (63.0kg)

Previous

Clubs: Stenhouse muir, Raith Rovers (loan)

Position: Midfielder

Good luck with your hearts career

Damn, you beat me to it haha!

I'm having an up and down season so far with Hearts.

Won the LC, beating Dundee Utd on Penalties, but struggling to build any form of consistency.

Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 atm, with Clum and Leigh Griffiths up top, Driver and Suso on the wings with Temps just behind.

Into my second season now.

In the first season we finished 7th; at the split Motherwell went into the top group instead of us on goals scored - I was gutted. Lost the league cup final to Aberdeen after we previously put out Rangers and Celtic. Went out of the Scottish cup in a replay with Morton! They went on to win it! They've also progressed to the Euro Cup group stage in season 2, despite being near the bottom of the 1st division LOL. My position was very insecure, but didn't get sacked.

Incidentally, I don't look at attributes when signing players - just a rule I've made for myself to make it a bit more difficult.

Good luck everyone.

Eckauskas - well done on winning the league cup! any bit of silverwear will do in first season :) . yeh im kinda the same iv been drawing a lot and winning now and then .

TheMister - Morton are doing well then lol :O . unlucky on not winning league cup ! falkirk put me out of it on penalties :( .

My seasons been ok so far im sitting 3rd at moment but changes every game almost as its very close between top 6 clubs at least .

TheMister - Morton are doing well then lol :O . unlucky on not winning league cup ! falkirk put me out of it on penalties :( .

My seasons been ok so far im sitting 3rd at moment

Would you believe Morton beat Falkirk in the final LOL. A first division final.

I'm 3rd too in 2011/12. Was actually top most of the time until Christmas! 2nd is conceivable but unlikely. Should hold on for Europe, but really my target was just the top 6, so I'll be content whatever happens. The cups have been a disappointment. Last year I improved the youth facilities (£1.6m), and this year the training facilities are being worked on. And Mad Vlad gave me a 3 year contract.

Strachan is at Hibs and McCoist took over at Rangers. Rafa eventually got sacked (1 week after the club gave him a 3 year contract!?!) and Wenger took over at Inter.

I'm having an up and down season so far with Hearts.

Won the LC, beating Dundee Utd on Penalties, but struggling to build any form of consistency.

Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 atm, with Clum and Leigh Griffiths up top, Driver and Suso on the wings with Temps just behind.

Well done on the cup win!

We've been really inconsistent too, and I put it down to coming to grips with the match preparation feature - but mostly my formation. I was using the same as you, a shape and tactics I used a for all of FM10. But I've just decided to change back to 451, which I actually prefer and I used for FM9 - which has given me a little personnel problem for the second half of 2011/12. If you stick with 41212 the best bit of advice I could give is have your fullback runs on rare, and the MCs on nothing more than mixed.

Good luck everyone.

Into my 2nd season with the jambos finished 2nd some way behind Rangers in the 1st season fighting for 2nd place again this year. Signed Gomis for a free transfer at the end of last season have Griffithes up top with Kyle as the target man works well. Black player of the season as a deep lying play maker gets loads of assists and with Gomis as a box to box mid next to him works well. Still in the Europa league made it through the groups by finishing 2nd to HSV in front of Cluij and Anderlecht. Has anyone had any expeirence with Danny Thomson the centre mid? he's starting to break into my first team challengeing Gomis and Black so hopfully can get better and better.

@ Rudi_19 Im not sure about danny thomson i know on fm 10 he was alright but never experienced him much . its jonathan brown thats breaking into my team at the moment :) . well done on finishing 2nd first season im surprised how well im doing and how tight league is on my game .

Heres couple pics to show how my game is so far ....

th_ClydesdaleBankPremierLeagueInformation_LeagueTable.png

th_HeartOfMidlothianHearts_Tactics.png

Would you believe Morton beat Falkirk in the final LOL. A first division final.

I'm 3rd too in 2011/12. Was actually top most of the time until Christmas! 2nd is conceivable but unlikely. Should hold on for Europe, but really my target was just the top 6, so I'll be content whatever happens. The cups have been a disappointment. Last year I improved the youth facilities (£1.6m), and this year the training facilities are being worked on. And Mad Vlad gave me a 3 year contract.

Strachan is at Hibs and McCoist took over at Rangers. Rafa eventually got sacked (1 week after the club gave him a 3 year contract!?!) and Wenger took over at Inter.

All sounds good apart from falling from 1st place but thats nothing to feel bad about im surprised iv made the top 3 so far and kept up the battle ! im on 8 straight wins 7 of them league games so im happy with that but playing at home to rangers at moment so who knows what will happen lol .

Strachan at hibs :O thats good for hibs! calderwoods close to being sacked on mine and smiths looking like leaving at end of season .

my targets normally top 5 but i prefer 4th or 3rd for europe obviously :)

2nd season done and dusted clean sweep in Scotland League cup Scottish Cup and the SPL. Have now lost Andy Driver for £3.8m to Wolfsburgh and Eggert Jonnson for £1.9m to Bolonga but with being in the Champions League I've been able to bring in Woodgate and O'Shea for free transfers add a bit of expeirence to the back Xherdan Shaqiri has been brought in on loan from Man City for the season to replace Driver. Other players I've brought in are :

S.Naismith - Free

Nick Blackman - £500k

C.Bryson - Free

S.Robertson - Free

P.Dixon - Free

Boudzoumou - £200k

P.Slane - £150k

Future is looking good beat Sheiff and Hadjuk Split to get into the champions league group stage with Barcelona Juventus and Besiktas target 3rd place and see if we can stay in Europe at least.

2nd season done and dusted clean sweep in Scotland League cup Scottish Cup and the SPL. Have now lost Andy Driver for £3.8m to Wolfsburgh and Eggert Jonnson for £1.9m to Bolonga but with being in the Champions League I've been able to bring in Woodgate and O'Shea for free transfers add a bit of expeirence to the back Xherdan Shaqiri has been brought in on loan from Man City for the season to replace Driver. Other players I've brought in are :

S.Naismith - Free

Nick Blackman - £500k

C.Bryson - Free

S.Robertson - Free

P.Dixon - Free

Boudzoumou - £200k

P.Slane - £150k

Future is looking good beat Sheiff and Hadjuk Split to get into the champions league group stage with Barcelona Juventus and Besiktas target 3rd place and see if we can stay in Europe at least.

Good luck with your european group :) sounds like your doing good .

Im not with hearts anymore im doing an international game with portugal lol :D hopefully join a club at some point when im ready to and try go to hearts :p

With my first game on FM always being hearts i've just finished my first season, coming second to Celtic and winning the league cup, and the scottish cup with a 2-0 win over hibs in the final. Griffiths, Driver and Temps have been brilliant and i would of won the league if the defence was a little better. Sold alot of my back-up type player and got a transfer kitty of £10mil to spent, hopefully put up a decent challenge in Europe.

got a transfer kitty of £10mil

Bloody hell!

2011/12

SPL - 3

SC - 5

LC - QF

The board agreed to improve the training facilities, but the development fell through due to lack of funds.

2012/13

SPL - 4

SC - QF

LC - 3

EC - 4Qual

I must try harder in the cups! The board have agreed to a £4.6m improvement to the youth facilities, should go through.

2nd treble in a row and 20 + games into my 4th season finished 2nd in my group in the champions league behind Bayern Munich by getting beat at home 1-0 by them and drawing home and away with CSKA Moscow but with a 2-0 win away to Bayern and wins at home and away against Espanyol puts us in the knock out stage. With the free transfers of F.Gago, S.Muntari, D.Goodwillie along with signing F.Fyfie the teams looking strong for anyone starting as Hearts would have to say sign Leigh Griffiths from Dundee and also at the end of the seasons look at Dundee Utd for players running out of contract I signed Gomis,Dixon,Robertson and Goodwillie all on free transfers and would reckonmend them all but if you still have Wallace you will use Dixon as cover not good enough to be infront of Wallace. My starting line up is :

4-4-2

GK.Sam Walker - Free from Chelsea

RB.Craig Thomson

CB.Kyle Bartley/Havard Nordtveit - Both free from Arsenal

CB.R.McGowan/Alexey Ivanov - Regan free from Zenit

LB.Lee Wallace

RM.James Forrest/Simone Verdi - Forrest loan Arsenal/Verdi loan Man Utd

CM.Fernando Gago - Free Real Madrid S.Muntari - Free Inter

CM.Fraser Fyfie - £3m from Aberdeen - Josh McEachran - Loan Chelsea

LM.Xherdan Shaqiri - Loan Man City S.Naismth - Free Rangers

FC.David Goodwillie - Free Dundee Utd N.Blackman - £500k St Johnstone

FC.Leigh Griffiths - £250k Dundee A.Semakin - Regan £700k Sherrif

Good MCs and SCs there Rudi. KUTGW.

My better signings have been Andersen Aase (SC, Stabaek, £300k), Marinescu (AMRLC, Steaua{originally Unirea}, £130k), and Jorgensen (MC, Esbjerg, Free).

2013/14

SPL - 6

SC - S

LC - Q

EC - 3 in Group, 8 points

The youth facilities got improved to 'Excellent'. McGhee replaced Strachan at Hibs. Avram Grant went to Juve, Alonso at City, Benitez re-appointed at Liverpool, and Deschamps at Benfica.

Finally won the SPL in my 4th season, doing the double by winning the Scottish cup also (not lost a Scottish cup game yet) this eased the pain of last season where i lost the league to a 92nd min. goal from Scott Brown. I also had my first run in the champions league coming 3rd in the group stages, although did poorly in the Europa league. Anyone managed to get a new stadium yet? I'm guessing expansion is pretty much impossible as I've had planning rejected two years in a row.

I'm trying to get a new stadium but updateing the youth academy first see how that goes. Im into my 4th season 13 games unbeaten in the league for the first time in 3 seasons I've been put out a cup being the league cup and mostly my backup players not to bothered about would rather be out that one then any of the others. Signed Aqualani on a free transfer looks to be a good signing playing in the middle with Gago so great midfield for the SPL. After 4 games in the champions leauge im into the knock out stage beat Feyenoord 1-0 away ( against 9 men ) beat Valencia 2-0 away and 2-1 at home but missed a pen at home to Lyon and drew 0-0 at home. Has anyone ever got rid of Hearts debt it never seems to change no matter what game it is fm09 fm10 or this one.

Thought id have a go with hearts since its the team i support :D

Ins:

Yakubu Abubakari

Jay DeMerit

Fabian Brandy

Leigh Griffiths

Bernard Mendy

Outs:

- David Obua

- Arvydas Novikovas

- jamie Macdonald (Loan)

If i play kyle upfront as a supporting target man and griffiths/brandy/elliot as the poachers i take it ill score a load? :D

Finished 2nd in my first season. Rangers won the league i lost to rangers in one of my last games 1-0 so they won the league JUST by goal difference, i also signed zaliukas on a free and got everyones contracts that ran out re-signed apart from david templeton, his agent is a douche :\

I started my game as italy then in 2017 joined hearts

In my first season in my first season i finished 4th not a great start but would look to improve as always

In my seacond season 2018-2019 i won the treble thanks to my big squad of players.Signed a couple decent regens and jelavic who scored 25 goals.I also went on a good run in the europa league got to second knockout stage before being beat 6-1 on aggregate to man city.

At the end of the season my board announced they are building a new stadium 27.000 seater at the price of 69 million so i have had to cut down my wages and sell a couple decent players liek scott robinson who i pocketed a cool 4.4 million for.

In my third season now doing well sitting 3 points clear at the top<Also sitting bottom in my champions league group of valencia tottenham and shakter buthoping for europa place

Second Season:

Ins:

- Fode Mansare

- Koen van de Laak

- Isaiah Osbourne

Outs:

- Suso Santana

- Gary Glen

- Scott Robinson

And aload of players whos contracts expired. E.G: Palazuelos, Kucharski, Gordon Smith, Jamie Mole

Summary:

Celtic won the league, we finished 2nd....again! and rangers 3rd. Since rangers did well last season in the champions league scotland got their 2nd champions league spot back and hearts claimed it ;)

I pist leigh griffiths off and he doesant even want to talk to me so looks like ill have to sell him :\

Season 3:

SOLD THE WHOLE SQUAD! (except from driver)

Got in like a ton of players on frees like chris eagles, ross wallace, royston drenthe, soren larsen, adrian mutu, hatem ben afra, carmelo, vince grella, kamil zayatte, steven caldwell, martin caceres, marton fulop and some other players.

& yes im like 100k over my weekly wage budget BUT we beat ajax 2-1 on agg to get into the best place qualifiers stage in the champions league, just need to beat liverpool now and were in the group stages :\

I need a takeover I think need the debt cleared but Romanov wont budge just signed Xavi on a free transfer might be 34 but could not resist bringing him to Tynecastle. I'm crushing Celtic and Rangers in my 5th season 21 games gone and im 15 points clear of Celtic who are 2nd with Dundee 3rd who have a rich Croatian in charge of them they seem to be considered a bigger team than Hearts :S considering I've won 3 trebles in a row and got into the Champions League knock out stages the past 2 seasons :S looks like I need a bigger stadium to leave Rangers and Celtic trailing behind.

Season 5: won the league comfortably, although lost my first ever Scottish cup game to Celtic at the semi-final stage, they also beat me in the league cup final. Done wonderfully in champions league however by reaching the semi-final stage. Could really do with a bigger/new stadium as its holing me back financially (wages are close to the 300k mark). Team looks like this at the end of the season:

GK: Asenjo/Boruc

RB: Thomson/Richards

CB: Demidov

CB: Demerit/Chicao(regen)

LB: Wallace

DM: Ropotan/A.Diarra

DM: Gago/Corsini(regen)

AMR/AML: Driver, Templeton, Ben Arfa, Andrezinho(regen)

AMC: Kranjcar/Robinson

ST: Eduardo, Goodwillie, Griffiths

The league is getting a little boring but going to stick with the save as i'd love to win the champions league - never managed it with Hearts before.

Been lazy and not posted for a while.

2014/15

SPL - 3

SC - 5

LC - R/U

2015/16

SPL - 2

SC - Q

LC - Q

EC - 3rd in group

2016/17

SPL - 1

SC - 4

LC - R/U

ECC - 3rd in group

EC - 1st KO

Now I'm halfway through the next season.

In the champs league I got Barca, Inter and Anderlecht! I was just hoping Anderlecht were going to be my bitch for getting 3rd place. Ended up with 3rd, but did a lot better than I expected, getting 9 points. Lost the first game to Inter in the Meazza 7-2!! But we got 2 draws with Barca (they've won it the last 2 years)!! A draw and victory versus Anderlecht. And beat Inter 3-1 at Tynecastle! European glory wasn't an aim I set myself for this save, but I'm now wondering if we could do it, given a bit of luck.

It's great after a few years, watching the management changes. One that stood out was at Aberdeen; John hughes - nothing unusual there, but his assistant was Francesco Totti!! LMAO

Thankfully the new patch has let me continue my game running away with the league again and in the champions league knock out stage after finishing a point ahead of Barcelona and a point behind Palermo but up against Man Utd in the next stage which will be a hard game but you never know. Move to the new stadium at the end of the season and hopefully bring some extra cash in only problem is the debt really need to start getting rid of some of it as its up to £57m. If anyone has the chance of signing Kyle Bartley from Arsenal take it the guy is a rock at the back for me surprised to see him getting called up to the England squad and getting a game also Sam Walker my keeper gets called up but can't get a game.

When I said you never know I was right a 2-0 win at home with a own goal and a Griffiths goal then away at Old Trafford a great 3-1 win with Griffiths again scoreing the opener then Mcgowan adding a 2nd and Clarke (regen) scoring a 90th min pen so a famous 5-1 win. Team is scoreing for fun at the moment with 89 goals in the league in 29 games this season with Griffiths and Goodwillie on fire yet again with Okoro (regen) also in double figures.

Sign Griffiths look at Dundee Utd for players with their contracts running up. Play Black as a deep lying play maker he plays well there untill you get a better standard of player. Kyle Bartley is a great centre half to get.

Its took long enough but I've got European success after finishing 3rd in my Champions League group behind Barcelona and Dortmund but ahead of Rapid Wein we went on to win the Europa League which rounded off the season after a domestic treble. Won the Europa league after a penaltys v Leeds United who where top of the Championship they where the 3rd English side I had to face after putting West Brom and Liverpool out and Leeds themselves putting Manchester City out and the final being held at Villa Park could almost of been classed as a English cup with the jambos upsetting all the odds. Starting to dominate Scotland completely only lost 1 game all of last season and drawing 3 so ended up with 105 points and the game I lost was due to me resting a lot of players for the Europa League I've won 8 Scottish Cups and SPL championships in a row. Tom Cairney has been a great signing he signed for Aberdeen on a free transfer and cost me 3.5m a season later. With winning the Euopa League got to play in the Super Cup which mean I had to play against Barclona again the team that finished top of my Champions League group but who I drew both group games with 0-0 away and 2-2 at home it was another draw this time 1-1 which took us to extra time with C.Thomson scoring a header and Barca levelling it with 2 mins to go. So it was pens again and big Sam Walker pulling of 3 great saves we won.

Kyle Bartley still at the heartt of the defence with a amazing Swedish regan who has a mimimum fee release claus of 29m and I wouldn't rule out the likes of Barcelona paying that for the guy. Sam walker has been great for me all for a free transfer like Bartley he's been a rock. The new stadium which origonally held 26 thousand has been expanded and is in the middle of being expanded again which will take me to around 50 thousand seater with improving the training facilities to the best they can be and the youth facilities being upgraded again. Just need to get rid of that debt and im laughing.

• 2 weeks later...

What season are you in mate? I started a Hearts game when I first got FM (Mid Dec) and ended up getting sacked halfway through 2nd season....and that was after finishing 2nd in my first season.....keeping players happy is a struggle and a half! Not just keeping them happy but not having a reserve league is a major pain in the backside, loan out loan out is the way I go!

But, into my new save, just entered Jan....sold a few heids and managed to bring in Leigh Griffiths (sensation for me) for just £400k, also got Man Utd as my Parent club who then threw Chris Smalling at me on loan....darn nice of them! I also managed to get Rigobert Song on a free...big wages though (£8.5k) but worth it as even although he is getting on a bit he is solid in the SPL....a few top Spanish teams are sniffing about him but they can bolt!

you get only 100k to spend first season but able to get some more by selling players and there are a good few who just are not good enough. Im now in season 2020/2021 loving this save I am able to keep my best players just need to give them big wages to make them stay top earners are on 50k a week but still got £30m in the bank. Sam Walker has been a solid keeper for me and Kyle Bartley is different class 411 games for the club and 56 goals not bad for a centre half spesh when signed for a free transfer. Sold Griffiths as he started struggling to get into my first team as 2 regens I got are great spesh 1 I have 164 goals in 218 games.

Archived